NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread XV: A New Hoppe

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

To what ethical philosophy do you subscribe?

Ethical Egoism
11%
Act Utilitarianism
6%
Rule Utilitarianism
6%
Kantian Ethics
5%
Virtue Ethics
17%
Nihilism/YOLO
16%
Radical Subjectivism
2%
Cultural Relativism
3%
Divine Command Theory
16%
Natural Law Theory
18%

Total votes : 112

The Feylands
Envoy

Founded: Jul 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Feylands » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:39 pm

The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket wrote:They are to criticize Islam provided they do not insult the Prophet. Even the Pope says that is wrong.

What happens if the prophet is insulted? Does he get mad or hurt or something, where he is now? :o

Frankieman is not even a Catholic imho.. -.- not that I should have a say about that anymore ofc... ;)

(with that said - insults for the sake of insult are arguably never very constructive and spreads negative energies.. not a fan of the "butbutbut muh freedom of speech" thing me either...)

Hey there u! I'm Fey - the Celestial Fairy Princess! "Mᴀᴋɪɴɢ NS ᴄᴏsɪᴇʀ sɪɴᴄᴇ 2017!"® (◕‿◕)
, Vegetarian, Crazy Cat Lady, Dharmic Pagan, Metal, Fantasy, Elf/Fairy, Chinaboo, Yogi etc.
How can I be so cuddly and huggable? ♥♥♥ Because I exist to ease the suffering of this world! (⌒▽⌒) #TheBuddhaRocks
Little secret: I have a superpower called "ADHD". (^̮^)
♥Her Radiance's Celestial Thought♥
Neat: Essentialism, Monarchy, Difference Feminism, Animal rights, Green Conservatism, 中国, Beauty, Dignity of all life
ಠ~ಠ: Passive aggressive dorks, Abrahamic/Antropocentric world-view(s), the EU, celebrating ugliness..
I support Israel and everyone who suffer needlessly because of their own compassion.♥ (ಥ﹏ಥ)

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:40 pm

The Feylands wrote:
The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket wrote:They are to criticize Islam provided they do not insult the Prophet. Even the Pope says that is wrong.

What happens if the prophet is insulted? Does he get mad or hurt or something, where he is now?

Are you asking an honest question?
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:40 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:

It would not be wrong, however, to state that Muhammad is a heretic in the Christian worldview for altering the lives of the prophets and of Christ.

A heretic has to be a Chtistian, which Muhammed was not, he was never baptized.
1 By the morning hours
2 And by the night when it is stillest,
3 Thy Lord hath not forsaken thee nor doth He hate thee,
4 And verily the latter portion will be better for thee than the former,
5 And verily thy Lord will give unto thee so that thou wilt be content.
6 Did He not find thee an orphan and protect (thee) ?
7 Did He not find thee wandering and direct (thee) ?
8 Did He not find thee destitute and enrich (thee) ?
9 Therefor the orphan oppress not,
10 Therefor the beggar drive not away,
11 Therefor of the bounty of thy Lord be thy discourse

Read the Qur'an!
Introduction to Islam through understanding the Qur'an
Why Islam?

The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister

Founded: Jun 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:40 pm

The Feylands wrote:

What happens if the prophet is insulted? Does he get mad or hurt or something, where he is now? :o

Frankieman is not even a Catholic imho.. -.- not that I should have a say about that anymore ofc... ;)

(with that said - insults for the sake of insult are arguably never very constructive and spreads negative energies.. not a fan of the "butbutbut muh freedom of speech" thing me either...)

Why do you authoritarians hate freedom of speech? Your oppressive bullshit gets annoying. “Freedom of speech, lol. Who cares?”
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:41 pm

The Feylands wrote:

Insulting the Prophet should not be legal, not only does the Pope say this, but many western countries already agree. You can disagree with Islam without being insulting.
1 By the morning hours

Read the Qur'an!
Why Islam?

Baltenstein
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltenstein » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:43 pm

The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket wrote:
Baltenstein wrote:
Well, better no more complaints on your part in regards to right-wing policies at the expense of Muslim citizens and/or Muslim immigrants from you, m'kay?
One gets to protest about being treated unfairly by the system if he/she actually intends to go by the system's rules. Pretty sure that's a principle in Islam too.

