NATION

PASSWORD

MAGAThread XV: Because Another

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed May 29, 2019 4:48 pm

Galloism wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:Indeed. All those conservatives who said we had to get Saddam are all about punishing the lies now.

Even then. You still have to prove Mueller lied in his investigation.

I take it you didn't watch the video in the post I was responding to.

You mean the WMD nonsense? Again conservatives were all about getting saddam. Are they going to saying "HOW DARE YOU!"

Which still begs the question. What on the report are lies?

Sorry. I am not seeing how that clip invalidates the report.
Last edited by The Black Forrest on Wed May 29, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed May 29, 2019 4:51 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Galloism wrote:I take it you didn't watch the video in the post I was responding to.

You mean the WMD nonsense? Again conservatives were all about getting saddam. Are they not going to say "HOW DARE YOU!"

Which still begs the question. What on the report are lies?

Sorry. I am not seeing how that clip invalidates the report.

I mean, it explains why he chicken shit out of talking straight and saying that Trump needs to go down like the mob kingpin he fancies himself to be. He ultimately did what the administration wanted as much as he could - just like he did under the Bush administration.

Now that they turned on him, he's regretting whatever faustian deal he made when he made the report somewhat ambiguous.

And just like Iraq, the administration got what it wanted.

And here's the thing: we should have known.
Last edited by Galloism on Wed May 29, 2019 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011

Postby Bombadil » Wed May 29, 2019 4:55 pm

It's amazing that Trump drops lies like he ran a mic emporium and yet the focus is on whether Mueller is telling the truth or not. It's amazing how people ignore what a fundamental crook Trump is.

"Oh look.. Mueller said according to evidence presented by Colin Powell that Saddam may be supplying weapons.." - seems nothing he says can ever be trusted again.
Last edited by Bombadil on Wed May 29, 2019 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed May 29, 2019 5:04 pm

Bombadil wrote:It's amazing that Trump drops lies like he ran a mic emporium and yet the focus is on whether Mueller is telling the truth or not. It's amazing how people ignore what a fundamental crook Trump is.

"Oh look.. Mueller said according to evidence presented by Colin Powell that Saddam may be supplying weapons.." - seems nothing he says can ever be trusted again.

I was looking for whole testimony when you posted this. Never trust an edited version.......
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Communist Zombie Horde
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Zombie Horde » Wed May 29, 2019 5:11 pm

Bombadil wrote:It's amazing that Trump drops lies like he ran a mic emporium and yet the focus is on whether Mueller is telling the truth or not. It's amazing how people ignore what a fundamental crook Trump is.

Everything Trump says is a lie in the alternate reality you live in where everything Trump says is automatically a lie.
NS Parliament: Arnold Delbert; National People's Party

This nation is not entirely representative of my views. I've had some fun with the stats and I want to keep them that way.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed May 29, 2019 5:12 pm

Communist Zombie Horde wrote:

Everything Trump says is a lie in the alternate reality you live in where everything Trump says is automatically a lie.

I mean, on average, you'd be right more often to assume it's a lie than assume it's the truth.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Wed May 29, 2019 5:14 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

I was looking for whole testimony when you posted this. Never trust an edited version.......

Well.. I mean the FBI are internal no, so I doubt they'd personally be collecting evidence and he'd only be going off other reports. Regardless, even if Mueller's nickname is Fibby McFibster he wouldn't come close to the astronomical scale of lying undertaken by Trump, it's just a massive stretch to find evidence of Mueller making a vague statement as if that clears Trump of any wrongdoing.

We know that Trump Jnr knowingly arranged a meeting with a foreign operative for intelligence. It beggars belief that his father wasn't also entirely aware. Most of his campaign team is indicted already. Throughout the campaign he was like 'share more emails Wiki!', and now apparently he has no idea what Wiki is or that it was receiving files from Russia..

It's all a joke really.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Wed May 29, 2019 5:15 pm

Communist Zombie Horde wrote:

What's amazing is he lies even when he doesn't have to and the proof he's lying is there for everyone to see.

十年

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Wed May 29, 2019 5:17 pm

Bombadil wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Well.. I mean the FBI are internal no, so I doubt they'd personally be collecting evidence and he'd only be going off other reports. Regardless, even if Mueller's nickname is Fibby McFibster he wouldn't come close to the astronomical scale of lying undertaken by Trump, it's just a massive stretch to find evidence of Mueller making a vague statement as if that clears Trump of any wrongdoing.

We know that Trump Jnr knowingly arranged a meeting with a foreign operative for intelligence. It beggars belief that his father wasn't also entirely aware. Most of his campaign team is indicted already. Throughout the campaign he was like 'share more emails Wiki!', and now apparently he has no idea what Wiki is or that it was receiving files from Russia..

It's all a joke really.

I still vivdly remember when Colin Powell presented the powerpointed "evidence" about Iraqi WMD's to the UNSC in New York. I've watched it live on TV. He was telling BS (if not to say lied) and he knew it and so did everyone else in the room, and so I did.

I felt bad for him.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed May 29, 2019 5:19 pm

Nakena wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

It's all a joke really.

I still vivdly remember when Colin Powell presented the powerpointed "evidence" about Iraqi WMD's to the UNSC in New York. I've watched it live on TV. He was telling BS (if not to say lied) and he knew it and so did everyone else in the room, and so I did.

I felt bad for him.

So did I. It's that Army training, he's good at following orders, I guess.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Wed May 29, 2019 5:29 pm

Nakena wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

It's all a joke really.

I felt bad for him.

