NATION

PASSWORD

Stuffed Animals

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

At what age does it become problematic to play with/sleep with stuffed animals?

10 years or older
4%
13 years or older
7%
15 years or older
4%
18 years or older
2%
19 years or older
1%
21 years or older
1%
25 years or older
1%
30 years or older
1%
40 years or older
1%
It is not a problem ever in and of itself (stuffed animal toys for EVERYONE)
79%

Total votes : 195

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:29 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Scomagia wrote:How do you define "athletic"?

I'll agree that bodybuilders aren't very attractive to me, though I think that's got more to do with the comparative uselessness of all their mass. Female powerlifters, on the other hand? Yowza! None of that muscle is for show! Strength is sexy. Pointless hypertrophy is not.

If a male or a female has a frontal body that is so hard and firm that it looks like there are massive muscular chunks of hard meat... (on the scale of Arnold) then for me a line has been crossed

Obviously there’s a scale and a spectrum that’s hard to delineate, but if it’s crossed

It just feels really “meaty” if you get what I mean? The idea of rubbing against/getting rubbed against by that kind of a hard mass is a bit of a turn off

Yeah, that's definitely a bodybuilder physique. Powerlifters have muscle for performance, not show. They usually have a pretty healthy amount of body fat, so they don't have the "chunk of meat" look.
Insert trite farewell here

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:19 am

Scomagia wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
If a male or a female has a frontal body that is so hard and firm that it looks like there are massive muscular chunks of hard meat... (on the scale of Arnold) then for me a line has been crossed

Obviously there’s a scale and a spectrum that’s hard to delineate, but if it’s crossed

It just feels really “meaty” if you get what I mean? The idea of rubbing against/getting rubbed against by that kind of a hard mass is a bit of a turn off

Yeah, that's definitely a bodybuilder physique. Powerlifters have muscle for performance, not show. They usually have a pretty healthy amount of body fat, so they don't have the "chunk of meat" look.

I see...

Makes sense

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:10 am

Scomagia wrote:
Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
Age has definitely taken its toll on ol' Arnold's bodybuilder physique, but yeah, anything above the "athletic" body type is not very attractive to me.

How do you define "athletic"?

I'll agree that bodybuilders aren't very attractive to me, though I think that's got more to do with the comparative uselessness of all their mass. Female powerlifters, on the other hand? Yowza! None of that muscle is for show! Strength is sexy. Pointless hypertrophy is not.

Personally, anything beyond the greater end of the "otter" body type is when it starts going downhill attractiveness-wise for me.

The lesser end of "athletic" body type is basically the cap. I don't like Arnold types.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:28 am

Are there any arnold Schwarzenegger plushies?
The Blaatschapen should resign

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:58 am

Scomagia wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:That's what I do. I buy books, old video game cartridges, tapes, and DVDs.

Right on! I understand the convenience of digital media but I'm very attached to tactile things like reading a physical book or popping open a DVD case.

Hard copies are also less reliant on internet access.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:57 pm

Is it harming anyone? No? Than why should anyone give a fuck?
Most of the time I have no idea what the hell I'm doing or talking about.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Prusenreich
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusenreich » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:59 pm

Unless you keep them for the purpose of hiding drugs/ illegal items or to throw at people I don't have a problem
Based off a Custom Euiv nation

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:13 pm

Prusenreich wrote:Unless you keep them for the purpose of hiding drugs/ illegal items or to throw at people I don't have a problem

https://youtu.be/aiuzSB_8rtU about six seconds in
Nothing wrong with throwing them at people
The Blaatschapen should resign

Karu Nadu
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Karu Nadu » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:14 pm

Sovaal wrote:Is it harming anyone? No? Than why should anyone give a fuck?

Quite a logical statement.

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:33 pm

Karu Nadu wrote:
Sovaal wrote:Is it harming anyone? No? Than why should anyone give a fuck?

Quite a logical statement.

We don't deal with logic here on NSG!

Atlantiona
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantiona » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:39 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:This is a thread to discuss stuffed animal toys.

It is common to give children stuffed animal toys to play with. Many children go to sleep hugging stuffed animal toys like giraffes, teddies, and hello kitties. However, are stuffed animal toys for kids only? Or can older people and adults keep them?

