NATION

PASSWORD

Leftist Militias: Should Liberals Be Pro-Second Amendment?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Len Hyet » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:49 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Sicaris wrote:
The problem is, by most of their definitions, “fascist” is anyone right of them on the political spectrum. Do you want Bobby McCommie showing these groups you support as possible national security threats after they shot someone who disagreed with them?

This is funny because a liberal like Obama was attacked as a communist.

And Trump is attacked as literally Hitler.

I find it generally more conducive to ignore the screeching fringes.
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.
American 2L. No I will not answer your legal question.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006

Postby Ostroeuropa » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:04 pm

Hemmingstedt tho.

Yes, you should always support an armed peasantry. The problems of the US are cultural, not gun related.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister

Founded: Jun 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:22 am

Genivaria wrote:This is funny because a liberal like Obama was attacked as a communist.

Obama was barely a liberal.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:39 am

every one should be pro second amendment. Left, right, center, back, side corner, too (Maybe not the top so much but every one else), we all should support the right of Americans to bare arms
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:42 am

The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:
Genivaria wrote:This is funny because a liberal like Obama was attacked as a communist.

Obama was barely a liberal.

The only thing liberal about Obama was he was a neoliberal warhawk establishment pawn. Her received millions of dollars in donations from wall street back in 2008, his FBI investigated and helped to shut down occupy wall street in 2011, he drone struck and killed innocent civilians in pakistan, he helped NATO overthrow mummar gaddafi which plunged Libya into chaos, he helped arm the Syrian rebels and he refused to enforce anti trust laws. Obama was a disappointment, not a revolutionary
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:07 am

Rojava Free State wrote:every one should be pro second amendment. Left, right, center, back, side corner, too (Maybe not the top so much but every one else), we all should support the right of Americans to bare arms

Truth. The right applies to ALL Americans, regardless of politics (or race etc).
Last edited by Big Jim P on Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.
I edit my posts to fix typos.

Peoples Republic of Karlsruhe
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Peoples Republic of Karlsruhe » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:19 am

Using Leftist and Liberal synonymously
God-damnit America xD

And Yes l support the idea of liberal and leftist Militias in the US
Last edited by Peoples Republic of Karlsruhe on Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:21 am

Peoples Republic of Karlsruhe wrote:Using Leftist and Liberal synonymously
God-damnit America xD

And Yes l support the idea of liberal and leftist Militias in the US

In America they are synonymous.
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.
I edit my posts to fix typos.

First American Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby First American Empire » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:09 am

In the short term, we should have armed militias to defend ourselves from all the Right-Wing armed militias in America. However, we're never going to be able to outgun them without control over the military, so we should seek a repeal of the Second Amendment in the long term to level the playing field.

(Armed revolution in the United States is basically impossible. I'm not opposed to it in general, but I'm a pragmatist and it would be easier for the Left to work within the system to take control.)

Iraeska wrote:
Left unity won't happen

*cries*
The American Empire is a socially progressive absolute monarchy run by the heirs of Emperor Norton. It started off at MT but has rapidly advanced to PMT through interdimensional travel. All NSstats are used, except for tax rate and population. Factbooks are currently under reconstruction.

The Chuck
Minister

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:12 am

First American Empire wrote:In the short term, we should have armed militias to defend ourselves from all the Right-Wing armed militias in America. However, we're never going to be able to outgun them without control over the military, so we should seek a repeal of the Second Amendment in the long term to level the playing field.

(Armed revolution in the United States is basically impossible. I'm not opposed to it in general, but I'm a pragmatist and it would be easier for the Left to work within the system to take control.)

Iraeska wrote:
Left unity won't happen

*cries*

:roll: Why is it that many on the left want a civil war when many don't even support the right to bear arms for all Americans... it's almost like they want tyrannical contro... oh...
I advocate for violence every single day. I work in the arms industry.
In-Character Advertisement Space:
The Chuck wholly endorses Wolf Armaments, Lauzanexport CDT, and
Silverport Dockyards Ltd.

"Keep your guns... and buy more guns!" - Kitty Werthmann, Austrian Nazi Regime Survivor
Roof Korea, Best Korea. Hippity Hoppity, 내 재산에서 꺼져.
Pro: Liberty/Freedoms of the Individual, Unrestricted firearms ownership
-Slava-
Ukraini

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:15 am

First American Empire wrote:...we should seek a repeal of the Second Amendment in the long term to level the playing field.

Good luck with that. Even a good chunk of left wingers wouldn't support something that stupid, and only 21% of Americans overall.

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:28 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
First American Empire wrote:...we should seek a repeal of the Second Amendment in the long term to level the playing field.

Good luck with that. Even a good chunk of left wingers wouldn't support something that stupid, and only 21% of Americans overall.

Fastest way to start a shooting civil war in the US is to outlaw the 2A and try forced disarmament of the populace.

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:27 pm

First American Empire wrote:In the short term, we should have armed militias to defend ourselves from all the Right-Wing armed militias in America. However, we're never going to be able to outgun them without control over the military, so we should seek a repeal of the Second Amendment in the long term to level the playing field.

Iraeska wrote:
Left unity won't happen

*cries*

I wouldn't say a revolution in america is impossible at all. If enough people were convinced that one was needed, I think it not only could happen but could succeed

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:28 pm

The Chuck wrote:

*cries*

:roll: Why is it that many on the left want a civil war when many don't even support the right to bear arms for all Americans... it's almost like they want tyrannical contro... oh...

No sane person should wanna see Americans killing Americans over bullshit

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:31 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:Good luck with that. Even a good chunk of left wingers wouldn't support something that stupid, and only 21% of Americans overall.

Fastest way to start a shooting civil war in the US is to outlaw the 2A and try forced disarmament of the populace.

Yes, anyone who thinks that would go smoothly is out of touch.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:35 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:every one should be pro second amendment. Left, right, center, back, side corner, too (Maybe not the top so much but every one else), we all should support the right of Americans to bare arms

*** Warned for grave-digging. ***

DO NOT POST IN THREADS THAT HAVE NOT HAD A NEW POST IN MORE THAN FOUR WEEKS. THAT'S FOUR WEEKS, ONE MONTH. DON'T.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General