NATION

PASSWORD

MAGAThread XV: Because Another

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Thu May 23, 2019 7:19 pm

Galloism wrote:
Bombadil wrote:
Thankfully Trump has done a great job building relations with those economies.. the future is Eurasia.

I hope not.

China literally runs concentration camps for muslims and other "undesirables" and forcibly harvest organs from them to give to their own people. If that's the future, the world is so fucked.

It's like somebody looked at the Holocaust and said "you know, we can make this more efficient".

The ultimative form of exploitation. Economically much more profitable. Human harvest.

And lets not forget that China is also the place where this supposedly happened.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Thu May 23, 2019 7:19 pm

Galloism wrote:
Bombadil wrote:
Well yes, hence Trump should be a bit more cognisant of the fact that America does need to be aligned with global allies rather than pulling out of every treaty and insulting other countries all the time.

Sure, but blindly siding with a regime that legit thinks the problem with Hitler was that he would hunt dissidents but not use ALL the parts is not a good idea. If you're right, we all lose.

As opposed to openly siding with a country where women aren't allowed to drive and people get decapitated regularly?

Yeah no, let's not rush into things blindly.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu May 23, 2019 7:20 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Galloism wrote:
Sure, but blindly siding with a regime that legit thinks the problem with Hitler was that he would hunt dissidents but not use ALL the parts is not a good idea. If you're right, we all lose.

As opposed to openly siding with a country where women aren't allowed to drive and people get decapitated regularly?

?

Saudi Arabia?
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Thu May 23, 2019 7:21 pm

Galloism wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:

?

Saudi Arabia?

No, Papua New Guinea.

You know, cannibals and whatnot.
Last edited by The Rich Port on Thu May 23, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu May 23, 2019 7:22 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Galloism wrote:

It’s not an either or situation. We can say fuck China and KSA at the same fucking time
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Thu May 23, 2019 7:23 pm

Galloism wrote:
Bombadil wrote:
Well yes, hence Trump should be a bit more cognisant of the fact that America does need to be aligned with global allies rather than pulling out of every treaty and insulting other countries all the time.

The truth is the imports isn't the only number, China is a massive buyer as tourism and what's called daiguo that sits outside the number of imports. Specifically Europe with a large luxury industry..

..of course no one wants to really align with a totalitarian state that is wiping out an entire people but, well, Trump is not helping and given a thread about Trump it's another reason why he's a terrible president.

People can laugh about Belt and Road but I'd previously put up a map that shows just how extremely isolated the US could be if it continues down a nationalist path.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Thu May 23, 2019 7:24 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:

It’s not an either or situation. We can say fuck China and KSA at the same fucking time

Used to be we had, you know, NATO allies, but Trump doesn't like allies unless they have dodgy human rights records and he's sexually attracted to their leaders.

Oh, and he can't decide whether they're our allies or not.
Last edited by The Rich Port on Thu May 23, 2019 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Thu May 23, 2019 7:24 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Galloism wrote:

The truth is the imports isn't the only number, China is a massive buyer as tourism and what's called daiguo that sits outside the number of imports. Specifically Europe with a large luxury industry..

..of course no one wants to really align with a totalitarian state that is wiping out an entire people but, well, Trump is not helping and given a thread about Trump it's another reason why he's a terrible president.

People can laugh about Belt and Road but I'd previously put up a map that shows just how extremely isolated the US could be if it continues down a nationalist path.

Resistance against the belt and road initiative and chinese attitudes in general is on the rise. Example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myitsone_Dam#Suspension

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu May 23, 2019 7:25 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Galloism wrote:

You do realize that if China isn’t stopped the majority of the world is going to be effectively puppets of China. Just look at Africa and the new form of colonialism
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu May 23, 2019 7:25 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Galloism wrote:?

Saudi Arabia?

No, Papua New Guinea.

Ah ok, just so you know, women can drive in Saudi Arabia now.

Decapitations is probably the next thing to think about.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu May 23, 2019 7:27 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:It’s not an either or situation. We can say fuck China and KSA at the same fucking time

Used to be we had, you know, NATO allies, but Trump doesn't like allies unless they have dodgy human rights records and he's sexually attracted to their leaders.

Still doesn’t mean that we can’t tariff the shit out of China. We just need to not get into unnecessary trade scuffles with our allies
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Thu May 23, 2019 7:28 pm

Galloism wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
No, Papua New Guinea.

Ah ok, just so you know, women can drive in Saudi Arabia now.

Oh my mistake.

What a lovely government.

Thermodolia wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

You do realize that if China isn’t stopped the majority of the world is going to be effectively puppets of China. Just look at Africa and the new form of colonialism

Don't tell US that, tell TRUMP. :rofl:

And to be fair, the Belt and Road initiatives wouldn't be so bad if we could guarantee China isn't going to be a massive dick to people.

It'd make travel cheaper.

