NATION

PASSWORD

Weighting Rural Votes?/Election Reform

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
San Lumen
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26921
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby San Lumen » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:57 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
San Lumen wrote:Which is quite literally all you care about

Why doesn't it matter?

Telconi cares about basic rights, go figure.

And they have also called for the peaceful transfer of power to not be respected, believe there is some mass conspiracy against them and that the majority of his state are awful people for the simply fact people have the audacity to disagree with him

User avatar
Telconi
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23089
Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Telconi » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:57 pm

San Lumen wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Or when they ban guns.

It doesn't matter...

Which is quite literally all you care about

Why doesn't it matter?



I care about important things, how terrible of me.

Because the road building is literally an example of things that don't matter, how you pay for the roads that don't matter doesn't matter...
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

User avatar
Telconi
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23089
Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Telconi » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:58 pm

San Lumen wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:Telconi cares about basic rights, go figure.

And they have also called for the peaceful transfer of power to not be respected, believe there is some mass conspiracy against them and that the majority of his state are awful people for the simply fact people have the audacity to disagree with him


Goebbels would be jealous of your capacity to wrap the truth in lies.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

User avatar
San Lumen
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26921
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby San Lumen » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:59 pm

Telconi wrote:
San Lumen wrote:Which is quite literally all you care about

Why doesn't it matter?



I care about important things, how terrible of me.

Because the road building is literally an example of things that don't matter, how you pay for the roads that don't matter doesn't matter...


Its the single thing you believe is important

How does road building not matter? If state highways crumble how can the trucking industry function?

I am not following your line of thought here. Are you saying you dont care if highways fall apart?

User avatar
Northern Davincia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12231
Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Northern Davincia » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:01 pm

San Lumen wrote:
Telconi wrote:

I care about important things, how terrible of me.

Because the road building is literally an example of things that don't matter, how you pay for the roads that don't matter doesn't matter...


Its the single thing you believe is important

How does road building not matter? If state highways crumble how can the trucking industry function?

I am not following your line of thought here. Are you saying you dont care if highways fall apart?

People who lived in Africa and India long ago realized that it's better to live free than to have nice things from outside control.
Right-Libertarian, Minarchist, Laissez-faire Capitalist, Catholic

Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

User avatar
Telconi
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23089
Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Telconi » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:01 pm

San Lumen wrote:
Telconi wrote:

I care about important things, how terrible of me.

Because the road building is literally an example of things that don't matter, how you pay for the roads that don't matter doesn't matter...


Its the single thing you believe is important

How does road building not matter? If state highways crumble how can the trucking industry function?

I am not following your line of thought here. Are you saying you dont care if highways fall apart?


That's not true, and you know it, or should.

Because there are many more important things at stake than roads, if my child grows up to a world with broken pavement or potholes, it will be a far better life than if she grows up into the future you want.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

User avatar
San Lumen
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26921
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby San Lumen » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:03 pm

Telconi wrote:
San Lumen wrote:
Its the single thing you believe is important

How does road building not matter? If state highways crumble how can the trucking industry function?

I am not following your line of thought here. Are you saying you dont care if highways fall apart?


That's not true, and you know it, or should.

Because there are many more important things at stake than roads, if my child grows up to a world with broken pavement or potholes, it will be a far better life than if she grows up into the future you want.


Well then dont blame the state when they have a car accident because the road wasn't fixed.

What is this future I want?

User avatar
Telconi
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23089
Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Telconi » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:03 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
San Lumen wrote:
Its the single thing you believe is important

How does road building not matter? If state highways crumble how can the trucking industry function?

I am not following your line of thought here. Are you saying you dont care if highways fall apart?

People who lived in Africa and India long ago realized that it's better to live free than to have nice things from outside control.


But Ghandi, the British build roads!

t. a """Liberal"""
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

User avatar
Telconi
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23089
Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Telconi » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:05 pm

San Lumen wrote:
Telconi wrote:
That's not true, and you know it, or should.

Because there are many more important things at stake than roads, if my child grows up to a world with broken pavement or potholes, it will be a far better life than if she grows up into the future you want.


Well then dont blame the state when they have a car accident because the road wasn't fixed.

What is this future I want?


Uh, yeah...

