NATION

PASSWORD

Why do/don't you believe in a higher power? (Any HP)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Novo Vaticanus
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 116
Founded: Jul 13, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Novo Vaticanus » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:56 am

Ye bastards are a buncha pasty, wishy washy agnostics, haha. Ily all <3

but fr though Catholic gang roll out, yuh aye prr

Actually, on a serious note, where tf are all of the classical Thomistic thinkers at? The Catholic tradition of scholasticism is so potent and strong, there seriously oughta be more of us here. It's sad to me when people say that there's no evidence for God, or that they don't care enough to pursue Him. If there's even a tiny chance that He exists, then why wouldn't you invest everything into making sure you aren't in the wrong place, spiritually? We papists say it all the time, "the wages of sin is eternal life or death."

Tread lightly my friends, and may the Peace of Christ be with you all <3
Last edited by Novo Vaticanus on Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Novo Vaticanus
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 116
Founded: Jul 13, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Novo Vaticanus » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:00 am

Actully, God is genderless. Refering to God with male pronouns is because of a bad mistranslation


lmao nah, it's God the Father for a reason dude.

User avatar
Novo Vaticanus
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 116
Founded: Jul 13, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Novo Vaticanus » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:01 am

There is no good argument against the Catholic faith, change my mind

User avatar
Salandriagado
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18388
Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Salandriagado » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:01 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
I'd like to point out that even with God, you'd have trouble with the "first mover" problem. Like, who created God? Himself? How is that different from just accepting a universe without first motion, feels like religious folk are just adding an unnecessary step.

The idea is that god always existed and always has.


So why can't the universe have done that?
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

User avatar
Novo Vaticanus
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 116
Founded: Jul 13, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Novo Vaticanus » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:04 am

Salandriagado wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:The idea is that god always existed and always has.


So why can't the universe have done that?


It can't have, because the Universe had a verifiable beginning in time, which was the Big Bang.
Last edited by Novo Vaticanus on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Esternial
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 51802
Founded: May 09, 2009
Democratic Socialists

Postby Esternial » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:06 am

British Tackeettlaus wrote:I'm an atheist, but I really like jesus. A agree with a lot of his views on acceptance, love and charity. Less so on his stuff about the kingdom of heaven, and being the son of God, the messaih.

Well if you like him, you can support him on Patreon now.

User avatar
Randsidia
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 10
Founded: Dec 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Randsidia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:07 am

Australian rePublic wrote:
Randsidia wrote:
This.

The universe doesn't have to have an origin. All notions of "origin" imply a "beginning", which fit our current understanding of time. But to ask what happened before the big bang is as meaningless a question as to ask how apples tasted before apples existed.

THIS is theism. The only difference is that we believe that one of those things that existed before the Big Bang happened to be sentient. I think that THAT's the key between an educated theist and an educated atheist. We can all agree that there was a bunch of stuff that's always existed, the question is whether or not any of them are sentient


No, because regardless of whether or not they WERE sentient, they most definitely didn't "create" the universe, nor do they still exist to this day.

User avatar
The Blaatschapen
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 53531
Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:12 am

Novo Vaticanus wrote:There is no good argument against the Catholic faith, change my mind


Nah, why should I put in the effort for that?
Forumer mod, now a rocker mocker. Thank you Ringo
Heaven is other people
Behind the invisible hand of the market hides the iron fist of the state.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain
Silent is an anagram of listen.
Proud adopter of a lamb called violet: http://imgur.com/a/pxnSf
Male. Please address me as 'he'.
This is the 8th line. If your sig is longer than mine, it is too long.

User avatar
Salandriagado
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18388
Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Salandriagado » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:15 am

Novo Vaticanus wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
So why can't the universe have done that?


It can't have, because the Universe had a verifiable beginning in time, which was the Big Bang.


No, actually. We have no idea if the big bang was the beginning or not. Or even if time was a thing "prior" to it.
Last edited by Salandriagado on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

User avatar
Novo Vaticanus
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 116
Founded: Jul 13, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Novo Vaticanus » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:15 am

The blAAtschApen wrote:
Novo Vaticanus wrote:There is no good argument against the Catholic faith, change my mind


Nah, why should I put in the effort for that?

