NATION

PASSWORD

What separates your god from mine?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

CrvenaParsa
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby CrvenaParsa » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:31 pm

Because he is bigger than your god:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRwXrcz-F9M

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:35 pm

CrvenaParsa wrote:Because he is bigger than your god:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRwXrcz-F9M

I don't know man. Mine is pretty big.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:00 pm

Indo-Malaysia wrote:I have devised my own theory.

I believe there is a higher power manipulating events to their desire, and that all monotheistic gods are merely interpretations of the same high being. Polytheistic gods also interpret the same higher power, but interpret as multiple beings and this divide it into different personalities.

I haven’t thought of a name for my church yet. I’m open for suggestions.

Firstly, lol.

And secondly, that's already been thought of.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:01 pm

Big Jim P wrote:
What separates my god from all the others is that I get to see and physically interact with him daily.

Isn't that technically according to your philosophy, you?
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:03 pm

Free Arabian Nation wrote:
Washington Resistance Army wrote:Speak for yourself, I never felt shit when I was a Christian and it always seemed fake to me. I can't say the same since I became one of them filthy pagans.

You know, if you really stretch it, the Abrahamic god may be loosely based off the Caananite/Mesopotamian pantheon

Hell, I remember reading one day on Wikipedia that "Yahweh" literally translates to War God, which implies other gods.

Do not quote me on this though.

Well, even Biblically speaking the Hebrews often worshipped other gods. That was an ongoing struggle in the Old Testament stories, like with Gideon.

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:48 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Big Jim P wrote:
What separates my god from all the others is that I get to see and physically interact with him daily.

Isn't that technically according to your philosophy, you?

Yes indeed.
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.
I edit my posts to fix typos.

Sapientia Et Bellum
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sapientia Et Bellum » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:50 pm

Nothing because they don't exist
Il Duce Gianfranco Fini
"We are fascists, the heirs of fascism, the fascism of the year 2000" - Il Duce Gianfranco Fini

Economics Major (My ideals swing wildly between the parties occasionally due to my current education), Pro Interventionism, Pro NATO, Anti UN, Capitalist, Anti Russia, Anti China (Tariffs are still dumb though), and pro libertarian equality
In The Long Run, We Are All Dead

The Feylands
Envoy

Founded: Jul 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Feylands » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:59 pm

My God is one with nature. Not... say... a violence-inciting tyrant mercilessly bending it to suit his whims. :eyebrow:

...or that’s what makes the Dharma superior to my past religion at least. As for the Gods... Freyja and the Morrigan are archetypes close to my heart. Though so is Ceres. :) And many others...

I vaguely recall something about Poseidon and Lord Shiva... I guess they’re both related to Thor as well. Shiva is the Raha of Storms after all. Entertained myself with dedicating the prayers to him instead of YHWH when I had to take part in a Church ceremony sometime ago. Aum Namah Shivaya. :)

Hey there u! I'm Fey - the Celestial Fairy Princess! "Mᴀᴋɪɴɢ NS ᴄᴏsɪᴇʀ sɪɴᴄᴇ 2017!"® (◕‿◕)
, Vegetarian, Crazy Cat Lady, Dharmic Pagan, Metal, Fantasy, Elf/Fairy, Chinaboo, Yogi etc.
How can I be so cuddly and huggable? ♥♥♥ Because I exist to ease the suffering of this world! (⌒▽⌒) #TheBuddhaRocks
Little secret: I have a superpower called "ADHD". (^̮^)
♥Her Radiance's Celestial Thought♥
Neat: Essentialism, Monarchy, Difference Feminism, Animal rights, Green Conservatism, 中国, Beauty, Dignity of all life
ಠ~ಠ: Passive aggressive dorks, Abrahamic/Antropocentric world-view(s), the EU, celebrating ugliness..
I support Israel and everyone who suffer needlessly because of their own compassion.♥ (ಥ﹏ಥ)

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:10 pm

The Feylands wrote:My God is one with nature. Not... say... a violence-inciting tyrant mercilessly bending it to suit his whims. :eyebrow:

...or that’s what makes the Dharma superior to my past religion at least. As for the Gods... Freyja and the Morrigan are archetypes close to my heart. Though so is Ceres. :) And many others...