Well it involves Gavin Newsom even remotely close enough to the levers of power to breath on them.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

User avatar
San Lumen
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26921
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby San Lumen » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:27 pm

Telconi wrote:
San Lumen wrote:
Well then dont blame the state when they have a car accident because the road wasn't fixed.

What is this future I want?


Uh, yeah...

Well it involves Gavin Newsom even remotely close enough to the levers of power to breath on them.

He was duly elected in a free and fair election with 62 percent of the vote but how dare anyone who disagrees with you vote

User avatar
Doing it Rightland
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 143
Founded: Dec 20, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Doing it Rightland » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:34 pm

San Lumen wrote:I was referring to this: a department that only deals with rural issues still has to enforce policies from a legislature that contains, if not dominated by, urban representatives as well

My goal is to cut that out. I don't think having urban legislators making policies for rural areas and vice versa makes a lot of sense. Let rural counties do rural things, and urban counties do their things, but don't burden urban legislators with rural policies and vice versa unless there's a problem.

San Lumen wrote:Rural counties like Hamilton simply dont have enough residents to pay for what they need. What you want sounds practical but simply would not work in practice

Yeah,it is true that rural counties tend to not have the infrastructure to effectively generate revenue. At the state level, urban taxes subsidize rural budgets. That's where what little of the state government I'd keep comes in. They collect their state taxes and distribute it out. Yeah, there we'd potentially run into some issues. However, as I see it, so long as each county submits a budget, and the total pool of state funds gets divided proportionately between the counties, everybody gets money they need.

At the federal level, the situation is actually a bit different. Most federal development funding goes to cities, so rural areas tend to not have as much funding in that sense.

San Lumen wrote:In my city the MTA receives funding through the state and repairs are payed for through everyones taxes in addition to fares. If you cut off the state funding the subway and commuter rail would have to pass their cost unto riders with their already exorbitant fares. The fares would be so high very few could afford it and they would go bankrupt. So what did you accomplish?

I'm not suggesting cutting state taxes, unless of course the counties were able to tax more. Where I live, the state's main source of revenue is property and sales tax. Either the state would continue to tax that stuff, and simply divide out the funds proportionately according to each county's needs, or the counties take over taxes and handle it on their own.

And about the MTA. If the urban counties are subsidizing rural ones, then why would giving the funding power to counties cause problems. If anything, there should be more money in the cities (since less is leaving to rural communities) and thus the budget problems would be less severe if still sustained.

San Lumen wrote:How does road building not matter? If state highways crumble how can the trucking industry function?

Trains. Europe and Asia do it just fine. Increase the amount of rails, put tolls on highways to raise money for this, and you have more functionality. Or the state continues to tax and pays to build it. Or the counties pay for it.
Just a nation trying to right the wrongs it can.

"Do kayokem anmodo kemode arboyem, y mi — mi ansido na."
-Rightlandian Proverb

User avatar
Telconi
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23089
Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Telconi » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:35 pm

San Lumen wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Uh, yeah...

Well it involves Gavin Newsom even remotely close enough to the levers of power to breath on them.

He was duly elected in a free and fair election with 62 percent of the vote but how dare anyone who disagrees with you vote


Well I'd just prefer if they rustled up some human decency on the way to the polls.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

User avatar
San Lumen
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26921
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby San Lumen » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:38 pm

Telconi wrote:
San Lumen wrote:He was duly elected in a free and fair election with 62 percent of the vote but how dare anyone who disagrees with you vote


Well I'd just prefer if they rustled up some human decency on the way to the polls.

People disagree with you and have the same right to vote as you do

User avatar
Telconi
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23089
Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Telconi » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:42 pm

San Lumen wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Well I'd just prefer if they rustled up some human decency on the way to the polls.

People disagree with you and have the same right to vote as you do


I never argued that.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

User avatar
Northern Davincia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12231
Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Northern Davincia » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:23 pm

San Lumen wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Uh, yeah...

Well it involves Gavin Newsom even remotely close enough to the levers of power to breath on them.

He was duly elected in a free and fair election with 62 percent of the vote but how dare anyone who disagrees with you vote

Argumentum ad populum.
Right-Libertarian, Minarchist, Laissez-faire Capitalist, Catholic

Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

User avatar
San Lumen
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26921
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby San Lumen » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:16 pm

Doing it Rightland wrote:
San Lumen wrote:I was referring to this: a department that only deals with rural issues still has to enforce policies from a legislature that contains, if not dominated by, urban representatives as well

My goal is to cut that out. I don't think having urban legislators making policies for rural areas and vice versa makes a lot of sense. Let rural counties do rural things, and urban counties do their things, but don't burden urban legislators with rural policies and vice versa unless there's a problem.