They are to criticize Islam provided they do not insult the Prophet. Even the Pope says that is wrong.

I wasn't talking about criticizing Islam or "insulting the Prophet" (which by the way, is perfectly legal in Western countries. The Pope is no legal authority). I was talking about stuff like full citizen rights (including the right to practice your religion), legal protection from being mistreated by others/the state, granting asylum, benefit support and the like.
Those are things a liberal democracy will provide to people who are actually intending to stick to its rules (said rules include not implementing theocratic BS on said democracy's soil). Those people who willingly and deliberately violate its rules, it has every right and every duty to protect itself against.
If you are fine with this, fair enough.
O'er the hills and o'er the main.
Through Flanders, Portugal and Spain.
King George commands and we obey.
Over the hills and far away.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:43 pm

The Feylands wrote:What happens if the prophet is insulted? Does he get mad or hurt or something, where he is now? :o

Insulting the Prophet should not be legal, not only does the Pope say this, but many western countries already agree. You can disagree with Islam without being insulting.

Idk about that. Don't get me wrong, I get slightly irritated by insults to Habeebullah SAWS as well, but what you're agreeing with isn't a good idea. What should be happening is getting people to show respect for one another, and I don't think that'll happen with laws.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:44 pm

Baltenstein wrote:

I wasn't talking about criticizing Islam or "insulting the Prophet" (which by the way, is perfectly legal in Western countries. The Pope is no legal authority). I was talking about stuff like full citizen rights (including the right to practice your religion), legal protection from being mistreated by others/the state, granting asylum, benefit support and the like.
Those are things a liberal democracy will provide to people who are actually intending to stick to its rules (said rules include not implementing theocratic BS on said democracy's soil). Those people who willingly and deliberately violate its rules, it has every right and every duty to protect itself against.

I still don't know what you meant by that post.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

Baltenstein
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltenstein » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:45 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Baltenstein wrote:

I still don't know what you meant by that post.

Which part exactly do you not understand?
Last edited by Baltenstein on Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:46 pm

Speaking of the Pope, at least he has good ideas and intentions unlike our president.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:46 pm

Baltenstein wrote:

If you started persecuting Muslims, that would be grounds for jihad. Muslims do not want to interfere with your faith
1 By the morning hours

Read the Qur'an!
Why Islam?

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:47 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:It would not be wrong, however, to state that Muhammad is a heretic in the Christian worldview for altering the lives of the prophets and of Christ.

Actually it would be. He barely knew anything about Christianty to begin with. Heresy usually have some basis in the religion they come from.

He clearly knew enough to deny the crucifixion and give both Mary and Jesus (who is still the Messiah) strong prominence in Islam, while also acknowledging the disciples. Dante and many medieval scholars considered him as a schismatic.
Heresy, while not the correct word, comes close to describing the deviation of Muhammad's beliefs from the other two Abrahamic faiths.
Last edited by Northern Davincia on Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:48 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket wrote:Insulting the Prophet should not be legal, not only does the Pope say this, but many western countries already agree. You can disagree with Islam without being insulting.

Idk about that. Don't get me wrong, I get slightly irritated by insults to Habeebullah SAWS as well, but what you're agreeing with isn't a good idea. What should be happening is getting people to show respect for one another, and I don't think that'll happen with laws.

Muhammed, peace be upon him, tolerated disagreement but he did not believe in any right to insult him, neither did any other man at that time.
1 By the morning hours

Read the Qur'an!
Why Islam?

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:49 pm

Baltenstein wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:I still don't know what you meant by that post.

Which part exactly do you not understand?

Baltenstein wrote:Well, better no more complaints on your part in regards to right-wing policies at the expense of Muslim citizens and/or Muslim immigrants from you, m'kay?

This. I don't understand how being an Islamist mean I can't speak out against injustice, especially against injustice against my brothers and sisters.
Baltenstein wrote:One gets to protest about being treated unfairly by the system if he/she actually intends to go by the system's rules

Idk what this means.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

Baltenstein
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltenstein » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:50 pm

Baltenstein wrote:

If you started persecuting Muslims, that would be grounds for jihad. Muslims do not want to interfere with your faith

That does not adress what I said, at all. Unless by "persecuting Muslims" you mean the state taking punitive/protective measures against those who willingly and intentionally break its laws, in which case, you have a rather lousy definition of "persecution".

