NATION

PASSWORD

The Future of Secularism

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:02 pm

Diopolis wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Iirc contraceptionis prevention from fertilization, not like abortion.

Bestiality is no where near non-procreative sex. Does the Bible speak against non-procreative sex?

Yes.

Where?
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:02 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Andsed wrote:And why exactly should we care about what the bible says?

He asked.

fair enough.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:02 pm

In the developed world, at least, we've been seeing a trend of people eschewing religion more and more. I'd also argue that many of these people aren't avowed, "in your face atheists," they just don't particularly care for religion and it's associated cultural practices. In many countries outside the developed world, I don't see secularism growing particularly rapidly in the foreseeable future.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:07 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Diopolis wrote:Yes.

Where?

The story of Onan refers to a man struck dead for refusing to procreate.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:08 pm

Diopolis wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Where?

Thats pretty fucked up. I mean holy shit god killed a dude for not having kids?
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:12 pm

Diopolis wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Where?

How does that relate to procreating? Sounds more like celibacy or not wanting to have sex at the time.
Last edited by El-Amin Caliphate on Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:13 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Diopolis wrote:The story of Onan refers to a man struck dead for refusing to procreate.

How does that relate to procreating? Sounds more like celibacy or not wanting to have sex at the time.

Well he had sex. He just took measures to ensure he wouldn't beget a son.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:15 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Diopolis wrote:The story of Onan refers to a man struck dead for refusing to procreate.

Onan was fucking his sister-in-law, but didn't finish in a manner that would lead to fertilization.

And Diopolis, you gonna respond to my earlier post?
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:16 pm

Diopolis wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:How does that relate to procreating? Sounds more like celibacy or not wanting to have sex at the time.

Oh ok.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:16 pm

Diopolis wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:How does that relate to procreating? Sounds more like celibacy or not wanting to have sex at the time.

And that justifies killing him how?
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum
Minister

Founded: Sep 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:16 pm

Up To The Last Drop Of Our Blood We Support Secularism
Sosyal Demokrat Kemalist
Zayıf Agnostik
LGBT Destekçisi
-3.13 -4.77
Türk %76,2 ☾☆
Slav %22,4
Çinli %1

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:22 pm

While there are serious problems with liberal secularism, it's preferable over returning to the time period where monasteries fielded their own private armies and would march on Kyoto whenever their demands for more land were not met. Religion is fundamentally a matter of faith, if it can't be proven, then it should not be the business of the state to make it the policy of government.
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

Trumptonium1
Senator

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trumptonium1 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:31 pm

Religion will always exist, it will just change from Gods to cults of personality. Human nature to deify in the name of hope.
Preferred pronouns: His Majesty/Your Highness

https://www.bolsonaro.com.br/
Resident Non-Pumpkin Character

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:52 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Diopolis wrote:Contraception murders babies even before their birth.

What? How is a condom stopping sperm "murdering babies"? There is so much that is wrong with your statement. First, fertilization has not taken place. Second, it isn't murder if there is no person. Third, related to the first two, there is no baby. Your entire statement is just such a clusterfuck of falsehoods that you may as well have said absolutely nothing.

Diopolis wrote:going against the natural telos of sex to create a crude pantomime of bestiality in the most intimate union of the human species.

What the actual fuck? What fucking crooked backwater path did you need to take to get from "sex with a condom" to "bestiality" of all things? :eyebrow:

There is no fundamental difference between the two. They are evil perversions of sex to obtain the pleasures of it without seeking its purpose, which is to make babies.

