NATION

PASSWORD

Why do/don't you believe in a higher power? (Any HP)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:55 pm

The Free Joy State wrote:where the existence/nonexistence of God is uncertain

It's only uncertain to those who don't believe.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:57 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:That doesn't fit the definition of lying. Are you looking for "ignorant"?

In this case it's a small difference. I think that people establish a meaning of "belief" for gravity that's separate from the one they specifically tailor to their religion. I think if they looked seriously they'd see it and if they were humble enough admit it.

Yeah no that still doesn't make sense. I believe in Allah SWT just like I believe in gravity.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:59 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Yeah, I don't understand what you're trying to say.

That what people call "faith" often isn't. That what they call "belief" is more likely "belief in belief" belief in the idea that they believe and the religious are often just non-practicing atheists.

Some folks definitely are in this category. Others aren't. And still others change: I've been both in my life. Sometimes I'm both in the course of a single day.

But it's worth remembering that in Latin, for example, credo does not mean "I know," or even "I trust" - in the way that we know or trust that an apple will fall when we drop it. It is a compound of the roots cor and do. It means, literally, to give one's heart to something.

Faith isn't knowledge. It's relationship: the process of falling in love with God. And like any relationship, doubt and fear and silence come back again and again, and sometimes you wonder if there's anything really there at all, or if it's all just habit and self-delusion. And when that happens, just like in a marriage, you perform love instead of feeling it. Anyone who is prepared to be painfully honest about their own relationships with those they love will recognize that.

But that doesn't mean that the relationship is fake. The fact that sometimes you play the part doesn't mean that everything is play-acting; the fact that you still feel lonely or wracked by doubt doesn't mean you aren't giving your heart to God. Life's more complicated than that. You can play the part in the morning, and weep with joy by evening. Because the point is not whether you trust completely; the question is not whether you're as free of doubt as you pretend. The point is to keep choosing to fall in love with God, day by day, with all the sincerity you can manage in a world of confusion and pain and doubt. If you can do that, then in my book, that's a true and living faith.

Just my two cents, from experience. I'm not trying to change your mind, just to suggest another way of seeing this issue.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:00 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Yea, and? Are you trying to argue that God doesn't exist simply because He has a fondness for emptiness?

Yes. If you're arguing the universe was intelligently designed by a being who was principally concerned with earth and one species on it the fact that EVERYTHING ELSE exists is fucking ridiculous.

I never said that there were no aliens. Maybe other planets (e.g. Mars) exist for decoration. Maybe God doesn't place lively planets near eachother in order to avoid life from one planet hindering life from a different planet. I don't know
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:04 pm

Dogmeat wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Calling a "bet" is a very poor understanding of the situation of Job

I don't trust your understanding of the Bible to any degree whatsoever. So far you have demonstrated nothing which leads me to believe you are more qualified to interpret the Bible then I am, and several thing which lead me to believe you are not.

And yeah, a "bet" is functionally what that was. Go back and read it if you don't believe me.

I never claimed to be qualified to interpret the Bible. However, I source my work from people who are. Also, no it wasn't. God was testing Job's loyalty. He wasn't using Job as a pawn in an idiotic bet
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:10 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:How exactly am I doing the same

Same reason why he doesn't stop a human rapist. Free will

And yet when they're good it's God's fault. You can't have it both ways. You can't blame humanity for their evil then attribute their good bits to God.

No, and I never claimed that He was. However, God is repsonaible for establishing a moral standard that humans are free to choose to obey

And this all-powerful God was incapable of unhardening their hearts.

And He does, you complain about it

You're talking about the supposed architect of mankind. A being of omniscience, or frankly even reasonable competence would understand how people are going to handle certain situations. If I don't fence in my pool I'm responsible for kids falling in because I should have fucking known they'd do that. If I know your schedule and put a bear trap in your path that's not the product of your free will it's me being an asshole. God set all this up and God knows how we'll handle it- he's basically the jigsaw killer but also eternity.

You mean like how He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah to wipe out the evil in that part of the world

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:12 pm

Dogmeat wrote:
Reverend Norv wrote:
This isn't exactly accurate. And this clarification comes without any desire to make the Job story less problematic than it is; its power is rooted in its painful refusal to conform to our moral expectations, and I have no wish to detract from that power. But a little context is useful.

When the Book of Job was written in post-exilic Israel, nobody believed in Satan in the modern or medieval Christian sense. The figure in the book of Job who's traditionally rendered as Satan is better translated as the Adversary. This figure is not a locus of evil; rather, he's a kind of special prosecutor at large, whose distinctive feature - as his introduction suggests - is that he goes "to and fro in the earth," testing how righteous and faithful folks actually are. He does this, in fact, on God's behalf, in order to reveal His servants' true character. This explains the dialogue between the two figures, which is deferential on the Adversary's part rather than hostile as one would expect of "Satan." And it justifies the extensive legal language later in the book of Job, in which Job repeatedly longs for an Advocate: a heavenly defense attorney, essentially, to balance the Adversary's prosecution.

