NATION

PASSWORD

#MeToo Becomes #LeaveMeAlone

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:54 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
Investigating rape cases is dangerous. You heard it here first.

Here's an example of Vassenor deliberately refusing to honestly engage with critics again.

I'm sorry if my ignoring your constant DEBATE ME! is upsetting you, but it's kind of hard to have any sort of debate when you keep running off on tangents about feminist conspiracies every single time..
Last edited by Vassenor on Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Dekerin Domains
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Dekerin Domains » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:57 am

Vassenor wrote:
Dekerin Domains wrote:
Indeed. The #MeToo movement started with a noble goal, but it's becoming an attack on due process and the fundamental right to a fair trial.

Which you continue to illustrate with examples from before it started.

It's part of a larger trend of men not getting their chance to defend themselves while being harassed, shamed, attacked, and maligned in the press and elsewhere. By the time that it gets to a trial, their lives are ruined, and maybe then they might actually get a chance to defend themselves in court, a bankrupt shell of a man.

Instead of, you know, waiting for a verdict before painting someone with that brush?
"There are lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain
"Hasn't this fellow read any books?" - Vladimir Lenin (Patrick Stewart) regarding Alexander Kerensky, Fall of Eagles
'"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary." - Karl Marx
"Ya know, if you're gonna send someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is." - Xander Cage, XXX

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:57 am

Vassenor wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:
Here's an example of Vassenor deliberately refusing to honestly engage with critics again.

I'm sorry if my ignoring your constant DEBATE ME! is upsetting you.

It's not just me you're ignoring. There's plenty of people who've pointed this out.

Vassenor wrote:
Dekerin Domains wrote:
Indeed. The #MeToo movement started with a noble goal, but it's becoming an attack on due process and the fundamental right to a fair trial.

MeToo involved plenty of cases of talking social awkwardness and casting them as sexual assault. Beyond that it is deliberately disingenuous to act like this campaign pushed and conducted by the same people is different from previous campaigns when the same rhetoric, rationales, and tactics are being used. Rebranding the Klan every time they go out to lynch someone doesn't mean it becomes unfair to note a pattern.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:58 am

Thuzbekistan wrote:
Dekerin Domains wrote:
From what I can tell, the lesson is that women can randomly accuse anyone they want and be believed, no matter how insane, lacking in evidence, or unfair that might be, and that's now condoned and accepted, the man in question hounded, stripped of his life's work and life's savings, thrown out of college, and jailed without any due process at all. The lesson is that, no matter how nice or good a man is, women have the right to redefine sexual assault or harassment continually on arbitrary, whimsical terms, whenever they feel like it, and get believed at the expense of men. But if a man accuses a woman, of course, then due process suddenly matters.

Just like there's a double standard about male teachers with female students vs. female teachers vs. male students.

The lesson is that men are now second-class citizens with no rights, only privileges that women let them have. Only women are full citizens now. That's the lesson of #MeToo.

Not being an asshole is no protection at all, and those who believe that it is are in for a rude awakening.

If this continues, there is only one way that it will end: a backlash the likes of which the feminists cannot possibly fathom, one which will upend any positive objectives that they have achieved along with the negative ones, and which will bring society back to square one. All of their gains will be erased, just like that. I dare say that it will be a violent one, too, an upheaval, a counter-revolution achieved by deadly force.

I dont think so on that last note. You should probably get off the internet and join real life cuz no one is angry at women over #metoo because in most peoples view its only assholes getting hit.

Plus the only acceptable view for any victim of crime is to investigate all claims as if they are real while maintaining the presumption of innocence for the accused. Courts of public opinion are one thing that's uncontrollable tho and comes with being a public figure.

Polls directly disagree with you. Most people view MeToo negatively.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Dekerin Domains
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Dekerin Domains » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:58 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
I'm sorry if my ignoring your constant DEBATE ME! is upsetting you.

It's not just me you're ignoring. There's plenty of people who've pointed this out.

Vassenor wrote:

MeToo involved plenty of cases of talking social awkwardness and casting them as sexual assault. Beyond that it is deliberately disingenuous to act like this campaign pushed and conducted by the same people is different from previous campaigns when the same rhetoric, rationales, and tactics are being used. Rebranding the Klan every time they go out to lynch someone doesn't mean it becomes unfair to note a pattern.

Like the Klan, this has ended in lynchings. Just not literal ones.
"Hasn't this fellow read any books?" - Vladimir Lenin (Patrick Stewart) regarding Alexander Kerensky, Fall of Eagles
'"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary." - Karl Marx
"Ya know, if you're gonna send someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is." - Xander Cage, XXX

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:58 am

Dekerin Domains wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

It's part of a larger trend of men not getting their chance to defend themselves while being harassed, shamed, attacked, and maligned in the press and elsewhere. By the time that it gets to a trial, their lives are ruined, and maybe then they might actually get a chance to defend themselves in court, a bankrupt shell of a man.

Instead of, you know, waiting for a verdict before painting someone with that brush?

So do you have any current examples of that trend continuing?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Dekerin Domains
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Dekerin Domains » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:59 am

Vassenor wrote:
Dekerin Domains wrote:

Why do you keep asking for what you've already been given?

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:59 am

Dekerin Domains wrote:
Asherahan wrote:And what is the lesson to be learned from me #MeToo?

Do not be an asshole? Most already know that and those that don't won't give a shit about #MeToo.

Actions have Reactions.