To see whether or not your disbelief holds any water or not, haha.
You always see atheists trying to poke holes in the faith, but the fact that God is a God of truth, means that we Catholics have the fullness of truth on our side, and should therefore never be scared to go on the offensive.

That being said, intellectual sparring is just good ass fun, dontchya think?

User avatar
Novo Vaticanus
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 116
Founded: Jul 13, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Novo Vaticanus » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:17 am

Salandriagado wrote:
Novo Vaticanus wrote:
It can't have, because the Universe had a verifiable beginning in time, which was the Big Bang.


No, actually. We have no idea if the big bang was the beginning or not. Or even if time was a thing "prior" to it.


If there was nothing before the Big Bang, including time, then there couldn't have been anything to cause it. This can't be true, because, clearly it was caused by some uncaused thing itself.

User avatar
The Blaatschapen
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 53531
Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:18 am

Novo Vaticanus wrote:
The blAAtschApen wrote:
Nah, why should I put in the effort for that?

To see whether or not your disbelief holds any water or not, haha.
You always see atheists trying to poke holes in the faith, but the fact that God is a God of truth, means that we Catholics have the fullness of truth on our side, and should therefore never be scared to go on the offensive.

That being said, intellectual sparring is just good ass fun, dontchya think?


I don't need to poke holes in your faith.

If it gives you strength, go for it. Just don't sell it to me, I'm not buying :p
Forumer mod, now a rocker mocker. Thank you Ringo
Heaven is other people
Behind the invisible hand of the market hides the iron fist of the state.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain
Silent is an anagram of listen.
Proud adopter of a lamb called violet: http://imgur.com/a/pxnSf
Male. Please address me as 'he'.
This is the 8th line. If your sig is longer than mine, it is too long.

User avatar
Novo Vaticanus
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 116
Founded: Jul 13, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Novo Vaticanus » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:22 am

The blAAtschApen wrote:
Novo Vaticanus wrote:To see whether or not your disbelief holds any water or not, haha.
You always see atheists trying to poke holes in the faith, but the fact that God is a God of truth, means that we Catholics have the fullness of truth on our side, and should therefore never be scared to go on the offensive.

That being said, intellectual sparring is just good ass fun, dontchya think?


I don't need to poke holes in your faith.

If it gives you strength, go for it. Just don't sell it to me, I'm not buying :p

Mmm, but see, that's the thing. Inaction of the spirit is even worse than being purposefully inflammatory. The argument is not just whether or not you should be Catholic; the whole reasoning, at it's core, is that everybody ought to care, because it'll assuredly effect you greatly later on.

User avatar
The Blaatschapen
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 53531
Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:24 am

Novo Vaticanus wrote:
The blAAtschApen wrote:
I don't need to poke holes in your faith.

If it gives you strength, go for it. Just don't sell it to me, I'm not buying :p

Mmm, but see, that's the thing. Inaction of the spirit is even worse than being purposefully inflammatory. The argument is not just whether or not you should be Catholic; the whole reasoning, at it's core, is that everybody ought to care, because it'll assuredly effect you greatly later on.


And that is where proselytizers are not making any friends :P

It's enormously arrogant to think that others need saving. I'm a functioning adult, if I need help, I'll ask for it :)
Forumer mod, now a rocker mocker. Thank you Ringo
Heaven is other people
Behind the invisible hand of the market hides the iron fist of the state.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain
Silent is an anagram of listen.
Proud adopter of a lamb called violet: http://imgur.com/a/pxnSf
Male. Please address me as 'he'.
This is the 8th line. If your sig is longer than mine, it is too long.

User avatar
Novo Vaticanus
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 116
Founded: Jul 13, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Novo Vaticanus » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:36 am

The blAAtschApen wrote:
Novo Vaticanus wrote:Mmm, but see, that's the thing. Inaction of the spirit is even worse than being purposefully inflammatory. The argument is not just whether or not you should be Catholic; the whole reasoning, at it's core, is that everybody ought to care, because it'll assuredly effect you greatly later on.


And that is where proselytizers are not making any friends :P

It's enormously arrogant to think that others need saving. I'm a functioning adult, if I need help, I'll ask for it :)


Mmm, if the evangelization we do was really done out of like, virtue signaling, I would see exactly what you mean. I especially hate when evangelical protestants try and do it, like it's some kind of virtue competition haha.

