NATION

PASSWORD

ICE attempts to deport American born citizen

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:11 pm

Purgatio wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
What does thinking someone is possessed have to do with anything?

Because contrary to the assertion of the poster I was replying to, its a Biblical passage that explicitly endorses racism. Jesus initially rejects the Canaanite woman's request for healing on the basis that he is called only to help the "sons of Israel", then compares her to a dog and the Jews to children when he says "it is not fair to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs".

I'm just tired of hearing Christians claim that their Biblical text doesn't endorse racism. It clearly does, and this is just one example.

You are aware Jesus was a Jew, correct?

Also, for a decent chunk of Christianity's history, Christians just thought of themselves as a sect of Judaism.
Last edited by New haven america on Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:13 pm

Duhon wrote:
Geneviev wrote:It's also impossible. Besides, he's not the only one. A lot of Americans believe that immigration is a bad thing.

And who inspires them to think that? Trump, who brings it up at every opportunity.

Actually, most right-wing conservatives are against immigration and birthright citizenship, always have been.

Trump's just their most recent mouthpiece.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Purgatio
Negotiator

Founded: May 18, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:16 pm

New haven america wrote:
Purgatio wrote:
Because contrary to the assertion of the poster I was replying to, its a Biblical passage that explicitly endorses racism. Jesus initially rejects the Canaanite woman's request for healing on the basis that he is called only to help the "sons of Israel", then compares her to a dog and the Jews to children when he says "it is not fair to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs".

I'm just tired of hearing Christians claim that their Biblical text doesn't endorse racism. It clearly does, and this is just one example.

You are aware Jesus was a Jew, correct?

Also, for a decent chunk of Christianity's, Christians just thought of themselves as a sect of Judaism.

Jesus being Jewish disproves my point that the Biblical passage I quoted was explicitly-racist....how, exactly?
Purgatio is an absolutist hereditary monarchy run as a one-party fascist dictatorship, which seized power in a sudden and abrupt coup d'état of 1987-1988, on an authoritarian eugenic and socially Darwinistic political philosophy and ideology, now ruled and dominated with a brutal iron fist under the watchful reign of Le Grand Roi Chalon-Arlay de la Fayette and La Grande Reine Geneviève de la Fayette (née Aumont) (i.e., the 'Founding Couple' or Le Couple Fondateur).

For a domestic Purgation 'propagandist' view of its role in the world, see: An Introduction to Purgatio.

And for a more 'objective' international perspective on Purgatio's history, culture, and politics, see: A Brief Overview of the History, Politics, and Culture of Le Royaume du Nettoyage de la Purgatio.

Purgatio
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:17 pm

Mohacian wrote:
Purgatio wrote:
I don't wanna derail the thread but - I'm genuinely curious, what exactly is so wrong about penal transportation?

ICE ARE HISPANIC AMERICAN ABUSERS. SHAME ON THEM

Wow that's a pretty brazen accusation. Care to back that up with some actual evidence?
Purgatio is an absolutist hereditary monarchy run as a one-party fascist dictatorship, which seized power in a sudden and abrupt coup d'état of 1987-1988, on an authoritarian eugenic and socially Darwinistic political philosophy and ideology, now ruled and dominated with a brutal iron fist under the watchful reign of Le Grand Roi Chalon-Arlay de la Fayette and La Grande Reine Geneviève de la Fayette (née Aumont) (i.e., the 'Founding Couple' or Le Couple Fondateur).

For a domestic Purgation 'propagandist' view of its role in the world, see: An Introduction to Purgatio.

And for a more 'objective' international perspective on Purgatio's history, culture, and politics, see: A Brief Overview of the History, Politics, and Culture of Le Royaume du Nettoyage de la Purgatio.

Duhon
Senator

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:18 pm

New haven america wrote:
Duhon wrote:
And who inspires them to think that? Trump, who brings it up at every opportunity.

Actually, most right-wing conservatives are against immigration and birthright citizenship, always have been.

Depriving them of a mouthpiece that moves mountains before he does even greater harm is a great thing, no?

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:19 pm

Purgatio wrote:
New haven america wrote:You are aware Jesus was a Jew, correct?

Also, for a decent chunk of Christianity's, Christians just thought of themselves as a sect of Judaism.

Jesus being Jewish disproves my point that the Biblical passage I quoted was explicitly-racist....how, exactly?

How can Jesus be racist against his own race?

