NATION

PASSWORD

Hungary’s “Slave Law”

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Right wing humour squad
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Right wing humour squad » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:54 pm

How long has Hungary had income tax for?

Cause THATS slavery.

While an increase to the standard work week, which already exists, not so much. That should be left to a discussion between workers, their representatives and employers.
Currently adulting.
Reheated Donuts.
Minarchist and libertarian extremist.

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:54 pm

Right wing humour squad wrote:How long has Hungary had income tax for?

Cause THATS slavery.

While an increase to the standard work week, which already exists, not so much. That should be left to a discussion between workers, their representatives and employers.

Oh great, a taxation-is-theft guy.

Duhon
Senator

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:20 pm

Even without the context of this being one half of the zombified Dual Monarchy, this is a dick move.

Then I read all the "Magyar" in the title and out -- and then I go :roll:

Duhon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:22 pm

Liriena wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Enslaving your own people to own the libs.

Say what you will about fascists: they are remarkably consistent even after several decades of failing spectacularly elsewhere.

Given the choice to not be a dick, the authoritarian flaunts his on social media.

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:25 pm

Duhon wrote:Even without the context of this being one half of the zombified Dual Monarchy, this is a dick move.

The term "Magyar" is literally how Hungarians refer to themselves...

It's Hungarian for Hungarian.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:28 pm

Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
Duhon wrote:Even without the context of this being one half of the zombified Dual Monarchy, this is a dick move.

Yes, and Magyarorszag is the name of the country.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Duhon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:30 pm

Dude, don't tell me what I know already.

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:09 am

Duhon wrote:

You're acting as if "Magyar" somehow was a synonym for Nazi, which it really isn't.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:19 am

Liriena wrote:
Novus Wrepland wrote:Hungary, like other countries in eastern Europe, is struggling with a labor shortage that’s drawn complaints from companies that they can’t find enough qualified workers to fill vacant posts.

Hmmm... this sounds like the sort of problem that could be mitigated by allowing qualified workers from abroad to come live in their countries... but nah, why stop being a dick to foreigners when you can just be a dick to your own working people too?

Wait, so you're telling me far right politicians aren't actually best friends with the workers and that they'd gladly chain us all to a machine if it'd squeeze out another ounce of productive value?

Fuck me, if only there was a historical precedent in living memory of this bullshit. Obviously none of us were to know.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:26 am

Caracasus wrote:
Liriena wrote:Hmmm... this sounds like the sort of problem that could be mitigated by allowing qualified workers from abroad to come live in their countries... but nah, why stop being a dick to foreigners when you can just be a dick to your own working people too?

Wait, so you're telling me far right politicians aren't actually best friends with the workers and that they'd gladly chain us all to a machine if it'd squeeze out another ounce of productive value?

Fuck me, if only there was a historical precedent in living memory of this bullshit. Obviously none of us were to know.

I mean, the far-left also turned the workers into inhumane insignificant cogs in the machine, so yeah...

Duhon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:29 am

Duhon wrote:

You're acting as if "Magyar" somehow was a synonym for Nazi, which it really isn't.

I used "Magyar" as a synonym for "Hungarian". Orban and Fidesz may be dipshits, but they're no sHitler fanboys.

Duhon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:31 am

Caracasus wrote:

I mean, the far-left also turned the workers into inhumane insignificant cogs in the machine, so yeah...

... yeah, Magyar Communists aren't the topic here.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:36 am

Caracasus wrote:

I forgot how much better off the Russian workers were under the Tsar.

Yeah, no. The worst excesses of communism aside, we have a far right movement who preyed on the working class to get elected under the promise of making stuff better and lo and behold, they're more interested in the bottom line (and apparently what people do with each other's bottoms) than actually improving stuff for the people who put them in power.
Last edited by Caracasus on Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:38 am

Caracasus wrote:

I forgot how much better off the Russian workers were under the Tsar.

Yeah, no. The worst excesses of communism aside, we have a far right movement who preyed on the working class to get elected under the promise of making stuff better and lo and behold, they're more interested in the bottom line (and apparently what people do with each other's bottoms) than actually improving stuff for the people who put them in power.