But, the thing is, the entire reason we do what we do, is that we really feel a deep desire to share in this lasting happiness that's found in the faith, which can't really be found anywhere else. It's not that you're just a dumb heathen in need of saving or something, that's far from it. If that was the only reason we were spreading the faith, I'd want it to end immediately. It's that, you're a dignified human being, and that you really deserve to be a part of the family that God wants us all to be in, you know?

Sorry for the relatively phatass post, it's just an easy thing for me, personally, to get excited and passionate about lmao <3
Last edited by Novo Vaticanus on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The Blaatschapen
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 53531
Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:40 am

Novo Vaticanus wrote:
The blAAtschApen wrote:
And that is where proselytizers are not making any friends :P

It's enormously arrogant to think that others need saving. I'm a functioning adult, if I need help, I'll ask for it :)


Mmm, if the evangelization we do was really done out of like, virtue signaling, I would see exactly what you mean. I especially hate when evangelical protestants try and do it, like it's some kind of virtue competition haha.

But, the thing is, the entire reason we do what we do, is that we really feel a deep desire to share in this lasting happiness that's found in the faith, which can't really be found anywhere else. It's not that you're just a dumb heathen in need of saving or something, that's far from it. If that was the only reason we were spreading the faith, I'd want it to end immediately. It's that, you're a dignified human being, and that you really deserve to be a part of the family that God wants us all to be in, you know?

Sorry for the relatively phatass post, it's just an easy thing for me, personally, to get excited and passionate about lmao <3


Good for you. Use that passion to accomplish something actually good for the world. Feed the poor :)

See, I disagree that lasting happiness can only be found in 'the' faith. Can you prove that?

Besides that, is happiness really worth pursuing? I'm not an American after all ;) (I'm facetious here, huge hedonist actually)

And indeed, I am a dignified human being :o
Forumer mod, now a rocker mocker. Thank you Ringo
Heaven is other people
Behind the invisible hand of the market hides the iron fist of the state.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain
Silent is an anagram of listen.
Proud adopter of a lamb called violet: http://imgur.com/a/pxnSf
Male. Please address me as 'he'.
This is the 8th line. If your sig is longer than mine, it is too long.

User avatar
Novo Vaticanus
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 116
Founded: Jul 13, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Novo Vaticanus » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:48 am

The blAAtschApen wrote:Good for you. Use that passion to accomplish something actually good for the world. Feed the poor :)

See, I disagree that lasting happiness can only be found in 'the' faith. Can you prove that?

Besides that, is happiness really worth pursuing? I'm not an American after all ;) (I'm facetious here, huge hedonist actually)

And indeed, I am a dignified human being :o


Well actually, the Catholic Church is the single largest provider of charity on the entire planet. It's very much a part of the mission of the faith to feed the poor, visit the sick, clothe the naked, etc.

Again, it's not to virtue signal, but because it's borne of a true and authentic longing to bring as many people to the table of God as possible, you feel?

And yeah, of course lasting happiness can only be found in the faith man! It's the only thing that satisfies the eudaemonic desire in us to be a part of something much, much bigger than ourselves. Pursuing money, fame, glory, and material gratification are all temporary ways of being satisfied, and they don't really hit that spot in our soul, you know? That's why the people who surround themselves with that stuff are often times the most miserable people on the planet.

On whether or not happiness is worth pursuing, it's gotta be man. God isn't just a God of justice, and truth, and all of that stuff; He's a God of ALL that's good, including happiness. So naturally happiness is worth pursuing, it's the logical end to us being here, on Earth.
Last edited by Novo Vaticanus on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 131613
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:41 am

I was raised Catholic and not only don't believe in God, but I don't think I ever really believed in God. When my parents and teachers and priests told me that there's a God in Heaven and all that I took it as true, like I did when they told me anything else.

