NATION

PASSWORD

The Future of Secularism

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Free Arabian Nation
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Arabian Nation » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:08 am

Eglaecia wrote:
Free Arabian Nation wrote:... And then proceed to worship the god who (sometimes) encourages both.

Everything that God does is right.

OK sure, so being jealous is perfectly OK?
العرب الأحرار
I don't use NS Stats, for they are against the will of Liberty and God.

News
Open to TGs

Eglaecia
Diplomat

Founded: May 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eglaecia » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:08 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Eglaecia wrote:Yes fucked over because... you're not allowed to defile the sanctity of marriage or kill babies.

Oh here we go. Fetuses aren't babies. And me being allowed to marry a man doesn't defile the sanctity of marriage whatsoever. Even if it did defile your interpretation of what marriage is I really don't fucking care.

Okay, I don't fucking care that you'd be "fucked over" by the Church interfering in politics. LGBT culture and infanticide have led us down a path of low birth rates and created a crisis in western civilisation. We shouldn't tolerate either of them, and when people come back to the faith, we'll make that clear at the ballot.
Catholique, Intégraliste, Distributiste | Catechism of Pope St. Pius X | Rerum Novarum | On Integralism
"The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church."
Great British Unionist and Celtic Cultural Revivalist
"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be."

Eglaecia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Eglaecia » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:09 am

Free Arabian Nation wrote:
Eglaecia wrote:Everything that God does is right.

OK sure, so being jealous is perfectly OK?

Everything that God does is right. That doesn't mean what we do is right. If God does something he told us not to, but we do it anyway, we're wrong.
I don't know why you brought up jealousy anyway, what does God, an omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient being, have to be jealous of?
Catholique, Intégraliste, Distributiste | Catechism of Pope St. Pius X | Rerum Novarum | On Integralism

Free Arabian Nation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Arabian Nation » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:12 am

Eglaecia wrote:
Free Arabian Nation wrote:OK sure, so being jealous is perfectly OK?

Everything that God does is right. That doesn't mean what we do is right. If God does something he told us not to, but we do it anyway, we're wrong.
I don't know why you brought up jealousy anyway, what does God, an omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient being, have to be jealous of?

Other gods apparently
Last edited by Free Arabian Nation on Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
العرب الأحرار

News
Open to TGs

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:14 am

Eglaecia wrote:LGBT culture and infanticide have led us down a path of low birth rates and created a crisis in western civilisation. We shouldn't tolerate either of them, and when people come back to the faith, we'll make that clear at the ballot.

I dread to think what your solution would be regarding LGBT people.

And abortion isn't infanticide.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Eglaecia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Eglaecia » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:15 am

Eglaecia wrote:Everything that God does is right. That doesn't mean what we do is right. If God does something he told us not to, but we do it anyway, we're wrong.

Other gods apparently

Well given the context there's nothing wrong with it. I don't think it means what you think. It's simply saying that God doesn't like it when you betray him.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:15 am

Okay, I don't fucking care that you'd be "fucked over" by the Church interfering in politics

So you don´t care that millions of innocents would have their rights taken away?

LGBT culture and infanticide have led us down a path of low birth rates and created a crisis in western civilization.

Source? Because this looks like fearmongering.

We shouldn't tolerate either of them

If we value freedom and tolerance we should.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Eglaecia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Eglaecia » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:18 am

Eglaecia wrote:LGBT culture and infanticide have led us down a path of low birth rates and created a crisis in western civilisation. We shouldn't tolerate either of them, and when people come back to the faith, we'll make that clear at the ballot.

I dread to think what your solution would be regarding LGBT people.

And abortion isn't infanticide.

My solution??? I don't want to solve any issue with them, I just want to stop the state from forcing religious institutions to provide for same-sex couples, and change the sex-ed curriculum to inform children the harmful implications of same-sex sex.

Free Arabian Nation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Arabian Nation » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:19 am

Eglaecia wrote:
Free Arabian Nation wrote:Other gods apparently

Well given the context there's nothing wrong with it. I don't think it means what you think. It's simply saying that God doesn't like it when you betray him.

In what kind of Context does "Don't worship other gods, for I am a jealous god" mean "I don't want you to leave me for gods that do not exist because that's traitorus"?

I can get the two being reasons, but them meaning the same thing is just silly.
Last edited by Free Arabian Nation on Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
العرب الأحرار

News
Open to TGs

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:22 am

Eglaecia wrote:I just want to stop the state from forcing religious institutions to provide for same-sex couples

They don't though. Religious institutions can refuse to marry people of the same sex.

Eglaecia wrote:and change the sex-ed curriculum to inform children the harmful implications of same-sex sex.

