NATION

PASSWORD

War plans with Iran requested by White House

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What do?

Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran. (War.)
31%
Don't start another war. (Peace.)
69%

Total votes : 139

Deltia
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Deltia » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:52 pm

Sahansahiye Iran wrote:
Deltia wrote:All I know is if there is a war, I’d pretend to be 18 and join the United States Army. I don’t give a damn if I die. As long as it’s for my nation, it’s good.

This isn't 1942, mate lol. To join, you need to provide an ID, Social Security Card, and birth certificate. You are also fingerprinted at least 4 times. And lying during enlistment is punishable by up to 10 years in prison.
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjT9O6FhO7fAhXuYN8KHWdhDZkQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.islamway.net%2Farticle%2F13855%2Fruling-on-helping-the-kuffaar-against-the-muslims&psig=AOvVaw2RFBAO7fpHcB1_OAAcME6P&ust=1547581382675439

So, you'd root for Daesh? Got ya. Thanks for showing more that my disgust is well-founded.

K I’ll convince my older sister to sign up then so she dies. I can’t care less that we’re family. She hates me, I hate her. Simple as that. She has also shown increasing desire to join the army recently.
The Empire of Deltia
Discord name: Fyre#5496. DM me anytime.
"Et Voila! Time for the Parliamentary Elections!"
- Me

I am a Christian but most people assume I’m Athiest bc of my behavior

The Population here is actually 54 million in the mainland and 330 million of you include the colonies.

TG me anytime. No ns stats here

Unlike some of my fellow Americans, I know that there are still a lot of good Iranians.

Burying Maduro in a shallow grave would be an insult to the worms
Right(Classical) Liberal. 15 year old heterosexual cisgender Danish-German-American male anti commie anti fascist

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:53 pm

The most effective way to conquer Iran is with cavalry, as seen by the Greeks,Parthians,Arabs,Turks,Mongols,etc etc.
Last edited by Skarten on Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:53 pm

Khataiy wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:I have read Al-Jazeera before, it's my fav news source. I have not seen any of this, so where have you seen it?

I am not going to look for articles to prove it

That is quite possibly one of the laziest things I have ever heard.

Your bias against Iran is painfully obvious.

Sahansahiye Iran wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:I didn't say anything about them.

Are they not Muslim?

Now to be fair, some people don't see them as Muslim.

They're more like this weird Satanic cult in more ways than one.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Sahansahiye Iran
Minister

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sahansahiye Iran » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:53 pm

Deltia wrote:
Sahansahiye Iran wrote:This isn't 1942, mate lol. To join, you need to provide an ID, Social Security Card, and birth certificate. You are also fingerprinted at least 4 times. And lying during enlistment is punishable by up to 10 years in prison.

So, you'd root for Daesh? Got ya. Thanks for showing more that my disgust is well-founded.

K I’ll convince my older sister to sign up then so she dies. I can’t care less that we’re family. She hates me, I hate her. Simple as that. She has also shown increasing desire to join the army recently.

Erm. Okay then...
User formerly known as United Islamic Commonwealth and al-Ismailiyya.
Also known as Khosrow, Zarhust, or Lanian Empire.
Praetorian Prefect of EMN
Senator of EMN
Legatus of the Marian Legion
Integrator of EMN
A GCR Supreme General of the Contrarians
Iranian civic/cultural nationalist
Monarchist
Zoroastrian

Frievolk
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:54 pm

Deltia wrote:
Sahansahiye Iran wrote:This isn't 1942, mate lol. To join, you need to provide an ID, Social Security Card, and birth certificate. You are also fingerprinted at least 4 times. And lying during enlistment is punishable by up to 10 years in prison.

In words of people much wiser than me:
Auzkhia wrote:This, kids, is what I call the pizza cutter: all edge, no point.
OOC
Libertarian Constitutionalist
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates
♔ The Frievolker Empire || Frievolker Kaiserreik
♔ The Realm in the Sun || De Reik in de Sonne
♔ Led by Kaiser Johann, Part of the Erstwelt
Never forget that the Muslims literally made up a new meaningless name for him when they forgot the name of Adam's Firstborn.

Nova Colombian Confederation
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Colombian Confederation » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:54 pm

eh, it doesn't really matter, they ain't moving troops after all. Plus, this is normal, "Si vis pacem, para bellum" and all that.
Nova Colombian Confederation

OH SHIT, IT'S ON!

Yo, it's me, -United Republic of Freedonia!. I got bored of that nation, i'm still keeping it active tho.
Btw, note that this nation is (mostly) based on my political views, but are taken with a wacky perspective and some things that NCC does are questionable. So don't take this nation seriously.
add 1492 posts
English is poop, help if mistake on dispatch or post.
So many layers of irony, that i think my skin can't breathe
hi im cringe
>wO

Sahansahiye Iran
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sahansahiye Iran » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:54 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Khataiy wrote:I am not going to look for articles to prove it

Sahansahiye Iran wrote:Are they not Muslim?

He's a Wahhabi. His bias is inherent.

And I know how some view it. I just seem to remember Amin generally opposing takfir against them. I may be misremembering, though.
Senator of EMN
Integrator of EMN
Monarchist
Zoroastrian

Greater Germany
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 24, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Greater Germany » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:55 pm

Such a war would probably be the one thing Chuck Schumer would support Trump over.
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
Not a NatSoc (Nazi) nation, am influenced as a July 20 Widerstand state with a constitutional monarchy. Previously used Wirmer's "Resistance" flag but found my current one and like it.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:58 pm

Deltia wrote:All I know is if there is a war, I’d pretend to be 18 and join the United States Army. I don’t give a damn if I die.