All the argument I needed to stop thinking of myself as a Catholic was introduction to the idea of there not being any god or gods.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm
He/Him

Dangerous this Jack o' Hearts.
With his kiss
the riot
starts

User avatar
Petrolheadia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11128
Founded: May 02, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Petrolheadia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:59 am

Novo Vaticanus wrote:There is no good argument against the Catholic faith, change my mind

If God loves us, why do we have such fallible free will that leads to such horrible things, and why did he give us limited natural resources and economic scarcity?

Novo Vaticanus wrote:
The blAAtschApen wrote:Good for you. Use that passion to accomplish something actually good for the world. Feed the poor :)

See, I disagree that lasting happiness can only be found in 'the' faith. Can you prove that?

Besides that, is happiness really worth pursuing? I'm not an American after all ;) (I'm facetious here, huge hedonist actually)

And indeed, I am a dignified human being :o


Well actually, the Catholic Church is the single largest provider of charity on the entire planet. It's very much a part of the mission of the faith to feed the poor, visit the sick, clothe the naked, etc.

Well, with its teaching and size, it better be.

Also, how much of that is like the tyrannical Irish "homes" for unweed mothers, how much of this creates a charity dependence vs actual change, how much of this disappears along the way?

Novo Vaticanus wrote:Again, it's not to virtue signal, but because it's borne of a true and authentic longing to bring as many people to the table of God as possible, you feel?

There is a difference between sharing experiences and wasting your time nagging.

I think Lynyrd Skynyrd has a long list of underrated songs, but I don't go telling about them to most of the people I know, because they aren't interested in classic rock at all.

Novo Vaticanus wrote:And yeah, of course lasting happiness can only be found in the faith man! It's the only thing that satisfies the eudaemonic desire in us to be a part of something much, much bigger than ourselves.

The faith community is not the only one out there.
Novo Vaticanus wrote:Pursuing money, fame, glory, and material gratification are all temporary ways of being satisfied, and they don't really hit that spot in our soul, you know? That's why the people who surround themselves with that stuff are often times the most miserable people on the planet.

I feel more satisfied not having to waste an hour every Sunday.

Novo Vaticanus wrote:On whether or not happiness is worth pursuing, it's gotta be man. God isn't just a God of justice, and truth, and all of that stuff; He's a God of ALL that's good, including happiness. So naturally happiness is worth pursuing, it's the logical end to us being here, on Earth.

Yes, which is why I find it in other things.

It wouldn't be much of an overstatement if I said that my playthrough of Mafia III was more fullfilling than all the years of contact with Christianity.

Novo Vaticanus wrote:Ye bastards are a buncha pasty, wishy washy agnostics, haha. Ily all <3

but fr though Catholic gang roll out, yuh aye prr

Actually, on a serious note, where tf are all of the classical Thomistic thinkers at? The Catholic tradition of scholasticism is so potent and strong, there seriously oughta be more of us here. It's sad to me when people say that there's no evidence for God, or that they don't care enough to pursue Him. If there's even a tiny chance that He exists, then why wouldn't you invest everything into making sure you aren't in the wrong place, spiritually? We papists say it all the time, "the wages of sin is eternal life or death."

Tread lightly my friends, and may the Peace of Christ be with you all <3

Some twisted asshole might fly a plane over somebody and drop nails, but do we all wear hard hats?
Last edited by Petrolheadia on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Capitalism, single-payer healthcare, pro-choice, LGBT rights, progressive personal taxation, low corporate tax, pro-business law, welfare for those in need.
Communism, socialism, Nazism, edgism, dogmatic statements, multiculturalism, most of Abrahamic-derived morality (esp. as law), welfare for those not in need.
We are not Albania and I am not Albanian, FFS!
Male, gearhead, classic rock fan, gamer, agnostic, centre-libertarian.
Where you can talk about cars!
"They're always saying I'm a Capitalist pig. I suppose I am, but, ah...it ah...it's good for my drumming, I think." - Keith Moon,
If a Porsche owner treats it like a bicycle, he's a gentleman. And if he prays to it, he's simply a moron. - Jan Nowicki.

User avatar
Salandriagado
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18388
Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Salandriagado » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:46 am

Novo Vaticanus wrote:
The blAAtschApen wrote:
I don't need to poke holes in your faith.

