NATION

PASSWORD

Denounced

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What do you say?

32%
6%
11%
32%
18%

Total votes : 65

Neihchfer
Secretary

Founded: Jan 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Neihchfer » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:28 am

I chose 3. Reason is as expected. But, I also consider 2 as a logical statement. Although, she must be quite unforgiving. Nonetheless, the real culprits are the mothers. Moreover, she could just leave the town again, and leave this as an awkward memory to save for b/.
This nation is what happens if I stretch my ideology, until I can't no longer agree with it. Including the Kaiser.
Traditionalist, Identitarian, CHAD, Ultra-Nationalist, Monarchist.
My political compass (I'm not a Nazi, I swear.)

Hey Kids, wanna be gay? Take a look at this Chad

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:35 am

Neihchfer wrote:I chose 3. Reason is as expected. But, I also consider 2 as a logical statement. Although, she must be quite unforgiving. Nonetheless, the real culprits are the mothers. Moreover, she could just leave the town again, and leave this as an awkward memory to save for b/.

She-preaching is not an acceptable practice even when one has been wronged.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:56 am

Diopolis wrote:
Neihchfer wrote:I chose 3. Reason is as expected. But, I also consider 2 as a logical statement. Although, she must be quite unforgiving. Nonetheless, the real culprits are the mothers. Moreover, she could just leave the town again, and leave this as an awkward memory to save for b/.

According to what exactly?
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:56 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Diopolis wrote:She-preaching is not an acceptable practice even when one has been wronged.

St. Paul.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:00 am

Diopolis wrote:She-preaching is not an acceptable practice even when one has been wronged.

1 Timothy 2:11-12, I'm guessing. Used to be a classic "oh, hush up, woman" favourite in hardline conservative churches:

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

I thought only The Handmaid's Tale still took it literally.

EDIT: Added in 2:11
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:02 am

Diopolis wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:According to what exactly?

St. Paul.

What denomination is the church in the OP? I am assuming it to be Protestant, and many Protestant churches allow female priests.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister

Founded: Jun 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:04 am

Diopolis wrote:St. Paul.

I went there last week. Unless you’re talking about the person.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:04 am

What denomination is the church in the OP? I am assuming it to be Protestant, and many Protestant churches allow female priests.

This is stated to be a conservative, rural church- which almost implies a more fundie kind of baptist.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:05 am

The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:

I went there last week. Unless you’re talking about the person.

You are thinking of St. Paul's.

Wave on, wave on

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:06 am

Diopolis wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:What denomination is the church in the OP? I am assuming it to be Protestant, and many Protestant churches allow female priests.

This is stated to be a conservative, rural church- which almost implies a more fundie kind of baptist.

Well nobody in the church intervened to stop her from speaking, so clearly they aren't that bothered by it, unless the priest was sleeping or something.

Wave on, wave on

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:06 am

1: I agree with option 1 because as far as I believe Shari'ah should be the legal and social framework of soceity, so there's nothing wrong with Rebecca in preaching about the Haraam of homosexual acts. However, if Rebecca intended this sermon as a jab at Alice's daughter, then that's wrong. Sermons should be about bringing people closer to Allah SWT, not about personal feuds.

3: I agree with 3 because it's pretty similar to option 1. Yes, this is the appropriate time to talk about homosexuality, considering it's a church, but like I said, if Rebecca intended this as a jab at Alice's daughter, that's wrong.

Also, Alice should've pressed charges against Rebecca and her son.
Last edited by El-Amin Caliphate on Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:08 am

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Sermons should be about bringing people closer to Allah SWT, not about personal feuds.

I think, on balance of probabilities, that it is more likely than not that the outburst was motivated by a personal feud.

Wave on, wave on

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:09 am

The New California Republic wrote:You are thinking of St. Paul's.

No, I’m pretty sure some religious guy named it St. Paul a while ago. Before that, it was Pig Eye’s Landing, so the current name is probably better.
Last edited by The Galactic Liberal Democracy on Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:09 am

Diopolis wrote:This is stated to be a conservative, rural church- which almost implies a more fundie kind of baptist.

Well nobody in the church intervened to stop her from speaking, so clearly they aren't that bothered by it, unless the priest was sleeping or something.

Maybe they're bothered. Maybe next week's Church Committee Meeting agenda involves trying and stoning Rebecca for the obvious witchcraft of asking to speak in Church :p
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:10 am

The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:You are thinking of St. Paul's.

