NATION

PASSWORD

2019-2020 US Elections Megathread I- It Begins

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which Candidate do you support?

Bernie
33%
Beto
1%
Biden
5%
Buttigieg
9%
Harris
1%
Warren
6%
Yang
8%
Trump
29%
Weld
1%
Other
8%

Total votes : 308

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:06 am

Len Hyet wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
It's not my fault the hypocrisy from the conservative side is blatant as fuck there.

Suck it up. Hold yourself to the higher standard and stop playing in the fucking mud.

Jesus I am tired of this bullshit.

"Waaah but the right/left/orange man/old woman said mean things to me!!!!"

Okay, and? Be the better person for God's sake. Or wallow in the shit with them if you really want to, but don't be surprised when the smell doesn't wash off so easily.

You know what's funny? There's nothing about mean things being said in that exchange. If you're going to complain that I need new material, maybe try not posting the same scripted spiel over and over again.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

The Feylands
Envoy

Founded: Jul 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Feylands » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:32 am

I did hope Trump would make it last time although I don't quite like his personal style. But I'm not American and perhaps that's what US Conservatism needed? With all the X-tianity everywhere it's not hard to guess why someone less eh... "prude"... doing some hard-ball could be beneficial. :p

For this round... eh... Idk. I have kinda liked some of the things I've seen of Tulsi Gabbard although it's a pity she's a Democrat and supports abortion etc. (protip as for marriage stuff: why not just take the government out of it - it doesn't have much resemblance to marriage in vedic or biblical times anyway :o )

But eh... I guess Trump would still be for the best. If nothing else I can't help thinking that Xi Xiansheng might be rather happy about the fact that the guy doing all this anti-China vitriol is someone who is kinda hard to take seriously. :)

I mean.. imagine "Donald Trump Thought" as a serious political doctrine... :D
Last edited by The Feylands on Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hey there u! I'm Fey - the Celestial Fairy Princess! "Mᴀᴋɪɴɢ NS ᴄᴏsɪᴇʀ sɪɴᴄᴇ 2017!"® (◕‿◕)
, Vegetarian, Crazy Cat Lady, Dharmic Pagan, Metal, Fantasy, Elf/Fairy, Chinaboo, Yogi etc.
How can I be so cuddly and huggable? ♥♥♥ Because I exist to ease the suffering of this world! (⌒▽⌒) #TheBuddhaRocks
Little secret: I have a superpower called "ADHD". (^̮^)
♥Her Radiance's Celestial Thought♥
Neat: Essentialism, Monarchy, Difference Feminism, Animal rights, Green Conservatism, 中国, Beauty, Dignity of all life
ಠ~ಠ: Passive aggressive dorks, Abrahamic/Antropocentric world-view(s), the EU, celebrating ugliness..
I support Israel and everyone who suffer needlessly because of their own compassion.♥ (ಥ﹏ಥ)

The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister

Founded: Jun 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:51 am

The Feylands wrote:I mean.. imagine "Donald Trump Thought" as a serious political doctrine... :D

It’s called Trumpism, but Trump thought would be a great parody ideology.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

Bienenhalde
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bienenhalde » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:16 am

Eternal Lotharia wrote:This is being more used as a hypothetical to gauge stuff, but if I ran for President in 2020 and somehow was legally able to, assume I had enough experience for you, who here would vote for me/support me, over all current and current candidates who have expressed interest? I'd like to know why you'd support me as well, and why you'd support certain others more than me if they of the current roster chose to run.

I want to use this more as to gauge something than to actually have yall's support or whatever, considering I can't run until 2036, so treat this as an experiment, of how I-and NSG'ers-stack up against the current roster, in NSG's mind.

Personally, I would be sympathetic to your ideals, but I would say your lack of political experience would be a liability, especially in a crowded field like the one we have right now.

