NATION

PASSWORD

War plans with Iran requested by White House

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What do?

Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran. (War.)
31%
Don't start another war. (Peace.)
69%

Total votes : 139

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Founded: Aug 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:12 am

Ausinia wrote:
Trumptonium1 wrote:
To bomb Australia?

What, no! I didn’t read it right! No! I’m from Australia, no!

:rofl:

Pardon for my late entrance.
Like some previous posters, I'm simply against any war with Iran because the Middle East needs some stability, and Europe doesn't need more refugees to flood into their countries.

Risottia wrote:Last time the US and their allies installed a dictator in Persia, somehow Persia got an Islamic Revolution and Khomeini as Supreme Leader after a while.
Or maybe you prefer to talk about the yuuuge success that has been the US support for Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. Does Osama Bin Laden ring a bell, either?

'Murica should just avoid invading the MENA area, period. Just staying clear out of it would be even better.

^ This
Last edited by Samudera Darussalam on Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:14 am

Ausinia wrote:
Trumptonium1 wrote:
To bomb Australia?

What, no! I didn’t read it right! No! I’m from Australia, no!

To bomb New Zealand, then?
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Ausinia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ausinia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:40 am

Ausinia wrote:What, no! I didn’t read it right! No! I’m from Australia, no!

sure. why not the kiwis?
[url]Discord, cus why not [To be fixed][/url]
-Astoria wrote:‘WE'RE NOT COMMUNISTS, DAMMIT!’

Then explain the hammer-and-sickle on your flag. Otherwise, X.
This nation does not completely agree with my views.
Cooperation, Command, Control
THE UNITED COMMONWEALTH of AUSINIA
The Ausinian National:Due to recent baby booms in Ausinia, a general board has being formed, the leaders in new ways of fair population control. Suggested methods already include standardised testing in schools, for the most fit and intelligent to stand out.

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:03 am

Taking a leaf out of Milo Minderbinder's book, Trump has done a deal with the Russians to bomb the US's own military facilities.
Everything is intertwinkled

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:03 am

Ausinia wrote:

sure. why not the kiwis?

In all honesty though, I couldn't really see the Commonwealth to support this war plans.
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

Unstoppable Empire of Doom
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Unstoppable Empire of Doom » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:39 am

Dushan wrote:What happened:
Bolton being bored, requesting plans for a war he knows thats probably not going to happen anyways.

Sums it up nicely. Iran is too big, has too many mountains, and it has a huge population. Any war would be bloody. Any occupation would be doubly so.
Whoever said "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink" has clearly never drown a horse.

Frievolk
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:50 am

Something I find hilarious, maybe not necessarily related to the fact that Bolton's playing another game against the Mullahs in Iran, is the utterly retarded American Exceptionalist view that suggests the Islamic Revolution had anything to do with the Coup d'état of 28 Mordad. It didn't. The Shah had become too authoritarian (too Authoritarian, even for the Carter Administration), too deluded in his power, and had played with the country's religious background too much. He agitated the Lefties (Who were, of course, further emboldened by The USSR), suppressed the intellectuals and the Academia, and much worse he allowed Islamic radicalism (Which was on the rise in the MENA anyway) to fester, get mixed with Leftist revolutionary thought (specifically ML), and then lacked the balls to deal with the protesters accordingly when they inevitably came out to play (so much so that the revolution might be one of the most bloodless violent revolutions in its era).
The Coup d'état of 28 Mordad (the so-called Operation Ajax) had nothing to do with it. The Capitulation, maybe; but America was not the cause, direct or indirect, to the revolution. It was the people of Iran being retardedly obtuse. Something they've learned and woe about every single day nowadays.
Last edited by Frievolk on Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOC
Libertarian Constitutionalist
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates
♔ The Frievolker Empire || Frievolker Kaiserreik
♔ The Realm in the Sun || De Reik in de Sonne
♔ Led by Kaiser Johann, Part of the Erstwelt
Never forget that the Muslims literally made up a new meaningless name for him when they forgot the name of Adam's Firstborn.

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:06 am

Frievolk wrote:Something I find hilarious, maybe not necessarily related to the fact that Bolton's playing another game against the Mullahs in Iran, is the utterly retarded American Exceptionalist view that suggests the Islamic Revolution had anything to do with the Coup d'état of 28 Mordad. It didn't. The Shah had become too authoritarian (too Authoritarian, even for the Carter Administration), too deluded in his power, and had played with the country's religious background too much. He agitated the Lefties (Who were, of course, further emboldened by The USSR), suppressed the intellectuals and the Academia, and much worse he allowed Islamic radicalism (Which was on the rise in the MENA anyway) to fester, get mixed with Leftist revolutionary thought (specifically ML), and then lacked the balls to deal with the protesters accordingly when they inevitably came out to play (so much so that the revolution might be one of the most bloodless violent revolutions in its era).
The Coup d'état of 28 Mordad (the so-called Operation Ajax) had nothing to do with it. The Capitulation, maybe; but America was not the cause, direct or indirect, to the revolution. It was the people of Iran being retardedly obtuse. Something they've learned and woe about every single day nowadays.