Specifically, the discussion point is: at what age, if any age, (based on your own personal subjective standard) does it become "problematic" to sleep with stuffed animal toys? (by sleep with, I mean just sleep with, for instance, hugging the toy and falling asleep, nothing more). What would be your reasoning for setting that age as a standard metric?

Alternatively, you might personally find that it is acceptable for people of all ages to play with and sleep with stuffed toy animals.

Please explain whatever you position you adopt.

A poll is up.

Stuffed animals are adorable. So it shouldn't be a problem if people of all ages might be interested in keeping and playing with them. Everyone needs toys.

If someone comes up to you and says "Are you not TOO OLD to be playing with stuffed animals?" then in my view that is a bit close minded.

It is only problamatic if you are not collecting for reasons....ex having multiple Pokémon plush toys and not having them as a display when you are older than 12
Hello

Foxfound
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:41 pm

Atlantiona wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:This is a thread to discuss stuffed animal toys.

It is common to give children stuffed animal toys to play with. Many children go to sleep hugging stuffed animal toys like giraffes, teddies, and hello kitties. However, are stuffed animal toys for kids only? Or can older people and adults keep them?

Specifically, the discussion point is: at what age, if any age, (based on your own personal subjective standard) does it become "problematic" to sleep with stuffed animal toys? (by sleep with, I mean just sleep with, for instance, hugging the toy and falling asleep, nothing more). What would be your reasoning for setting that age as a standard metric?

Alternatively, you might personally find that it is acceptable for people of all ages to play with and sleep with stuffed toy animals.

Please explain whatever you position you adopt.

A poll is up.

Stuffed animals are adorable. So it shouldn't be a problem if people of all ages might be interested in keeping and playing with them. Everyone needs toys.

If someone comes up to you and says "Are you not TOO OLD to be playing with stuffed animals?" then in my view that is a bit close minded.

It is only problamatic if you are not collecting for reasons....ex having multiple Pokémon plush toys and not having them as a display when you are older than 12

*laughs nervously while hiding Fennekin and Zorua* Yeah, that would be... uh, very immature and unreasonable!
IC Name: Ketorushima
Arctic island inhabited by kitsune and other yōkai.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

Atlantiona
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantiona » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:46 pm

Foxfound wrote:
Atlantiona wrote:

*laughs nervously while hiding Fennekin and Zorua* Yeah, that would be... uh, very immature and unreasonable!

Lol your fine......long as you have the cards and you are actually into Pokémon i dont care.......i actually like the fact that people are dedicated enough to Pokémon that they actually buy plushes, regardless if they ever sleep with them or not.....though personally the only plushes that i personally would ever consider sleeping with would be leafeon or victini cause they always held a spot in the top 5 best Pokémon ever......respectively spots 2 and 1.......victini being #1
Note: would never sleep with them btw just the 2 canadites whose percentage are above 0...........respectively 0.00000000000000001% and 0.000000002%
Last edited by Atlantiona on Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello

Foxotania
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 06, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Foxotania » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:50 pm

Atlantiona wrote:
Foxfound wrote:*laughs nervously while hiding Fennekin and Zorua* Yeah, that would be... uh, very immature and unreasonable!

Lol your fine......long as you have the cards and you are actually into Pokémon i dont care.......i actually like the fact that people are dedicated enough to Pokémon that they actually buy plushes, regardless if they ever sleep with them or not.....though personally the only plushes that i personally would ever consider sleeping with would be leafeon or victini cause they always held a spot in the top 5 best Pokémon ever......respectively spots 2 and 1.......victini being #1
Note: would never sleep with them btw just the 2 canadites whose percentage are above 0...........respectively 0.00000000000000001% and 0.000000002%

I would like to have an Eevee, but having a Fox and a Deer is good enough for me. UwU
Leader: His Majesty Ronaldo of Foxotania
Motto: The Kingdom of Happy Foxos!
Reside In The Pacific
Government Type: Semi-Constitutional Monarchy

Foxo Foxo Foxo

Exxosia
Diplomat

Founded: May 09, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Exxosia » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:03 pm

In all seriousness, it does not matter. A stuffed toy is basically a small pillow combined with a grounding support device for your mental state.