It also suggests another reading of the story: the Adversary, essentially, keeps going back to God to ask for authority to apply more and more extreme tests of Job's character. God, confident in Job's innocence, agrees to allow this. But this isn't necessarily a callous bet, any more than agreeing to allow a man's pretrial detention, or the subpoena of his private papers, is a bet. It's cooperating with a process that is intended to establish guilt or innocence. The metaphor of the law, not the metaphor of gambling, is most consistent both with the text and with the cultural context in which it was written.

Now, it still seems patently unjust to torture an innocent man just to prove he's innocent, and most of the Book of Job is involved with demonstrating this point. Its power as a story for grown-ups flows precisely from the fact that it's not a cozy parable of a just God and a faithful man. But calling the precipitating incident a bet misunderstands the book's structure in a subtle but important way.

To be honest, this presents me with something of a challenge. Because I agree with you 100%. There are even parts of the story I really like and find interesting. Like the subtle turn of phrase "did not sin with his lips," and all that that might imply.

But you're not the type of Christian I'm arguing with, and I don't think the type of Christian I'm arguing with appreciates the nuance of the evolution of Satan between these two periods. I could be wrong about that, and if so I am willing to accept fault here, but I'm led to believe he's only using the Medieval interpretation. And by that interpretation of Satan, this can really only be interpreted as a bet.

No. I actually agree with R. Norv on that one...

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:13 pm

The Free Joy State wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Yes, which was the point that I was trying to make

Not very sporting to cut off the rest, and most relevant, part of my post:

The Free Joy State wrote:And no... not all -- not many/most, delete as appropriate -- Christians would step over the homeless man and not all atheists are seeking cures for cancer but of all the arguments in all the world, this one is one of the worst for God: the idea that man has no self-control without fear of the hereafter.

Because it carries with it conceit -- the in-born, and usually unintentional, idea -- that those who believe are somehow more moral, more compassionate, kinder than those who do not. And, in truth, there are good and compassionate people of all religious stripes and none and arseholes of all religious stripes and none.

You do not need a conception of God to behave compassionately. In fact, I would actually fear any person who fears they may be uncompassionate or cruel without a fear of hell.

I know you've seen this part, so why not answer it.

If there are good people and arseholes of all religious stripes and none -- where the existence/nonexistence of God is uncertain -- why would atheists receiving confirmation of their theory or Christians a denial make one blind bit of difference?

Should we not fear anyone who is only compassionate due to some taught fear of hell?

Well I agree with you there 100%

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:14 pm

The Free Joy State wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Yes, which was the point that I was trying to make

Not very sporting to cut off the rest, and most relevant, part of my post:

The Free Joy State wrote:And no... not all -- not many/most, delete as appropriate -- Christians would step over the homeless man and not all atheists are seeking cures for cancer but of all the arguments in all the world, this one is one of the worst for God: the idea that man has no self-control without fear of the hereafter.

Because it carries with it conceit -- the in-born, and usually unintentional, idea -- that those who believe are somehow more moral, more compassionate, kinder than those who do not. And, in truth, there are good and compassionate people of all religious stripes and none and arseholes of all religious stripes and none.

You do not need a conception of God to behave compassionately. In fact, I would actually fear any person who fears they may be uncompassionate or cruel without a fear of hell.

I know you've seen this part, so why not answer it.

If there are good people and arseholes of all religious stripes and none -- where the existence/nonexistence of God is uncertain -- why would atheists receiving confirmation of their theory or Christians a denial make one blind bit of difference?

Should we not fear anyone who is only compassionate due to some taught fear of hell?

Interestingly, this was an important argument between Christians during the Reformation. Luther preached that man's inherent sinfulness is so profound that he cannot, through his own actions, earn salvation. In fact, without God's inward help, man cannot even desire to do good. A number of Catholic theologians pointed out that this conception removed any incentive for people to do the right thing: tell them that only God's grace matters, and that nothing they do is good enough, and why would they even try to keep God's commandments? With neither heaven or hell riding on their actions, with each man's ultimate fate contingent exclusively on God alone, with both reward and punishment out of the equation, wouldn't society collapse in a riot of selfishness and violence?

Luther said no. He said that even if salvation is in God's hands alone, and even if nothing we do affects it, people will still try to keep God's law. Not for hope of heaven, or fear of hell, but out of simple love for God: because when you love someone, you try to make them happy, without regard for reward or punishment. Love alone, not fear or greed, is the foundation of true morality.