Or we could just teach kids about the potential harms of sex across the board, and how to be careful.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Eglaecia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Eglaecia » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:23 am

Andsed wrote:
Okay, I don't fucking care that you'd be "fucked over" by the Church interfering in politics

So you don´t care that millions of innocents would have their rights taken away?

I don't care about "human rights" considering they're all made up as time goes on to justify hedonism.

Andsed wrote:
LGBT culture and infanticide have led us down a path of low birth rates and created a crisis in western civilization.

Source? Because this looks like fearmongering.

Two men have sex = 0% chance of conception
Two women have sex = 0% chance of conception
Abortion & Contraception = Less kids being born

Andsed wrote:
We shouldn't tolerate either of them

If we value freedom and tolerance we should.

Religious tolerance is a synonym for state atheism.

Eglaecia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Eglaecia » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:24 am

Eglaecia wrote:I just want to stop the state from forcing religious institutions to provide for same-sex couples

They don't though. Religious institutions can refuse to marry people of the same sex.

Perfect.

Eglaecia wrote:and change the sex-ed curriculum to inform children the harmful implications of same-sex sex.

Or we could just teach kids about the potential harms of sex across the board, and how to be careful.[/quote]
Safe sex = abstinence until marriage, and then only having intercourse for the purpose of reproduction.
Unsafe sex = anything else.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:25 am

I don't care about "human rights" considering they're all made up as time goes on to justify hedonism.

Well the idea of no human rights bring some very concerning implications.

Two men have sex = 0% chance of conception
Abortion & Contraception = Less kids being born

Give me a source that says abortion and homosexuality is significantly decreasing the word population. Also ever hear of vito fertilization?

Religious tolerance is a synonym for state atheism

No it´s letting people believe what they want because they are not hurting anyone.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:27 am

Eglaecia wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:They don't though. Religious institutions can refuse to marry people of the same sex.

Perfect.

Or we could just teach kids about the potential harms of sex across the board, and how to be careful.

Safe sex = abstinence until marriage, and then only having intercourse for the purpose of reproduction.
Unsafe sex = anything else.[/quote]
Soooo basically we can´t have sex for anything else other than reproduction? Thank god we don´t I live in that world.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:27 am

Eglaecia wrote:Two men have sex = 0% chance of conception

So? Gay men and women won't magically turn straight by banning gay sex and other such nonsense.

Eglaecia wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Or we could just teach kids about the potential harms of sex across the board, and how to be careful.

Wow, that is a seriously distorted view of safe and unsafe sex. It is honestly one of the worst that I have seen in NSGeneral, and that is really saying something.

Wave on, wave on

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:30 am

Andsed wrote:Soooo basically we can´t have sex for anything else other than reproduction? Thank god we don´t I live in that world.

(I think that world doesn't exist. But don't tell hardline conservatives.)

As for the OP, I think secularism will become more widespread over time. Most people who are religious don't adhere to all the hardline aspects of their religion (which can only be a good thing), most religious people are more secularised (pro-choice, pro-LGBT denominations of all faiths are becoming common).

I think secularism's future's looking strong. Ireland, one of the formerly most Catholic countries legalised same-sex marriage, and voted to legalise abortion by overwhelming majority. Most Muslims -- in the multicultural area where I live -- that I come across are fairly secular.

I think secularisation is safe. While I have beliefs, I think that's a good thing. I think beliefs should be a private thing, not something you force on other people. "Freedom to believe and freedom from belief " are both equally important; religion should have no say over state matters.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Eglaecia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Eglaecia » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:32 am

Eglaecia wrote:Two men have sex = 0% chance of conception

So? Gay men and women won't magically turn straight by banning gay sex and other such nonsense.

There's no such thing as a gay man or a gay woman, there are simply people who choose to engage in homosexual acts, and those who don't. Men who are attracted to men can still reproduce if they have intercourse with a female.

Eglaecia wrote:Safe sex = abstinence until marriage, and then only having intercourse for the purpose of reproduction.

Wow, that is a seriously distorted view of safe and unsafe sex. It is honestly one of the worst that I have seen in NSGeneral, and that is really saying something.

It's not distorted at all, it's just natural. Anal sex is totally unnatural and unhealthy, while sexual intercourse, if performed between two clean people, is perfectly safe and natural.

Andsed wrote:Soooo basically we can´t have sex for anything else other than reproduction? Thank god we don´t I live in that world.

Well you can, but you shouldn't.
Also stop messing around with the quote tags man...

Eglaecia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Eglaecia » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:35 am

Andsed wrote:Well the idea of no human rights bring some very concerning implications.

There wouldn't not be an equivalent, you just wouldn't have all the bullshit "rights" that there are today. For example, marriage isn't an actual right, you don't need marriage to live and prosper. Marriage is a privilege that religious people should be allowed to experience.