I vaguely recall something about Poseidon and Lord Shiva... I guess they’re both related to Thor as well. Shiva is the Raha of Storms after all. Entertained myself with dedicating the prayers to him instead of YHWH when I had to take part in a Church ceremony sometime ago. Aum Namah Shivaya. :)

Can you literally make any post without pointing out the fact that you don't like Christianity? Or are you not quite secure in your own beliefs or yourself yet?

And there is a great appreciation of nature in Christianity. Check out St. Francis of Assisi sometime.

Sapientia Et Bellum
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sapientia Et Bellum » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:14 pm

The Feylands wrote:My God is one with nature. Not... say... a violence-inciting tyrant mercilessly bending it to suit his whims. :eyebrow:

What kinda of pick n choose religion do you believe in that involves Norse, Greek, and Hindu Gods
Last edited by Sapientia Et Bellum on Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Il Duce Gianfranco Fini
"We are fascists, the heirs of fascism, the fascism of the year 2000" - Il Duce Gianfranco Fini

Economics Major (My ideals swing wildly between the parties occasionally due to my current education), Pro Interventionism, Pro NATO, Anti UN, Capitalist, Anti Russia, Anti China (Tariffs are still dumb though), and pro libertarian equality
In The Long Run, We Are All Dead

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:48 pm

Salus Maior wrote:

Can you literally make any post without pointing out the fact that you don't like Christianity? Or are you not quite secure in your own beliefs or yourself yet?

And there is a great appreciation of nature in Christianity. Check out St. Francis of Assisi sometime.

From what I am seeing, Feyland does not just dislike it.

They despise it with all their heart, if such a thing exists.
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:49 pm

Sapientia Et Bellum wrote:

What kinda of pick n choose religion do you believe in that involves Norse, Greek, and Hindu Gods

A religion that an edgy Chaos fanboy makes when making his own warband in his own garage.
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

The Feylands
Envoy

Founded: Jul 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Feylands » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:42 am

Korhal IVV wrote:A religion that an edgy Chaos fanboy makes when making his own warband in his own garage.
Or simply a high elf fangirl with a pantheistic and animistic religion, who believes that gods are archetypes of the forces of nature/God (dharma) and that there is thus no contradiction between various indigenous religions (or Buddhism and other dharmic philosophies), which is what non-abrahamic countries usually believe. :) And that spirituality cannot be exactly defined and arranged into little boxes or into some spreadsheet.. :eyebrow:

Or as the Hindu Rig Veda puts it: "one truth the sages know by many names". :)

Hey there u! I'm Fey - the Celestial Fairy Princess! "Mᴀᴋɪɴɢ NS ᴄᴏsɪᴇʀ sɪɴᴄᴇ 2017!"® (◕‿◕)
, Vegetarian, Crazy Cat Lady, Dharmic Pagan, Metal, Fantasy, Elf/Fairy, Chinaboo, Yogi etc.
How can I be so cuddly and huggable? ♥♥♥ Because I exist to ease the suffering of this world! (⌒▽⌒) #TheBuddhaRocks
Little secret: I have a superpower called "ADHD". (^̮^)
♥Her Radiance's Celestial Thought♥
Neat: Essentialism, Monarchy, Difference Feminism, Animal rights, Green Conservatism, 中国, Beauty, Dignity of all life
ಠ~ಠ: Passive aggressive dorks, Abrahamic/Antropocentric world-view(s), the EU, celebrating ugliness..
I support Israel and everyone who suffer needlessly because of their own compassion.♥ (ಥ﹏ಥ)

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:49 am

they are the same, they are unknown, and no one knows their will, but if they are good, they wish neither to be feared, nor for us to cause harm.

if we cannot judge what is not known, and we cannot, still we can open our eyes to what is in front of them.
whatever mighty things a god CAN do, we make our heavens and hells ourselves and by how we act.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:06 am

The core texts of Hellenic peganism state that the gods live on top of Mt. Olymous, right? Okay, let's fly to Greece then charter a helicopter...
Actually, that's sounds about lovely right now. Why don't we do this despite proving a point **checks bank account**. Oh right, that's why...
**sigh**
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:22 am

Australian rePublic wrote:The core texts of Hellenic peganism state that the gods live on top of Mt. Olymous, right? Okay, let's fly to Greece then charter a helicopter...

