NATION

PASSWORD

How do I clarify my people are goblins

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Dimokarthis
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

How do I clarify my people are goblins

Postby Dimokarthis » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:02 am

My nation state is supposed to be composed of goblins. Goblins with jobs. Joblins. How do I clarify they are goblins on my nation page??? Thank you! :clap:

Kyoki Chudoku
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 28, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Kyoki Chudoku » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:04 am

The main options I can think of are changing the demonym to goblin, or creating a factbook explaining it.
This nation exists for fun and insanity, not to represent my actual views which are much more mundane and boring.
Also, I don't use NS stats. So please ignore them.
Current Status (yes, I'm bad at keeping this updated): Immaterial

TG me for a free cookie. May contain traces of hydrogen cyanide.

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:05 am

Dimokarthis wrote:My nation state is supposed to be composed of goblins. Goblins with jobs. Joblins. How do I clarify they are goblins on my nation page??? Thank you! :clap:

You will unlock the demonym function later on in your nation. For now you have to stick with the regular demonym.
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Homepage (leads to other info dispatches)
Accursed, incomplete, self-made map collection of my universe
NS Stats invalid
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views
Finally got around to dealing with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be updated every once in a while. | *inhales copium* In Civ 7, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ? | STREAM SEVENTEEN'S FML, OUT NOW

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:16 am

Dimokarthis wrote:My nation state is supposed to be composed of goblins. Goblins with jobs. Joblins. How do I clarify they are goblins on my nation page??? Thank you! :clap:

have you read r.a.lafferty's "reefs of earth"?

"the were a peculiar lot. they passed as humans, but anyone who knew them well, could spot the flickering of the ears, the green gleam in their eyes."

mmmm, then again, i don't know if that's what you had in mind.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:24 am

You can change your demonym by going straight to Settings. There you can specify the noun, the adjective and the plural.

EDIT: When picking customisable fields you should ensure that any demonym you choose is not considered a pejorative term or anything else that's rulebreaking (that's completely unofficial, fellow player advice). The rules are here.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Dimokarthis
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Dimokarthis » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:30 am

This is a goblin i drew a few hours ago. This kind of goblin. I really like goblins.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:25 am

Also, you could mention the fact in your forum sig.

User Control Panel (link just above the thread's title) => Profile => Edit Signature
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Pathetic Card Farmer
Civilian

Ex-Nation

Postby Pathetic Card Farmer » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:52 am

Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:

You will unlock the demonym function later on in your nation. For now you have to stick with the regular demonym.

Wrong. You can edit denonyms as soon as you;re founded

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay