NATION

PASSWORD

Stuffed Animals

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

At what age does it become problematic to play with/sleep with stuffed animals?

10 years or older
4%
13 years or older
7%
15 years or older
4%
18 years or older
2%
19 years or older
1%
21 years or older
1%
25 years or older
1%
30 years or older
1%
40 years or older
1%
It is not a problem ever in and of itself (stuffed animal toys for EVERYONE)
79%

Total votes : 195

Foxfound
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:10 pm

Hatterleigh wrote:
Foxfound wrote:... Okay, so I once brought it in for comfort because I was nervous about a test and that sort of became a thing for a while. I am not exactly a very strong-willed person. And in this age of memery I'm surprised most of my classmates have gotten past things like pokemon.
The sad part is that the zorua was more popular at school than I was.

You are only digging stuffed animal fans like yourself in a deeper hole by giving me such information. I am sorry that you are weak willed and not popular, I wish for your situation on those fronts to improve.

Sorry. Sometimes I guess I say too much.

I don't think I'm really unpopular, I just need to work on talking with people better.
IC Name: Ketorushima
Arctic island inhabited by kitsune and other yōkai.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

Aaaaaa
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aaaaaa » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:22 pm

Hatterleigh wrote:
Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
The three Smurfs that keep a close watch on me when I am sleeping (and thus vulnerable to otherwordly entities) from the highest bookshelf have also given me their guarantees of well-meaning intentions.

You would be much better off using a cross. Smurfs are weaker than you, they cannot protect you from anything. Jesus on the other hand, branches from an infinite hand.

Buddy... Catholic to Catholic here, this isn't really the most appropriate thread to bring up Jesus out of nowhere. I think they were being hyperbolic when referring to "otherworldly entities".
Last edited by Aaaaaa on Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Let thy freedom be a beacon of independence, a conduit of good deeds, and a giving of praise to the Lord."
Click here for the Aaaaaan Conflict Map (Updated January 2024)
=== AAAAAA ===
Progressively ruining NationStates since December 2012™ (Add 4000+ posts)

Aaaaaa (pronounced AH-AY-UH)
Aaaaaan News Ticker (Updated August 8th 2023)
AURNVONS LAUNCH ATTACKS ON SPICUEIL AGAIN • BOMBSHELL REPORT ALLEGES LIEVUE TROOPS DELIBERATELY KILLING CIVILIANS • BEATINNEN SAYS ACTIVE REBELLION STANDS AT "WELL OVER 3000 ARMED MEN & WOMEN" • LIEVUE MEDIA CLAIM CEASEFIRE AGREEMENT IS IN DEVELOPMENT

Borovin
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Borovin » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:38 pm

Hatterleigh wrote:You would be much better off using a cross. Smurfs are weaker than you, they cannot protect you from anything. Jesus on the other hand, branches from an infinite hand.

My stuffed bears protect me from many things. Jesus protects me from nothing.

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:07 am

Aaaaaa wrote:
Hatterleigh wrote:You would be much better off using a cross. Smurfs are weaker than you, they cannot protect you from anything. Jesus on the other hand, branches from an infinite hand.

Buddy... Catholic to Catholic here, this isn't really the most appropriate thread to bring up Jesus out of nowhere. I think they were being hyperbolic when referring to "otherworldly entities".

Well, I was indeed being hyperbolic, buuut my statement DOES have an ounce of truth.

I'm a rather superstitious person, and I have grown to acknowledge them less as toys and more as passive bedroom protectors. One of 'em is also my travel charm whom I bring with me on any extended trip.

It sounds rather odd and borders on idolatry, but if I feel like they ward off the bad vibes, then they do their job.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:10 am

Hatterleigh wrote:
The three Smurfs that keep a close watch on me when I am sleeping (and thus vulnerable to otherwordly entities) from the highest bookshelf have also given me their guarantees of well-meaning intentions.

You would be much better off using a cross. Smurfs are weaker than you, they cannot protect you from anything. Jesus on the other hand, branches from an infinite hand.

But what will protect you from jesus? You know he sees you when you're sleeping and knows when you're awake? :o
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:10 am

Aaaaaa wrote:Buddy... Catholic to Catholic here, this isn't really the most appropriate thread to bring up Jesus out of nowhere. I think they were being hyperbolic when referring to "otherworldly entities".

Well, I was indeed being hyperbolic, buuut my statement DOES have an ounce of truth.

I'm a rather superstitious person, and I have grown to acknowledge them less as toys and more as passive bedroom protectors. One of 'em is also my travel charm whom I bring with me on any extended trip.

It sounds rather odd and borders on idolatry, but if I feel like they ward off the bad vibes, then they do their job.

They project an aura of warmth, protection and adoration/love

Stuffed animal toys are benevolent bedroom guardians, they act as counsel, protectors, and friends

Dazchan
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Dazchan » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:14 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:

Stuffed animal toys are benevolent bedroom guardians, they act as counsel, protectors, and friends

They do a brilliant job of protecting us.
If you can read this, thank your teachers.

Aaaaaa
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aaaaaa » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:41 pm

Aaaaaa wrote:Buddy... Catholic to Catholic here, this isn't really the most appropriate thread to bring up Jesus out of nowhere. I think they were being hyperbolic when referring to "otherworldly entities".

That's fair.
"Let thy freedom be a beacon of independence, a conduit of good deeds, and a giving of praise to the Lord."
Click here for the Aaaaaan Conflict Map (Updated January 2024)
=== AAAAAA ===
Progressively ruining NationStates since December 2012™ (Add 4000+ posts)

Aaaaaa (pronounced AH-AY-UH)
Aaaaaan News Ticker (Updated August 8th 2023)
AURNVONS LAUNCH ATTACKS ON SPICUEIL AGAIN • BOMBSHELL REPORT ALLEGES LIEVUE TROOPS DELIBERATELY KILLING CIVILIANS • BEATINNEN SAYS ACTIVE REBELLION STANDS AT "WELL OVER 3000 ARMED MEN & WOMEN" • LIEVUE MEDIA CLAIM CEASEFIRE AGREEMENT IS IN DEVELOPMENT

Foxfound
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:06 pm

Aclion wrote:

But what will protect you from jesus? You know he sees you when you're sleeping and knows when you're awake? :o

No that's Santa.

Wait, have you ever seen Jesus and Santa in a photograph together? Think about it...
IC Name: Ketorushima
Arctic island inhabited by kitsune and other yōkai.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:04 pm

When I was younger, I had a whole collection of them, but there was one in particular which I couldn't cope without (a stuffed rabbit called... well, Bunny). But as I grew older, I was able to cope without it, until when I was 14, we buried it in the backyard (it was pretty beaten up by years of use, so it can't really be saved, but for some reason, we felt that we couldn't toss it out).

I still have a few stuffed animals scattered around my room, but I have not played with them, let alone slept alongside them, in a very very long time. That being said, it probably helped that my cat often cuddles with me as I drift off to sleep.

So yeah, I agree with the USS Monitor in this context: you can have them at any age, but if you're an adult, you should be able to manage without them.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:03 pm

Dazchan wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

They do a brilliant job of protecting us.

So adorable!

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:04 pm

Luziyca wrote:When I was younger, I had a whole collection of them, but there was one in particular which I couldn't cope without (a stuffed rabbit called... well, Bunny). But as I grew older, I was able to cope without it, until when I was 14, we buried it in the backyard (it was pretty beaten up by years of use, so it can't really be saved, but for some reason, we felt that we couldn't toss it out).

I still have a few stuffed animals scattered around my room, but I have not played with them, let alone slept alongside them, in a very very long time. That being said, it probably helped that my cat often cuddles with me as I drift off to sleep.

So yeah, I agree with the USS Monitor in this context: you can have them at any age, but if you're an adult, you should be able to manage without them.

Have you ever checked if it’s still in its grave?

Maybe it climbed out?

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General