Page 5 of 40

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:29 pm
by Metamen
"As long as what I am paying for somewhere returns to benefitting me. I don't care what it is. My political ideologies is as flip floppily as the League of Nations."

-OOC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:05 pm
by Zetaopalatopia
Moderated Meritocratic Demarchy, with a focus of effort and ability. The ideology does require a few givens to be effective, free education, and availability of information being among them. Ideally the pool of candidates would be chosen by public opinion as well as merit, with both weighted about the same.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:07 pm
by Thermodolia
Metamen wrote:"As long as what I am paying for somewhere returns to benefitting me. I don't care what it is. My political ideologies is as flip floppily as the League of Nations."

-OOC

General always is OOC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:08 pm
by Internationalist Bastard
I love these threads because it points out how there are die hard supporters of ideologies you've never heard of.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:10 pm
by A Cornstar
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:Either way, it is how attempts at communism always seem to play out.

You used 1 example...

Image

I'm an economic centrist and social rightist(by a mix of state/social force and natural selection). Pagan religions are like fingers on a hand but Christianity is the palm. Foreign policy is whatever's most beneficial to my people, with the understanding that exploitation is undesirable as it embitters others who may well become the stronger.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:26 pm
by El-Amin Caliphate
A Cornstar wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:You used 1 example...

Image

Correct none of those examples in that meme are communist.
I'm an economic centrist and social rightist(by a mix of state/social force and natural selection).
A Cornstar wrote:Pagan religions are like fingers on a hand but Christianity is the palm.

Idk what you're saying here.
A Cornstar wrote:Foreign policy is whatever's most beneficial to my people, with the understanding that exploitation is undesirable as it embitters others who may well become the stronger.

Idk what you're saying here either.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:00 pm
by Forlania
Take a *rough* look at my nation and see for yourself.

I’m all for expansive civil rights, moderate amounts of free market regulation to protect consumers & the environment, and a monarchist/autocratic form of government to ensure the previously established rights/restrictions are enforced for the betterment of the people & aren’t ruined by an uninformed populace.

Basically a lot of people are dumb politically and I wouldn’t want to leave it in their hands.

I’m not suggesting this is a very realistic idea mind you, the potential for abuse of power is quite high and ensuring those in power truly had the interests of the people at heart is much easier said than done.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:40 pm
by A Cornstar
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
A Cornstar wrote:

Correct none of those examples in that meme are communist.
I'm an economic centrist and social rightist(by a mix of state/social force and natural selection).
A Cornstar wrote:Pagan religions are like fingers on a hand but Christianity is the palm.

Idk what you're saying here.
A Cornstar wrote:Foreign policy is whatever's most beneficial to my people, with the understanding that exploitation is undesirable as it embitters others who may well become the stronger.

Idk what you're saying here either.

Only the image was my response to you. The rest was me being on OP's topic. Perhaps that was unclear.

Image
Also the misspelling of 'It's' and the extra caps bother me, but my fault for sharing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:31 am
by El-Amin Caliphate
A Cornstar wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Correct none of those examples in that meme are communist.
I'm an economic centrist and social rightist(by a mix of state/social force and natural selection).
Idk what you're saying here.

Idk what you're saying here either.

Only the image was my response to you. The rest was me being on OP's topic. Perhaps that was unclear.

Ok, well can you explain those parts?
A Cornstar wrote:
(Image)
Also the misspelling of 'It's' and the extra caps bother me, but my fault for sharing

I don't think there's been a communist society to fail in modern history.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:40 am
by Abarri
Left-leaning centrist libertarian...at least, that's what an online political alignment test told me.
The centrism is so strong that it's just a few decimal points to the point of origin in the Cartesian plane (i.e. political compass).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:03 am
by The Liberated Territories
My sig

Political Ideology

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:06 am
by Haeroe
I am a medeum-right capitalist :clap:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:08 am
by A Cornstar
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
A Cornstar wrote:Only the image was my response to you. The rest was me being on OP's topic. Perhaps that was unclear.

Ok, well can you explain those parts?
A Cornstar wrote:
(Image)
Also the misspelling of 'It's' and the extra caps bother me, but my fault for sharing

I don't think there's been a communist society to fail in modern history.