From what I can tell, the lesson is that women can randomly accuse anyone they want and be believed, no matter how insane, lacking in evidence, or unfair that might be, and that's now condoned and accepted, the man in question hounded, stripped of his life's work and life's savings, thrown out of college, and jailed without any due process at all. The lesson is that, no matter how nice or good a man is, women have the right to redefine sexual assault or harassment continually on arbitrary, whimsical terms, whenever they feel like it, and get believed at the expense of men. But if a man accuses a woman, of course, then due process suddenly matters.

Just like there's a double standard about male teachers with female students vs. female teachers vs. male students.

The lesson is that men are now second-class citizens with no rights, only privileges that women let them have. Only women are full citizens now. That's the lesson of #MeToo.

Not being an asshole is no protection at all, and those who believe that it is are in for a rude awakening.

If this continues, there is only one way that it will end: a backlash the likes of which the feminists cannot possibly fathom, one which will upend any positive objectives that they have achieved along with the negative ones, and which will bring society back to square one. All of their gains will be erased, just like that. I dare say that it will be a violent one, too, an upheaval, a counter-revolution achieved by deadly force.

Violent backlash to enforce control over women is one possible outcome of this continuing feminist trend, yes. It largely depends on how the Romanovs react to the demands of the Octoberists. I don't think any such violent backlash is likely to succeed in its goals, but it will destabilize society and make violence more normal.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ostro.MOV

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:01 am

Dekerin Domains wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

I'll take that as a No then.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Dekerin Domains
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Dekerin Domains » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:02 am

Vassenor wrote:
Dekerin Domains wrote:

You've been given repeated examples, both before and after it, and not all of it by me. Ostro and others have said this, among others.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:02 am

Vassenor wrote:
Dekerin Domains wrote:

Have college kangaroo courts stopped, in your opinion?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:03 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Have college kangaroo courts stopped, in your opinion?

What makes it a kangaroo court?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Dekerin Domains
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Dekerin Domains » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:03 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Dekerin Domains wrote:

Violent backlash to enforce control over women is one possible outcome of this continuing feminist trend, yes. It largely depends on how the Romanovs react to the demands of the Octoberists. I don't think any such violent backlash is likely to succeed in its goals, but it will destabilize society and make violence more normal.

So, to quote Jack Palance from Cops And Robbersons, "We're all just one step away from a lawless society."

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:03 am

Vassenor wrote:
Dekerin Domains wrote:

Buruma, Louis CK, and arguably Ghomeshi are three exmaples that leap to mind from this operation specifically.
Ostro.MOV

Dekerin Domains
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Dekerin Domains » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:03 am

Vassenor wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Have college kangaroo courts stopped, in your opinion?

A lack of an acceptable burden of proof. If colleges are going to act like criminal courts, they need to have the same exact standard of due process.
Last edited by Dekerin Domains on Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:04 am

Vassenor wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Have college kangaroo courts stopped, in your opinion?

The fact that it offers a very low burden of proof and often does not allow the accused the same opurtunity to present their side of the story as the accuser.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:04 am

Vassenor wrote:

Burden of proof being functionally on the accused, lack of right to counsel for the accused, lack of cross examination, no duty to disclose exculpatory evidence, among some other things.
Ostro.MOV

Liriena
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Liriena » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:04 am

Dekerin Domains wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Coming to conclusions without due process is dangerous.

How exactly? Has there been an increase in false criminal convictions directly caused by #MeToo?
Last edited by Liriena on Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
be gay do crime

I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:05 am

Dekerin Domains wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

A lack of an acceptable burden of proof. If colleges are going to act like criminal courts, they need to have the same exact standard of due process.

Is the burden of proof not still on the accuser to show they were raped?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Imperializt Russia
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperializt Russia » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:05 am

Men holding senior positions in companies could just generally not be shitbags to or around women, then they wouldn't feel like they were "walking on eggshells" around women.

Simple enough.
Warning! This poster has:
PT puppet of the People's Republic of Samozaryadnyastan.

Lamadia wrote:dangerous socialist attitude
Also,
Imperializt Russia wrote:I'm English, you tit.

Dekerin Domains
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Dekerin Domains » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:05 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Burden of proof being functionally on the accused, lack of right to counsel for the accused, lack of cross examination, no duty to disclose exculpatory evidence, among some other things.

Precisely. If you're going to deprive someone of the benefits of a college education and still have them on the hook for student loans, you owe them at least the benefit of a proper, fair, honest, public hearing.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:06 am

Liriena wrote:
Dekerin Domains wrote:

How exactly? Has there been an increase in false criminal convictions?

In the UK, there was the collapse of due process in the criminal court system as a direct result of allowing a feminist a position of authority with which she could operate and push her fucked up demands related to this topic, an abuse of human rights she was able to carry out due to MeToo and other campaigns like it.
Ostro.MOV

Dekerin Domains
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Dekerin Domains » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:06 am

Imperializt Russia wrote:Men holding senior positions in companies could just generally not be shitbags to or around women, then they wouldn't feel like they were "walking on eggshells" around women.

Simple enough.

Boy are you naive, sonny.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:06 am

Vassenor wrote:
Dekerin Domains wrote:

Is the burden of proof not still on the accuser to show they were raped?

Not to the same extent as a criminal court, and council is denied in most cases.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:06 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Oh, are you still playing the "the accused doesn't get to cross examine the accuser personally ergo there is no cross examination" card?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General