San Lumen wrote:Rural counties like Hamilton simply dont have enough residents to pay for what they need. What you want sounds practical but simply would not work in practice

Yeah,it is true that rural counties tend to not have the infrastructure to effectively generate revenue. At the state level, urban taxes subsidize rural budgets. That's where what little of the state government I'd keep comes in. They collect their state taxes and distribute it out. Yeah, there we'd potentially run into some issues. However, as I see it, so long as each county submits a budget, and the total pool of state funds gets divided proportionately between the counties, everybody gets money they need.

At the federal level, the situation is actually a bit different. Most federal development funding goes to cities, so rural areas tend to not have as much funding in that sense.

San Lumen wrote:In my city the MTA receives funding through the state and repairs are payed for through everyones taxes in addition to fares. If you cut off the state funding the subway and commuter rail would have to pass their cost unto riders with their already exorbitant fares. The fares would be so high very few could afford it and they would go bankrupt. So what did you accomplish?

I'm not suggesting cutting state taxes, unless of course the counties were able to tax more. Where I live, the state's main source of revenue is property and sales tax. Either the state would continue to tax that stuff, and simply divide out the funds proportionately according to each county's needs, or the counties take over taxes and handle it on their own.

And about the MTA. If the urban counties are subsidizing rural ones, then why would giving the funding power to counties cause problems. If anything, there should be more money in the cities (since less is leaving to rural communities) and thus the budget problems would be less severe if still sustained.

San Lumen wrote:How does road building not matter? If state highways crumble how can the trucking industry function?

Trains. Europe and Asia do it just fine. Increase the amount of rails, put tolls on highways to raise money for this, and you have more functionality. Or the state continues to tax and pays to build it. Or the counties pay for it.


You clearly do not understand how budgets work. A lawmaker from a rural county advocates for what they need and the same goes for one from a urban area. The budget is put together with input from everyone. Dividing funds out based on need is whats already done.

Plus you can't simply have all the counties just raise taxes. In some rural counties its simply not feasible.
Telconi wrote:
San Lumen wrote:People disagree with you and have the same right to vote as you do


I never argued that.


You have called the majority of your state terrible people for voting opposite to you

User avatar
Telconi
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23089
Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Telconi » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:25 pm

San Lumen wrote:
Doing it Rightland wrote:My goal is to cut that out. I don't think having urban legislators making policies for rural areas and vice versa makes a lot of sense. Let rural counties do rural things, and urban counties do their things, but don't burden urban legislators with rural policies and vice versa unless there's a problem.


Yeah,it is true that rural counties tend to not have the infrastructure to effectively generate revenue. At the state level, urban taxes subsidize rural budgets. That's where what little of the state government I'd keep comes in. They collect their state taxes and distribute it out. Yeah, there we'd potentially run into some issues. However, as I see it, so long as each county submits a budget, and the total pool of state funds gets divided proportionately between the counties, everybody gets money they need.

At the federal level, the situation is actually a bit different. Most federal development funding goes to cities, so rural areas tend to not have as much funding in that sense.


I'm not suggesting cutting state taxes, unless of course the counties were able to tax more. Where I live, the state's main source of revenue is property and sales tax. Either the state would continue to tax that stuff, and simply divide out the funds proportionately according to each county's needs, or the counties take over taxes and handle it on their own.

And about the MTA. If the urban counties are subsidizing rural ones, then why would giving the funding power to counties cause problems. If anything, there should be more money in the cities (since less is leaving to rural communities) and thus the budget problems would be less severe if still sustained.


Trains. Europe and Asia do it just fine. Increase the amount of rails, put tolls on highways to raise money for this, and you have more functionality. Or the state continues to tax and pays to build it. Or the counties pay for it.


You clearly do not understand how budgets work. A lawmaker from a rural county advocates for what they need and the same goes for one from a urban area. The budget is put together with input from everyone. Dividing funds out based on need is whats already done.

Plus you can't simply have all the counties just raise taxes. In some rural counties its simply not feasible.
Telconi wrote:
I never argued that.


