NATION

PASSWORD

Why do/don't you believe in a higher power? (Any HP)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:30 am

Korhal IVV wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:You formulated a response based on sources. If there was no creation involved in that then University students everywhere would be constantly getting accused of plagiarism.

Was it mmmmyyyyyyy idea?

To formulate a response and to choose those sources? Yes. Unless you are admitting to plagiarism...?
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:33 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Korhal IVV wrote:Was it mmmmyyyyyyy idea?

To formulate a response and to choose those sources? Yes. Unless you are admitting to plagiarism...?

I was quoting.
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Thuzbekistan
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Thuzbekistan » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:35 am

Korhal IVV wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:To formulate a response and to choose those sources? Yes. Unless you are admitting to plagiarism...?

I was quoting.

Theres BBC code for that. [Quote ] [/quote ]

Just fyi
Proud Member of The Western Isles, the Best RP region on NS.
An RP I'm Proud of: Orsandian Civil War
An INTJ, -A/-T

Economic Left/Right: -5.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.72

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:35 am

Korhal IVV wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:To formulate a response and to choose those sources? Yes. Unless you are admitting to plagiarism...?

I was quoting.

So you formulated a response to a question by choosing sources. Those quotes didn't just materialise on this thread with no input and interpretation from you.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Thuzbekistan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Thuzbekistan » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:38 am

Korhal IVV wrote:I was quoting.

So you formulated a response to a question by choosing sources. Those quotes didn't just materialise on this thread with no input and interpretation from you.

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that has a problem with the article bs
An INTJ, -A/-T

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:39 am

Thuzbekistan wrote:
Korhal IVV wrote:I was quoting.

Theres BBC code for that. [Quote ] [/quote ]

Just fyi

Yes, use quote code if you are quoting, as otherwise it does start to look like plagiarism.

Wave on, wave on

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:13 am

Messalianism is the only true form of Christianity change my mind

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:21 am

Korhal IVV wrote:
Thuzbekistan wrote:According to you mate. Theres hundreds of millions of Christians who simply disagree and many can defend their points biblically.

Calvin, Luther, and Zwingli are all laughing at you from the afterlife.

Let’s not forget literally most if not every non-liberal, n Reformed/Evangelical theologian like RC Sproul, Paul Washer, John Macarthur, etc, etc, etc.

And the authors of the Epistles would disagree as well.

And where have I ever said that Calvinists are the only “true” ones? Just your dreams.

The term “Christian” is widely used to describe those who believe in Jesus Christ. However, there are many differing ideas as to just what this term means. Believers in Christ are generally anxious to be considered true Christians—but just what is a genuine follower of Jesus Christ? Is there any way to know for sure?

The Bible uses the word Christian only three times (Acts 11:26; 26:28; 1 Peter 4:16). However, various aspects of Christianity are mentioned abundantly. For example, the apostle Paul stated that we should imitate him just as he imitated Christ (1 Corinthians 11:1). This is a major step in defining a true Christian, but there is more.

The Bible gives us additional details. For instance, an individual must be called by God to be considered a Christian. In the parable of the wedding feast, our Savior stated that “many are called, but few are chosen” (Matthew 22:14). The calling has to do with an invitation. Many are invited, but only some answer the call.

What is this calling from, and what is it a calling to? It is a calling “out of darkness into [God’s] marvelous light” (1 Peter 2:9). God calls whom He will out of the spiritual darkness and deceit that smothers this world and reveals to them His wondrous truth. That calling entails an understanding of that precious truth. If we obediently respond to that calling and come out of spiritual darkness, we are also among the chosen (same verse).

Then, if we remain faithful, we can claim the promise that we will join the King of Kings in the family of God (Revelation 17:14). As this verse explains, to be eligible to receive that promise we must be “called, chosen, and faithful.”

But what kind of people does God call? “For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called. But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty” (1 Corinthians 1:26-27; compare Matthew 11:25-26).

