NATION

PASSWORD

The End of the Opportunity Rover

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:40 pm

Woodfiredpizzas wrote:Vote 1 first city on mars being called Opportunity

Here's a radical idea: if there's a first city on Mars, there was a first person on Mars. I'm gonna say people of the time are far more likely to name their city after a person -- and possibly that first person on Mars -- than after a long-forgotten robot.

Assuming, of course, the city doesn't end up with a more typical name, like Syrtis Major Landing, Platinumville, or Guess We're Stuck Here Now. :P
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Woodfiredpizzas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Woodfiredpizzas » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:52 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:
Woodfiredpizzas wrote:Vote 1 first city on mars being called Opportunity

Here's a radical idea: if there's a first city on Mars, there was a first person on Mars. I'm gonna say people of the time are far more likely to name their city after a person -- and possibly that first person on Mars -- than after a long-forgotten robot.

Assuming, of course, the city doesn't end up with a more typical name, like Syrtis Major Landing, Platinumville, or Guess We're Stuck Here Now. :P

Naa we should name moon cities after people.
Mars after our machines.

All cities on Venus must be named city mccityface.
Reheated donuts

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:33 am

Woodfiredpizzas wrote:
Northwest Slobovia wrote:Here's a radical idea: if there's a first city on Mars, there was a first person on Mars. I'm gonna say people of the time are far more likely to name their city after a person -- and possibly that first person on Mars -- than after a long-forgotten robot.

Mars after our machines.

Meh, really. Each nation can decide what to name their cities.
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Homepage (leads to other info dispatches)
Accursed, incomplete, self-made map collection of my universe
NS Stats invalid
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views
Finally got around to dealing with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be updated every once in a while. | *inhales copium* In Civ 7, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ? | STREAM SEVENTEEN'S FML, OUT NOW

Gordfield
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Gordfield » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:20 am

Woodfiredpizzas wrote:
Northwest Slobovia wrote:Here's a radical idea: if there's a first city on Mars, there was a first person on Mars. I'm gonna say people of the time are far more likely to name their city after a person -- and possibly that first person on Mars -- than after a long-forgotten robot.

Mars after our machines.

Facts
DONT FORGET TO PRAISE LASAGA

Previous

Return to General