Right wingers making false promises and making a complete 180 when they get elected? Why I never... Ugh.
Last edited by New haven america on Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Trumptonium1
Senator

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trumptonium1 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:07 am

Employers won't be allowed to punish employees who reject the extra three hours a week which will be paid at overtime, so what's wrong?

Sticky wages and contract law means it is difficult to change working hours and/or pay, even if both sides want it, this is the government providing an opportunity to do so. I don't see why that's supposedly bad.

Hungary's working hours are shorter than most countries in CEE, this would still put them below Poland.
Preferred pronouns: His Majesty/Your Highness

https://www.bolsonaro.com.br/
Resident Non-Pumpkin Character

Trumptonium1
Senator

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trumptonium1 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:09 am

Valrifell wrote:Stripping back labor rights to own the libs.

Stripping back labor rights like allowing employees to work an extra three hours a week if they want to

Oh no

Fuck me, Hungary is basically a fascist confederate state at this point
Preferred pronouns: His Majesty/Your Highness

https://www.bolsonaro.com.br/
Resident Non-Pumpkin Character

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:16 am

Trumptonium1 wrote:
Valrifell wrote:Stripping back labor rights to own the libs.

Stripping back labor rights like allowing employees to work an extra three hours a week if they want to

Oh no

Fuck me, Hungary is basically a fascist confederate state at this point

It's Europe, they basically cry that 20 hours a week is "literally worse than the Industrial Revolution".

-Ocelot-
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ocelot- » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:04 am

They deserve it. Don't want scary brown immigrants to come into your country? Work until you drop dead.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:07 am

-Ocelot- wrote:They deserve it. Don't want scary brown immigrants to come into your country? Work until you drop dead.

But that means, y'know, actually working.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:08 am

-Ocelot- wrote:They deserve it. Don't want scary brown immigrants to come into your country? Work until you drop dead.

I mean, if those scary brown immigrants actually bother to learn Hungarian (a language that is insanely hard to learn, just sayin'), drop the whole "Islam is above all" fad and get some lovely jobs, I'm sure Hungary wouldn't mind.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:13 am

I mean, if those scary brown immigrants actually bother to learn Hungarian (a language that is insanely hard to learn, just sayin'), drop the whole "Islam is above all" fad and get some lovely jobs, I'm sure Hungary wouldn't mind.

They can accept me! I'm willing to torture myself with Hungarian... mostly... somewhat...

Real talk though, they barely accept other European/descended people, having to deal with people from another continent should be apocalyptic to them.
Last edited by New haven america on Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:14 am

New haven america wrote:

They can accept me! I'm willing to torture myself with Hungarian... mostly... somewhat...

Real talk though, they barely accept other European/descended people, having to deal with people from another continent should be apocalyptic to them.

I mean, it's bad enough they can barely contain their genetic urge to shank Romanians, Croats and Serbs and reproduce with Poles...

-Ocelot-
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ocelot- » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:18 am

That's a good point. They shouldn't stay on Hungary anyway. The language is a good deterrent by itself.

Also not all immigrants are muslims. Many are Christians. Africa and the MENA region has millions of Christians and a lot of people ignore just how many non-Muslim refugees have left Syria.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:30 am

New haven america wrote:They can accept me! I'm willing to torture myself with Hungarian... mostly... somewhat...

I mean, it's bad enough they can barely contain their genetic urge to shank Romanians, Croats and Serbs and reproduce with Poles...

That's why they should accept me! I'm such a mutt they wouldn't know how to get rid of me.

My ancestors fooled them.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:34 am

-Ocelot- wrote:

That's a good point. They shouldn't stay on Hungary anyway. The language is a good deterrent by itself.

Also not all immigrants are muslims. Many are Christians. Africa and the MENA region has millions of Christians and a lot of people ignore just how many non-Muslim refugees have left Syria.

Then Hungary could start by taking in Christian migrants.

But I unironically believe that many would-be migrants would be put off by having to learn Hungarian, which is not only unrelated to Romance, Germanic or Slavic families, but insanely hard to learn.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General