NATION

PASSWORD

2020 US Presidential Election Megathread I- It Begins

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Out of the candidates who are in/have exploratory committees, who would you support?

President Donald Trump
119
41%
Sen. Elizabeth Warren
121
42%
Former HUD Secretary Julian Castro
15
5%
Soon-to-be Former Congressman John Delaney
4
1%
WV State Sen. Richard Ojeda
29
10%
 
Total votes : 288

User avatar
Thermodolia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 47375
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:52 am

Bahktar wrote:
Knockturn Alley wrote:
Ah, so you're one of those "Republican = bad by default" people. Can you point out which of her stances you object to apart from her former anti-LGBT stance?


No, I'm one of those people who think that the Democratic Party nominee shouldn't be someone who was keen on and could have easily been apart of a Republican Party-ruled government.
Overall, I don't object to her stances, otherwise than her support for Assad and authoritarian tinpots.

I just think there are better choices.

Because fuck those who might reach across the aisle
Male, centrist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, loves dogs particularly German Shepherds, give me any good Irish or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA:
Ambassador to the GA Jon Æthr
Ambassador to the SC Eve Šanœ

RIP Dya

User avatar
Knockturn Alley
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 485
Founded: Oct 28, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Knockturn Alley » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:57 am

Bahktar wrote:
Knockturn Alley wrote:
Ah, so you're one of those "Republican = bad by default" people. Can you point out which of her stances you object to apart from her former anti-LGBT stance?


No, I'm one of those people who think that the Democratic Party nominee shouldn't be someone who was keen on and could have easily been apart of a Republican Party-ruled government.
Overall, I don't object to her stances, otherwise than her support for Assad and authoritarian tinpots.

I just think there are better choices.


I fail to see how "could have easily been a Republican" is a bad thing
Lelouch Lamperouge wrote:The only one who has the right to kill is he who is willing to die himself

Unknown wrote:There is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come

Political Compass [OUTDATED]:
Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.74
capitalism, free speech, atheism, nature, gun rights, metal music, technology, anime, stoicism, mgtow
traditionalism, racism, religion, virtue-signalling, celebrities, SJWs, PC Culture

User avatar
Knockturn Alley
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 485
Founded: Oct 28, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Knockturn Alley » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:59 am

Bahktar wrote:
Knockturn Alley wrote:
That is just complete load of bullshit. Of course there is a choice, you could choose to live in hardship as a good man or live in luxury as an evil man. Maybe to you thats a no contest which says a lot about you, but to me that's all the difference in the world


It's not about me, it's moreso about the people in the Middle East. Perhaps you wouldn't understand.
It's a fact that economic poverty and political instability are strong driving forces of radical Islam.


"Economic poverty is a strong driving force of chopping up people's heads" is objectively a terrible argument
Lelouch Lamperouge wrote:The only one who has the right to kill is he who is willing to die himself

Unknown wrote:There is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come

Political Compass [OUTDATED]:
Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.74
capitalism, free speech, atheism, nature, gun rights, metal music, technology, anime, stoicism, mgtow
traditionalism, racism, religion, virtue-signalling, celebrities, SJWs, PC Culture

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 124859
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ifreann » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:08 am

Knockturn Alley wrote:
Bahktar wrote:
You don't get it once again. My first sentence was literally saying "the debate is not about if you're a bad person," but about how Gabbard thinks Muslims are radical Muslims because Muslims are radical Muslims, but have you ever thought there might be more to it than just simply radical rhetoric inducing people to join? It's the economic and political circumstances turning these people to bad people and to follow radical Islam. First, they join because they need money and next, they start believing what they're actually saying. In the spirit of "There is no choice between being a communist on 1,500 calories a day and a believer in democracy on 1000 calories.", I think there can be a parallel drawn to the Middle East and people supporting radical organizations.
There's no choice between being a radical Muslim on 100 dollars a month and a believer in the lawful & legal Iraqi government on 50 dollars.