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:54 pm

Technoscience Leftwing wrote:* I was born and raised in an atheistic family in the USSR, where atheism was a state ideology, and through the entire education system, both at school and at universities, the following ideas were carried out:

- Religion reflects the world falsely, because instead of studying the facts, it requires blind faith in the myths and words of church authorities.
- At the same time, religious dogmatism is aggressive, scientists in the Middle Ages were forced to repeat dogmas, and artists to create according to religious canons, this hindered the development of astronomy, medicine, and art. For the imposition of dogmas practiced violence: the Inquisition, the cooperation of the church with the secular police to punish apostasy from religion.
- Religion serves rulers and exploiters against egalitarian and liberating revolutionary movements, preaches humility, and instead of improving the earthly world through technological progress and social revolution, it promises an illusory paradise in heaven, thereby undermining progress.
- Religion divides people into hostile denominations, each of which claims to be the absolute truth and considers the rest to be heretics, hence the constant religious wars and enmity.
- At the same time in the USSR freedom of conscience, you can attend the church, but this is the lot of old men from backward villages.

Until 1991, there was no alternative to this view, and many thought that such propaganda was one-sided and false. After 1991, the rulers relied more and more on religion, and as it did, it became clear to many people that Soviet anticlerical propaganda was true.

So, in the USSR, we were taught that religion has social roots: the impotence of a person against the disasters of nature and society. As long as these evils exist, there will be religion, it cannot be eradicated by prohibitions. Therefore, the future of secularism depends on whether people will be able to create an abundant, free, happy society, where there will be less need for religion. If it succeeds, secularism will win and religion will retreat. If this fails, religion will win and regress will occur in the Middle Ages.

P.S. Sorry for possible translation errors via google translate.

The Soviets forget that some of the greatest scientific minds were Christian. See: Isaac Newton, Joseph Priestley, etc.

Plus, Christians were at the forefront of crusading against evil: Ex., William Wilberforce against slavery, Martin Luther King Jr. in the civil rights movement, and many more.
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Wunderstrafanstalt
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Wunderstrafanstalt » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:59 pm

So the choice is around religious totalitarian "MAKE+RAISE 8 BABIES YA MADAFAKA" intrusive Orwellian theocracy, a world where we are free to choose, or Soviet Laïcité. I think I've already guessed which approach brings the best to the world.

CFR WUNDERSTRAFANSTALT - LAIRAN UNION
"Ad astra et ultra" - "To the stars and beyond"

14.0 | MT | F17 | $LFD | Kurzgesagt | IC Flag | Flag Patron: Bill Gates

Voiced - Artemsday, 12019-5-7: PT party pledged vote for Kalvar's Green Initiative | PETRAL donated Ł1.1 mil to PT | PT voted against Green Initiative.
Your average lowkey maritime Southeast Asian on NS | C e n t r i s t social liberal | Muslim (secretly atheist, don't tell mom) | RK for President 2024, Musk for Planetary Emperor 2100
Just refer to me as "WS" instead of that long-ass name

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:01 pm

Diopolis wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:What? How is a condom stopping sperm "murdering babies"? There is so much that is wrong with your statement. First, fertilization has not taken place. Second, it isn't murder if there is no person. Third, related to the first two, there is no baby. Your entire statement is just such a clusterfuck of falsehoods that you may as well have said absolutely nothing.

What the actual fuck? What fucking crooked backwater path did you need to take to get from "sex with a condom" to "bestiality" of all things? :eyebrow:

There is no fundamental difference between the two. They are evil perversions of sex to obtain the pleasures of it without seeking its purpose, which is to make babies.

So safe sex is now a bad thing?
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:03 pm

Diopolis wrote:going against the natural telos of sex to create a crude pantomime of bestiality in the most intimate union of the human species.
Diopolis wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:What the actual fuck? What fucking crooked backwater path did you need to take to get from "sex with a condom" to "bestiality" of all things? :eyebrow:

There is no fundamental difference between the two.

There is no fundamental difference between fucking with a condom and fucking animals? That is some seriously fucked up logic that you are using right there. It is downright disturbing and wrong. Honestly man, I'm actually concerned that you have made that strange connection.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:06 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Diopolis wrote:There is no fundamental difference between the two.

There is no fundamental difference between fucking with a condom and fucking animals? That is some seriously fucked up logic that you are using right there. It is downright disturbing and wrong. Honestly man, I'm actually concerned that you have made that strange connection.