Unless you're willing to make the argument that Jesus was a self-hating Jew...
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:21 pm

Duhon wrote:
New haven america wrote:Actually, most right-wing conservatives are against immigration and birthright citizenship, always have been.

Depriving them of a mouthpiece that moves mountains before he does even greater harm is a great thing, no?

It won't matter, they'll just find another one, like they always do.

Same shit happened under H. Bush and Reagan.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Purgatio
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:22 pm

New haven america wrote:
Purgatio wrote:

How can Jesus be racist against his own race?

....I wasn't making the argument that Jesus was anti-Semitic. I argued that he was being racist against the Canaanite woman for not being Jewish. By comparing her race to "dogs" and the Jews to "children" at the table. Did you even read the post before commenting on what I wrote?

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:40 pm

Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:53 pm

Purgatio wrote:
New haven america wrote:How can Jesus be racist against his own race?

....I wasn't making the argument that Jesus was anti-Semitic. I argued that he was being racist against the Canaanite woman for not being Jewish. By comparing her race to "dogs" and the Jews to "children" at the table. Did you even read the post before commenting on what I wrote?

A few biblical verses may be considered racist in the modern sense. Good Samaritan anybody?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:08 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Purgatio wrote:

A few biblical verses may be considered racist in the modern sense. Good Samaritan anybody?

I find it amusing to see people think the good samaritan verses as racist, since they break down the racist stereotypes that many jews held over samaritans.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:06 pm

Ryukyu wrote:disgusting. abolish ice and open borders

So that we have massive shanty towns with no infrastructure, no services and massive environmental degradation?

We have to limit immigration to what our resources, infrastructure and environment can support.
Immigration can be good, but it cannot exceed what we can support.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:09 pm

Geneviev wrote:
The South Falls wrote:This displays a disturbing trend of disregard by ice.

They've done things like this before. One of my friends was born in the US, her parents were born in the US, and her grandparents became citizens and they tried to deport her anyway because of a mistake with her name. ICE shouldn't even exist.

ICE absolutely should exist. It does not deal only with immigration either, it also deals with many other criminal matters, particularly trafficking and smuggling.
And we do need someone to enforce our immigration laws (as well as customs laws).

It does need to exist, but it does need some improvement obviously.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Duhon
Senator

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:16 pm

Novus America wrote:
Ryukyu wrote:disgusting. abolish ice and open borders

So that we have massive shanty towns with no infrastructure, no services and massive environmental degradation?

We have to limit immigration to what our resources, infrastructure and environment can support.

Given the load the United States has taken annually before Trump, I doubt those limits you speak of are anywhere near tested, though admittedly I have nothing to back me up. That said, the assumptions Americans have about immigrants must change before they become second nature, before Trump's "invaders" and "bad hombres" become something other than punchlines.

South Ccanda
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby South Ccanda » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:21 pm

Duhon wrote:
Novus America wrote:

Given the load the United States has taken annually before Trump, I doubt those limits you speak of are anywhere near tested, though admittedly I have nothing to back me up. That said, the assumptions Americans have about immigrants must change before they become second nature, before Trump's "invaders" and "bad hombres" become something other than punchlines.

but, even Mexicans are calling them invaders. Too late, I guess.
I am Center-Left Libertarian. (-3,-3) on the Political Compass. My friends call me Whiskey cause I was named after a bottle of Jack Daniel's.

I've been drowning myself in work, I just started Culinary School, and I recently got called a Boot Licker for thanking a veteran for their service. I'm sad that I have to witness the part of history where supporting Cops and Troops is seen and a radical ideology.
Updated on August 25th, 2020

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:25 pm

South Ccanda wrote:
Duhon wrote:

but, even Mexicans are calling them invaders. Too late, I guess.

Doubt it.

But even so, usually the only the ones (You can replace Mexicans with any immigrant group) who would say that would be the ones who were able to pass the US' (Strike that, any developed nation's) ridiculously high immigration standards/requirements and come in legally (So those who either had/have a crap ton of money or skills most Mexicans couldn't get).
Last edited by New haven america on Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

South Ccanda
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby South Ccanda » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:35 pm

New haven america wrote:
South Ccanda wrote:but, even Mexicans are calling them invaders. Too late, I guess.

Doubt it.