That is just complete load of bullshit. Of course there is a choice, you could choose to live in hardship as a good man or live in luxury as an evil man. Maybe to you thats a no contest which says a lot about you, but to me that's all the difference in the world

How evil you think people are for joining ISIS to get money is irrelevant. You can't beat violent extremism just by shooting them all. You have to understand why people are joining groups like ISIS in order to convince them not to. If Gabbard doesn't understand that, that's a problem.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm.

User avatar
Bahktar
Attaché
 
Posts: 79
Founded: Mar 16, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bahktar » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:08 am

Knockturn Alley wrote:
Bahktar wrote:
It's not about me, it's moreso about the people in the Middle East. Perhaps you wouldn't understand.
It's a fact that economic poverty and political instability are strong driving forces of radical Islam.


"Economic poverty is a strong driving force of chopping up people's heads" is objectively a terrible argument


That's a different way to phrase it, but my argument still stands. It's not an argument, it's literally a fact that economic poverty is a driving force of extremism.

User avatar
Bahktar
Attaché
 
Posts: 79
Founded: Mar 16, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bahktar » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:09 am

Knockturn Alley wrote:
Bahktar wrote:
No, I'm one of those people who think that the Democratic Party nominee shouldn't be someone who was keen on and could have easily been apart of a Republican Party-ruled government.
Overall, I don't object to her stances, otherwise than her support for Assad and authoritarian tinpots.

I just think there are better choices.


I fail to see how "could have easily been a Republican" is a bad thing


Because you're not a Republican, you're supposedly a Democrat.

User avatar
Bahktar
Attaché
 
Posts: 79
Founded: Mar 16, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bahktar » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:11 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Bahktar wrote:
Except Hillary Clinton isn't racist, antisemitic or homophobic, which I don't think Gabbard is, at least anymore. I think her positions are just too Republican for a Democratic Party nomination

Ah so making racist jokes in a place where there aren’t any blacks is just fine right? Because Clinton has done that.

I didn’t know that saying Obamacare did go far enough and being very pro-Green are republican issues now. Huh I guess the US haz really moved far to the left.


Except Gabbard has said inflammatory statements in regards to LGBT supporters in the past as I stated in my post and there's doubt cast on if she's really a supporter.

Unlike the SJWs I don’t give a shit about what someone said almost 8+ years ago.

Clinton did swap after Obama said it, but the difference is that at that point, Obama wasn't her opponent anymore, while you claim that she did it when her opponent supported gay marriage. Obama fully flopped to support gay marriage in 2012, while Clinton did in 2013, at which point they weren't real political opponents since the 2008 primaries.

Obama first said he was pro-gay back in 2007-2008 during the primaries. I remember because my parents pitched a fit.


Well, that's your position. I think watching Gaddafi slaughter his civilians for revolting and likewise for Assad also isn't a very good picture for the USA. I think if you're using chemical weapons on your own people, it's reasonable if some countries support the rebels.

We shouldn’t be the world police. Also Libya is a fucking mess right now. We shouldn’t have gotten involved.


I made a misunderstanding there. I'd like to think I did disprove "shit", read what I said above.

Well ya didn’t.


She is to the left of many Democratic politicians, but the fact she could have easily been in Trump's cabinet and that she received praise from Republicans for her right-wing positions on other matters doesn't perplex me to support her as a presidential candidate.

And? That means she has the ability to steal Trump voters. Which isn’t a bad thing. I’m against the idea that just because you agreed with Trump on several things you’re evil Incarnate.


Except you missed the part where in 2004 she called a magazine "homosexual extremist supporters".
No, not really. Here's the real reason, which is more or less "we're not so sure as we'd like".
https://mauitime.com/news/politics/here ... -campaign/

See what I said above about not giving a flying fuck about what someone said 16+ years ago
Strange how Equality Hawaii supports her. Maybe the DNC LGBT peeps shouldn’t be trusted.


Except that, as I said, she seems to think Islamic extremism happens "just because", not because of political and economic problems in said respective countries. I guess you don't understand my point.

Oh no I understand your point. I think it’s fucking bullshit.


I suppose discriminating against war refugees that aren't minorities is OK.
You could treat everyone fairly, no?

I’m against most refugees.


Reach out to the other side?
I don't want the Democratic Party to nominate someone who wanted to work in Trump's cabinet. Do you really not see the problem here?

