NATION

PASSWORD

TET: All Under Heaven

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Talvezout
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:27 pm

I have my driving test tomorrow and even though I already know how to drive I'm low key having a lot of anxiety about it ughhh
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Yagon
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Yagon » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:31 pm

Heloin wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Our water heater is FUBAR. Dead as Elvis...on the upside, means I don't have to do the dishes tonight.

Shouldn't of given your water heater so many peanut butter and banana sandwichs.

That's a problem that doesn't get enough attention nationally.

Yagon
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Yagon » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:33 pm

Talvezout wrote:I have my driving test tomorrow and even though I already know how to drive I'm low key having a lot of anxiety about it ughhh

I took the American driving test from a prior century, and it consisted of an elderly man clutching the bridge of his nose and describing the pain of his sinuses while occasionally looking up and telling me what he wanted me to do, then he complimented my Dad's truck's seat cover and passed me.

I hope you pass. I'd bet you will.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:36 pm

I took my driving test in my moms then car. A tiny little Pontiac that I was too tall for, and wound up curbing it when I had to park backwards in an alley. Big shock, I failed.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:40 pm

I never took my driving test because I'm poor and can't afford anything having to do with driving.

Yay!
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012

Postby New haven america » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:42 pm

Andsed wrote:So I have been playing this game called first strike final hour which is a game that is based all around nuclear war which caused me to do some digging on what nuclear war would really mean. And just holy shit I just had a realization on how horrifying nuclear war would actually be. Like it is some really scary stuff and I might have trouble sleeping tonight.

Just so you know the US lost 14 nuclear missiles during the Cold War, and the USSR is projected to have lost even more.

Sleep well~
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:43 pm

I took my driving test the day before I started work with the city and several days after they had assigned me a truck for work.

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:45 pm

Heloin wrote:I took my driving test the day before I started work with the city and several days after they had assigned me a truck for work.

I drive a FIAT.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:46 pm

Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
Heloin wrote:I took my driving test the day before I started work with the city and several days after they had assigned me a truck for work.

I drive a FIAT.

That sounds like a word bankers would use.

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:47 pm

Heloin wrote:
I drive a FIAT.

That sounds like a word bankers would use.

I said a FIAT, not a Ferrari.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:49 pm

Heloin wrote:That sounds like a word bankers would use.

I still have no idea what that first one is, and a ferrari is a kind of racing car right?

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:51 pm

Heloin wrote:

I still have no idea what that first one is, and a ferrari is a kind of racing car right?

That’s what a Model T Ford owner would say...

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:56 pm

Heloin wrote:I still have no idea what that first one is, and a ferrari is a kind of racing car right?

I don't know anything about cars, literally. I know one company made a van that looks like the one from Scooby Doo, and the other Italian racing car company used to make tractors. That's it.

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:06 pm

Heloin wrote:

I don't know anything about cars, literally. I know one company made a van that looks like the one from Scooby Doo, and the other Italian racing car company used to make tractors. That's it.

Well FIAT used to make tanks...

They were not particularly great tanks, and frankly, that reflects in their cars.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:07 pm

Heloin wrote:I don't know anything about cars, literally. I know one company made a van that looks like the one from Scooby Doo, and the other Italian racing car company used to make tractors. That's it.

Well FIAT used to make tanks...

They were not particularly great tanks, and frankly, that reflects in their cars.

Oh lovely!

I wouldn't know.

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 18, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dresderstan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:11 pm

Heloin wrote:

FIAT is an Italian automobile manufacturer and they mostly are known for small hatchbacks like the Fiat 500. Ferrari is another Italian automobile manufacturer, but they do faster cars, largely luxury sports and super cars capable of over 200 mph, as well as a racing division in Formula 1.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:15 pm

Dresderstan wrote:
Heloin wrote:I don't know anything about cars, literally. I know one company made a van that looks like the one from Scooby Doo, and the other Italian racing car company used to make tractors. That's it.

FIAT is an Italian automobile manufacturer and they mostly are known for small hatchbacks like the Fiat 500. Ferrari is another Italian automobile manufacturer, but they do faster cars, largely luxury sports and super cars capable of over 200 mph, as well as a racing division in Formula 1.

Firstly I don't know what a hatchback is. Secondly, oh cool! So I assume that them and the other Italian company are what things like the sports cars in GTA are based on.

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:20 pm

Heloin wrote:
Dresderstan wrote:FIAT is an Italian automobile manufacturer and they mostly are known for small hatchbacks like the Fiat 500. Ferrari is another Italian automobile manufacturer, but they do faster cars, largely luxury sports and super cars capable of over 200 mph, as well as a racing division in Formula 1.

Firstly I don't know what a hatchback is. Secondly, oh cool! So I assume that them and the other Italian company are what things like the sports cars in GTA are based on.

Just look up a few photos

Eventually when you go to buy your own car, you’ll see that a lot of affordable cars have sedan and hatchback variants. Hatchbacks tend to be more expensive. Sedans are your typical lowered trunk in the back cars. Hatchbacks open up into the cabin basically, the trunk goes kind of into the car. You can look them on google images if need be.

I just bought a Ford Focus sedan for example, which has a hatchback variant.

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Go home Polska wins NS.
United Mongol Hordes wrote:Polska isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hurd you miss the point more than Polska misses Poland.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 18, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dresderstan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:20 pm

Heloin wrote:
Dresderstan wrote:FIAT is an Italian automobile manufacturer and they mostly are known for small hatchbacks like the Fiat 500. Ferrari is another Italian automobile manufacturer, but they do faster cars, largely luxury sports and super cars capable of over 200 mph, as well as a racing division in Formula 1.

Hatchbacks are basically cars with a hatch-type rear door that opens upwards, and often a shared volume for the passenger and cargo areas. The Volkswagen Golf is one such example of a hatchback.

Yes.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:25 pm

Dresderstan wrote:
Heloin wrote:Firstly I don't know what a hatchback is. Secondly, oh cool! So I assume that them and the other Italian company are what things like the sports cars in GTA are based on.

Hatchbacks are basically cars with a hatch-type rear door that opens upwards, and often a shared volume for the passenger and cargo areas. The Volkswagen Golf is one such example of a hatchback.

Yes.

Alrighty, that makes sense. I'm learning so much about automobiles :p
Last edited by Heloin on Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:30 pm

Heloin wrote:
Dresderstan wrote:Hatchbacks are basically cars with a hatch-type rear door that opens upwards, and often a shared volume for the passenger and cargo areas. The Volkswagen Golf is one such example of a hatchback.

Yes.

Alrighty, that makes sense. I'm learning so much about automobiles :p

Another thing to learn: cars, like houses, are pits into which you throw money.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Ardrentt
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardrentt » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:13 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Heloin wrote:Alrighty, that makes sense. I'm learning so much about automobiles :p

Another thing to learn: cars, like houses, are pits into which you throw money.

Do you get to keep the pit at least?

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:45 am

Ardrentt wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Another thing to learn: cars, like houses, are pits into which you throw money.

Do you get to keep the pit at least?

Oh, the pit is yours. The money, however, passes right through the pit, into another dimension, never to be seen by you again.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:45 am

Heloin wrote:

Lamborghini is the supercar maker that started out as a tractor company.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:50 am

Vassenor wrote:

Lamborghini is the supercar maker that started out as a tractor company.

And like many Italian words, it sounds like it could be a type of pasta.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General