Jesus emphasized that tax collectors and harlots would enter the Kingdom of God before those who were often perceived as being righteous in His day. Typically, those looked on as righteous were in reality self-righteous. On the other hand, those of low standing are more likely to see their inadequacy and their need to repent of their sins. Generally speaking, they also will be more inclined to appreciate the forgiveness made possible through Jesus’ sacrifice (Matthew 21:23, 31-32).

Therefore, God most often calls people who don’t view themselves as high and mighty but who instead see problems in themselves. They are more humble and teachable because they can more readily recognize and acknowledge their human weaknesses. They are people who have made mistakes and know it.

That is part of the reason God chooses “not many wise, not many noble,” but rather those that the world often views as foolish and weak. They more readily see their need for God’s help. On the other hand, those who see themselves as powerful and self-sufficient usually fail to see a need for God or His help.

Is God now calling the majority of humanity? Most people think so. But if He is, He clearly has not succeeded. After Jesus Christ’s 3½-year ministry, only 120 disciples were gathered on the day of Pentecost to become part of the Church Jesus began. Christ’s true followers are described as a “little flock” (Luke 12:32), following a narrow and difficult pathway of life that very few find amidst the prevailing culture of “this present evil age” (Matthew 7:13-14; Galatians 1:4).

Jesus Himself made it clear that merely using His name does not make one a Christian. “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven” (Matthew 7:21, emphasis added throughout).

Did you catch that? It is possible to worship God and His Son, but still not be a real Christian! Christ warned of those who would institute their own practices and doctrines and wrongly expect God to honor such worship: “Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying: ‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth, and honor Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men’ ” (Matthew 15:7-9).

Jesus noted that although God is clearly the object of their worship, since they choose to worship Him in their own way, as opposed to the way God tells us to worship Him, such worship is vain and useless.

By contrast, a true Christian will worship God according to God’s instruction in His holy Word, the Bible, and not according to his own devices and imagination (Deuteronomy 12:32). The Bible emphasizes that we should strive daily to live “by every word of God” (Luke 4:4; Deuteronomy 8:3). While no one can ever earn salvation—as it is God’s freely given gift (Romans 6:23)—God will not give salvation to anyone who stubbornly persists in doing things his own way.

Ever since Adam and Eve yielded to Satan’s deception, most people simply have not correctly understood God’s truth. They do not realize that Satan the devil has continued to deceive the overwhelming majority of humankind (see 1 John 5:19; Revelation 12:9). In so many cases, people are sincerely doing what they think is right. They simply do not understand that Satan, the real “god of this age” (2 Corinthians 4:4), has extended his deceitful, lying ways even into teachings and practices embraced by mainstream Christianity (2 Corinthians 11:13-15).

The real test begins when God opens one’s mind to His truth. Once the Creator begins to reveal truth to a person, that individual bears a responsibility to act on it. If that person doesn’t show a willingness to live by what he or she has learned, God will add nothing more to his or her understanding. The person has shown that he really doesn’t want to do even what he has already learned.

To be a true Christian, a person must take a vital step: He or she must truly repent. After the apostle Peter’s powerful sermon on the day the New Testament Church began, many were “cut to the heart” when they recognized that it was their sins for which Jesus was crucified (Acts 2:37).

Peter’s striking sermon had made it clear just who Jesus was—the promised future King whom God had raised from the dead and by doing so had made Him both Lord and Christ (verses 29-32, 36). Their sins had necessitated the death of the very Son of God!

They then “said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, ‘Men and brethren, what shall we do?’ Then Peter said to them, ‘Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call’ ” (verses 37-39).

We see here several crucial steps to becoming a true Christian. First, a person must be called by God. Then he or she must repent of past sins. Although repentance is a major subject requiring more explanation than is possible here, we should realize that it is far more than merely an emotional experience. It is truly a life-changing process.