Orange man bad. People who agree with orange man also bad. Yup think I got it.

You casually ignore the fact that she is close with Narenda Modi, despite all the anti-Muslim actions and rhetoric he has undertaken and supported riots that killed 800 Muslims and 1,000 in total.

And? I think we need to have stronger ties with India.


We need a candidate that can be approached by independent voters, not the Republican core. I don't think the Democratic Party needs a candidate, who as I said, could easily be apart of Trump's cabinet right now.

Funny this independent along with several others I know of are all for Gabbard. As usual the democrats underestimate who can win because they don’t Kowtow to the party line.

I would rather nominate someone who isn't as conflicted as Gabbard.

Gabbard isn’t that conflicted.


I'll respond fully when I get the motivation to get on my computer.

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 124859
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ifreann » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:11 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Bahktar wrote:
No, I'm one of those people who think that the Democratic Party nominee shouldn't be someone who was keen on and could have easily been apart of a Republican Party-ruled government.
Overall, I don't object to her stances, otherwise than her support for Assad and authoritarian tinpots.

I just think there are better choices.

Because fuck those who might reach across the aisle

It certainly didn't take long for Gabbard to get fans who'll defend her mindlessly.
Last edited by Ifreann on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm.

User avatar
Trollzyn the Infinite
Diplomat
 
Posts: 678
Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:14 am

#AnyoneButTrump

Please.
Eodor wrote:
Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:Do you want Crusades? Because this is how you get Crusades.

Trazyn the Infinite encourages Imperial forces to embark on the Indomitus Crusade after the Fall of Cadia. Circa. M42
Proctopeo wrote:
Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:Come back when the French aren't protesting about something. That's real news.

"President Macron, the peasants are revolting!"
"I'm well aware of that, they don't even bathe. Servant, bring me more wine."
The South Falls wrote:
Kannap wrote:This look isn't cute on you.

He's funding my salt mine.

User avatar
Bahktar
Attaché
 
Posts: 79
Founded: Mar 16, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bahktar » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:35 am

Thermodolia wrote:

Ah so making racist jokes in a place where there aren’t any blacks is just fine right? Because Clinton has done that.

I didn’t know that saying Obamacare did go far enough and being very pro-Green are republican issues now. Huh I guess the US haz really moved far to the left.


I don't support Hillary, but saying that "they all look alike" and as a joke at that doesn't really make them fiery, raging racists. What she said was wrong, but that doesn't make her a massive racist.

You seem to have ignored the fact that I said that while Gabbard is to the left of many Democratic Party members, some of her policies align with the Republican Party, which led to her being a candidate for Trump's cabinet.

Unlike the SJWs I don’t give a shit about what someone said almost 8+ years ago.


I don't see any SJWs saying that. Unlike you, I'm not convinced by a candidate if they've discouraged homosexuality in the past and their support nowdays is not rock-solid.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying Gabbard doesn't support same-sex marriage in the end, I'm saying we can pick a better candidate which has a clear track record that says "yes, legalize it" and didn't talk trash about homosexuals.

You seem to think my argument is to prove that Gabbard is a fiery anti-homosexual or something. No, I'm pointing out that there's legitimate doubts and we should support someone else who has a more clear track record.

Obama first said he was pro-gay back in 2007-2008 during the primaries. I remember because my parents pitched a fit.


Wrong.
http://time.com/3816952/obama-gay-lesbi ... bt-rights/
He promised to repeal DOMA and to support civil unions, which you could argue give as much benefits as actual marriage, but it's still not quite there.

We shouldn’t be the world police. Also Libya is a fucking mess right now. We shouldn’t have gotten involved.


That's simply a matter of viewpoint and our difference of opinion as if we should have withdrawn or not. I think there can be arguments for both sides, but to me, Gabbard supporting Assad and such is a minus. Besides, it's not like the USA invaded Libya. Libya is a mess because the people there can't sort it out themselves and Europe isn't doing anything about it, not because the USA invaded and occupied them.

Well ya didn’t.


If you keep blatantly staying ignorant to reasons as to why, then yes, I didn't prove anything. What I'm saying is her past actions cast doubt on her current positions. We need someone with a clear, transparent track record.

