NATION

PASSWORD

Le Champion

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Does Leblanc get any money?

0 dollars (money is for champion only)
43%
A number meant to cause further injury (ex 1 dollar)
9%
X dollars, the EXACT amount needed for the healthcare treatment (technical compensation, that's all that's owned)
21%
1 million dollars
3%
1-4 million dollars
9%
5 million dollars (50% of all winnings)
8%
>5 million dollars
No votes
10 million dollars
6%

Total votes : 86

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:30 am

Purpelia wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
She’s already crippled for life, tied to a bed/chair, unable to play the game/engage in the career she loved (or most other activities for that matter), and probably harbors regret and resentment in the extreme

It’s already a living hell for the disabled woman

:(

No reason I can't twist the pitchfork a bit.

You mean, twist the knife?

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:38 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Purpelia wrote:No reason I can't twist the pitchfork a bit.

I like to think hell is more traditional. (Satan is described as using a pitchfork to torture victims in hell)
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:46 am

Purpelia wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

I like to think hell is more traditional. (Satan is described as using a pitchfork to torture victims in hell)

Eh? What do you mean? :)

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:58 am

I'd give $0. I'd have been hoping that this manipulative, narcissistic freak would die when I knocked her over the edge, for all of the reasons Caracasus said. The fact that she lived through it sucks as it is.
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Explosive .50 cal shells vs. Decepticons: REAL, IRL PROOF the Decepticons would laugh at them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVTZlNQfPA
Newaswa wrote:What is the greatest threat to your nation?
Vallermoore wrote:The Victorious Decepticons.

Bluquse wrote:Imperialist, aggressive, and genociding aliens or interdimensional beings that would most likely slaughter or enslave us
rather than meet up to have a talk. :(

TurtleShroom wrote:Also, like any sane, civilized nation, we always consider the Victorious Decepticons a clear, present, and obvious threat we must respect, honor, and leave alone in all circumstances. Always fear the Victorious Decepticons.

The Huskar Social Union wrote: ... massive empires of genocidal machines.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:02 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Purpelia wrote:I like to think hell is more traditional. (Satan is described as using a pitchfork to torture victims in hell)

She dared to be stupid, and neer did well.
Now she is stuck in a personal hell.

Out of its shadows Satan steps forth,
with fire and pitchfork and gleeful retort.

Her tortures shall be many, her suffering great,
her regrets unending, but now it's too late.

And as she is begging for deaths cold embrace,
upon that old demon she'll see my laughing face.
Last edited by Purpelia on Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:21 am

Victorious Decepticons wrote:I'd give $0. I'd have been hoping that this manipulative, narcissistic freak would die when I knocked her over the edge, for all of the reasons Caracasus said. The fact that she lived through it sucks as it is.

But in some instances, life may be worse than death

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:22 am

Purpelia wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

She dared to be stupid, and neer did well.

Wait so you’re the Satan in the poem?

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:03 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Purpelia wrote:She dared to be stupid, and neer did well.

Yes.

I shall endeavor to be the devil of her little slice of hell.

Also the way I see things I just scored a golden ticket. I found a sport I am good at (as evidenced by me winning the tournament) that also connects me to the criminal underground (a be it actually legal in this world) allowing me to do bad things to good people and not just get away with it but actually get pay and adoration. So I am going pro with this.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:04 am

Purpelia wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

Yes.

Also the way I see things I just scored a golden ticket. I found a sport I am good at (as evidenced by me winning the tournament) that also connects me to the criminal underground (a be it actually legal in this world) allowing me to do bad things to good people and not just get away with it but actually get pay and adoration. So I am going pro with this.

So you're basically the Beelzebub/boss from the Tenacious D song:

"I'm the devil, I can do what I want,
Whatever I got I'm gonna flaunt,
There's never been a rock off that I've ever lost"

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:12 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Purpelia wrote:Yes.

I prefer Carrier of Evil by Blue Oyster cult.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:12 am

Purpelia wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

I prefer Carrier of Evil by Blue Oyster cult.