A lot of people didn't.. lord knows on these very boards the rage around Iraq was immense with people insisting Saddam was seconds away from launching a nuclear attack on the West.

However I'm sure in 15 years we'll have people saying they always knew Trump was a lying liar and never liked him at all.. much as apparently no one ever liked or voted for GWB..

十年

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Wed May 29, 2019 5:37 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Nakena wrote:

I felt bad for him.

So did I. It's that Army training, he's good at following orders, I guess.

He hadn much of a choice, it was a bad situation.

Bombadil wrote:
Nakena wrote:

I felt bad for him.

A lot of people didn't.. lord knows on these very boards the rage around Iraq was immense with people insisting Saddam was seconds away from launching a nuclear attack on the West.

However I'm sure in 15 years we'll have people saying they always knew Trump was a lying liar and never liked him at all.. much as apparently no one ever liked or voted for GWB..

Question is also what will people say about the opposition? Back under GWB they were complicit.

Which brings me to another interesting Interview with Professer Allan Lichtmann who had predicted Trump's victory in 2016 early on. Its a bit longer than the one before and he goes more into detail here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2gvC-gu7AQ

He argues that if the Democrats do not act and grow a spine. Trump will likely win again in 2020.
Last edited by Nakena on Wed May 29, 2019 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thuzbekistan
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Thuzbekistan » Wed May 29, 2019 5:38 pm

Washington Resistance Army wrote:
Gormwood wrote:https://youtu.be/MrJMdCbaUfY

Allan Lichtman, the man with the most called Presidential elections, is saying going for impeachment will give the Democrats the best chance at winning in 2020.

Not sure I agree with him on this one actually. I can certainly see why the prediction would be made but further motivating the GOP, which an attempted impeachment would without a doubt do, doesn't seem like the best call for the Dems. Just riding the wave and hoping the nominee can appeal to people in the Midwest again seems like a lot less risky plan.

The best way for trump to leave office is by election. Make him a one term president, not a 3 year martyr
Proud Member of The Western Isles, the Best RP region on NS.
An RP I'm Proud of: Orsandian Civil War
An INTJ, -A/-T

Economic Left/Right: -5.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.72

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Wed May 29, 2019 5:45 pm

Thuzbekistan wrote:
Washington Resistance Army wrote:
Not sure I agree with him on this one actually. I can certainly see why the prediction would be made but further motivating the GOP, which an attempted impeachment would without a doubt do, doesn't seem like the best call for the Dems. Just riding the wave and hoping the nominee can appeal to people in the Midwest again seems like a lot less risky plan.

The best way for trump to leave office is by election. Make him a one term president, not a 3 year martyr

I agree, impeachment is futile.

十年

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed May 29, 2019 6:00 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Thuzbekistan wrote:The best way for trump to leave office is by election. Make him a one term president, not a 3 year martyr

You will be assimi ... sorry, sorry, wrong fantasy.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Thuzbekistan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Thuzbekistan » Wed May 29, 2019 6:02 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

You will be assimi ... sorry, sorry, wrong fantasy.

Captain Picard just had to spend another week with his brother because of you
An INTJ, -A/-T

NeoOasis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby NeoOasis » Wed May 29, 2019 6:22 pm

Thuzbekistan wrote:The best way for trump to leave office is by election. Make him a one term president, not a 3 year martyr

No matter what happens, he'll be a martyr. He'll see to that himself.
Eternally salty, quite tired, and perhaps looking for a brighter future.

Thuzbekistan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Thuzbekistan » Wed May 29, 2019 6:34 pm

NeoOasis wrote:

No need to actually justify that in his base's head or energize his base in a "who can out petty who" match
An INTJ, -A/-T

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Wed May 29, 2019 6:46 pm

NeoOasis wrote:

Yeah, the sad reality is that even if he loses he'll blame illegal voting such as the fictitious 3M illegal votes in California, he'll continue to tweet ferociously and the media will continue to pick it up and report on it.

It won't end soon.

十年

Fartsniffage
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Fartsniffage » Wed May 29, 2019 6:48 pm

Bombadil wrote:
NeoOasis wrote:

Yeah, the sad reality is that even if he loses he'll blame illegal voting such as the fictitious 3M illegal votes in California, he'll continue to tweet ferociously and the media will continue to pick it up and report on it.

It won't end soon.

He's in his 70's and eats junk food for every meal. It can't last that long.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Wed May 29, 2019 6:56 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

It won't end soon.

Nonsense, Trump dictated his health report stating he possessed "extraordinary physical strength and stamina" himself, so it must be true.

十年

Loben The 2nd
Senator

Founded: Apr 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben The 2nd » Wed May 29, 2019 7:24 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:

Nonsense, Trump dictated his health report stating he possessed "extraordinary physical strength and stamina" himself, so it must be true.

What will hit first? Heart attack or impeachment?
no quarter.
Satisfaction guaranteed.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed May 29, 2019 7:25 pm

Loben The 2nd wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

What will hit first? Heart attack or impeachment?

Heart attack. He won't be impeached.

Loben The 2nd
Senator

Founded: Apr 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben The 2nd » Wed May 29, 2019 7:37 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Loben The 2nd wrote:What will hit first? Heart attack or impeachment?

Heart attack. He won't be impeached.

Heh.
no quarter.
Satisfaction guaranteed.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed May 29, 2019 8:11 pm

Apprantly the USS John Mccain had to cover up it's name and the crew was given a day off (hats have the name) so donnie wouldn't have a trump tantrum in Japan.....

https://www.wsj.com/articles/white-hous ... sage_share

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General