And? That means she has the ability to steal Trump voters. Which isn’t a bad thing. I’m against the idea that just because you agreed with Trump on several things you’re evil Incarnate.


I'm against the idea that someone who could have served in Trump's disaster of a cabinet is the best Democratic Party nominee we have. We don't need to steal Trump voters. They're not going to vote for Gabbard anyways, because if she is a nominee, I can assure you they will find a lot of trash to talk about her and no real Trump supporter will vote for her. We can only swing away independents.

See what I said above about not giving a flying fuck about what someone said 16+ years ago
Strange how Equality Hawaii supports her. Maybe the DNC LGBT peeps shouldn’t be trusted.


See what I said about how we can have a candidate with a more clearer record on homosexual rights.


Oh no I understand your point. I think it’s fucking bullshit.


No, you really don't understand it. People don't join ISIS because "ISIS", you can't ignore the underlying reasons behind extremism.

I’m against most refugees.


We're not talking about if refugees should be let in or not, we're talking about how Gabbard supports a policy which discriminates against non-minority refugees.

And? I think we need to have stronger ties with India.


I think being an admirer of someone who is an anti-Muslim and is indirectly involved with an anti-Muslim riot and was involved with an anti-Muslim radical organization which's member killed Gandhi isn't really a good thing.

EDIT:
"Nazi Germany just had mass anti-Jewish riots."
"And? I think we need to have stronger ties with Germany."

Funny this independent along with several others I know of are all for Gabbard. As usual the democrats underestimate who can win because they don’t Kowtow to the party line.


You like to assume that I support the Democratic Party establishment. I think the Democratic Party can nominate someone better, I don't think Gabbard is bad and I don't dislike her for speaking against the DNC.

Saying you know a few people is not an argument until you make a study which clearly presents to me that independent voters prefer Tulsi Gabbard.

Gabbard isn’t that conflicted.


Her history suggests otherwise. There's better candidates out there.
Last edited by Bahktar on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Knockturn Alley
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 485
Founded: Oct 28, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Knockturn Alley » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:00 am

Bahktar wrote:
Knockturn Alley wrote:
I fail to see how "could have easily been a Republican" is a bad thing


Because you're not a Republican, you're supposedly a Democrat.

So your position is that if you're a democrat and republicans dont dislike you, you must be doing something wrong?
Last edited by Knockturn Alley on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lelouch Lamperouge wrote:The only one who has the right to kill is he who is willing to die himself

Unknown wrote:There is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come

Political Compass [OUTDATED]:
Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.74
capitalism, free speech, atheism, nature, gun rights, metal music, technology, anime, stoicism, mgtow
traditionalism, racism, religion, virtue-signalling, celebrities, SJWs, PC Culture

User avatar
Bahktar
Attaché
 
Posts: 79
Founded: Mar 16, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bahktar » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:12 am

Knockturn Alley wrote:So your position is that if you're a democrat and republicans dont dislike you, you must be doing something wrong?


No, my position is that the Democratic Party doesn't need to nominate someone who could have served in Trump's disastrous cabinet. We have better people. We don't need to cosy up to Trump and his hardcore supporters who won't change their minds anyways.

Besides, if Gabbard does get the nomination, I'm sure that suddenly all that "cross the aisle" work with Gabbard will be thrown out of the window and she'll be vilified as has any Democratic nominee by Trump.

Either way, Gabbard softened her positions once she found out she's not getting the job. That's not really across the aisle work either, which is what you claim, it's opportunism.

User avatar
Western Vale Confederacy
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5970
Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:12 am

Knockturn Alley wrote:
Bahktar wrote:
Because you're not a Republican, you're supposedly a Democrat.

So your position is that if you're a democrat and republicans dont dislike you, you must be doing something wrong?


Attempting to appeal to the other side to gain votes is considered heresy and treason, apparently.

User avatar
Bahktar
Attaché
 
Posts: 79
Founded: Mar 16, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bahktar » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:23 am

Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
Attempting to appeal to the other side to gain votes is considered heresy and treason, apparently.


Appealing to the other side is different from wanting to work in Trump's cabinet and accepting their endorsement.

