NATION

PASSWORD

50 Dead After New Zealand Terrorist Attack

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Digital Planets
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Digital Planets » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:18 am

Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
Andsed wrote:Agreed the guy who charged the gun man is a hero and had some massive balls.

He apparently didn’t charge the attacker and was instead trying to run past him while he was reloading, but we’ll never know if it was that or if he was truly trying to take down his opponent ‘cause the man’s fucking dead.

Even if he was trying to run past him, he still tried to distract the shooter and most likely attempted to shove him once the flight option was no longer available, and that’s still leagues better than helplessly cowering in a corner.

If you think about it, it's essentially a war crime against humanity to cower in a corner. We're just badasses like that.

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
United States of Devonta wrote:
The only ones who've been talking about guns are well... Pro-gun people. Lets talk about the dead, please.

Also, victims names are starting to be released. I wanna hear the name of the martyr who charged the gun man. He will live on in history.

And he's going to Jannah. In Al-Islam Muslims automatically go to Jannah for martyrdom, no questions asked.

Damning thought

BRB boys I'm going to Jannah, watch the news for me.
So you decide to open it anyway? What the heck, man?

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:18 am

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Two wrongs dont make a right my dude.

It does make two wrongs though, which is the original point.

(X)
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:20 am

Digital Planets wrote:
Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
He apparently didn’t charge the attacker and was instead trying to run past him while he was reloading, but we’ll never know if it was that or if he was truly trying to take down his opponent ‘cause the man’s fucking dead.

Even if he was trying to run past him, he still tried to distract the shooter and most likely attempted to shove him once the flight option was no longer available, and that’s still leagues better than helplessly cowering in a corner.

If you think about it, it's essentially a war crime against humanity to cower in a corner. We're just badasses like that.

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:And he's going to Jannah. In Al-Islam Muslims automatically go to Jannah for martyrdom, no questions asked.

Dam*ing thought

BRB boys I'm going to Jannah, watch the news for me.

Lol you gotta say shahada too. Or at least believe in 1 God.
Last edited by El-Amin Caliphate on Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:20 am

Esternial wrote:So he claims no place in the world is safe from the islam invaders and then promptly proceeds to make the place he's in unsafe by shooting people.

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Irony Land! :?

(Nah, I'm not taking jabs at you, don't worry! It actually makes sense to me.)
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:25 am

Internationalist Bastard wrote:
Tareldar wrote:But it'll happen because free press.

I saw one outlet was unironically citing the Navy Seal copypasta in his manifesto, saying it's possible he was a former Navy SEAL with over 300 confirmed kills.

I’ve heard tons of memes apparently in his manifesto
Never confirmed but hearsay is that it’s all a joke

I’ve read the relevant sections. It’s super cringy
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:27 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Internationalist Bastard wrote:I’ve heard tons of memes apparently in his manifesto
Never confirmed but hearsay is that it’s all a joke

I’ve read the relevant sections. It’s super cringy

The guy is honestly a complete psychopath. I'd love to get him on a psychiatrist's couch, but that ship has sailed.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:30 am

Czechosia wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:True, but the people in this mosque were not Turks, nor involved in said genocide.
Punishing Charles because Pete wronged you makes you a bad person.

Hitler was a Muslim.

No. He definitely was not
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:31 am

Esternial wrote:So he claims no place in the world is safe from the islam invaders and then promptly proceeds to make the place he's in unsafe by shooting people.

Interesting that people tend to think that the share of Muslims in their country is much higher then it actually is. Allot of it seems to be hysteria.

Last edited by United States of Devonta on Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Bun Queen
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Bun Queen » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:31 am

The fact that the shooter was using memes, jokes, and the whole stupid T-Series vs Pewdiepie war. Makes me feel disgusted that he would try to make the shooting "lighthearted."

I want to say I am sorry that this had to happen to the Musilm community in NZ. No religion deserves this kind of oppression.

Rather it be Christian, Buddist, Jewish, or Musilms these religions do not deserve this.
Basic Information About Me

I'm a 23 year old female Swiss College student, when I'm bored or when I have time to myself I like to hop on NSG and join in on some friendly discussions!

Dislikes: Politics

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:31 am

Interesting that people tend to think that the share of Muslims in their country is much higher then it actually is. Allot of it seems to be hysteria.

You should get a better quality photo, that one is blurry as heck
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:34 am

Tareldar wrote:
Skylus wrote:Alright, I finally read through all 50+ pages.
Honestly, I'm already desensitized to this shit. I think all of us are, because this has happened so much. And it WILL happen again.
Not if, not where, but when.

Now read all 74 pages of his manifesto.

Take a shot each time "European" is mentioned.

I’d rather not die of alcohol poisoning
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:34 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:

You should get a better quality photo, that one is blurry as heck

Fixed.
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Senegalboy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Senegalboy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:34 am

Czechosia wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:True, but the people in this mosque were not Turks, nor involved in said genocide.
Punishing Charles because Pete wronged you makes you a bad person.

Hitler was a Muslim.

He was raised a Roman Catholic and is mother was a devout Catholic.
He disliked predominantly Muslim ethnic groups as they were "inferior" but was neutral towards Islam.

This nation is a Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation! Come join us today!