To repent means to change, to turn around, to stop going the way you are going. It is to be truly sorry for your sins, as well as to have sorrow for your inclination and desire to do the wrong things.

In biblical terms, this process of change, of surrendering yourself and turning your life over to God, is called conversion. Obviously a human being cannot change everything at once, but one can have a repentant attitude and turn in the right direction, making basic changes as he or she embarks on a new path and a new life of overcoming—bearing “fruits worthy of repentance” (Matthew 3:8).

To be repentant, it is essential to have some understanding of what to repent of. If one doesn’t realize stealing is sinful, he cannot repent of it. If he isn’t aware that profaning God’s name or profaning God’s Sabbath constitutes sin, he cannot repent of those transgressions. This is where God’s calling—His revealing of truth so that we might become a true Christian—applies. The Creator reveals His truth through His Word, the Bible, so we can understand what sin is and so we might comprehend the way of life to which He has called us.

We see, then, that a person cannot truly become a Christian unless he truly repents.

After genuine repentance, Peter instructs that we must be baptized (Acts 2:38). The Greek word baptisma (baptism) refers to the “processes of immersion, submersion, and emergence” (Vine’s Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words, 1985, “Baptism, Baptist, Baptize”).

Water baptism is a physical act designed to teach us a vital spiritual lesson. “Baptism” performed through sprinkling or pouring fails to fulfill the symbolism of this important ceremony. Baptism is described in Romans 6 as representing our death, burial and resurrection to new life through Jesus Christ. Through baptism our “old man” or self is symbolically buried in a watery grave and we rise from the water as a new person to live a new life (verses 3-13).

The experience of Noah’s family in the ark during the great Flood as well as ancient Israel’s passing through the Red Sea figuratively represent water baptism (1 Peter 3:20-21; 1 Corinthians 10:2).

Both events culminated in salvation—albeit only physical deliverance for those involved—and also signified the passing from an old world and sinful way of life to a completely new one where righteousness prevails. Baptism represents our salvation and deliverance from our earlier way of living that leads to death to a new way of righteous living, leaving our old self behind in a symbolic watery grave.

In the light of these verses, can one still be a Christian and be saved without baptism? Read Mark 16:16 for additional biblical evidence: “He who believes and is baptized will be saved.”

A true Christian will have a very different perspective on life. He will have an overriding goal to live like Jesus Christ. “He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked” (1 John 2:6). A true Christian’s understanding of how to live will be deeply rooted in the example of the life of the Messiah and that of His followers, the apostles.

Included in the concept of walking as He walked is the aspect emphasized in 1 Peter 2:20-21: “For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer for it, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God. For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps.”

A true Christian will look, in faith, to God, realizing his total dependence on the Creator. He or she will demonstrate the fruits of God’s Holy Spirit and true Christianity through good works.

CTTO : https://www.ucg.org/the-good-news/what- ... -christian

I have to admit, I am not sure what you are arguing. Because it just seems you are posting long essay replies with bible references to only show off your own egotistical view on the bible and to highlight in your mind that your understanding of the bible is superior to everyone else, even other Christians, and how they are not true Christians (no true Scotsman).

Again, this is all your interpretation, not the vast number of other Christians.
Last edited by Celritannia on Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:29 am

Korhal IVV wrote:Hmmm. Why should a bag of stardust complain about oppression?

Because we bags of star dust are sentient, sapient, and have a conscious, with emotions, compassion, empathy. Harming and restricting people of their rights is one of the most despicable aspects any human individual can do to another.

It just sounds like you support oppression with that comment though.
Last edited by Celritannia on Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:11 am

Celritannia wrote:
Korhal IVV wrote:
Calvin, Luther, and Zwingli are all laughing at you from the afterlife.

Let’s not forget literally most if not every non-liberal, n Reformed/Evangelical theologian like RC Sproul, Paul Washer, John Macarthur, etc, etc, etc.