Bienenhalde
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bienenhalde » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:21 am

The Feylands wrote:I did hope Trump would make it last time although I don't quite like his personal style. But I'm not American and perhaps that's what US Conservatism needed? With all the X-tianity everywhere it's not hard to guess why someone less eh... "prude"... doing some hard-ball could be beneficial. :p

Trump is a wicked, degenerate man, and as a Christian, I think he has done a terrible job as president. It is sad to see the Republican Party abandoning the Christian values that it used to stand for.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:35 am

The Feylands wrote:I did hope Trump would make it last time although I don't quite like his personal style. But I'm not American and perhaps that's what US Conservatism needed? With all the X-tianity everywhere it's not hard to guess why someone less eh... "prude"... doing some hard-ball could be beneficial. :p

For this round... eh... Idk. I have kinda liked some of the things I've seen of Tulsi Gabbard although it's a pity she's a Democrat and supports abortion etc. (protip as for marriage stuff: why not just take the government out of it - it doesn't have much resemblance to marriage in vedic or biblical times anyway :o )

But eh... I guess Trump would still be for the best. If nothing else I can't help thinking that Xi Xiansheng might be rather happy about the fact that the guy doing all this anti-China vitriol is someone who is kinda hard to take seriously. :)

I mean.. imagine "Donald Trump Thought" as a serious political doctrine... :D

I don't like Trump's style either. For a Germanic Protestant he sure acts like a Queens greaseball sometimes. That being said, I think he's what we needed, and at least during the campaign, he got it. Kind of been a let down as president but still better than the alternative.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:36 am

Bienenhalde wrote:

Trump is a wicked, degenerate man, and as a Christian, I think he has done a terrible job as president. It is sad to see the Republican Party abandoning the Christian values that it used to stand for.

When did it used to stand for Christian values? The Republicans have absolutely caved and lost every fight on social conservatism since the 1980s.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:38 am

Bienenhalde wrote:

Meh. Good riddance. I would like to see them go back to their roots as the party of liberty.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:00 am

Aclion wrote:
Bienenhalde wrote:

Meh. Good riddance. I would like to see them go back to their roots as the party of liberty.

Unless you're a woman. Or a homosexual. Or a Muslim.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:41 am

Vassenor wrote:
Aclion wrote:Meh. Good riddance. I would like to see them go back to their roots as the party of liberty.

Strawmanning people is rude, friend.
Last edited by Telconi on Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:43 am

Vassenor wrote:
Aclion wrote:Meh. Good riddance. I would like to see them go back to their roots as the party of liberty.

I'm pretty sure the poster is referring to the Classical Liberal part of the GOP, which it was at one point a long time ago.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:45 am

Zurkerx wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

I'm pretty sure the poster is referring to the Classical Liberal part of the GOP, which it was at one point a long time ago.

I don't think we're going to see a return to the pre-Reagan days.
Last edited by Conserative Morality on Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Len Hyet » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:45 am

Vassenor wrote:
Len Hyet wrote:Suck it up. Hold yourself to the higher standard and stop playing in the fucking mud.

Jesus I am tired of this bullshit.

"Waaah but the right/left/orange man/old woman said mean things to me!!!!"

Okay, and? Be the better person for God's sake. Or wallow in the shit with them if you really want to, but don't be surprised when the smell doesn't wash off so easily.

You know what's funny? There's nothing about mean things being said in that exchange. If you're going to complain that I need new material, maybe try not posting the same scripted spiel over and over again.

I honestly don't know what you're talking about. Yesterday was the first time I have ever asked people for a higher quality of debate in this way.

I've tried doing it by example, I've tried being a snarky ass, I've never tried just out and out saying it. So what exactly is the issue here? Honest question. No snark. No ulterior motive.

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Len Hyet wrote:Prove me wrong. Be better.

No one needs your class to graduate.

Never said anyone did. You don't need my approval, my like, my trust, or anything from me. Never said or suggested otherwise.

But I am asking you and everyone else to contribute to a better debate. Maybe I worded it poorly, fine I accept that. I'm human, I make mistakes. I get angry. I use sarcasm as a shortcut. I am wrong sometimes. I am misinformed. I do things the wrong way.

Now I am asking you, and everyone else, to work together for something better. That's it. If I worded it poorly, if I slipped into old bad habits, I can do nothing but sincerely apologize. I am sorry if I came off as condescending and rude. I will fail to live up to my own expectations, that is a given. But this is something worth trying for.

