NATION

PASSWORD

Teens Surround And Denigrate Native Americans In DC

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:10 pm

Par Chic wrote:Nobody is suggesting it's OK to harass people, just that the 'victims' are cunty people.

Having opinions you don't like doesn't make people cunty. Why the scare quotes around 'victims', by the way? That kind of sends a contradictory message, you know?
Insert trite farewell here

Ors Might
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ors Might » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:12 pm

So let me get this straight. Fifteen y/os get into confrontation with racists, dude tries to ease tensions with his drum solo, high schoolers do what high schoolers do and mock what feels absurd to them, media shits on kids for a few days. Is that about right?
https://youtu.be/gvjOG5gboFU Best diss track of all time

Ors Might
Powerbroker

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ors Might » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:14 pm

Par Chic wrote:
Scomagia wrote:That's not really the substance of my post but hey, reading isn't for everyone.

It really was.

The fact is that you sound much more like a fascist than these kids. It's not okay to harass people for opposing feticide and supporting an unpopular president. That is absolutely wrong.

'feticide' :rofl:

and I never said anything about harassing people only that the kids are shitty people.

If one is of the belief that the unborn are human lives with intrinsic value and that bodily autonomy isn’t that important, then it’d be shitty for them not to be pro-life to some extent. Their own values require it.

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:16 pm

Ors Might wrote:So let me get this straight. Fifteen y/os get into confrontation with racists, dude tries to ease tensions with his drum solo, high schoolers do what high schoolers do and mock what feels absurd to them, media shits on kids for a few days. Is that about right?

The drum guy says he was trying to ease tensions but I don't see how drumming in somebody's face really accomplishes that. That's more something I would do if I was trying to piss people off.

Considering that he tried a few days later to crash Mass at an unrelated Catholic shrine, I'm going to lean more towards him being an attention seeking douche.

Confederate States of German America
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederate States of German America » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:16 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Confederate States of German America wrote:
I don't have to shove anything into your mouth when you say it naturally. :)

And yet you can't provide actual examples of me saying the words.

I'm literally OEP. Still a National Syndicalist.

All these horses in my car got me going fast
I just wanna do the dash, put my pedal to the gas
Going so fast, hope I don't crash
One false move, that could be my last

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:17 pm

Vassenor wrote:
And yet you can't provide actual examples of me saying the words.

So where in there did I say it was OK? That was your original accusation after all.
Last edited by Vassenor on Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:17 pm

Par Chic wrote:
Scomagia wrote:Having opinions you don't like doesn't make people cunty.

Supporting fascists and opposing women's rights does though.

Why the scare quotes around 'victims', by the way? That kind of sends a contradictory message, you know?

Because they are still terrible people despite being victims.

Disagreeing with you doesn't make them terrible people. You honestly don't know the first thing about them.

Ors Might
Powerbroker

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ors Might » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:17 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Ors Might wrote:So let me get this straight. Fifteen y/os get into confrontation with racists, dude tries to ease tensions with his drum solo, high schoolers do what high schoolers do and mock what feels absurd to them, media shits on kids for a few days. Is that about right?

The drum guy says he was trying to ease tensions but I don't see how drumming in somebody's face really accomplishes that. That's more something I would do if I was trying to piss people off.

Considering that he tried a few days later to crash Mass at an unrelated Catholic shrine, I'm going to lean more towards him being an attention seeking douche.

Figures. Never met a drummer that wasn’t douchey in some capacity.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederate States of German America » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:19 pm

Vassenor wrote:

So where in there did I say it was OK? That was your original accusation after all.

Vass, you're shit at lying, especially given we have a quote function no less:

Vassenor wrote:So where have I actually said "X did it too so this is fine!"? Where did I say any of this was OK?

Your entire argument is this; when the evil of this was brought up, your instinctive response was to cite an example from the other side of politics rather than show a thread of human decency and categorically reject it on all grounds.

Ors Might
Powerbroker

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ors Might » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:19 pm

Par Chic wrote:
Ors Might wrote:If one is of the belief that the unborn are human lives with intrinsic value and that bodily autonomy isn’t that important, then it’d be shitty for them not to be pro-life to some extent. Their own values require it.

Yes it does. If your values require you to oppose womens rights and support a fascist then you are a shitty person. Fuck their 'values'.

Your argument only holds weight if one accepts your values. If one doesn’t believe that aborting the unborn via termination is a right that anyone should have, then opposing it isn’t opposing womens rights. It’s opposing, in their view, mass slaughter.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:20 pm

Vassenor wrote:

Your entire argument is this; when the evil of this was brought up, your instinctive response was to cite an example from the other side of politics rather than show a thread of human decency and categorically reject it on all grounds.

Confederate States of German America wrote:That you're incapable of doing anything else but "X did it too so this is fine!" really says a hell of a lot about you as a person. If you find what happened to Hogg deplorable you ought to have the fucking morality to say this was shit and call people out on it but you're too blinded by being a partisan.

I can quote your posts too.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Ors Might
Powerbroker

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ors Might » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:20 pm

Par Chic wrote:
Scomagia wrote:The drum guy says he was trying to ease tensions but I don't see how drumming in somebody's face really accomplishes that. That's more something I would do if I was trying to piss people off.

TIL Rosa Parks was an 'attention-seeking douche.'

Rosa Parks drummed at white bus drivers?

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:21 pm

Ors Might wrote:
Par Chic wrote:
It really was.

'feticide' :rofl:

and I never said anything about harassing people only that the kids are shitty people.

If one is of the belief that the unborn are human lives with intrinsic value and that bodily autonomy isn’t that important, then it’d be shitty for them not to be pro-life to some extent. Their own values require it.

Precisely. I'm not onboard with their views but I can at least see the logical thread behind them. They aren't terrible because we've arrived at different conclusions.