The Republican Party themselves aren't trying to appeal to the Democratic Party.

User avatar
Shrillland
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8096
Founded: Apr 12, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Shrillland » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:38 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Shrillland wrote:
As I see it, her domestic views are good, it's just her cynical foreign policy that should've died with the Cold War that keeps me from actually voting for her myself.

Because invading Iraq was a great idea. And bombing the shit out of Libya was a great thing to do. We should totally do the same to Syria. What do you mean Iraq and Libya are terrorists infested hellholes?


I never supported Iraq, and the Libyans asked us to come in, so it wasn't like we barged in uninvited.
The Shrill Pony Federation, where all the Fillies are strong, all the Stallions are good looking, and all the Foals are above average. (Not affiliated with the user known as Shrilland with two Ls.)
Factbook
Embassy

User avatar
Thermodolia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 47375
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:50 am

Shrillland wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Because invading Iraq was a great idea. And bombing the shit out of Libya was a great thing to do. We should totally do the same to Syria. What do you mean Iraq and Libya are terrorists infested hellholes?


I never supported Iraq, and the Libyans asked us to come in, so it wasn't like we barged in uninvited.

Still we shouldn’t go in. The south Vietnamienne asked us to come help yet there are several who said we never should have gotten involved.

Honestly I think the idea that democracy can work everywhere is flawed. Iraq and Afghanistan have pretty much always been under an autocratic ruler. We should have propped up one of the more pro-American Generals instead of going full nation building.
Male, centrist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, loves dogs particularly German Shepherds, give me any good Irish or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA:
Ambassador to the GA Jon Æthr
Ambassador to the SC Eve Šanœ

RIP Dya

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 124859
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ifreann » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:20 am

Knockturn Alley wrote:
Bahktar wrote:
Because you're not a Republican, you're supposedly a Democrat.

So your position is that if you're a democrat and republicans dont dislike you, you must be doing something wrong?

Anyone Trump approves probably is doing something wrong, yes.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm.

User avatar
Shrillland
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8096
Founded: Apr 12, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Shrillland » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:21 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Shrillland wrote:
I never supported Iraq, and the Libyans asked us to come in, so it wasn't like we barged in uninvited.

Still we shouldn’t go in. The south Vietnamienne asked us to come help yet there are several who said we never should have gotten involved.

Honestly I think the idea that democracy can work everywhere is flawed. Iraq and Afghanistan have pretty much always been under an autocratic ruler. We should have propped up one of the more pro-American Generals instead of going full nation building.


Fair enough, I'll grant.

Now for news from Reuters: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/democrat-julian-castro-expected-to-launch-2020-us-presidential-bid/ar-BBS8G1o?li=BBnbcA1

We knew it was coming, and now, Julian Castro's making it official.
The Shrill Pony Federation, where all the Fillies are strong, all the Stallions are good looking, and all the Foals are above average. (Not affiliated with the user known as Shrilland with two Ls.)
Factbook
Embassy

User avatar
Eglaecia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 381
Founded: May 23, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Eglaecia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:28 am

Tulsi announcing is amazing. I hate her abortion stance but her foreign policy and economic policy have been great while in Congress. I don't care who wins between her and Ojeda, but there are far too many progressives running right now. The divide between progressives is an issue, since no major neoliberal Democrats have announced yet.
T h e | F e d e r a l | R e p v b l i c | o f | E g l a e c i a

OOC Overview
Christian Democrat à la Adenauer | Agrarian Localism | Pedestrianisation | Environmentalism

User avatar
Thermodolia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 47375
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:29 am

Eglaecia wrote:Tulsi announcing is amazing. I hate her abortion stance but her foreign policy and economic policy have been great while in Congress. I don't care who wins between her and Ojeda, but there are far too many progressives running right now. The divide between progressives is an issue, since no major neoliberal Democrats have announced yet.