No, I’m pretty sure some religious guy named it St. Paul a while ago. Before that, it was Pig Eye’s Landing, so the current name is probably better.

Ah. Different place. I thought you were talking about this:

Wave on, wave on

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:12 am

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Sermons should be about bringing people closer to Allah SWT, not about personal feuds.

I think, on balance of probabilities, that it is more likely than not that the outburst was motivated by a personal feud.

Hence she shouldn't have spoken.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:13 am

The New California Republic wrote:Ah. Different place. I thought you were talking about this:

(Image)

No, the capital of Minnesota.
Last edited by The Galactic Liberal Democracy on Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOT STORMTROOPERS

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:37 am

Diopolis wrote:

What’s “she-preaching” mean?

Honestly never heard the term

What is it?

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:44 am

It was intended to be a conservative Protestant church of some sort, I did not narrow down the denomination

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:55 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:

What’s “she-preaching” mean?

Honestly never heard the term

What is it?

Women preaching in the church
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:56 am

Oh yeah, I'd also want to do option 5: give em da'wah
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:58 am

Purpelia wrote:I am utterly confused by the entire situation. I mean:
1. Why didn't she take this woman and her child to court in the first place? Surely this is one situation where the justice system could be leveraged.
2. Why would she ask for an apology from a monster that caused heavy bodily harm to another human? That's as deluded as asking Hitler to make sure your shower water is the right temperature.
3. Why would she ever forgive someone like that? Ever? Her monster of a child hurt her child. That is unforgivable.

1. I'm not sure. I think since the kid was brought to a hospital maybe the authorities were contacted. The school would have known about it for sure and disciplined one or both parties using whatever tools they have (nothing excessive, maybe some detentions, suspensions, parent meetings or something). Its possible the police had a sit down with one or both of them but they wouldn't have forced apologies from one party to the other. At least this is what I had in mind but I'm not sure at this point I need to specifically set it in stone in the premise (maybe I should?).

2. She believed that asking for a apology was "reasonable" and that it was "the least she could/should expect." She was quite prepared to let it go if she got even that from kid to kid.

3. Because Jesus said to forgive. Christians heavily emphasise Forgiveness (all characters were written in this scenario to be serious Christians). Even if your kid is murdered, you're supposed to forgive because ultimately we all answer to God (the justification is a bit different depending on which denomination you are dealing with).
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kowani
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:04 am

Y'see, in my view, Rebecca should be ostracized from the community. Being an asshole isn’t a protected class. So, 4. Or perhaps 5, what with the kid being hospitalized and all. Fuck ‘er.
American History and Historiography; Political and Labour History, Urbanism, Political Parties, Congressional Procedure, Elections.

Servant of The Democracy since 1896.

Effortposts can be found here!

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:28 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:1. I'm not sure. I think since the kid was brought to a hospital maybe the authorities were contacted. The school would have known about it for sure and disciplined one or both parties using whatever tools they have (nothing excessive, maybe some detentions, suspensions, parent meetings or something). Its possible the police had a sit down with one or both of them but they wouldn't have forced apologies from one party to the other. At least this is what I had in mind but I'm not sure at this point I need to specifically set it in stone in the premise (maybe I should?).

Why are you so obsessed with apologies? An apology is NOT a reasonable thing to ask when someone hospitalizes another person. Prison time is.

2. She believed that asking for a apology was "reasonable" and that it was "the least she could/should expect." She was quite prepared to let it go if she got even that from kid to kid.

Why settle for least? Again, this is extremely confusing to me as I would have done my best to take those people to court both criminally and if that fails civilly until I get either a hefty punishment for the criminal or at least massive monetary compensation. This simply is one of those cases where the only justice is revenge.

3. Because Jesus said to forgive. Christians heavily emphasise Forgiveness (all characters were written in this scenario to be serious Christians). Even if your kid is murdered, you're supposed to forgive because ultimately we all answer to God (the justification is a bit different depending on which denomination you are dealing with).

And this is why I am not christian, could newer be christian and refuse to spell their religion with a capital letter. I am the sort of person that is extremely hard to get on the bad side off but newer forgives. Ever.
Last edited by Purpelia on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:31 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Oh yeah, I'd also want to do option 5: give em da'wah

I’m not as confident with taking the harshest option as I was with the last one, but this is bad.
NOT STORMTROOPERS

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General