And the authors of the Epistles would disagree as well.

And where have I ever said that Calvinists are the only “true” ones? Just your dreams.

The term “Christian” is widely used to describe those who believe in Jesus Christ. However, there are many differing ideas as to just what this term means. Believers in Christ are generally anxious to be considered true Christians—but just what is a genuine follower of Jesus Christ? Is there any way to know for sure?

The Bible uses the word Christian only three times (Acts 11:26; 26:28; 1 Peter 4:16). However, various aspects of Christianity are mentioned abundantly. For example, the apostle Paul stated that we should imitate him just as he imitated Christ (1 Corinthians 11:1). This is a major step in defining a true Christian, but there is more.

The Bible gives us additional details. For instance, an individual must be called by God to be considered a Christian. In the parable of the wedding feast, our Savior stated that “many are called, but few are chosen” (Matthew 22:14). The calling has to do with an invitation. Many are invited, but only some answer the call.

What is this calling from, and what is it a calling to? It is a calling “out of darkness into [God’s] marvelous light” (1 Peter 2:9). God calls whom He will out of the spiritual darkness and deceit that smothers this world and reveals to them His wondrous truth. That calling entails an understanding of that precious truth. If we obediently respond to that calling and come out of spiritual darkness, we are also among the chosen (same verse).

Then, if we remain faithful, we can claim the promise that we will join the King of Kings in the family of God (Revelation 17:14). As this verse explains, to be eligible to receive that promise we must be “called, chosen, and faithful.”

But what kind of people does God call? “For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called. But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty” (1 Corinthians 1:26-27; compare Matthew 11:25-26).

Jesus emphasized that tax collectors and harlots would enter the Kingdom of God before those who were often perceived as being righteous in His day. Typically, those looked on as righteous were in reality self-righteous. On the other hand, those of low standing are more likely to see their inadequacy and their need to repent of their sins. Generally speaking, they also will be more inclined to appreciate the forgiveness made possible through Jesus’ sacrifice (Matthew 21:23, 31-32).

Therefore, God most often calls people who don’t view themselves as high and mighty but who instead see problems in themselves. They are more humble and teachable because they can more readily recognize and acknowledge their human weaknesses. They are people who have made mistakes and know it.

That is part of the reason God chooses “not many wise, not many noble,” but rather those that the world often views as foolish and weak. They more readily see their need for God’s help. On the other hand, those who see themselves as powerful and self-sufficient usually fail to see a need for God or His help.

Is God now calling the majority of humanity? Most people think so. But if He is, He clearly has not succeeded. After Jesus Christ’s 3½-year ministry, only 120 disciples were gathered on the day of Pentecost to become part of the Church Jesus began. Christ’s true followers are described as a “little flock” (Luke 12:32), following a narrow and difficult pathway of life that very few find amidst the prevailing culture of “this present evil age” (Matthew 7:13-14; Galatians 1:4).

Jesus Himself made it clear that merely using His name does not make one a Christian. “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven” (Matthew 7:21, emphasis added throughout).

Did you catch that? It is possible to worship God and His Son, but still not be a real Christian! Christ warned of those who would institute their own practices and doctrines and wrongly expect God to honor such worship: “Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying: ‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth, and honor Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men’ ” (Matthew 15:7-9).

Jesus noted that although God is clearly the object of their worship, since they choose to worship Him in their own way, as opposed to the way God tells us to worship Him, such worship is vain and useless.

By contrast, a true Christian will worship God according to God’s instruction in His holy Word, the Bible, and not according to his own devices and imagination (Deuteronomy 12:32). The Bible emphasizes that we should strive daily to live “by every word of God” (Luke 4:4; Deuteronomy 8:3). While no one can ever earn salvation—as it is God’s freely given gift (Romans 6:23)—God will not give salvation to anyone who stubbornly persists in doing things his own way.

