NATION

PASSWORD

Good Idea, Bad Idea

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Wilgrove
Post Czar

Founded: May 08, 2006
Ex-Nation

Good Idea, Bad Idea

Postby Wilgrove » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:31 pm

Good Idea: Having a Cruise with a Pirate Theme.

Bad Idea: Having a Pirate Cruise.

Luxury yachts offer pirate hunting cruises

Luxury ocean liners in Russia are offering pirate hunting cruises aboard armed private yachts off the Somali coast.

Wealthy punters pay £3,500 per day to patrol the most dangerous waters in the world hoping to be attacked by raiders.

When attacked, they retaliate with grenade launchers, machine guns and rocket launchers, reports Austrian business paper Wirtschaftsblatt.

Passengers, who can pay an extra £5 a day for an AK-47 machine gun and £7 for 100 rounds of ammo, are also protected by a squad of ex special forces troops.

The yachts travel from Djibouti in Somalia to Mombasa in Kenya.

The ships deliberately cruise close to the coast at a speed of just five nautical miles in an attempt to attract the interest of pirates.

"They are worse than the pirates," said Russian yachtsman Vladimir Mironov. "At least the pirates have the decency to take hostages, these people are just paying to commit murder," he continued.

Link

This is as good of an idea as marrying OJ Simpson.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Re: Good Idea, Bad Idea

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:32 pm

Wow. What morons.
"They are worse than the pirates," said Russian yachtsman Vladimir Mironov. "At least the pirates have the decency to take hostages, these people are just paying to commit murder," he continued.
Last edited by Conserative Morality on Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:32 pm

Wilgrove wrote:Good Idea: Having a Cruise with a Pirate Theme.

Luxury ocean liners in Russia are offering pirate hunting cruises aboard armed private yachts off the Somali coast.

Wealthy punters pay £3,500 per day to patrol the most dangerous waters in the world hoping to be attacked by raiders.

When attacked, they retaliate with grenade launchers, machine guns and rocket launchers, reports Austrian business paper Wirtschaftsblatt.

Passengers, who can pay an extra £5 a day for an AK-47 machine gun and £7 for 100 rounds of ammo, are also protected by a squad of ex special forces troops.

The ships deliberately cruise close to the coast at a speed of just five nautical miles in an attempt to attract the interest of pirates.

Link

Sounds like fun to me...
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:33 pm

Dyakovo wrote:Sounds like fun to me...

It's going to end horribly.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Osgarna
Envoy

Founded: Apr 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Osgarna » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:33 pm

Wilgrove wrote:Good Idea: Having a Cruise with a Pirate Theme.

Link

wat

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:33 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:

Just because it's a bad idea doesn't mean it couldn't be fun.
Married to Koshka
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:34 pm

Oh yea, it's going to fail on a massive scale. It's going to fail so hard, 4Chan and Anon will be thinking; "Why the fuck didn't we think of this?"

The Imperial Navy
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Navy » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:34 pm

Sounds like poetic justice to me. The hunters become the hunted.

Reprocycle
Attaché

Founded: Mar 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Reprocycle » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:36 pm

Wilgrove wrote:

Oh yea, it's going to fail on a massive scale. It's going to fail so hard, 4Chan and Anon will be thinking; "Why the fuck didn't we think of this?"

The aim I would assume is to give these people some sort of thrill by being in a fight for their lives so I hardly see how it could fail. Unless they don't get attacked or the pirates just invite them over for tea and scones

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:36 pm

The Imperial Navy wrote:Sounds like poetic justice to me. The hunters become the hunted.

Umm, these are people who are not trained to handle an AK-47, grenade launchers or rocket launchers.

How well do you think this is going to turn out?

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:38 pm

You know, this is a horribly bad idea that will just end in disaster.

That being said, I wanna go.....
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Reprocycle
Attaché

Founded: Mar 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Reprocycle » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:38 pm

Wilgrove wrote:
The Imperial Navy wrote:Sounds like poetic justice to me. The hunters become the hunted.

Umm, these are people who are not trained to handle an AK-47, grenade launchers or rocket launchers.

They're not? Where does it say that?

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:38 pm

Wilgrove wrote:

That's why I'm taking up a collection to go on one of these cruises...

So who's willing to pony up some cash?
Married to Koshka

Osgarna
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Osgarna » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:39 pm

Wilgrove wrote:

Pirates are also not trained to use any kind of weapon, and the cruisers have ex-special forces guys protecting them.

The Imperial Navy
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Navy » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:42 pm

Wilgrove wrote:

"Passengers, who can pay an extra £5 a day for an AK-47 machine gun and £7 for 100 rounds of ammo, are also protected by a squad of ex special forces troops."

I think they'll be just fine :)

Yootopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Yootopia » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:47 pm

Hunting the deadliest game, eh? Not really my cup of tea.
End the Modigarchy now.

Osgarna
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Osgarna » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:51 pm

The Imperial Navy wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:

"Passengers, who can pay an extra £5 a day for an AK-47 machine gun and £7 for 100 rounds of ammo, are also protected by a squad of ex special forces troops."

Exactly. It's just rich assholes who want to kill people, as the article says.

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:51 pm

The Imperial Navy wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:

This is as good of an idea as having a week long camping trip in the Afghan mountains that borders Pakistan.

Osgarna
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Osgarna » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:53 pm

Wilgrove wrote:This is as good of an idea as having a week long camping trip in the Afghan mountains that borders Pakistan.

Nah, those jihadists know how to use a gun. Somali pirates don't.

United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Dependencies » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:56 pm

What if the people are lousy shots or have never handled guns before. This will most definitly end badly.
Alien Space Bats wrote:2012: The Year We Lost Contact (with Reality).

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

This is Nationstates we're here to help

Are you a native or resident of North Carolina?

Lizardiar
Minister

Founded: May 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lizardiar » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:57 pm

Just £5 for an AK? I would go just to buy that.
In all corners of the globe, the free people's slogan is this:
Speak to Fascists in the language of fire! With words of bullets! With sharp wit of bayonets!

Economic Left/Right: 4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.41

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:00 pm

Lizardiar wrote:Just £5 for an AK? I would go just to buy that.

I suspect it's less of 'buying' and more 'a rental'.
I identify as
a problem

Yootopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Yootopia » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:00 pm

Lizardiar wrote:Just £5 for an AK? I would go just to buy that.

You could probably buy one in Mogadishu for the same price and get to keep it. Getting it through customs, mind...
End the Modigarchy now.

UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:01 pm

Trying to purposely get attacked just so they have an excuse to kill people? Isn't that a sign of some underlying mental instability? These people shouldn't be indulged, they should be given help.
A little homework for you!

What part of L(f(t)) = Int(exp(-s*t)*f(t),t,0,inf) don't you understand?

Osgarna
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Osgarna » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:02 pm

United Dependencies wrote:What if the people are lousy shots or have never handled guns before. This will most definitely end badly.

Yeah, but they have bloody ex-special forces guys with them. But why are the morons who sign up for this worth more than the pirates? Frankly, they're only pirates because the west has destroyed their fishing grounds. Normally, they don't kill people. Why do they deserve death? Wouldn't it be ending badly if they died too?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General