Washington Resistance Army wrote:Even in ancient times it was understood that the physical Olympus and the divine Olympus were separate places. I have a book somewhere around here that deals with that subject if you'd like the name but it's pretty spendy nowadays.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:44 am

Salus Maior wrote:
Indo-Malaysia wrote:I have devised my own theory.

I believe there is a higher power manipulating events to their desire, and that all monotheistic gods are merely interpretations of the same high being. Polytheistic gods also interpret the same higher power, but interpret as multiple beings and this divide it into different personalities.

I haven’t thought of a name for my church yet. I’m open for suggestions.

Firstly, lol.

And secondly, that's already been thought of.

:(

At least that makes me sound less crazy.
Tsar of the Order of the Southern North.
The Midnight Order guy

Winner of the Best Delegate of Warzone Africa award

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:31 pm

There is much debate over whether the Buddha can be considered God, I think that it would be best to say that the Buddhas are their own class of religious being which overlaps in some areas with the Western notion of Godhood, but differs in others. A major difference between the Buddha and the Christian God (and why the two religions are incompatible) is that the Buddha is not a Creator God and specifically rejects the concept of a being creating this universe. Another major difference is that in Christian theology, God exists, while notions such as exists, doesn't exist, neither exists nor doesn't exist, don't apply to the Tathāgata.
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:24 pm

What separates your God from mine?

Your thread title, affirming that there is a separation.

Hammer Britannia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Hammer Britannia » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:34 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:The core texts of Hellenic peganism state that the gods live on top of Mt. Olymous, right? Okay, let's fly to Greece then charter a helicopter...

Doesn't the bible proclaim Yahweh lives in the sky?
All shall tremble before me

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:52 pm

Hanafuridake wrote:There is much debate over whether the Buddha can be considered God, I think that it would be best to say that the Buddhas are their own class of religious being which overlaps in some areas with the Western notion of Godhood, but differs in others. A major difference between the Buddha and the Christian God (and why the two religions are incompatible) is that the Buddha is not a Creator God and specifically rejects the concept of a being creating this universe. Another major difference is that in Christian theology, God exists, while notions such as exists, doesn't exist, neither exists nor doesn't exist, don't apply to the Tathāgata.

Having attained nirvāṇa and before he ultimately attained parinirvāṇa, Buddha refers to himself as Tathāgata as you said, so "beyond the transitory"; but what that exactly means in relation to whether he continues to exist after parinirvāṇa, and the precise "form" of that existence, is unclear.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:11 pm

--EDITED-OUT--
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:12 pm

Hammer Britannia wrote:

Doesn't the bible proclaim Yahweh lives in the sky?

Where does it say that? Also, the writters of the Bible (at least the NT) knew that the Earth were round, so I don't see how that would have been possible

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:14 pm

The New California Republic wrote:

Washington Resistance Army wrote:Even in ancient times it was understood that the physical Olympus and the divine Olympus were separate places. I have a book somewhere around here that deals with that subject if you'd like the name but it's pretty spendy nowadays.

Evidence?

Hammer Britannia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Hammer Britannia » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:16 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:
Hammer Britannia wrote:Doesn't the bible proclaim Yahweh lives in the sky?

Where does it say that? Also, the writters of the Bible knew that the Earth were round, so I don't see how that would have been possible

It doesn't, I was strawmanning your religion just like you were ours.

Also, 1 Chronicles 16:30, Psalm 93:1, Psalm 96:10, Psalm 104:5. While it doesn't prove that they thought the Earth is flat, it does show that the bronze-aged barbarians of the Middle East weren't expert cosmologists either
Last edited by Hammer Britannia on Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All shall tremble before me

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General