Andsed wrote:Give me a source that says abortion and homosexuality is significantly decreasing the word population.

Why would I need one? It's common sense.

Andsed wrote:Also ever hear of vito fertilization?

Ever hear of not relying on technology to make your unnatural behaviours a possibility?

Andsed wrote:No it´s letting people believe what they want because they are not hurting anyone.

They're hurting the moral fabric of society by being wrong.

Free Arabian Nation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Arabian Nation » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:40 am

Eglaecia wrote:
Andsed wrote:Give me a source that says abortion and homosexuality is significantly decreasing the word population.

The few nations that are having a massive decline in Birthrates/Population Growth are actually nations like Japan, Russia, Bulgaria, and Romania. Japan and Russia are heavily anti-LGBT for the record. So, no, it is not common sense

Also, the nation with the lowest birthrate not counting immigration is the Ukraine
العرب الأحرار

News
Open to TGs

Free Arabian Nation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Arabian Nation » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:41 am

Eglaecia wrote:They're hurting the moral fabric of society by being wrong.

Yeah, the Catholics are wrong. All praise Allah (SWT)
العرب الأحرار

News
Open to TGs

Eglaecia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Eglaecia » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:41 am

Free Arabian Nation wrote:The few nations that are having a massive decline in Birthrates/Population Growth are actually nations like Japan, Russia, Bulgaria, and Romania. Japan and Russia are heavily anti-LGBT for the record. So, no, it is not common sense

All have high abortion rates.

Free Arabian Nation wrote:Also, the nation with the lowest birthrate not counting immigration is the Ukraine

Ukraine has a very liberal abortion law.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:41 am

Eglaecia wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:So? Gay men and women won't magically turn straight by banning gay sex and other such nonsense.

There's no such thing as a gay man or a gay woman, there are simply people who choose to engage in homosexual acts, and those who don't. Men who are attracted to men can still reproduce if they have intercourse with a female.

Oh fucking hell, that is golden! :rofl:

And being homosexual is not a choice.

Eglaecia wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Wow, that is a seriously distorted view of safe and unsafe sex. It is honestly one of the worst that I have seen in NSGeneral, and that is really saying something.

It's not distorted at all, it's just natural. Anal sex is totally unnatural and unhealthy, while sexual intercourse, if performed between two clean people, is perfectly safe and natural.

Have some consistency for fuck's sake. First you said that "Safe sex = abstinence until marriage, and then only having intercourse for the purpose of reproduction", now you are saying that "sexual intercourse, if performed between two clean people, is perfectly safe and natural" ??? Jeez Louise...

And that link doesn't support what you are saying. Try again.

So if gay people engage in intercrural sex then you don't have a problem?

Wave on, wave on

Free Arabian Nation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Arabian Nation » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:43 am

Eglaecia wrote:
Free Arabian Nation wrote:The few nations that are having a massive decline in Birthrates/Population Growth are actually nations like Japan, Russia, Bulgaria, and Romania. Japan and Russia are heavily anti-LGBT for the record. So, no, it is not common sense

All have high abortion rates.

Free Arabian Nation wrote:Also, the nation with the lowest birthrate not counting immigration is the Ukraine

Ukraine has a very liberal abortion law.

So it's not LGBT but abortion (Which I have a moral problem with anyway)?

So much for "Common sense"
العرب الأحرار

News
Open to TGs

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:43 am

There wouldn't not be an equivalent, you just wouldn't have all the bullshit "rights" that there are today. For example, marriage isn't an actual right, you don't need marriage to live and prosper. Marriage is a privilege that religious people should be allowed to experience.

Why only religious people>?What makes you so special?

It is really not. You need a good source that shows they are currently causing a significant decrease in the human population.

Ever hear of not relying on technology to make your unnatural behaviours a possibility?

Ever heard of butting out of peoples personal lives because it is harming no one?

They're hurting the moral fabric of society by being wrong.

First off religion is like an opinion. There are many different ones people have so saying they are wrong is pretty pretentious. And second how are they hurting the moral fabric of society?
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:44 am

Eglaecia wrote:

The few nations that are having a massive decline in Birthrates/Population Growth are actually nations like Japan, Russia, Bulgaria, and Romania. Japan and Russia are heavily anti-LGBT for the record. So, no, it is not common sense

Also, the nation with the lowest birthrate not counting immigration is the Ukraine

I'm not sure LGBT relationships have much to do with the future of secularism. Just sayin'...

A secular society doesn't mean an irreligious society. Apparently, Sweden is very secular -- with the Church separate from the State -- yet 64% of Swedish people are members of the Church of Sweden.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General