All of which is to say that I basically think you are correct, and no less a theologian than Martin Luther backs you up.
Last edited by Reverend Norv on Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:19 pm

I actually agree with Reverend Norv on a lot of things posted here...
Although, the Orthodox faith says that there are three kinds of Christians...
1. Those who obey out of fear of hell
2. Those who obey for want of reward in Heaven
3. Those who obey out of love for God

We should try to be the third kind
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Upper Pacifica
Secretary

Founded: Feb 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Upper Pacifica » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:20 pm

I believe the universe has a plan for everyone. I've felt the energies of the universe, negative and positive. I've felt my chakras and seen auras. I believe in a higher power, who I refer to as God, but I've been struggling with my faith a lot lately. I think faith is very important. We all need to believe in something to keep our souls strong and keep the demons out. I went to church until 14 and, according to my alter, I'd dissociate (leave the body) during service often because I found it boring. After I stopped going I started calling myself an atheist. At this point I'd say I'm agnostic. I'm 19. I really need to look into Buddhism and Hinduism sometime soon.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:53 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:
Genivaria wrote:Yes it literally is, just like if I buy a car and it breaks down within an hour than it's the designer's fault (as well as my own for getting a Chevy ayooooo)

Or the manufacturer's fault. Or the mechanic's fault. Or any number of persons, really

Yes. God is the shitty manufacturer.
Glad you caught up.

Kowani
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:14 pm

Dogmeat wrote:I don't trust your understanding of the Bible to any degree whatsoever. So far you have demonstrated nothing which leads me to believe you are more qualified to interpret the Bible then I am, and several thing which lead me to believe you are not.

And yeah, a "bet" is functionally what that was. Go back and read it if you don't believe me.

I never claimed to be qualified to interpret the Bible. However, I source my work from people who are. Also, no it wasn't. God was testing Job's loyalty. He wasn't using Job as a pawn in an idiotic bet

And the omniscient being needed to test his loyalty because why?
American History and Historiography; Political and Labour History, Urbanism, Political Parties, Congressional Procedure, Elections.

Servant of The Democracy since 1896.

Historian, of sorts.

Effortposts can be found here!

Metamen
Secretary

Founded: Nov 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Metamen » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:24 pm

I have come to the decision that the only true Higher Power is the Sun. We understand how the Sun was formed and how it affects us every day. The Sun does not indiscriminately tax anyone for anything that can't be attributed to factors that are beyond its power. We can see the Sun every day so we know it exists. If the Sun did not exist we could not have existed.

The Sun does not demand we sacrifice anything for it, neither does it make promises that it can't keep... unless you're a weirdo that made up your own canon a few hundreds of years ago.

Scientists and Atheists can't tell me that worshipping the Sun can be any worse than worshipping any other Religion.

So why not?
Other Worlds: *Exist*
Republic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNxPVj0hejg
OOC: "Remember, if you lower your standards just enough to reach the very center of the planet... the Universe still finds away to disappoint you. That's why we should stop having standards."
Please Note that this Nation does NOT use NS stats.

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:28 pm

The Diamond Trio wrote:
Sapientia Et Bellum wrote:Honestly though, if we live in a truly infinite universe then nothing is truly falsifiable.... everything is based on faith.... for example, we can say here on earth that physics work in a certain way but it takes faith for us to say that physics truly works that way everywhere.... Really we have to have faith that the universe is finite just for science to hold any meaning on a universal scale

Good thing we live in a finite universe.

Just wanted to pop in and address this'n.

All the signs point to our universe being infinite in size... and growing.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Kowani
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:31 pm

Metamen wrote:I have come to the decision that the only true Higher Power is the Sun. We understand how the Sun was formed and how it affects us every day. The Sun does not indiscriminately tax anyone for anything that can't be attributed to factors that are beyond its power. We can see the Sun every day so we know it exists. If the Sun did not exist we could not have existed.

The Sun does not demand we sacrifice anything for it, neither does it make promises that it can't keep... unless you're a weirdo that made up your own canon a few hundreds of years ago.

Scientists and Atheists can't tell me that worshipping the Sun can be any worse than worshipping any other Religion.

So why not?

Well, considering the Sun also gives us things like skin cancer, it’s not exactly an all-loving deity...plus it doesn’t have a code of ethics, being non-living...
Oh, but the biggest problem is that it was formed after the universe, so it can’t exactly exist independently of another, even higher power.
American History and Historiography; Political and Labour History, Urbanism, Political Parties, Congressional Procedure, Elections.

Servant of The Democracy since 1896.

Historian, of sorts.

Effortposts can be found here!

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:32 pm

Kowani wrote:
Metamen wrote:I have come to the decision that the only true Higher Power is the Sun. We understand how the Sun was formed and how it affects us every day. The Sun does not indiscriminately tax anyone for anything that can't be attributed to factors that are beyond its power. We can see the Sun every day so we know it exists. If the Sun did not exist we could not have existed.