It does astound me that some people will act like using protection during sex is bad because apparently sex is only for making babies now.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Wunderstrafanstalt
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wunderstrafanstalt » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:10 pm

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Voiced - Artemsday, 12019-5-7: PT party pledged vote for Kalvar's Green Initiative | PETRAL donated Ł1.1 mil to PT | PT voted against Green Initiative.
Your average lowkey maritime Southeast Asian on NS | C e n t r i s t social liberal | Muslim (secretly atheist, don't tell mom) | RK for President 2024, Musk for Planetary Emperor 2100

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:10 pm

Wunderstrafanstalt wrote:Exhibit A

Exhibit B

We're fucked.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Wunderstrafanstalt
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wunderstrafanstalt » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:16 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Wunderstrafanstalt wrote:Exhibit A

Exhibit B

We're fucked.

No I mean we should make Sub-saharan Africa prosper for our own good, but as a colleague from Dubai once told, if you want economic prosperity (that aren't based on natural resources) you gonna have to implement secular reforms and increase civil freedom or some sort. Including sex ed+contraceptives and all that good stuff.

Aglanen
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aglanen » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:28 pm

Diopolis wrote:There is no fundamental difference between the two. They are evil perversions of sex to obtain the pleasures of it without seeking its purpose, which is to make babies.

Look, if you want to have no sex until marriage and all that jazz, fine. Freedom of expression works both ways, you have the right to run your own life as "morally" as you wish. Just don't kid yourself into thinking that you can force your life choices onto others. Including LGBT, non-Christians, liberal Christians, women, or just anyone who's not a bible-thumping prig.
Last edited by Aglanen on Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My nation does mostly reflect my personal views.
PRO: Marxism-Leninism, Revolutionary politics, Secularism, Dialectical materialism, social libertarianism, feminism (most of it), LGBT rights, Absurdism, Science, Constructivism, Industrialism
NEUTRAL: Egoism, Nihilism, Environmentalism, "Spiritual" non-conformist religions/sects, Anarchism, Left Communism, Third Worldism, Non-Binaries, Left-Wing nationalism
ANTI: Racism, Sexism, (other equally moronic prejudices)-ism, Fascism, Imperialism, Capitalism, "Dark Enlightenment," Organized Religion, Liberalism, Social Democracy, Conservatism, Objective Morality

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:38 pm

Wunderstrafanstalt wrote:So the choice is around religious totalitarian "MAKE+RAISE 8 BABIES YA MADAFAKA" intrusive Orwellian theocracy, a world where we are free to choose, or Soviet Laïcité. I think I've already guessed which approach brings the best to the world.

I think it should be “A world where we are free to choose but stupidity and politicsl correctedness isn’t glorified”
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Aglanen
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aglanen » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:45 pm

Korhal IVV wrote:The Soviets forget that some of the greatest scientific minds were Christian. See: Isaac Newton, Joseph Priestley, etc.

Plus, Christians were at the forefront of crusading against evil: Ex., William Wilberforce against slavery, Martin Luther King Jr. in the civil rights movement, and many more.

Newton also believed that any hypothesis which can't be tested with the scientific method has no place in debate. So whether this makes Newton a hypocrite or just not actually as pious as some would like to believe, Newtonian Thought would still lay down the flaming laser sword on any theistic argument.
Last edited by Aglanen on Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My nation does mostly reflect my personal views.
PRO: Marxism-Leninism, Revolutionary politics, Secularism, Dialectical materialism, social libertarianism, feminism (most of it), LGBT rights, Absurdism, Science, Constructivism, Industrialism
NEUTRAL: Egoism, Nihilism, Environmentalism, "Spiritual" non-conformist religions/sects, Anarchism, Left Communism, Third Worldism, Non-Binaries, Left-Wing nationalism
ANTI: Racism, Sexism, (other equally moronic prejudices)-ism, Fascism, Imperialism, Capitalism, "Dark Enlightenment," Organized Religion, Liberalism, Social Democracy, Conservatism, Objective Morality

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General