If it gives you strength, go for it. Just don't sell it to me, I'm not buying :p

Mmm, but see, that's the thing. Inaction of the spirit is even worse than being purposefully inflammatory. The argument is not just whether or not you should be Catholic; the whole reasoning, at it's core, is that everybody ought to care, because it'll assuredly effect you greatly later on.


That's easy, then: even ignoring all of the evidence against Catholicism's specific claims, it's vanishing unlikely that it's right, just by the shear vastness of the other, at least equally plausible, possibilities. The probability that the Catholic church is right on the matter of what happens after death is close enough to zero as to be functionally indistinguishable from it.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

User avatar
The World Capitalist Confederation
Minister
 
Posts: 2991
Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:49 am

Novo Vaticanus wrote:
The blAAtschApen wrote:
Nah, why should I put in the effort for that?

To see whether or not your disbelief holds any water or not, haha.
You always see atheists trying to poke holes in the faith, but the fact that God is a God of truth, means that we Catholics have the fullness of truth on our side, and should therefore never be scared to go on the offensive.

That being said, intellectual sparring is just good ass fun, dontchya think?

Have you not realised that the person saying that X is true has the burden of proof?

Meelducan wrote:He probably wouldn't get an endorsement from Weight Watchers.

New Political RP here!

User avatar
Thermodolia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 51905
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:50 am

Australian rePublic wrote:
Bienenhalde wrote:
On the contrary, it seems that many people who have difficult lives turn to religion as a source of solace, while people who are materially wealthy and have things handed to them on a silver platter are more likely to be religiously apathetic. Of course, such trends do not hold true for all individuals.

If God didn't exist, life would be easier. Now I have the fear of hell hanging over my head

Kinda of a shit reason to believe in god yo
Male, Titoist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, give me any good Irish, Canadian, or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA:
Ambassador to the GA Jon Æthr
Ambassador to the SC Eve Šanœ

RIP Dya

User avatar
Thermodolia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 51905
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:51 am

Godular wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:If God didn't exist, life would be easier. Now I have the fear of hell hanging over my head


If God doesn't exist, neither would Hell.

Unless there's some sort of blimp floating around named The Fear of Hell, and it just sorta hovered over you.

Depends on the religion as some religions don’t believe in hell let alone an afterlife
Male, Titoist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, give me any good Irish, Canadian, or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA:
Ambassador to the GA Jon Æthr
Ambassador to the SC Eve Šanœ

RIP Dya

User avatar
Thermodolia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 51905
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:54 am

Novo Vaticanus wrote:Ye bastards are a buncha pasty, wishy washy agnostics, haha. Ily all <3

but fr though Catholic gang roll out, yuh aye prr

Actually, on a serious note, where tf are all of the classical Thomistic thinkers at? The Catholic tradition of scholasticism is so potent and strong, there seriously oughta be more of us here. It's sad to me when people say that there's no evidence for God, or that they don't care enough to pursue Him. If there's even a tiny chance that He exists, then why wouldn't you invest everything into making sure you aren't in the wrong place, spiritually? We papists say it all the time, "the wages of sin is eternal life or death."

Tread lightly my friends, and may the Peace of Christ be with you all <3

I’m quite sure I’m in the right place.
Male, Titoist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, give me any good Irish, Canadian, or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA:
Ambassador to the GA Jon Æthr
Ambassador to the SC Eve Šanœ

RIP Dya

User avatar
Thermodolia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 51905
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:56 am

Novo Vaticanus wrote:There is no good argument against the Catholic faith, change my mind

It’s a Jewish hearsy.
Male, Titoist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, give me any good Irish, Canadian, or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA:
Ambassador to the GA Jon Æthr
Ambassador to the SC Eve Šanœ

RIP Dya

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: -Ocelot-, Alvecia, Ardiveds, Austria-Bohemia-Hungary, Besanroux, Cappuccina, Cerinda, Dresderstan, Estanglia, Fartsniffage, Greater Loegria, HUElavia, Ism, Kowani, Loben The 2nd, Matthias, Necroghastia, Neko-koku, New Hennig, North German Realm, Ordenstaat Burgundy, Ostroeuropa, Peatiktist, Publica, Purgatio, Reverend Norv, Saiwania, Scomagia, Takso, Telconi, The Greater Ohio Valley, Totally Not OEP

Advertisement

Remove ads