You have called the majority of your state terrible people for voting opposite to you


Just because someone has the right to vote, doesn't mean their use of that right is respectable.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

User avatar
San Lumen
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26921
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby San Lumen » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:26 pm

Telconi wrote:
San Lumen wrote:
You clearly do not understand how budgets work. A lawmaker from a rural county advocates for what they need and the same goes for one from a urban area. The budget is put together with input from everyone. Dividing funds out based on need is whats already done.

Plus you can't simply have all the counties just raise taxes. In some rural counties its simply not feasible.

You have called the majority of your state terrible people for voting opposite to you


Just because someone has the right to vote, doesn't mean their use of that right is respectable.

Why because they dont vote how you like?

User avatar
Ors Might
Senator
 
Posts: 4069
Founded: Nov 01, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ors Might » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:27 pm

San Lumen wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Just because someone has the right to vote, doesn't mean their use of that right is respectable.

Why because they dont vote how you like?

If one believes they’re voting in favor of rights, why would they respect those that vote the opposite of them?

User avatar
San Lumen
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26921
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby San Lumen » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:28 pm

Ors Might wrote:
San Lumen wrote:Why because they dont vote how you like?

If one believes they’re voting in favor of rights, why would they respect those that vote the opposite of them?

Because everyone has a right to vote regardless of their zip code

User avatar
Ors Might
Senator
 
Posts: 4069
Founded: Nov 01, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ors Might » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:29 pm

San Lumen wrote:
Ors Might wrote:If one believes they’re voting in favor of rights, why would they respect those that vote the opposite of them?

Because everyone has a right to vote regardless of their zip code

And that means you have to respect how they use that right?

User avatar
Telconi
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23089
Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Telconi » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:29 pm

San Lumen wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Just because someone has the right to vote, doesn't mean their use of that right is respectable.

Why because they dont vote how you like?


If we're boiling the entirety of human ideology down to the binary classification of "What Telconi likes" then sure...
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

User avatar
San Lumen
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26921
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby San Lumen » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:33 pm

Ors Might wrote:
San Lumen wrote:Because everyone has a right to vote regardless of their zip code

And that means you have to respect how they use that right?

Yes it does. Someone in San Francisco has equal right to vote as someone in Telconi's town does.
Telconi wrote:
San Lumen wrote:Why because they dont vote how you like?


If we're boiling the entirety of human ideology down to the binary classification of "What Telconi likes" then sure...


And that is a stupid argument. Why should the minority decide who your executive is? You had an election your candidate lost.

User avatar
Ors Might
Senator
 
Posts: 4069
Founded: Nov 01, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ors Might » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:34 pm

San Lumen wrote:
Ors Might wrote:And that means you have to respect how they use that right?

Yes it does. Someone in San Francisco has equal right to vote as someone in Telconi's town does.
Telconi wrote:
If we're boiling the entirety of human ideology down to the binary classification of "What Telconi likes" then sure...


And that is a stupid argument. Why should the minority decide who your executive is? You had an election your candidate lost.

If someone votes for a fucking Nazi, I have zero respect for their vote. They have every right to cast that vote but the person themselves can get bent.

User avatar
Telconi
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23089
Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Telconi » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:36 pm

San Lumen wrote:
Ors Might wrote:And that means you have to respect how they use that right?

Yes it does. Someone in San Francisco has equal right to vote as someone in Telconi's town does.
Telconi wrote:
If we're boiling the entirety of human ideology down to the binary classification of "What Telconi likes" then sure...


And that is a stupid argument. Why should the minority decide who your executive is? You had an election your candidate lost.


Literally in one post, you defend the idea that everyone's beliefs deserve respect, and then state that my alleged beliefs (which aren't actually my beliefs) are stupid.

Perhaps you could at least pretend to have some level of consistency...
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aeritai, Austria-Bohemia-Hungary, Auzkhia, Cannot think of a name, Danubia-Slavia, Diopolis, Dumb Ideologies, Grinning Dragon, Hirota, LiberNovusAmericae, Majestic-12 [Bot], Nakena, Ostroeuropa, Serconas, The blAAtschApen, The Xenopolis Confederation, Thermodolia, Totally Not OEP, Uunited Islands, Window Land, YeetYeet16

Advertisement

Remove ads