It's a shame that we're letting China be the new world leaders out of spite and because Trump REALLY wants to sell weapons to Saudi Arabia for some goddamn reason.

Thermodolia wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:

Still doesn’t mean that we can’t tariff the shit out of China. We just need to not get into unnecessary trade scuffles with our allies

"Unnecessary trade scuffles" is Trump's middle name.
Last edited by The Rich Port on Thu May 23, 2019 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Thu May 23, 2019 7:28 pm

Nakena wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

Resistance against the belt and road initiative and chinese attitudes in general is on the rise. Example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myitsone_Dam#Suspension

Blips..

I'm not saying it's all coded in stone, my point is the aggressively nationalist stance taken by Trump against his own allies, constantly belittling the EU, Germany, Canada, Mexico, shit holes, basically everywhere.. is not a good move when initiating a trade war against China.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Thu May 23, 2019 7:30 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Nakena wrote:

Blips..

I'm not saying it's all coded in stone, my point is the aggressively nationalist stance taken by Trump against his own allies, constantly belittling the EU, Germany, Canada, Mexico, shit holes, basically everywhere.. is not a good move when initiating a trade war against China.

Slowly even Europe is realizing that the PRC is morphing into a totalitarian abomination rather than a nice trade partner.

Only in the case of Iran, lot of EU countries are actively undermining US sanction policy. They really like the Islamic Republic. Or think they can be friends with them.
Last edited by Nakena on Thu May 23, 2019 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Thu May 23, 2019 7:31 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Nakena wrote:

Blips..

I think what happened was that Trump wanted to start a little Dictator Boy's Club with his all crypto-fascist boyfriends, but then Putin broke his heart by... I dunno, why doesn't he like Putin anymore? I forgot.

And then of course North Korea backed because it's fucking North Korea and, spoiler alert, making kissies with the leader of a 23 million strong Communism cult wasn't gonna go anywhere good.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Thu May 23, 2019 7:32 pm

Nakena wrote:
Bombadil wrote:
Blips..

Slowly even Europe is realizing that the PRC is morphing into a totalitarian abomination rather than a nice trade partner.

Only in the case of Iran, lot of EU countries are actively undermining US sanction policy. They really like the Islamic Republic. Or think they can be friends with them.

Well I'm off to attend a two day birthday bash.. have fun all.

十年

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu May 23, 2019 7:36 pm

Nakena wrote:
Galloism wrote:I hope not.

China literally runs concentration camps for muslims and other "undesirables" and forcibly harvest organs from them to give to their own people. If that's the future, the world is so fucked.

It's like somebody looked at the Holocaust and said "you know, we can make this more efficient".

The ultimative form of exploitation. Economically much more profitable. Human harvest.

And lets not forget that China is also the place where this supposedly happened.

Or this
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu May 23, 2019 7:38 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Galloism wrote:Ah ok, just so you know, women can drive in Saudi Arabia now.

Oh my mistake.

What a lovely government.

Thermodolia wrote:You do realize that if China isn’t stopped the majority of the world is going to be effectively puppets of China. Just look at Africa and the new form of colonialism

Don't tell US that, tell TRUMP. :rofl:

And to be fair, the Belt and Road initiatives wouldn't be so bad if we could guarantee China isn't going to be a massive dick to people.

It'd make travel cheaper.

It's a shame that we're letting China be the new world leaders out of spite and because Trump REALLY wants to sell weapons to Saudi Arabia for some goddamn reason.

Thermodolia wrote:Still doesn’t mean that we can’t tariff the shit out of China. We just need to not get into unnecessary trade scuffles with our allies

"Unnecessary trade scuffles" is Trump's middle name.

Hey if I could march into Washington and kick Trump out of office I’d do it in a heartbeat.

Also I’m not on Fox News so it’s not like Trump would listen to me
Last edited by Thermodolia on Thu May 23, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Thu May 23, 2019 7:44 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Nakena wrote:

Or this

Thanks for reminding me at that.

At least even the chinese authorities are somewhat aware that this is endangering absolutly everyone.

And absolute measures might be necessary to stop this stuff if it doesnt ceases soon.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu May 23, 2019 7:50 pm

Personally, I'm glad that Trump is fulfilling Obama's campaign promise to hold China accountable:

"These are subsidies that directly harm working men and women on the assembly lines in Ohio and Michigan and across the Midwest. We are going to stop it. It is not right, it is against the rules, and we will not let it stand."

What was the president referring to?

Obama was talking about his administration's announcement that it had requested consultations at the World Trade Organization on China's subsidies for its exports of autos and auto parts.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/business ... story.html

“China must change its policies, including its foreign exchange policies, so that it relies less on exports and more on domestic demand for its growth,” Obama said in a letter to the National Council of Textile Organizations.

“That is why I have said I will use all diplomatic means at my disposal to induce China to make these changes,” Obama said in response to a questionnaire from the group.

