NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread XV: A New Hoppe

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

To what ethical philosophy do you subscribe?

Ethical Egoism
11%
Act Utilitarianism
6%
Rule Utilitarianism
6%
Kantian Ethics
5%
Virtue Ethics
17%
Nihilism/YOLO
16%
Radical Subjectivism
2%
Cultural Relativism
3%
Divine Command Theory
16%
Natural Law Theory
18%

Total votes : 112

The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister

Founded: Jun 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:25 pm

Best architecture for sure
Last edited by The Galactic Liberal Democracy on Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

Duhon
Senator

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:26 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Bienenhalde wrote:
Ugh...Brutalist architecture is just plain ugly. Gothic is definitely superior.

>> when the cold beauty of Boston's city hall doesn't move you
>> when the harsh geometry of the Robarts Library doesn't awe you

do you even civilization

Needs more trees, especially the City Hall. Trees make a solitary acre easy on any eye, aye?

Duhon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:26 pm

The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:(Image)

Transformers!

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:30 pm

Duhon wrote:
The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:(Image)

Transformers!

Just imagine a giant Soviet robot invading Germany.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

Duhon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:31 pm

The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:
Duhon wrote:
Transformers!

Just imagine a giant Soviet robot invading Germany.

Or a giant American one. Where's that located?

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:32 pm

Proctopeo wrote:I prefer a sort of Futurist-Retrofuturist architecture myself.

Eero Saarinen, great architect or greatest architect? 8)
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:32 pm

Duhon wrote:
The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:Just imagine a giant Soviet robot invading Germany.

East Prussia
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:34 pm

Novus America wrote:
Duhon wrote:

East Prussia

>East Prussia
What century are you in? It’s Russia (formerly Soviet).
NOT STORMTROOPERS

Duhon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:37 pm

Novus America wrote:
Duhon wrote:

East Prussia

Oh well, at least I tried.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:37 pm

Novus America wrote:
East Prussia

>East Prussia

I know East Prussia is under Russian occupation of course.
Kaliningrad is a stupid name.
Last edited by Novus America on Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:38 pm

Novus America wrote:
The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:>East Prussia

Kalingrad is a stupid name.

It’s Kaliningrad.
NOT STORMTROOPERS

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:41 pm

Novus America wrote:
Kalingrad is a stupid name.

It’s Kaliningrad.

I know. I changed it before you commented.
Still stupid name.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:42 pm

My ultimate favorite art & architecture would have to be Graeco-Roman. The art that I appreciate the most is the kind which glorifies the human body, and the Greeks and Romans were masters of that. I've often fantasized about Grecian or Roman immigrant families reaching Kofun Japan and spreading marble columns and Graeco-Roman deities there.

Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

Duhon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:44 pm

Hanafuridake wrote:My ultimate favorite art & architecture would have to be Graeco-Roman. The art that I appreciate the most is the kind which glorifies the human body, and the Greeks and Romans were masters of that. I've often fantasized about Grecian or Roman immigrant families reaching Kofun Japan and spreading marble columns and Graeco-Roman deities there.

Why
Why would you inflict that on my Shinto temples and Zen gardens
Why
Why

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:44 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Bienenhalde wrote:
Ugh...Brutalist architecture is just plain ugly. Gothic is definitely superior.

>> when the cold beauty of Boston's city hall doesn't move you
>> when the harsh geometry of the Robarts Library doesn't awe you

do you even civilization

>Civilization
>Stacking a bunch of blocks on top of each other and calling it "architecture".

*shakes head* My poor modernist friend. Gothic is true culture *twists tip of mustache* (also Romanesque/Byzantine is pretty cool).

Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:45 pm

Hanafuridake wrote:My ultimate favorite art & architecture would have to be Graeco-Roman. The art that I appreciate the most is the kind which glorifies the human body, and the Greeks and Romans were masters of that. I've often fantasized about Grecian or Roman immigrant families reaching Kofun Japan and spreading marble columns and Graeco-Roman deities there.

How to create an Hanafuridake post:

1. Insert at least one reference to Japan somewhere.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:46 pm

you don’t want Ancient Greek/Roman gods.
NOT STORMTROOPERS

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:47 pm

Western Vale Confederacy wrote:

Okay, I like the US military because it spreads America around the world.

MacArthur, rightful leader of Japan.
NOT STORMTROOPERS

Yusseria
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Yusseria » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:49 pm

That is unironically disgusting.

Literally just concrete slabs stacked on top of each other.
Yusseria - The Prussia of NationStates
There is nothing wrong with Islamaphobia

Duhon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:50 pm

Tbf, it would be pretty entertaining to see how Japanese animists could take on Greco-Roman deities. I mean, they seemed to take on Chinese and Indian gods and culture heroes just fine, and there's the small but not nonexistent possibility that Uzume's the Japanese gloss of the prehistorical proto-Indo-European dawn goddess... but imagine... imagine Zeus in Japan.

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:50 pm

Novus America wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Art Deco is best

Art Deco is pretty awesome but I lean more towards mid century neo futurism/Googie/ray gun gothic.

Also acceptable.
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:52 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket wrote:Davis did not allow any of his slaves to be whipped without approval of the other slaves and only by slaves, believing freemen overseeing this were likelier to be sadistic.

Prove it.
The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket wrote:Carver was not castrated, that belief was presumed because of his unusually high voice and mannerisms, but it is extremely unlikely.

Actually it's disputed.

Are you defending these slave-owners or are you just trying to explain history?

It is in Foote's history of the civil war.

I doubt castration of slaves would make sense when importing them was ilkegal. Slaves were very expensive and the expectation that they would reproduce was part of that.

I don't think all American slave owners were bad. Therefore reparation for slavery per se would be wrong. Those who were wicked would not be hard to distinguish, as their cruelty would be affirmed by the majority of their slaves in court.
1 By the morning hours
2 And by the night when it is stillest,
3 Thy Lord hath not forsaken thee nor doth He hate thee,
4 And verily the latter portion will be better for thee than the former,
5 And verily thy Lord will give unto thee so that thou wilt be content.
6 Did He not find thee an orphan and protect (thee) ?
7 Did He not find thee wandering and direct (thee) ?
8 Did He not find thee destitute and enrich (thee) ?
9 Therefor the orphan oppress not,
10 Therefor the beggar drive not away,
11 Therefor of the bounty of thy Lord be thy discourse

Read the Qur'an!
Introduction to Islam through understanding the Qur'an
Why Islam?

Frostnia
Envoy

Founded: Aug 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Frostnia » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:53 pm

Duhon wrote:
The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:Just imagine a giant Soviet robot invading Germany.

Democracy is non-negotiable
MT nation composed of people from every nation with a current Antarctic base. NS stats somewhat apply (despite them being generally stupid). I would use my factbooks but I'm lazy and haven't gotten around to it yet.

Antarctica is a pretty "cool" place.
I'm not sorry

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:54 pm

you don’t want Ancient Greek/Roman gods.

I grew up reading the Iliad and mythology books, I think I know more about how I feel on the topic than you do.
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:54 pm

Salus Maior wrote:>Civilization
>Stacking a bunch of blocks on top of each other and calling it "architecture".

*shakes head* My poor modernist friend. Gothic is true culture *twists tip of mustache* (also Romanesque/Byzantine is pretty cool).

Gothic architecture is very hit or miss for me. The more spire happy it is, the less I like it.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General