Not a bad song at all! =)

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:24 am

Let's take a look at this absolutely fascinating poll from the thread.

So we've got 54% of posters (I'm combining the first two options here) taking a very hard line NO COMPENSATION/SCREW LEBLANC No Forgiveness policy. Its understandable of course.

We're got the next major block at close to 20% of posters who are, MAYBE able/willing to put aside their dislike of the duelist girl (I mean I'll give you that, I've made her a realistic and human character but not a very likeable character) and focus on formalistic compensation. Maybe these people are more focused on facts, math, and have a No Emotions Focus On the Numbers mentality. Probably a very neutral balanced group.

And they you have the Compassionate posters. The rest, less than 1/3 who will give her anywhere from 1-4 million to the entire 10 million. I'd say its extraordinarily compassionate to give more than 4 million.

I wonder what can be extrapolated from this. Of course, we have to be careful about statistics but it is fascinating how such an interesting distribution has been generated.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:42 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:I wonder what can be extrapolated from this.

1. Humans are bastards.
2. The internet makes us anonymous and thus feel safe to express our self without hiding our true emotions.
3. It's fun to get creatively carried away with evil even if you probably wouldn't do that in real life. Probably being like a 50/50 thing. Well more like a 60 pro /40 anti or 90/10 sort of thing.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:00 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:I wonder what can be extrapolated from this.

1. Humans are bastards.
2. The internet makes us anonymous and thus feel safe to express our self without hiding our true emotions.
3. It's fun to get creatively carried away with evil even if you probably wouldn't do that in real life. Probably being like a 50/50 thing. Well more like a 60 pro /40 anti or 90/10 sort of thing.

Aye Aye

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:41 am

Are the people who voted to give the entire prize money doing so because they feel that it would be unethical to keep any amount of it (given the nature of the game)? Is this why the 10 million is given?

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:30 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:Are the people who voted to give the entire prize money doing so because they feel that it would be unethical to keep any amount of it (given the nature of the game)? Is this why the 10 million is given?

It's because I had to harm her to get the money, so she should have all of it because I didn't really deserve it.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:50 am

Geneviev wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:Are the people who voted to give the entire prize money doing so because they feel that it would be unethical to keep any amount of it (given the nature of the game)? Is this why the 10 million is given?

It's because I had to harm her to get the money, so she should have all of it because I didn't really deserve it.

This makes sense

And I suppose in the other scenario you chose not to attack her because it would be attempted murder? :)

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:02 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Geneviev wrote:It's because I had to harm her to get the money, so she should have all of it because I didn't really deserve it.

This makes sense

And I suppose in the other scenario you chose not to attack her because it would be attempted murder? :)

Naturally, that's what it is.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:45 am

Geneviev wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
This makes sense

Naturally, that's what it is.

I see...

This makes sense.

Being crippled for life is also an extraordinary painful experience =(

poor Leblanc
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:48 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Geneviev wrote:Naturally, that's what it is.

I see...

This makes sense.

Being crippled for life is also an extraordinary painful experience =(

poor Leblanc

That's why she should have the 10 million dollars, that her life isn't entirely horrible.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:18 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:poor Leblanc

I disagree. She got exactly what's coming to her after what she did.
Now, what I'd do is probably way over the top and undeserved. But he who can should and all that.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:23 am

Purpelia wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:poor Leblanc

I disagree. She got exactly what's coming to her after what she did.
Now, what I'd do is probably way over the top and undeserved. But he who can should and all that.

but she's gonna cry...

Nocturnalis
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nocturnalis » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:01 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Purpelia wrote:I disagree. She got exactly what's coming to her after what she did.

but she's gonna cry...

Then I'll wipe her tears off with a $100 bill.

And then burn it.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:16 am

Nocturnalis wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:but she's gonna cry...

Then I'll wipe her tears off with a $100 bill.

And then burn it.

100 dollar bills are very very filthy
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nocturnalis
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nocturnalis » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:20 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:100 dollar bills are very very filthy

That's why I'm burning it.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General