Ever since Adam and Eve yielded to Satan’s deception, most people simply have not correctly understood God’s truth. They do not realize that Satan the devil has continued to deceive the overwhelming majority of humankind (see 1 John 5:19; Revelation 12:9). In so many cases, people are sincerely doing what they think is right. They simply do not understand that Satan, the real “god of this age” (2 Corinthians 4:4), has extended his deceitful, lying ways even into teachings and practices embraced by mainstream Christianity (2 Corinthians 11:13-15).

The real test begins when God opens one’s mind to His truth. Once the Creator begins to reveal truth to a person, that individual bears a responsibility to act on it. If that person doesn’t show a willingness to live by what he or she has learned, God will add nothing more to his or her understanding. The person has shown that he really doesn’t want to do even what he has already learned.

To be a true Christian, a person must take a vital step: He or she must truly repent. After the apostle Peter’s powerful sermon on the day the New Testament Church began, many were “cut to the heart” when they recognized that it was their sins for which Jesus was crucified (Acts 2:37).

Peter’s striking sermon had made it clear just who Jesus was—the promised future King whom God had raised from the dead and by doing so had made Him both Lord and Christ (verses 29-32, 36). Their sins had necessitated the death of the very Son of God!

They then “said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, ‘Men and brethren, what shall we do?’ Then Peter said to them, ‘Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call’ ” (verses 37-39).

We see here several crucial steps to becoming a true Christian. First, a person must be called by God. Then he or she must repent of past sins. Although repentance is a major subject requiring more explanation than is possible here, we should realize that it is far more than merely an emotional experience. It is truly a life-changing process.

To repent means to change, to turn around, to stop going the way you are going. It is to be truly sorry for your sins, as well as to have sorrow for your inclination and desire to do the wrong things.

In biblical terms, this process of change, of surrendering yourself and turning your life over to God, is called conversion. Obviously a human being cannot change everything at once, but one can have a repentant attitude and turn in the right direction, making basic changes as he or she embarks on a new path and a new life of overcoming—bearing “fruits worthy of repentance” (Matthew 3:8).

To be repentant, it is essential to have some understanding of what to repent of. If one doesn’t realize stealing is sinful, he cannot repent of it. If he isn’t aware that profaning God’s name or profaning God’s Sabbath constitutes sin, he cannot repent of those transgressions. This is where God’s calling—His revealing of truth so that we might become a true Christian—applies. The Creator reveals His truth through His Word, the Bible, so we can understand what sin is and so we might comprehend the way of life to which He has called us.

We see, then, that a person cannot truly become a Christian unless he truly repents.

After genuine repentance, Peter instructs that we must be baptized (Acts 2:38). The Greek word baptisma (baptism) refers to the “processes of immersion, submersion, and emergence” (Vine’s Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words, 1985, “Baptism, Baptist, Baptize”).

Water baptism is a physical act designed to teach us a vital spiritual lesson. “Baptism” performed through sprinkling or pouring fails to fulfill the symbolism of this important ceremony. Baptism is described in Romans 6 as representing our death, burial and resurrection to new life through Jesus Christ. Through baptism our “old man” or self is symbolically buried in a watery grave and we rise from the water as a new person to live a new life (verses 3-13).

The experience of Noah’s family in the ark during the great Flood as well as ancient Israel’s passing through the Red Sea figuratively represent water baptism (1 Peter 3:20-21; 1 Corinthians 10:2).

Both events culminated in salvation—albeit only physical deliverance for those involved—and also signified the passing from an old world and sinful way of life to a completely new one where righteousness prevails. Baptism represents our salvation and deliverance from our earlier way of living that leads to death to a new way of righteous living, leaving our old self behind in a symbolic watery grave.

In the light of these verses, can one still be a Christian and be saved without baptism? Read Mark 16:16 for additional biblical evidence: “He who believes and is baptized will be saved.”