I have a general point of view that things left in the past actually have a a lot worth salvaging. The eastern and pagan western religions retain many valuable insights, but Christianity is the best choice for a central focus and top priority(In the west for continuity and in general for the usual reasons).

The comments regarding foreign policy have mainly to do with empire(although allowing your people to fight as mercenaries in conflicts that the state will not partake in is also a liability). The continually growing demand for resources is unsustainable and few have the foresight to retool in a timely manner. The typical response is to double down on cruelty until you've finally made enough enemies to destroy you, or allow yourself to be taken advantage of at every opportunity and you may be destroyed anyway.

If by modern you mean current. I don't know of any examples that aren't an embarrassment that haven't also incorporated elements of market economies. Barring some hypothetical far future tech, communism, besides material reasons, fails because it is a utopian ideology. Its followers understand human nature won't allow it to work, so they try to change it into something that can. While it is mutable, intentionally changing human nature towards an all new end is beyond the means of men. Yes, the ideology of A Cornstar also involves intentionally changing human nature, but towards an end that's been seen before, multiple times, hindsight is available and so one can replicate those results.
Image

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:17 am
by The Huskar Social Union
Scary red man.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:16 am
by El-Amin Caliphate
Volkari wrote:That's ironically the same reaction I have to Islamism.

Why type of Islamism? There's several kinds.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:45 am
by Obterlaisch
I took a test and I'm a Right Wing Authoritarian. But, I'm pretty balanced. Only leaning on capitalism, not hardcore. Well, I do love the free market :) . I am also a monarchic guy, so if you put make it a government type, I would be a Right Wing Absolute Monarchy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:47 am
by Helensburgh
Liberal, Georgist, and market socialist. AKA Liberal Socialism/Social Democracy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:54 am
by Lyxtovia
A social-democratic constitutional monarchy, slowly gravitating towards socialism, since President Latovina was reelected in 2021. When it comes to civil rights though, we are pretty libertarian.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:08 am
by Silver Commonwealth
Lyxtovia wrote:A social-democratic constitutional monarchy, slowly gravitating towards socialism, since President Latovina was reelected in 2021. When it comes to civil rights though, we are pretty libertarian.

Ehh, this is General, not ''Factbooks and National Information''. This is about your OOC views, not your nation's views.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:47 am
by Lyxtovia
Silver Commonwealth wrote:
Lyxtovia wrote:A social-democratic constitutional monarchy, slowly gravitating towards socialism, since President Latovina was reelected in 2021. When it comes to civil rights though, we are pretty libertarian.

Ehh, this is General, not ''Factbooks and National Information''. This is about your OOC views, not your nation's views.

OK, but my OOC views mostly correlate with Lyxtovia's.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:53 am
by Western Vale Confederacy
Sooo apparently a "pornocracy" is a thing...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:54 am
by The Blaatschapen
Western Vale Confederacy wrote:Sooo apparently a "pornocracy" is a thing...


It values rigid rule.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:59 am
by Firaxin
Unique Socialist, where a virtuous transhuman or AI that presides eternally commands all aspects of society so long as it acts virtuously. It would be given power by an automated system that would regularly check the Leader's actions, and then lock them out if the analysis found any problems, and begin looking for a suitable new leader or if none are available reinstate democratic control. Accurate analysis, and Leader's commands would be possible due to the high amount of future surveillance.

Until then, a temporary democratic government assisted by our most advanced computers will do.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:37 am
by The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord
Firaxin wrote:Unique Socialist, where a virtuous transhuman or AI that presides eternally commands all aspects of society so long as it acts virtuously. It would be given power by an automated system that would regularly check the Leader's actions, and then lock them out if the analysis found any problems, and begin looking for a suitable new leader or if none are available reinstate democratic control. Accurate analysis, and Leader's commands would be possible due to the high amount of future surveillance.

Until then, a temporary democratic government assisted by our most advanced computers will do.


Ah, a kindred spirit! Splendid!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:34 am
by Nordengrund
I’m a Georgist and a libertarian, but I think the U.S. Libertarian Party is too extreme on some issues, to me. I’m also a republican (small ‘R’).