But even so, usually the only the ones (You can replace Mexicans with any immigrant group) who would say that would be the ones who were able to pass the US' (Strike that, any developed nation's) ridiculously high immigration standards/requirements and come in legally (So those who either had/have a crap ton of money or skills most Mexicans couldn't get).

no no, you aren't getting it, I should have been more clear. people who are Mexican, who live in Mexico, are calling the Hondurans invaders of Mexico.
I am Center-Left Libertarian. (-3,-3) on the Political Compass. My friends call me Whiskey cause I was named after a bottle of Jack Daniel's.

I've been drowning myself in work, I just started Culinary School, and I recently got called a Boot Licker for thanking a veteran for their service. I'm sad that I have to witness the part of history where supporting Cops and Troops is seen and a radical ideology.
Updated on August 25th, 2020

Purgatio
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:37 pm

South Ccanda wrote:
New haven america wrote:Doubt it.

no no, you aren't getting it, I should have been more clear. people who are Mexican, who live in Mexico, are calling the Hondurans invaders of Mexico.

Yeap, that's exactly right, as supported by incidents like these: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/19/mexico-protests-grow-in-tijuana-against-migrant-caravan

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:38 pm

Duhon wrote:
Novus America wrote:

The US continues to bring in around a million legal immigrants a year. But those are required to usually speak English and have economically needed skills and jobs, or have family who do.
Of course those who speak English and have skills and jobs are easier to accommodate.

Now we certainly might be able to accommodate more, but the appropriate amount with the appropriate skill sets needs to be rationally determined, necessitating border enforcement.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:33 pm

Duhon wrote:
Geneviev wrote:It's also impossible. Besides, he's not the only one. A lot of Americans believe that immigration is a bad thing.

As for the possibility of Trump's lawful removal -- I'm inclined to despair myself regarding that, but then I'm not American. The situation can very easily fall down a reactionary abyss. But give it the old college try anyway -- if there's the slightest chance of Trump ending up like Nixon in his last days -- shunned by the public, scorned by politicians, left alone on a desolate White House the better to yo-yo his way to the chopper -- exploit it to the full.

You will not make headway while his voice still rings the airwaves.

There's no chance that Trump will be impeached or anything else. Too many people like him too much. The better solution is to either not have ICE or train them to not deport anyone who looks like they might possibly be an immigrant.

Novus America wrote:
Geneviev wrote:They've done things like this before. One of my friends was born in the US, her parents were born in the US, and her grandparents became citizens and they tried to deport her anyway because of a mistake with her name. ICE shouldn't even exist.

ICE absolutely should exist. It does not deal only with immigration either, it also deals with many other criminal matters, particularly trafficking and smuggling.
And we do need someone to enforce our immigration laws (as well as customs laws).

It does need to exist, but it does need some improvement obviously.

If there were improvement, ICE would be okay for America. The problem is that they seem racist and that probably won't change very soon.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:38 pm

Geneviev wrote:
Duhon wrote:

As for the possibility of Trump's lawful removal -- I'm inclined to despair myself regarding that, but then I'm not American. The situation can very easily fall down a reactionary abyss. But give it the old college try anyway -- if there's the slightest chance of Trump ending up like Nixon in his last days -- shunned by the public, scorned by politicians, left alone on a desolate White House the better to yo-yo his way to the chopper -- exploit it to the full.

There's no chance that Trump will be impeached or anything else. Too many people like him too much.

His approval rating is ~39% right now, so no, not too many people like him.

Now, the reason he wouldn't get impeached is for entirely different reasons (Mainly, Republicans in the government being Hacks).
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:27 am

I've gone from 'build a wall,' to 'let's get rid of ICE' in an extremely short period of time.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Mystic Warriors
Minister

Founded: May 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mystic Warriors » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:40 am

Duhon wrote:

Racism is not new, Trump just gave it a platform.
Proud Trump Hater. Ban Fascism in all its forms. Disagreeing with a comment because you hate who said it is childish.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:05 am

Mystic Warriors wrote:
Duhon wrote:

Racism is not new, Trump just gave it a platform.

I'd disagree with you that support of a strict immigration system, when it comes largely from the non-college educated elements (as most polls seem to show) in society, is necessarily racist, as people can only be expected to support he policies that put food on their tables and help their own lives. If communities see jobs being taken by imigrants who will do them cheaper, thecalls for altruism ring very hollow indeed.

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:20 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I've gone from 'build a wall,' to 'let's get rid of ICE' in an extremely short period of time.

What happened?
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

New Flag Courtesy of The Realist Polities

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General