A true Christian will have a very different perspective on life. He will have an overriding goal to live like Jesus Christ. “He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked” (1 John 2:6). A true Christian’s understanding of how to live will be deeply rooted in the example of the life of the Messiah and that of His followers, the apostles.

Included in the concept of walking as He walked is the aspect emphasized in 1 Peter 2:20-21: “For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer for it, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God. For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps.”

A true Christian will look, in faith, to God, realizing his total dependence on the Creator. He or she will demonstrate the fruits of God’s Holy Spirit and true Christianity through good works.

CTTO : https://www.ucg.org/the-good-news/what- ... -christian

I have to admit, I am not sure what you are arguing. Because it just seems you are posting long essay replies with bible references to only show off your own egotistical view on the bible and to highlight in your mind that your understanding of the bible is superior to everyone else, even other Christians, and how they are not true Christians (no true Scotsman).

Again, this is all your interpretation, not the vast number of other Christians.

It is mostly just copypasta from online sources that he doesn't cite correctly. Most of this shit isn't even his own arguments, it is plagiarism plain and simple. It's basically an underhanded attempt to make as much noise as possible through copy pasting huge walls of text in order to drown out opponents. I have seen other forum users use this exact same bullshittery before.

Wave on, wave on

Hystaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hystaria » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:18 am

I just dont?

I have tried when i got older and I dont see why someone would want to believe one after listening to peoples reasons to have a faith, but I did go to youth things, churches and talked about religion...but at this rate I care more about Shinto and Jain than Abrahamic religions....

Does anyone want questions, I am open to talk!

Edit
guess not.
Last edited by Hystaria on Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
A [Tier:9 Level:1 Type:9
Power Comparator: (see below)5.2, according to this index.

(Please quote me in forums to find your response, please, that would be nice.)
Trade with me, trade without Idelogys harming us, Money doesn't care what side you are on.
i swear my eternal service to the lasaga lord and wish to spread it to all i meet .
[spoiler= Official Allies]Bolkenia
Kowani wrote:Hystaria. They’re both edgy, but only one of them is a special kind of edgy.

I dont use NS states, I use factbooks.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:56 pm

Korhal IVV wrote:
Thuzbekistan wrote:I wonder what the bible says about violent media? Perhaps UCG can help us.

https://www.ucg.org/beyond-today/childr ... ideo-games

One, that is talking about children and violent video games.

Two, it is only bad if you are literally trying to emulate the “heroes” fuming with vengeance. It is like how we aren’t supposed to emulate Samson because he is one promiscious fellow. The entire article is literally dedicated to children emulating the heroes’ desire for vengeance. Any mature person will not do that. The entire article can be summed up as “Don’t give your easily impressioned kids violent games because that will condition them to be warlike.” In the contrary, I am not imagining myself frying people with psyker powers or purging planets with cyclonic torpedoes.

Even though psychological studies have shown children or even adult playing video games, regardless of their content, has decreased violent behaviour?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/medicalxpr ... ession.amp

Every decade of Christians have said this thing and that thing will lead children to do evil things, and it always turns out that they don't.
Last edited by Celritannia on Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Korhal IVV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:02 pm

Celritannia wrote:
Korhal IVV wrote:One, that is talking about children and violent video games.

Two, it is only bad if you are literally trying to emulate the “heroes” fuming with vengeance. It is like how we aren’t supposed to emulate Samson because he is one promiscious fellow. The entire article is literally dedicated to children emulating the heroes’ desire for vengeance. Any mature person will not do that. The entire article can be summed up as “Don’t give your easily impressioned kids violent games because that will condition them to be warlike.” In the contrary, I am not imagining myself frying people with psyker powers or purging planets with cyclonic torpedoes.

Even though psychological studies have shown children or even adult playing video games, regardless of their content, has decreased violent behaviour?

Every decade of Christians have said this thing and that thing will lead children to do evil things, and it always turns out that they don't.

Did I say it does?