Nonsense.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:05 pm

What's the problem, exactly? Governments draw up war plans for all kinds of conflicts they never actually intend to get into. We had war a war plan for Canada, for fuck's sake.
Insert trite farewell here

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:05 pm

Deltia wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:It most likely won't be for your nation.

You saw that right?

Nah, you edited it after I quoted it. Sry.
Sahansahiye Iran wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:I didn't say anything about them.

Are they not Muslim?

I doubt that they are.
Sahansahiye Iran wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:

He's a Wahhabi. His bias is inherent.

And I know how some view it. I just seem to remember Amin generally opposing takfir against them. I may be misremembering, though.

When? And I oppose takfir against almost every Muslim but that's changing.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Uiiop » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:08 pm

Scomagia wrote:What's the problem, exactly? Governments draw up war plans for all kinds of conflicts they never actually intend to get into. We had war a war plan for Canada, for fuck's sake.

And that's makes this okay because? This being commonplace has nothing to do with the ethics of it.
#NSTransparency

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:12 pm

Uiiop wrote:
Scomagia wrote:What's the problem, exactly? Governments draw up war plans for all kinds of conflicts they never actually intend to get into. We had war a war plan for Canada, for fuck's sake.

And that's makes this okay because? This being commonplace has nothing to do with the ethics of it.

Is it unethical to draw up plans for something that likely will never happen? I could imagine beating someone around the head, but if I don't actually do it then where is the wrong in the nonexistent conduct, as that is what ethics is after all?
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Sahansahiye Iran
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sahansahiye Iran » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:12 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:When? And I oppose takfir against almost every Muslim but that's changing.

The bolded is obviously what led me to that conclusion.
Senator of EMN
Integrator of EMN
Monarchist
Zoroastrian

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Postby Uiiop » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:18 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Uiiop wrote:And that's makes this okay because? This being commonplace has nothing to do with the ethics of it.

Is it unethical to draw up plans for something that likely will never happen? I could imagine beating someone around the head, but if I don't actually do it then where is the wrong in the nonexistent conduct, as that is what ethics is after all?

Hypothetically speaking? It depends. An action like telling yourself at night what you might do in morning can affect your mind to make doing said thing easier. But that's hardly a guarantee by itself.

However in this case multiple state official are taking this as sign of them thinking about if not an action that could by itself result in direct conflict.
#NSTransparency

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:19 pm

Uiiop wrote:

It's unethical to not draw up war plans. Do you think it's appropriate to just pretend war doesn't happen and then hurriedly draw up shoddy plans when war actually does happen?
Insert trite farewell here

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:19 pm

Deltia wrote:

And im the God Emperor of Man.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:20 pm

Sahansahiye Iran wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:When? And I oppose takfir against almost every Muslim but that's changing.

The bolded is obviously what led me to that conclusion.

I don't see how.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Adad Civilization
Envoy

Founded: Jun 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Adad Civilization » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:20 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Deltia wrote:

But what if you actually are?
IC Year: 5278 BCE
Were NSstats even invented yet in 5000 BC?
Inspired by Haja-Mishu (but I am not a puppet of him) and Mesopotamian Kingdoms of the early bronze age
Heavily retconned, ignore everything before 2021
Proud member of the >50K gang | My Q&A | My Discord: BimmyTheGreat#2883, HMU
Hamatu and Haja-Mishu are both cool people

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:20 pm

Deltia wrote:

Look dude as someone who joined the military to get out of a shitty homelife get help first. Because the military is a big commitment and you can’t just leave it
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Sahansahiye Iran
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sahansahiye Iran » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:21 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Deltia wrote:

Blood for the Blood God. Skulls for the Skull Throne.

Down with the weak Emperor.
Senator of EMN
Integrator of EMN
Monarchist
Zoroastrian

Frievolk
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:21 pm

Uiiop wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Is it unethical to draw up plans for something that likely will never happen? I could imagine beating someone around the head, but if I don't actually do it then where is the wrong in the nonexistent conduct, as that is what ethics is after all?

Hypothetically speaking? It depends. An action like telling yourself at night what you might do in morning can affect your mind to make doing said thing easier. But that's hardly a guarantee by itself.

However in this case multiple state official are taking this as sign of them thinking about if not an action that could by itself result in direct conflict.

And? Failing to prepare is preparing to fail. Especially in case of war. Hell, most of the time even the plans don't work in the first place, but to just not have a plan of invasion against the most troublesome sovereign state in the Middle East is just plain stupidity.
OOC
Libertarian Constitutionalist
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates
♔ The Frievolker Empire || Frievolker Kaiserreik
♔ The Realm in the Sun || De Reik in de Sonne
♔ Led by Kaiser Johann, Part of the Erstwelt
Never forget that the Muslims literally made up a new meaningless name for him when they forgot the name of Adam's Firstborn.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:22 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Uiiop wrote:And that's makes this okay because? This being commonplace has nothing to do with the ethics of it.

Just to clarify. The pentagon doesn’t need congressional approval to draw up war plans. So I have no idea what the White House is doing
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:23 pm

Adad Civilization wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:And im the God Emperor of Man.

But what if you actually are?

Well i am.

I was just stating a fact.

Sahansahiye Iran wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:And im the God Emperor of Man.

Blood for the Blood God. Skulls for the Skull Throne.

Down with the weak Emperor.
Heresy
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Postby Uiiop » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:24 pm

Scomagia wrote:

It's unethical to not draw up war plans. Do you think it's appropriate to just pretend war doesn't happen and then hurriedly draw up shoddy plans when war actually does happen?

The "this" i was referring to was more out of this particular instance than in general.
And right now it seems the only thing making this war a possible thing is the US state's(Or at least the secretary's) own trigger finger.
You don't need to be an anti-prepper to be against this instance.
#NSTransparency

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General