So please. Can we do this? Can we just try?
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.
American 2L. No I will not answer your legal question.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:46 am

Len Hyet wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

I honestly don't know what you're talking about. Yesterday was the first time I have ever asked people for a higher quality of debate in this way.

I've tried doing it by example, I've tried being a snarky ass, I've never tried just out and out saying it. So what exactly is the issue here? Honest question. No snark. No ulterior motive.

Cannot think of a name wrote:No one needs your class to graduate.

Never said anyone did. You don't need my approval, my like, my trust, or anything from me. Never said or suggested otherwise.

But I am asking you and everyone else to contribute to a better debate. Maybe I worded it poorly, fine I accept that. I'm human, I make mistakes. I get angry. I use sarcasm as a shortcut. I am wrong sometimes. I am misinformed. I do things the wrong way.

Now I am asking you, and everyone else, to work together for something better. That's it. If I worded it poorly, if I slipped into old bad habits, I can do nothing but sincerely apologize. I am sorry if I came off as condescending and rude. I will fail to live up to my own expectations, that is a given. But this is something worth trying for.

Okay but what if we want A C C E L E R A T I O N I S M
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Postby Len Hyet » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:50 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
Len Hyet wrote:I honestly don't know what you're talking about. Yesterday was the first time I have ever asked people for a higher quality of debate in this way.

Okay but what if we want A C C E L E R A T I O N I S M

I haven't had enough coffee yet this morning to completely grasp the joke I'm afraid :p
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:51 am

Len Hyet wrote:I haven't had enough coffee yet this morning to completely grasp the joke I'm afraid :p

What if we have no interest in improving debate because we want everything to burn so we can get a clean slate to build Our New Utopia on?

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Postby Len Hyet » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:53 am

Len Hyet wrote:I haven't had enough coffee yet this morning to completely grasp the joke I'm afraid :p

What if we have no interest in improving debate because we want everything to burn so we can get a clean slate to build Our New Utopia on?

Welp. Guess I'd be SOL in that case. Wouldn't be the first time, doubt it'll be the last.

Ifreann
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:53 am

Zurkerx wrote:

"What if we southern strategy even harder?"
He/Him

beating the devil
we never run from the devil
we never summon the devil
we never hide from from the devil
we never

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:12 am

Zurkerx wrote:

I unfortunately agree with you, unless some random insurgence comes and doesn't get hijack. We'll make a comeback one way or the other :p

Oh, When you want to pressure the Maduro Regime but are considering not granting immigration relief for 70,000 Venezuelans because the administration didn't provide the same benefit for other nations

Got to love when your policies conflate (if that's the word?) each other.

#genius
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:23 pm

Then you're just a bad person.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Republic of Penguinian Astronautia
Envoy

Founded: Oct 30, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Republic of Penguinian Astronautia » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:37 pm

Telconi wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:What if we have no interest in improving debate because we want everything to burn so we can get a clean slate to build Our New Utopia on?

Then you're just a bad person.

Or don't understand the importance of space colonization.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:50 pm

Beto O'Rourke keeping his amazing first-day fundraising figures a secret over the weekend to bamboozle the media was both impressive and annoying to watch unfold.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:16 pm

Valrifell wrote:Beto O'Rourke keeping his amazing first-day fundraising figures a secret over the weekend to bamboozle the media was both impressive and annoying to watch unfold.

To be fair, impressive and annoying is a pretty apt description of O'Rourke.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:18 pm

Valrifell wrote:Beto O'Rourke keeping his amazing first-day fundraising figures a secret over the weekend to bamboozle the media was both impressive and annoying to watch unfold.

Robert Francis O’Rourke is getting grilled by his own side for his St. Patrick’s Day microagression. I’ve said this many times before, but the Social Justice Political Correctness (SJPC) culture is imploding in on itself, since their own people are now offending each other
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:19 pm

Telconi wrote:

To be fair, impressive and annoying is a pretty apt description of O'Rourke.

True.

Aureumterra wrote:

Robert Francis O’Rourke is getting grilled by his own side for his St. Patrick’s Day microagression. I’ve said this many times before, but the Social Justice Political Correctness (SJPC) culture is imploding in on itself, since their own people are now offending each other

The trick is that O'Rourke was never cool enough to be on that wing of the party.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General