Two, it is only bad if you are literally trying to emulate the “heroes” fuming with vengeance.

I only said it was IF this was the case, and ir usually isn’t.
Last edited by Korhal IVV on Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:06 pm

Korhal IVV wrote:
Thuzbekistan wrote:I wonder what the bible says about violent media? Perhaps UCG can help us.

https://www.ucg.org/beyond-today/childr ... ideo-games

One, that is talking about children and violent video games.

Yes.
Last edited by Celritannia on Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:09 pm

Korhal IVV wrote:
Celritannia wrote:

Did I say it does?

Two, it is only bad if you are literally trying to emulate the “heroes” fuming with vengeance.

So by that logic, children should not look up to the majority of super heroes.
Last edited by Celritannia on Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Korhal IVV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:11 pm

Celritannia wrote:
Korhal IVV wrote:Did I say it does?

If children are get the attitude of retaliation and vengeance, that is what the article says.

Celritannia wrote:
Korhal IVV wrote:One, that is talking about children and violent video games.

Yes.

I just said what the article said. Doesn’t necessarily mean that I agree with it fully.

The Caleshan Valkyrie
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 07, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Caleshan Valkyrie » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:13 pm

Oh shit, we done hit (and passed) 200 pages! I gotta think up a new poll...
Godulan Puppet #2, RPing as technologically advanced tribal society founded by mongols and vikings (and later with multiple other Asian and Native American cultures) motivated by an intrinsic devotion to the spirit of competition. They'll walk softly, talk softly, and make soothing noises as they stab you in the back and take your stuff... unless you're another Caleshan, whereupon they'll only stab you in the back figuratively!

Used NS stats: Population. That’s it. Anything else not stated in the factbooks is not used.

Intro RP: Gravity Ships and Garden Snips (involved tribes: Plainsrider, Hawkeye, Wavecrasher)
Current RP: A Rock Out of Place (involved tribes: Night Wolf, Deep Kraken, Starwalker)

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:14 pm

Korhal IVV wrote:
Celritannia wrote:

If children are get the attitude of retaliation and vengeance, that is what the article says.

Celritannia wrote:
Yes.

I just said what the article said. Doesn’t necessarily mean that I agree with it fully.

Then you have obviously missed the basis of the psychological study. Children rarely do.

So you shared an article without attaching your opinions?

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:16 pm

The Caleshan Valkyrie wrote:Oh shit, we done hit (and passed) 200 pages! I gotta think up a new poll...

...this isn't your thread...

Wave on, wave on

Korhal IVV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:16 pm

Celritannia wrote:
Korhal IVV wrote:If children are get the attitude of retaliation and vengeance, that is what the article says.

Then you have obviously missed the basis of the psychological study. Children rarely do.

Excuse me, but Thuzbekistan was the first to throw the article in.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:19 pm

Korhal IVV wrote:
Celritannia wrote:

Yeah, I'm done. Assigning blame to other people while you supported the article then denied it is not beneficial.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:19 pm

The Caleshan Valkyrie wrote:Oh shit, we done hit (and passed) 200 pages! I gotta think up a new poll...

...this isn't your thread...

Oh... freaking oops. Been looking at this thread so much I mixed it up with the abortion thread. MY B.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Thuzbekistan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Thuzbekistan » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:24 pm

Korhal IVV wrote:
Celritannia wrote:

I did it to point out your hypocrisy.
An INTJ, -A/-T

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:58 pm

Godular wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:...this isn't your thread...

Oh... freaking oops. Been looking at this thread so much I mixed it up with the abortion thread. MY B.

:p

Wave on, wave on

Korhal IVV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:58 pm

Thuzbekistan wrote:
Korhal IVV wrote:Excuse me, but Thuzbekistan was the first to throw the article in.

I did it to point out your hypocrisy.

Did you actually read it?

It’s “children and video games”,not “literally everyone and video games*

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General