He promised to beef up U.S. enforcement efforts against unfair trade practices and increase resources at the U.S. Trade Representative’s office “devoted to this mission.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... FQ20081029

"Now here’s the thing: His experience has been owning companies that were called ‘pioneers’ in the business of outsourcing jobs to countries like China. He made money investing in companies that uprooted from here and went to China. Pioneers! Ohio, you can’t stand up to China when all you’ve done is send them our jobs."

Obama's campaign has already rolled out an aggressive push against Romney's argument that he will crack down on China's "unfair trade policies." The GOP nominee has promised to label the country a currency manipulator on the first day of his presidency. Romney and Obama are both running TV ads in Ohio on the topic.

The Obama administration's trade case against China argues Beijing provided at least $1 billion in subsidies from 2009 through 2011, giving its manufacturers an advantage over U.S. competitors.

https://thehill.com/video/campaign/2498 ... p-to-china

Glad to see Trump take up and continue the fight Obama promised and started in 2016:

Barack Obama has escalated the US’s trade battle with China, launching a formal complaint against Beijing as both of his potential successors push the domestic political debate in an increasingly protectionist direction on the campaign trail.

The new case, brought by the US president on Wednesday with the World Trade Organisation, challenges Beijing’s export restrictions on key commodities needed by US manufacturers and was accompanied by sharp rhetoric from the White House.

“It all comes down to fair competition — a notion that is fundamental to who we are as Americans,” vice-president Joe Biden said. 

https://www.ft.com/content/fed9f136-491 ... e9211e86ab

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu May 23, 2019 7:52 pm

Galloism wrote:Personally, I'm glad that Trump is fulfilling Obama's campaign promise to hold China accountable:

"These are subsidies that directly harm working men and women on the assembly lines in Ohio and Michigan and across the Midwest. We are going to stop it. It is not right, it is against the rules, and we will not let it stand."

What was the president referring to?

Obama was talking about his administration's announcement that it had requested consultations at the World Trade Organization on China's subsidies for its exports of autos and auto parts.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/business ... story.html

“China must change its policies, including its foreign exchange policies, so that it relies less on exports and more on domestic demand for its growth,” Obama said in a letter to the National Council of Textile Organizations.

“That is why I have said I will use all diplomatic means at my disposal to induce China to make these changes,” Obama said in response to a questionnaire from the group.

He promised to beef up U.S. enforcement efforts against unfair trade practices and increase resources at the U.S. Trade Representative’s office “devoted to this mission.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... FQ20081029

"Now here’s the thing: His experience has been owning companies that were called ‘pioneers’ in the business of outsourcing jobs to countries like China. He made money investing in companies that uprooted from here and went to China. Pioneers! Ohio, you can’t stand up to China when all you’ve done is send them our jobs."

Obama's campaign has already rolled out an aggressive push against Romney's argument that he will crack down on China's "unfair trade policies." The GOP nominee has promised to label the country a currency manipulator on the first day of his presidency. Romney and Obama are both running TV ads in Ohio on the topic.

The Obama administration's trade case against China argues Beijing provided at least $1 billion in subsidies from 2009 through 2011, giving its manufacturers an advantage over U.S. competitors.

https://thehill.com/video/campaign/2498 ... p-to-china

Glad to see Trump take up and continue the fight Obama promised and started in 2016:

Barack Obama has escalated the US’s trade battle with China, launching a formal complaint against Beijing as both of his potential successors push the domestic political debate in an increasingly protectionist direction on the campaign trail.

The new case, brought by the US president on Wednesday with the World Trade Organisation, challenges Beijing’s export restrictions on key commodities needed by US manufacturers and was accompanied by sharp rhetoric from the White House.

“It all comes down to fair competition — a notion that is fundamental to who we are as Americans,” vice-president Joe Biden said. 

https://www.ft.com/content/fed9f136-491 ... e9211e86ab

So Melania isn't the only Trump ripping off something from an Obama.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Thu May 23, 2019 7:53 pm

Gormwood wrote:So Melania isn't the only Trump ripping off something from an Obama.

Trump is doing what Obama did not.

Have to disappoint you in the bud.
Last edited by Nakena on Thu May 23, 2019 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu May 23, 2019 7:56 pm

Nakena wrote:
Gormwood wrote:So Melania isn't the only Trump ripping off something from an Obama.

Pfft. Trusting someone whose little darling has several Chinese patents to crack down on China? Well as might trust someone who imported undocumented labor to crack down on immigration.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Thu May 23, 2019 7:57 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Nakena wrote:

Pfft. Trusting someone whose little darling has several Chinese patents to crack down on China? Well as might trust someone who imported undocumented labor to crack down on immigration.

Someone with such experience would know exactly where to look.

In other words, perfectly suited for the job.

Washington Resistance Army
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Washington Resistance Army » Thu May 23, 2019 8:04 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Nakena wrote:

Pfft. Trusting someone whose little darling has several Chinese patents to crack down on China?

He's done a fuckton more than any other President on the topic.
Hellenic Polytheist, Socialist

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General