Zipangese Star Empire
Attaché

Founded: Oct 21, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Zipangese Star Empire » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:35 am

What I find to be the worst part of this, is that if you look into this little shit who shot up the mosque's manifesto, he's done this with the specific purpose in mind to rile up the media and the leftists in the US, to get them to start pushing more laws to restrict gun rights in the US which will force a violent backlash from the Right. .....And they've fallen for it, hook, line, and sinker.
FT version of The Empire of Japanese Pacific States (Now with genetic therapy, more Muv-luv tech, some slight Half-life Combine tech, Superweapons and some slight Star Wars, Halo tech influence and a Helghast-ish military).
ZSE National News:Kouzuki industries unveils new line of 00 Units, made to be as close to human as is possible.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:35 am

The percentage of people in New Zealand who are Muslim is ~1% according to the last census, so the terrorist has no idea what he is talking about:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_ ... statistics
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:39 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:I’ve read the relevant sections. It’s super cringy

The guy is honestly a complete psychopath. I'd love to get him on a psychiatrist's couch, but that ship has sailed.

He’s still alive. You could still get a state psychologist exam
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:40 am

Thermodolia wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:The guy is honestly a complete psychopath. I'd love to get him on a psychiatrist's couch, but that ship has sailed.

Yeah I know he is still alive, that isn't what I meant. I meant that the time for the intervention of a psychiatrist was before this happened.

Wave on, wave on

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:41 am

Will it work if we make him go through some psychological test, and just jail him as some unknown prisoner in an isolated cell?

I mean, this sounds cruel coming from me, but I just think that we should just starve him off from the attention. I will mourn the loss of the innocents, but at the same time, let this preparator never be heard from again.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:41 am

Thermodolia wrote:He’s still alive. You could still get a state psychologist exam

Yeah I know he is still alive, that isn't what I meant. I meant that the time for the intervention of a psychiatrist was before this happened.

Ah ya That’s long gone
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Amuaplye
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:41 am

Zipangese Star Empire wrote:What I find to be the worst part of this, is that if you look into this little shit who shot up the mosque's manifesto, he's done this with the specific purpose in mind to rile up the media and the leftists in the US, to get them to start pushing more laws to restrict gun rights in the US which will force a violent backlash from the Right. .....And they've fallen for it, hook, line, and sinker.

It's pretty much an impossibility that it wouldn't rile up the media. This is stuff that happens in the US. Not New Zealand.
I'm a dude.
Also, call me Amuaplye, not Amuapyle, or Amu.

Electrum on Discord wrote:Please do not ping me a list of body parts.

Zipangese Star Empire
Attaché

Founded: Oct 21, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Zipangese Star Empire » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:43 am

Thermodolia wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:The guy is honestly a complete psychopath. I'd love to get him on a psychiatrist's couch, but that ship has sailed.

Why would anyone bother with a psychological exam? From what I've seen it'd basically be just a redo of interviewing charles manson. Sorry but I honestly don't see anything productive coming of it. But that's just my opinion, I'm not a psychologist.

Amuaplye wrote:
Zipangese Star Empire wrote:What I find to be the worst part of this, is that if you look into this little shit who shot up the mosque's manifesto, he's done this with the specific purpose in mind to rile up the media and the leftists in the US, to get them to start pushing more laws to restrict gun rights in the US which will force a violent backlash from the Right. .....And they've fallen for it, hook, line, and sinker.

It's pretty much an impossibility that it wouldn't rile up the media. This is stuff that happens in the US. Not New Zealand.

Yeah but still, look on twitter to see what I'm talking about. Left is just in a frenzy from what I've seen, and the media is doing the same. So this guy got exactly what he wanted in the end I'm sad to say.
FT version of The Empire of Japanese Pacific States (Now with genetic therapy, more Muv-luv tech, some slight Half-life Combine tech, Superweapons and some slight Star Wars, Halo tech influence and a Helghast-ish military).
ZSE National News:Kouzuki industries unveils new line of 00 Units, made to be as close to human as is possible.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:44 am

Bun Queen wrote:The fact that the shooter was using memes, jokes, and the whole stupid T-Series vs Pewdiepie war. Makes me feel disgusted that he would try to make the shooting "lighthearted."

I want to say I am sorry that this had to happen to the Musilm community in NZ. No religion deserves this kind of oppression.

Rather it be Christian, Buddist, Jewish, or Musilms these religions do not deserve this.

The shooter is a piece of shit.

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:46 am

Amuaplye wrote:

He's the irl equivalent of a doxing troll on reddit. Except he killed people.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:47 am

The percentage of people in New Zealand who are Muslim is ~1% according to the last census, so the terrorist has no idea what he is talking about:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_ ... statistics

Just a run-of-the-mill racist who sees anyone sufficiently brown as muslim.

He'd probably consider my dad a muslim, who just spends way too much time in the garden whenever the sun's out.

Amuaplye
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:49 am

Zipangese Star Empire wrote:
Amuaplye wrote:It's pretty much an impossibility that it wouldn't rile up the media. This is stuff that happens in the US. Not New Zealand.

Yeah but still, look on twitter to see what I'm talking about. Left is just in a frenzy from what I've seen, and the media is doing the same. So this guy got exactly what he wanted in the end I'm sad to say.

Typical for attacks like this.
I'm a dude.
Also, call me Amuaplye, not Amuapyle, or Amu.

Electrum on Discord wrote:Please do not ping me a list of body parts.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General