THE NORTH REMEMBERS

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:50 pm

The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:Speaking of the Pope, at least he has good ideas and intentions unlike our president.

Trump has an inkling of a good idea once in a blue moon, he just never acts on it fully.
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:50 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Actually it would be. He barely knew anything about Christianty to begin with. Heresy usually have some basis in the religion they come from.

He clearly knew enough to deny the crucifixion and give both Mary and Jesus (who is still the Messiah) strong prominence in Islam, while also acknowledging the disciples. Dante and many medieval scholars considered him as a schismatic.
Heresy, while not the correct word, comes close to describing the deviation of Muhammad's beliefs from the other two Abrahamic faiths.

I doubt Dante was familiar with the details of Islam, he probably only knew Muslims as exotic Christians who would not accept the Pope
1 By the morning hours

Read the Qur'an!
Why Islam?

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:52 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:He clearly knew enough to deny the crucifixion and give both Mary and Jesus (who is still the Messiah) strong prominence in Islam, while also acknowledging the disciples. Dante and many medieval scholars considered him as a schismatic.

I doubt Dante was familiar with the details of Islam, he probably only knew Muslims as exotic Christians who would not accept the Pope

Considering how Islamic armies invaded eastern Christian lands, this is not entirely absurd.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:52 pm

Baltenstein wrote:
The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket wrote:If you started persecuting Muslims, that would be grounds for jihad. Muslims do not want to interfere with your faith

That does not adress what I said, at all. Unless by "persecuting Muslims" you mean the state taking punitive/protective measures against those who willingly and intentionally break its laws, in which case, you have a rather lousy definition of "persecution".

No one here has advocated anything criminal.
1 By the morning hours

Read the Qur'an!
Why Islam?

Baltenstein
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltenstein » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:53 pm

This. I don't understand how being an Islamist mean I can't speak out against injustice, especially against injustice against my brothers and sisters.

It's not "injustice", in any sense of the word, to protect yourself and your society against those who are openly stating their intent to break its rules and replace them with thei own.

That's like some construction company announcing that it wants to turn Mecca into a holiday resort, and then complainting about "injustice" when Muslims are not letting them have their way.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:54 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:Speaking of the Pope, at least he has good ideas and intentions unlike our president.

Trump has an inkling of a good idea once in a blue moon, he just never acts on it fully.

He’s talked about a few good things, but rarely does anything for good or bad. I think his administration passed some law on preventing plastic pollution so I can’t say all of the very few things he’s ever done are bad.
NOT STORMTROOPERS

Baltenstein
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Baltenstein » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:55 pm

Baltenstein wrote:

No one here has advocated anything criminal.

If you put into practice, what you and El-Amin are advocating here - openly rejecting the state's laws in favor of your own theocratic ones - you would make yourself a criminal.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:56 pm

Baltenstein wrote:

It's not "injustice", in any sense of the word, to protect yourself and your society against those who are openly stating their intent to break its rules and replace them with thei own.

That's like some construction company announcing that it wants to turn Mecca into a holiday resort, and then complainting about "injustice" when Muslims are not letting them have their way.

No one said anything abput breaking rules, just changing them. And shari'ah is for Muslims, not imposed on unbelievers.
1 By the morning hours

Read the Qur'an!
Why Islam?

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:56 pm

Baltenstein wrote:
The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket wrote:No one here has advocated anything criminal.

If you put into practice, what you and El-Amin are advocating here - openly rejecting the state's laws in favor of your own theocratic ones - you would make yourself a criminal.

That’s not how US law works.
NOT STORMTROOPERS

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:57 pm

Baltenstein wrote:

I was talking about stuff like what China's doing or worse. Also I'd consider France banning niqaabs and Austria banning distribution of the Holy Qur'an to be (light) persecution. Either Denmark or the Netherlands (can't remember which) were thinking about take young children from Muslim families and doing what would pretty much be indoctrination into them so they wouldn't be Muslim. If this isn't persecution I don't know what is.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General