We are so obsessed with this framework of "maturity" these days and yet we can't really tell who made it up or why. If you can't point at a structure in your society and say why it is admonished or held to a high standard, it is probably something artificial that was made up to cause harm, manipulation, or make life easier for the whole through homogeneity or not having to confront/discuss/explain.

I have a big plush manatee named Hugh. :lol:

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:04 pm

Atlantiona wrote:
Foxfound wrote:*laughs nervously while hiding Fennekin and Zorua* Yeah, that would be... uh, very immature and unreasonable!

I mean... they usually do sit on the bed even when I'm asleep, but I don't think I need them to sleep anymore, even if I do like to have them there.

Then again, I'm at least much better than when I was little. Suffice to say I'm lucky I didn't suffocate under a bunch of plushies back then.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

Hatterleigh
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hatterleigh » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:19 pm

It depends on a lot of things. I'd say females just be like that sort of way where they like cute things way more then men, so probably around 14 for them. For boys probably around 11 or 12. But everyone has had some stuffed animal or blanket or pillow they've had since they were a baby or something which they ain't gonna part ways with. Still doe, if I see a grown man with a bunch of stuffed animals in his bed or even a 15 year old man I would be pretty weirded out. Sort of a childish thing.
✦ ✦ ✦ The Free Domain of Hatterleigh ✦ ✦ ✦
National News Network: William Botrum entering last days in office - President-elect Rood preparing or term
Overview of Hatterleigh | William Botrum, Hatterleigh's President | Hatterlese Embassy Program | I don't use NS stats.

Hatterleigh
Ambassador

Postby Hatterleigh » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:19 pm

Foxfound wrote:
Atlantiona wrote:

You have poor taste in Pokémon.
National News Network: William Botrum entering last days in office - President-elect Rood preparing or term
Overview of Hatterleigh | William Botrum, Hatterleigh's President | Hatterlese Embassy Program | I don't use NS stats.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:20 pm

The blAAtschApen wrote:Are there any arnold Schwarzenegger plushies?

i think he's too hardcore for that

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:22 pm

Hatterleigh wrote:

You have poor taste in Pokémon.

Hmph. You're just like that kid at school who called my zorua a 'knock-off eevee'.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:23 pm

Hatterleigh wrote:It depends on a lot of things. I'd say females just be like that sort of way where they like cute things way more then men, so probably around 14 for them. For boys probably around 11 or 12. But everyone has had some stuffed animal or blanket or pillow they've had since they were a baby or something which they ain't gonna part ways with. Still doe, if I see a grown man with a bunch of stuffed animals in his bed or even a 15 year old man I would be pretty weirded out. Sort of a childish thing.

oh no! (gasp)

you being judgemental! =(

Hatterleigh
Ambassador

Postby Hatterleigh » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:24 pm

Foxfound wrote:
Hatterleigh wrote:You have poor taste in Pokémon.

Hmph. You're just like that kid at school who called my zorua a 'knock-off eevee'.

Ok, first of all why do u bring a pokemon plush to school and second of all what grade are u in to still be having conversations about pokemon with passerby? Also, my point still stands.
Last edited by Hatterleigh on Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hatterleigh
Ambassador

Postby Hatterleigh » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:25 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Hatterleigh wrote:It depends on a lot of things. I'd say females just be like that sort of way where they like cute things way more then men, so probably around 14 for them. For boys probably around 11 or 12. But everyone has had some stuffed animal or blanket or pillow they've had since they were a baby or something which they ain't gonna part ways with. Still doe, if I see a grown man with a bunch of stuffed animals in his bed or even a 15 year old man I would be pretty weirded out. Sort of a childish thing.

oh no! (gasp)

You are judging me for being judgemental.

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:32 pm

Hatterleigh wrote:
Foxfound wrote:Hmph. You're just like that kid at school who called my zorua a 'knock-off eevee'.

Ok, first of all why do u bring a pokemon plush to school and second of all what grade are u in to still be having conversations about pokemon with passerby? Also, my point still stands.

... Okay, so I once brought it in for comfort because I was nervous about a test and that sort of became a thing for a while. I am not exactly a very strong-willed person. And in this age of memery I'm surprised most of my classmates have gotten past things like pokemon.
The sad part is that the zorua was more popular at school than I was.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:32 pm

Hatterleigh wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
oh no! (gasp)

You are judging me for being judgemental.

Hmmm... you may have a point

what is more judgemental?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General