Castro is kinda neoliberal
Male, centrist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, loves dogs particularly German Shepherds, give me any good Irish or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA:
Ambassador to the GA Jon Æthr
Ambassador to the SC Eve Šanœ

RIP Dya

User avatar
Eglaecia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 381
Founded: May 23, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Eglaecia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:42 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Eglaecia wrote:Tulsi announcing is amazing. I hate her abortion stance but her foreign policy and economic policy have been great while in Congress. I don't care who wins between her and Ojeda, but there are far too many progressives running right now. The divide between progressives is an issue, since no major neoliberal Democrats have announced yet.

Castro is kinda neoliberal

Never even saw he announced. This could be a problem.
T h e | F e d e r a l | R e p v b l i c | o f | E g l a e c i a

OOC Overview
Christian Democrat à la Adenauer | Agrarian Localism | Pedestrianisation | Environmentalism

User avatar
Aellex
Senator
 
Posts: 4145
Founded: Apr 23, 2016
Tyranny by Majority

Postby Aellex » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:47 am

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:#AnyoneButTrump

Please.

I, for one, look forward to four more years of him.
You can't fathom how much of a boon he has been for us non-anglophone students when it comes to our studies. :p
Citoyen Français. Disillusioned Gaulliste. Catholique.

Tombé au champ d'honneur, add 11400 posts.

Member of the Committee
for Proletarian Morality

User avatar
United States of Natan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5438
Founded: Jul 21, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby United States of Natan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:58 am

Thermodolia wrote:
United States of Natan wrote:I just want to punch my hand into something really hard out of frustration that so many people seem completely oblivious to her record which should disqualify her as a Democratic candidate.

Oh so sad that people don’t want your uber crazy lady who said that the second amendment should be repealed. I’m so sorry the rest of us want someone who can ya know win in places that aren’t NY and CA.

I mean, there would be riots if Hillary Clinton was a homophobic, racist, antisemitic,

I didn’t see any riots when Clinton was nominated. Also Gabbard isn’t racist or antisemitic or homophobic. And unlike Hillary “I’m against gay marriage” Clinton she changed her mind after serving in Iraq and not because her opponent for the nomination said gays are cool.

bigoted former cultist masquerading as a Democrat, who supports Assad and other dictators.

Yes because invading every goddamn nation on the planet because dictator man bad is the best thing ever and has never ever messed up. Pay no mind to the fact that Iraq and Libya are worse off than before we “helped”

She'd have been run out of the country.

And that’s why Trump and Pence aren’t in office. Oh wait...

And yet so many on the far left seem quick to jump on the Tulsi Train. It just dumbfounds me why they don't do their own research. I only hope that the media vets her, which they failed to do for Bernie.

I’m sure they actually have do there own research and the majority aren’t for invading every goddamn nation on the planet, they aren’t for candidates who are super crazy, and nor are they for supper polished focus groupped candidates

:rofl: Dude, you're literally claiming that Tulsi is allowed to change her mind (when in fact, she admitted she hasn't changed her personal stance, she just claims that she thinks the government shouldn't interfere, and only changed it for political expedience) but that somehow, Hillary isn't (and in fact, Hillary has always been supportive of gay rights, as per this tweet thread that goes into extensive detail on her record: https://twitter.com/LisaTalmadge/status ... 2505559044). This is my problem with far leftists like yourself. They act far more like republicans than Democrats. The line is surprisingly blurry.

You are living proof that the horseshoe theory is true. The extremes are far closer than they seem.

Thermodolia wrote:
United States of Natan wrote:EXACTLY what I've been saying! I'm Jewish, so hell will freeze over before I'm caught dead voting for an antisemite, or a bigot in general. If I have to, I'll write in Hillary.

You voted for Clinton. So you should have no trouble voting for a bigot.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh my God, this is too funny. You're a laugh riot. Hillary is a bigot in the same way the Sun orbits around the Earth. Maybe get your head out of the right-wing propaganda machine for once and do some research. If Hillary is a bigot, then you're basically saying almost everyone else in the world is one.

As for Tulsi Gabbard's antisemitism, it's pretty blatant, and if you can't see it, then you don't know what antisemitism is.

