NATION

PASSWORD

No evidence of racism found in Covington Catholic incident

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Does the MAGA hat kid deserve to be compensated for the smear campaigns?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes : 202

Funeral
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 01, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Funeral » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:49 am

Nothing to add about the kids or the video...

...But those Black Hebrew Israelites are a damn menace. We've got them here in my city, and they're just the worst of the worst. They preach hateful gibberish and incoherent rantings with a bullhorn atop a milk-crate, and their signs are extremely vulgar and insane.

They look like a protest from inside a loony bin...

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:49 am

Yusseria wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
Do you?

Yes. The kids were innocent and victims of lies and false reporting. Oh, and you're full of shit.

That's my point.

So basically you're adhomineming me for the sake of it.

This is a gem, though (emphasis mine):"We found no evidence of offensive or racist statements by students to Mr. Phillips or members of his group," the report said. "Some students performed a 'tomahawk chop' to the beat of Mr. Phillips' drumming and some joined in Mr. Phillips' chant."

Because there's nothing offensive or racist about performing an action that Native groups have spent years trying to get teams to stop doing, and nothing mocking about joining a chant you don't understand.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Yusseria
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Yusseria » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:53 am

Vassenor wrote:
Yusseria wrote:Yes. The kids were innocent and victims of lies and false reporting. Oh, and you're full of shit.

That's my point.

I'm pointing out your utter lack of a point and cowardice in debating.

This is a gem, though (emphasis mine):"We found no evidence of offensive or racist statements by students to Mr. Phillips or members of his group," the report said. "Some students performed a 'tomahawk chop' to the beat of Mr. Phillips' drumming and some joined in Mr. Phillips' chant."

Because there's nothing offensive or racist about performing an action that Native groups have spent years trying to get teams to stop doing, and nothing mocking about joining a chant you don't understand.

I suppose you also think people shouldn't sing songs they don't know the lyrics to. :roll:
Yusseria - The Prussia of NationStates
There is nothing wrong with Islamaphobia

Sapientia Et Bellum
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sapientia Et Bellum » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:53 am

Gonna try to get this merged, don't see the point in a new thread for this
Il Duce Gianfranco Fini
"We are fascists, the heirs of fascism, the fascism of the year 2000" - Il Duce Gianfranco Fini

Economics Major (My ideals swing wildly between the parties occasionally due to my current education), Pro Interventionism, Pro NATO, Anti UN, Capitalist, Anti Russia, Anti China (Tariffs are still dumb though), and pro libertarian equality
In The Long Run, We Are All Dead

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:54 am

Calling people cowards in an online forum unironically, while hilarious (not for reasons you might think), isn't particularly productive regardless of what Vass is saying
Last edited by Valrifell on Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:54 am

Yusseria wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

I suppose you also think people shouldn't sing songs they don't know the lyrics to. :roll:

I think that white people shouldn't dictate what is and isn't racist to ethnic minority groups.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

The Grims
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grims » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:54 am

Yusseria wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

And you see nothing offensive in people giving a Hitler salute in front of a Jew ;)?

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:54 am

Vassenor wrote:
Do you?

Your judo is so strong, but let's simplify this.

What did the kids do wrong?
Were the kids treated fairly by the media?
Were the kids treated fairly by the folks on social media?

Valrifell wrote:
Then he should be charged with whatever we want to throw, I suppose.

Though you'd have to prove that no reasonable person would actually come to his conclusion.

Phillips made several statements that misrepresented what he did and what the boys did. He knew or should have known that nobody was chanting build the wall. He knew or should have known that the boys did not swarm him while he was leaving the rally. He called for teachers to be fired based on them allowing things that he knew or should have known did not happen. Phillips. Fucked. Up.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

Yusseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Yusseria » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:55 am

Vassenor wrote:
Yusseria wrote:I'm pointing out your utter lack of a point and cowardice in debating.

I think that white people shouldn't dictate what is and isn't racist to ethnic minority groups.

Then why are you attempting to?

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:55 am

The Grims wrote:And you see nothing offensive in people giving a Hitler salute in front of a Jew ;)?

Wow that's not even sort of the same.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:56 am

Yusseria wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Then why are you attempting to?

Pointing out that an ethnic group has called a given action racist in the past is dictating what they can and cannot consider racist?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Yusseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Yusseria » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:56 am

The Grims wrote:
Yusseria wrote:I'm pointing out your utter lack of a point and cowardice in debating.

And you see nothing offensive in people giving a Hitler salute in front of a Jew ;)?

Wow, that's so irrelevant it might as well be in a different thread.

Yusseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Yusseria » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:56 am

Vassenor wrote:
Yusseria wrote:Then why are you attempting to?

Pointing out that an ethnic group has called a given action racist in the past is dictating what they can and cannot consider racist?

Provide me a source from a Native group saying that white people singing along with a chant is racist.

I'll wait.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:58 am

Vassenor wrote:

You're debating the racism of an incident where a group of white kids did a sports celebration in response to being racially insulted by two different groups of adult men.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:00 pm

No fucking shit there's no evidence! There as evidence to the contrary from the very start in fact, black israelites who are a very anti-semitic and racist group that advocates for white genocide were shouting racial and homophobic epithets at the kids and somehow the media decides that the MAGA kids were the racists, and people wonder why I have a problem with leftist news outlets and their ''professional journalists'', yeah real fucking top notch alright.. There is no excuse for this amount of bullshittery, you come up across a source you fact check it. Stupid never sleeps!
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:00 pm

Yusseria wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Provide me a source from a Native group saying that white people singing along with a chant is racist.

I'll wait.

So basically you're randomly changing what part of the post you're calling out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomahawk_chop#Controversy_2

https://newsmaven.io/indiancountrytoday/archive/war-chant-and-tomahawk-chop-from-seminoles-to-republicans-_oadtktnwEOw7ctWpIoxOQ/
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Yusseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Yusseria » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:03 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Yusseria wrote:Provide me a source from a Native group saying that white people singing along with a chant is racist.

I'll wait.

So basically you're randomly changing what part of the post you're calling out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomahawk_chop#Controversy_2

https://newsmaven.io/indiancountrytoday/archive/war-chant-and-tomahawk-chop-from-seminoles-to-republicans-_oadtktnwEOw7ctWpIoxOQ/

You highlighted two different parts of the post. If you didn't want me to respond to that one then why highlight it and then state "emphasis mine"?

Your sources say it has led to some controversy. None of them say it's been denounced by Native groups.

Next.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:03 pm

So we're clear this is your case: The boys did the tomahawk cop and sang along with Phillips gibberish song? That is the racism you're talking about?

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:03 pm

Yusseria wrote:
Vassenor wrote:So a law firm hired by the school said the school is not at fault.

Totally no conflicts of interest here.

An independent law firm that has no connections to the school.

You have evidence the students were in the wrong? Present it or admit you're full of shit.

He does this every damn time, somehow someway despite lack of evidence for racism or any controversy, the big bad trumpards are up to something shady. At this point I'd just ignore him.
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:03 pm

Yusseria wrote:

You highlighted two different parts of the post. If you didn't want me to respond to that one then why highlight it and then state "emphasis mine"?

Your sources say it has led to some controversy. None of them say it's been denounced by Native groups.

Next.

You asked for examples of Natives calling it racist. I provided examples of both acts being called racist. Now put those goalposts back.

And I am still waiting for your explanation of what authority this law firm has to conclusively declare these acts not racist.
Last edited by Vassenor on Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Yusseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Yusseria » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:05 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Yusseria wrote:You highlighted two different parts of the post. If you didn't want me to respond to that one then why highlight it and then state "emphasis mine"?

Next.

You asked for examples of Natives calling it racist. I provided examples of both acts being called racist. Now put those goalposts back.

I said Native groups. Reading comprehension is important.

And I am still waiting for your explanation of what authority this law firm has to conclusively declare these acts not racist.

The authority of being a licensed law firm with no connections to the school that was hired by them to investigate if the students did anything racist.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:07 pm

Yusseria wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

I said Native groups. Reading comprehension is important.

The authority of being a licensed law firm with no connections to the school that was hired by them to investigate if the students did anything racist.

That doesn't explain what authority they have to actually make that call. So we're back to white people dictating what ethnic groups can and cannot find racist.

And still running away with those goalposts, I see.
Last edited by Vassenor on Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Yusseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Yusseria » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:08 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Yusseria wrote:I said Native groups. Reading comprehension is important.

That doesn't explain what authority they have to actually make that call. So we're back to white people dictating what ethnic groups can and cannot find racist.

You have evidence this firm was made up of exclusively white people?

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:08 pm

Yusseria wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

You have evidence this firm was made up of exclusively white people?

Is that seriously how you attack that point? Because even if they aren't, they still don't have the right to dictate what can and cannot be considered racist.
Last edited by Vassenor on Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:09 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Yusseria wrote:I said Native groups. Reading comprehension is important.

You lot seem to have no problem claiming what is and isn't racist, now you're butthurt that people are taking a stand and saying no and defending themselves from such slander for a change?
Last edited by Chernoslavia on Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General