So why not?

Well, considering the Sun also gives us things like skin cancer, it’s not exactly an all-loving deity...plus it doesn’t have a code of ethics, being non-living...
Oh, but the biggest problem is that it was formed after the universe, so it can’t exactly exist independently of another, even higher power.

I dunno, seems to me like it has some pretty high power output. Oh, the luminosity.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Metamen
Secretary

Founded: Nov 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Metamen » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:37 pm

Kowani wrote:Well, considering the Sun also gives us things like skin cancer, it’s not exactly an all-loving deity...plus it doesn’t have a code of ethics, being non-living...

Things like skin cancer are what I mean when the "Sun does not indiscriminately tax anyone for anything that can't can't be attributed to factors beyond its power."

I never claimed the Sun to be a Creator Deity. Simply an Important Deity will suffice, I mean in a lot of Pantheons people worshipped lesser Gods all the time, the Japanese and the Greeks had plenty of em.

Also being a Deity without a Code of Ethics can also be a blessing of a sort, without a Code of Ethics the Sun cannot judge anyone for anything. It cannot punish people, it can't bless them either. In that, it views everyone equally (unless of course again factors exist that it cannot control).
Other Worlds: *Exist*
Republic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNxPVj0hejg
OOC: "Remember, if you lower your standards just enough to reach the very center of the planet... the Universe still finds away to disappoint you. That's why we should stop having standards."
Please Note that this Nation does NOT use NS stats.

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:40 pm

Des-Bal wrote:Yes. If you're arguing the universe was intelligently designed by a being who was principally concerned with earth and one species on it the fact that EVERYTHING ELSE exists is fucking ridiculous.

I never said that there were no aliens. Maybe other planets (e.g. Mars) exist for decoration. Maybe God doesn't place lively planets near eachother in order to avoid life from one planet hindering life from a different planet. I don't know

It is never said in the Bible that humans are the only intelligent species God created, so... we may not be alone at all.
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

The National Salvation Front for Russia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The National Salvation Front for Russia » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:54 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:What? Are you saying that we're lying and we don't even know it?

Yes. Still.

You do realize how stupid that is?

We're lying but we don't know we're lying, which undermines the definition of lying. That's not even taking into account that your assertion is basically impossible to prove. I thought you were an atheist?
Russian Nationalist
Christian Democrat & Regionalist
Мы спасeм Россию!

Cлужить России - To Serve Russia
I support the Community for Democracy and Rights of Nations

Dogmeat
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dogmeat » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:15 am

Dogmeat wrote:I don't trust your understanding of the Bible to any degree whatsoever. So far you have demonstrated nothing which leads me to believe you are more qualified to interpret the Bible then I am, and several thing which lead me to believe you are not.

Ah, so you admit it was God, and not Satan, who was responsible.

Because earlier you said it was Satan's fault, and not God's. But now you're saying that:
A) "God was testing" and,
B) You agree with Reverend Norv that Satan is just a servant of God.

That's a direct contradiction of your earlier stance.
Immortal God Dog
Hey boy, know any tricks?
天狗

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:24 am

If God was "testing Job's loyalty", all that would mean is that he was using Job as a pawn in an idiotic bet against himself rather than an idiotic bet against Satan.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Dazchan
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2006

Postby Dazchan » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:31 am

Wouldn’t an all knowing god know exactly how loyal Job was, without needing to kill his family and servants and destroy his property?
If you can read this, thank your teachers.

Frievolk
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:48 am

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Des-Bal wrote:
In this case it's a small difference. I think that people establish a meaning of "belief" for gravity that's separate from the one they specifically tailor to their religion. I think if they looked seriously they'd see it and if they were humble enough admit it.

Yeah no that still doesn't make sense. I believe in Allah SWT just like I believe in gravity.

Sure, but that's just you accepting shit without being able to think. Gravity, while proving it is difficult as fuck, is still provable on paper. We can theorize why it happens and how it does and where and when. You can understand it. It's a matter of science. You can't understand god, and all evidence shows that if it exists, we can't prove it. Blind faith ("""belief""") in a magical skydaddy is different than minimal understanding of science. (Case in point, we still don't actually know a lot about gravity, but we can prove it exists. Proving god doesn't exist, from a philosophical or scientific basis, is easier than proving it does)
OOC
Libertarian Constitutionalist
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates
♔ The Frievolker Empire || Frievolker Kaiserreik
♔ The Realm in the Sun || De Reik in de Sonne
♔ Led by Kaiser Johann, Part of the Erstwelt
Never forget that the Muslims literally made up a new meaningless name for him when they forgot the name of Adam's Firstborn.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:14 am

Yeah, I believe in God.
Uh, see y’all at the 2nd Coming I guess, I hope some get left behind to say I told you so’s.
Ciao.
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General