Ors Might
Powerbroker

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ors Might » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:22 pm

Par Chic wrote:
Ors Might wrote:Rosa Parks drummed at white bus drivers?

She was rude to those white people who wanted her to sit at the back. /s

I don’t see how this is relevant. Drummer dude drummed at a bunch of kids. Rosa Parks refused to be treated as a second class citizen.

You’re being pretty damn demeaning towards the civil rights movement.
Last edited by Ors Might on Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederate States of German America » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:23 pm

Vassenor wrote:

Confederate States of German America wrote:That you're incapable of doing anything else but "X did it too so this is fine!" really says a hell of a lot about you as a person. If you find what happened to Hogg deplorable you ought to have the fucking morality to say this was shit and call people out on it but you're too blinded by being a partisan.

I can quote your posts too.

But apparently understanding them is beyond you, clearly.

Vassenor wrote:So where have I actually said "X did it too so this is fine!"? Where did I say any of this was OK?

Last edited by Confederate States of German America on Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ors Might
Powerbroker

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ors Might » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:25 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Ors Might wrote:If one is of the belief that the unborn are human lives with intrinsic value and that bodily autonomy isn’t that important, then it’d be shitty for them not to be pro-life to some extent. Their own values require it.

Precisely. I'm not onboard with their views but I can at least see the logical thread behind them. They aren't terrible because we've arrived at different conclusions.

If they were of the opinion that the right to bodily autonomy trumped the right to life but still opposed abortion, then I might think of then as terrible people. Their values are in conflict with their actions. But since they’re values seemingly aren’t conflicting with their actions, they’re just wrong.

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Par Chic wrote:
Scomagia wrote:Disagreeing with you doesn't make them terrible people.

Supporting a fascist and opposing women's rights does though.

You honestly don't know the first thing about them.

I know enough.

You know fuck all. You're reducing them to two views that they hold, views which we've never, you know, heard the reasoning or nuance for. You don't know anything at all about them as individuals. Grow the fuck up.

Again, your thinking would be absolutely welcome in a fascist society. "You think different? Fuck you, you're terrible!"

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:29 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Par Chic wrote:
Supporting a fascist and opposing women's rights does though.

I know enough.

You know fuck all. You're reducing them to two views that they hold, views which we've never, you know, heard the reasoning or nuance for. You don't know anything at all about them as individuals. Grow the fuck up.

Again, your thinking would be absolutely welcome in a fascist society. "You think different? Fuck you, you're terrible!"

Even if we did know of the nuance behind their views, they were still kids. They shouldn't be held to the same standard that adults are, since their political views were probably given to them by authority figures instead of being organically developed based on evidence.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:29 pm

Par Chic wrote:

I sure would like to hear how Nathan Phillips drumming in a teenager's face is the same as Rosa Parks taking a stand against an unjust law.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:31 pm

Ors Might wrote:
Scomagia wrote:Precisely. I'm not onboard with their views but I can at least see the logical thread behind them. They aren't terrible because we've arrived at different conclusions.

If they were of the opinion that the right to bodily autonomy trumped the right to life but still opposed abortion, then I might think of then as terrible people. Their values are in conflict with their actions. But since they’re values seemingly aren’t conflicting with their actions, they’re just wrong.

What if someone holds abortion (we'll say at will abortions for the sake of discussion) to be immoral but holds government restriction of abortion to be more immoral? Is that person terrible in your estimation?

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:32 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
Par Chic wrote:

I sure would like to hear how Nathan Phillips drumming in a teenager's face is the same as Rosa Parks taking a stand against an unjust law.

It isn't. He was simply trying to defuse the building situation between the teens and the BH......something the chaperones should have been doing.....
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:34 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Ors Might wrote:If they were of the opinion that the right to bodily autonomy trumped the right to life but still opposed abortion, then I might think of then as terrible people. Their values are in conflict with their actions. But since they’re values seemingly aren’t conflicting with their actions, they’re just wrong.

What if someone holds abortion (we'll say at will abortions for the sake of discussion) to be immoral but holds government restriction of abortion to be more immoral? Is that person terrible in your estimation?

Abortion debate is a tangent. The teens being at a protest is simply that. The incident didn't involve the morality or lack there of in this incident.....
Last edited by The Black Forrest on Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:34 pm

Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:
Scomagia wrote:You know fuck all. You're reducing them to two views that they hold, views which we've never, you know, heard the reasoning or nuance for. You don't know anything at all about them as individuals. Grow the fuck up.

Even if we did know of the nuance behind their views, they were still kids. They shouldn't be held to the same standard that adults are, since their political views were probably given to them by authority figures instead of being organically developed based on evidence.

Isn't that true for a lot of adults, too?

Personally, I think it's a little condescending to brush off someone's opinions because they are 15 or so. Either their arguments hold up or they don't.

Ors Might
Powerbroker

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ors Might » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:35 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Ors Might wrote:If they were of the opinion that the right to bodily autonomy trumped the right to life but still opposed abortion, then I might think of then as terrible people. Their values are in conflict with their actions. But since they’re values seemingly aren’t conflicting with their actions, they’re just wrong.

Depends on the values that they base those positions on. For the sake of argument, we’ll say that the latter position is based upon the value that using force to make people abide by your values is wrong, meaning that they opt for discussion and persuasion for “enforcing” the former position. In which case, I’d consider them perfectly fine people based on that analysis.

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:36 pm

Par Chic wrote:
Ors Might wrote:I don’t see how this is relevant. Drummer dude drummed at a bunch of kids. Rosa Parks refused to be treated as a second class citizen.

You’re being pretty damn demeaning towards the civil rights movement.

Because Native Americans have it so good.... :roll:

Ironically enough, still better than Canada's own indigenous folk, so sit down.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General