Am I correct if I say that most Iranians hold the current Islamic regime closer to their arse than their heart?

Frievolk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:08 am

Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
Frievolk wrote:Something I find hilarious, maybe not necessarily related to the fact that Bolton's playing another game against the Mullahs in Iran, is the utterly retarded American Exceptionalist view that suggests the Islamic Revolution had anything to do with the Coup d'état of 28 Mordad. It didn't. The Shah had become too authoritarian (too Authoritarian, even for the Carter Administration), too deluded in his power, and had played with the country's religious background too much. He agitated the Lefties (Who were, of course, further emboldened by The USSR), suppressed the intellectuals and the Academia, and much worse he allowed Islamic radicalism (Which was on the rise in the MENA anyway) to fester, get mixed with Leftist revolutionary thought (specifically ML), and then lacked the balls to deal with the protesters accordingly when they inevitably came out to play (so much so that the revolution might be one of the most bloodless violent revolutions in its era).

Am I correct if I say that most Iranians hold the current Islamic regime closer to their arse than their heart?

I can't speak for every Iranian, but every Iranian I've met (and, well, I can safely say I have indeed met a lot of them) holds the regime closer to their arse than their heart.
OOC
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates
Never forget that the Muslims literally made up a new meaningless name for him when they forgot the name of Adam's Firstborn.

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:09 am

Frievolk wrote:

I can't speak for every Iranian, but every Iranian I've met (and, well, I can safely say I have indeed met a lot of them) holds the regime closer to their arse than their heart.

Then it is time for Iran to finally become a democracy.

Took 'em long enough considering they were longing it for decades.

Frievolk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:15 am

Frievolk wrote:I can't speak for every Iranian, but every Iranian I've met (and, well, I can safely say I have indeed met a lot of them) holds the regime closer to their arse than their heart.

Then it is time for Iran to finally become a democracy.

Took 'em long enough considering they were longing it for decades.

Seriously, nothing hindered that path as much as the Revolution's Islamic Wings. Sure, The Constitutionalists and the Nationalists were alright, but they had little political power seeing as the Mujahideen and the Tudeh Party openly assassinated individuals on the street and half the country's politicians were already swearing allegiance to Khomeyni and Taleqani.
Had the Shah not backed down like he did (though, it is highly debated, even in Iran, whether or not him backing down was a conspiracy by Bakhtiar and his fellows in the National Front) and showed a little backbone, the crisis of 79 may have passed and by 81, after Mohammadreza's inevitable death from his terminal cancer, Iran may have democratized like it should have.
Last edited by Frievolk on Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOC
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates

Myrensis
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2010

Postby Myrensis » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:16 am

Vassenor wrote:I thought the whole point of voting Trump was that he'd make sure America never got into wars again.

That was yesterday. 10 minutes after Trump announced the invasion his supporters would loudly be telling everyone how they have always 100% supported more wars and in fact that's exactly why they voted for Trump, because they knew he was the bravest warhawk who would make sure America continues and expands it's vital role as the world's police!

Any suggestion to the contrary is FAKE NEWS!

Frievolk wrote:

So they would totally welcome us as liberators!! Hmm, why does that sound oddly familiar...

Frievolk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:44 am

Myrensis wrote:
Frievolk wrote:I can't speak for every Iranian, but every Iranian I've met (and, well, I can safely say I have indeed met a lot of them) holds the regime closer to their arse than their heart.

So they would totally welcome us as liberators!! Hmm, why does that sound oddly familiar...

We probably would if your doctrine for "What to do after we win a war in one week" wasn't utterly and completely retarded.
OOC
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:47 am

Frievolk wrote:
Myrensis wrote:

We probably would if your doctrine for "What to do after we win a war in one week" wasn't utterly and completely retarded.

Organizing the transition to democracy and overseeing the first elections in cooperation with the Iranians would certainly be a start.

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:15 am

Unstoppable Empire of Doom wrote:
Bolton being bored, requesting plans for a war he knows thats probably not going to happen anyways.

Sums it up nicely. Iran is too big, has too many mountains, and it has a huge population. Any war would be bloody. Any occupation would be doubly so.

While it does sum it up nicely, the plane only called for air strikes, not an occupation.
War does not always require complete occupation of all the opposing sides territory.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Sahansahiye Iran
Minister

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sahansahiye Iran » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:01 am

Novus America wrote:
Unstoppable Empire of Doom wrote:Sums it up nicely. Iran is too big, has too many mountains, and it has a huge population. Any war would be bloody. Any occupation would be doubly so.