Anyway dude, if you want to support far-right conservative like Tulsi, go right ahead. I'm just telling you what her record is. If you ignore it, that's on you. You'll have to live with knowing you'd rather just ignore facts and support a right-wing extremist masquerading as a leftist than actually do the research and learn the facts. I know I wouldn't want that kind of life.
Then it's a lie. Everything Fox News says is a lie.
Even true things once said on Fox News become lies.
(Family Guy: Excellence in Broadcasting)

Come check out the Natan Region, a fun, democratic region|Harris/O'Rourke 2020|
Liberal|Progressive|Hillary Supporter|Jew|Pro-Israel|Anti-Trump|Anti-Sanders|Anti-Bigotry

User avatar
Thermodolia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 47375
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:07 am

United States of Natan wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Oh so sad that people don’t want your uber crazy lady who said that the second amendment should be repealed. I’m so sorry the rest of us want someone who can ya know win in places that aren’t NY and CA.


I didn’t see any riots when Clinton was nominated. Also Gabbard isn’t racist or antisemitic or homophobic. And unlike Hillary “I’m against gay marriage” Clinton she changed her mind after serving in Iraq and not because her opponent for the nomination said gays are cool.


Yes because invading every goddamn nation on the planet because dictator man bad is the best thing ever and has never ever messed up. Pay no mind to the fact that Iraq and Libya are worse off than before we “helped”


And that’s why Trump and Pence aren’t in office. Oh wait...


I’m sure they actually have do there own research and the majority aren’t for invading every goddamn nation on the planet, they aren’t for candidates who are super crazy, and nor are they for supper polished focus groupped candidates

:rofl: Dude, you're literally claiming that Tulsi is allowed to change her mind (when in fact, she admitted she hasn't changed her personal stance, she just claims that she thinks the government shouldn't interfere, and only changed it for political expedience)

So? I’m fine if people don’t personally agree with things but believe that the government shouldn’t interfere. I’m that way with abortion.

but that somehow, Hillary isn't (and in fact, Hillary has always been supportive of gay rights, as per this tweet thread that goes into extensive detail on her record: https://twitter.com/LisaTalmadge/status ... 2505559044). This is my problem with far leftists like yourself. They act far more like republicans than Democrats. The line is surprisingly blurry.

No she hasn’t been. She’s only been pro-gay since the mid 2010s.

You are living proof that the horseshoe theory is true. The extremes are far closer than they seem.

You aren’t in the center dude.

Thermodolia wrote:You voted for Clinton. So you should have no trouble voting for a bigot.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh my God, this is too funny. You're a laugh riot. Hillary is a bigot in the same way the Sun orbits around the Earth. Maybe get your head out of the right-wing propaganda machine for once and do some research. If Hillary is a bigot, then you're basically saying almost everyone else in the world is one.

She makes racist jokes about people and she only changed to pro gay because it was politically expedient to do so.

As for Tulsi Gabbard's antisemitism, it's pretty blatant, and if you can't see it, then you don't know what antisemitism is.

Ya this Jew isn’t seeing. Maybe you could support your bullshit claim?

Anyway dude, if you want to support far-right conservative like Tulsi, go right ahead. I'm just telling you what her record is. If you ignore it, that's on you. You'll have to live with knowing you'd rather just ignore facts and support a right-wing extremist masquerading as a leftist than actually do the research and learn the facts. I know I wouldn't want that kind of life.

She’s not a right wing extremist masquerading as a leftist. She’s just not a super liberal SJW.
Male, centrist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, loves dogs particularly German Shepherds, give me any good Irish or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA:
Ambassador to the GA Jon Æthr
Ambassador to the SC Eve Šanœ

RIP Dya

User avatar
Bahktar
Attaché
 
Posts: 79
Founded: Mar 16, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bahktar » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:38 am

Thermodolia wrote:snip


I guess it seems like you're going to ignore everything I told you before and it seems like you'll pick on someone who is (no offense) less versed in the topic and doesn't check sources to talk to because it's easier.
Last edited by Bahktar on Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arandias, Bogan Laker, Des-Bal, Grinning Dragon, Hystaria, Ifreann, Joohan, Killer Queenn, Luniten, Ors Might, San Lumen, Sane Outcasts, The Black Party, The Grims, The New Obsidian Isles, United Nation of Maddison, Valrifell

Advertisement

Remove ads