While it does sum it up nicely, the plane only called for air strikes, not an occupation.

Erm. How do you know that? Am I missing something in those articles?
User formerly known as United Islamic Commonwealth and al-Ismailiyya.
Also known as Khosrow, Zarhust, or Lanian Empire.
Praetorian Prefect of EMN
Senator of EMN
Legatus of the Marian Legion
Integrator of EMN
A GCR Supreme General of the Contrarians
Iranian civic/cultural nationalist
Monarchist
Zoroastrian

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:07 am

Sahansahiye Iran wrote:
Novus America wrote:

Erm. How do you know that? Am I missing something in those articles?

“The White House asked the Pentagon to draw up options for military strikes against Iran in the wake of two incidents in Iraq last September when mortar shells and rockets fired by militias exploded near US diplomatic facilities, it was reported on Sunday.”

The term strikes indicates air strikes, not a full out invasion and occupation.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Sahansahiye Iran
Minister

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sahansahiye Iran » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:09 pm

Novus America wrote:
Sahansahiye Iran wrote:Erm. How do you know that? Am I missing something in those articles?

“The White House asked the Pentagon to draw up options for military strikes against Iran in the wake of two incidents in Iraq last September when mortar shells and rockets fired by militias exploded near US diplomatic facilities, it was reported on Sunday.”

The term strikes indicates air strikes, not a full out invasion and occupation.

Erm. No, it doesn't necessarily always just mean air strikes. That's flimsy at best. Man, I thought you had some cool link to show. Never mind then.
User formerly known as United Islamic Commonwealth and al-Ismailiyya.
Also known as Khosrow, Zarhust, or Lanian Empire.
Praetorian Prefect of EMN
Senator of EMN
Legatus of the Marian Legion
Integrator of EMN
A GCR Supreme General of the Contrarians
Iranian civic/cultural nationalist
Monarchist
Zoroastrian

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:07 pm

Unstoppable Empire of Doom wrote:

And that Iran is not Iraq. Or Afghanistan.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:14 pm

The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:And that Iran is not Iraq. Or Afghanistan.

That is why it is even more exciting, if the opponent in question can actually mount a defense. The US hasn't gone up against a good conventional military in some time. I'd like for the invasion of Iran to eclipse the German invasion of Poland in grandeur and spectacle.

I will call the invasion plans for Iran- Case Green as opposed to Case White or Case Blue. ;)
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:16 pm

Saiwania wrote:

That is why it is even more exciting, if the opponent in question can actually mount a defense. The US hasn't gone up against a good conventional military in some time. I'd like for the invasion of Iran to eclipse the German invasion of Poland in grandeur and spectacle.

I will call the invasion plans for Iran- Case Green as opposed to Case White or Case Blue. ;)

I do think if the war gets prolonged due to some unexpected aspects, the population will be up in arms similar with what happened with Vietnam.

Skualverga
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Skualverga » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:23 pm

I support our troops and thank America is the greatest country and if the there is a war I will support it to . Iran is a threat that much I know .also people want to talk shit about America but none of the countries of the world are perfect I might not like somethings but I stand by my right to defend my country .
Last edited by Skualverga on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Internationalist Bastard
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Internationalist Bastard » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:42 pm

Saiwania wrote:

I feel like the Iranians would put up better fight than the Polish honestly
Call me Alex, I insist
I am a girl, damnit
Slut Pride. So like, real talk, I’m a porn actress. We’re not all bimbos. I do not give out my information or videos to avoid conflict with site policy. I’m happy to talk about the industry or my thoughts on the career but I will not be showing you any goodies. Sorry
“Whatever you are, be a good one” Abe Lincoln

Internationalist Bastard
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Internationalist Bastard » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:43 pm

Skualverga wrote:I support our troops and thank America is the greatest country and if the there is a war I will support it to . Iran is a threat that much I know .also people want to talk shit about America but none of the countries of the world are perfect I might not like somethings but I stand by my right to defend my country .

Innocence is the first casualty of war
Call me Alex, I insist
I am a girl, damnit
Slut Pride. So like, real talk, I’m a porn actress. We’re not all bimbos. I do not give out my information or videos to avoid conflict with site policy. I’m happy to talk about the industry or my thoughts on the career but I will not be showing you any goodies. Sorry
“Whatever you are, be a good one” Abe Lincoln

De Imperii Americae
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby De Imperii Americae » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:48 pm

This might be the only time I actually agree with Ostoeuropa. A war with Iran would be a humanitarian and diplomatic disaster, and just a massive waste of money in general
★ The Empire of America ★ De Imperii Americae ★
"In deo speramus"

An autocratic, militaristic American empire birthed out of the chaos of the Articles of Confederation. (Most of that applies to the modern US, now that I think about it.)
This nation couldn't possibly represent my views less
brief description of De Imperii Americae

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General