NATION

PASSWORD

#MeToo Becomes #LeaveMeAlone

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:58 pm

I try to read this thread, but all I hear is "Vags have too much rights."
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

New Flag Courtesy of The Realist Polities

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:03 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:I try to read this thread, but all I hear is "Vags have too much rights."

Here's a good example of a feminist who has become unwilling or unable to properly engage with discussion of how men are mistreated as a result of their ideology and how it prevents them from being honest about their critics. When you are this flippant and dismissive of abuses against men and violations of their human rights, when your movement thinks acting this way in response to any and all criticism even when it bares no resemblance to your cariacature is valid, the result is peoples lives get ruined. These CEOs have decided not to let people like you do that to them anymore.

You are operating on the level of people who scream "You just hate jesus" or "The bible says there'd be demons among us like you!" to criticism of theocracy, and sadly that level probably makes you average for a feminist. You only interact with a set of internal scriptures, not reality, and it produces results like this. I'm pointing this out about you so others can see how feminism works and what it does to the adherents who practice it, and why they are wrong.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:05 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Petrasylvania wrote:I try to read this thread, but all I hear is "Vags have too much rights."

Here's a good example of a feminist who has become unwilling or unable to properly engage with discussion of how men are mistreated as a result of their ideology and how it prevents them from being honest about their critics. When you are this flippant and dismissive of abuses against men and violations of their human rights, when your movement thinks acting this way in response to any and all criticism is valid, the result is peoples lives get ruined. These CEOs have decided not to let people like you do that to them anymore.

I haven't dealt with any discrimination based on being male, so I must not live in the same world as you where amazon hunting parties look for men to castrate before setting them to work hard labor.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:08 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:
Here's a good example of a feminist who has become unwilling or unable to properly engage with discussion of how men are mistreated as a result of their ideology and how it prevents them from being honest about their critics. When you are this flippant and dismissive of abuses against men and violations of their human rights, when your movement thinks acting this way in response to any and all criticism is valid, the result is peoples lives get ruined. These CEOs have decided not to let people like you do that to them anymore.

I haven't dealt with any discrimination based on being male, so I must not live in the same world as you where amazon hunting parties look for men to castrate before setting them to work hard labor.

Yes, you have. You merely don't want to acknowledge it for ideological reasons.
It's very noteable you only talk about strawmen when discussing this instead of engaging with the actual examples of sexism against men we bring up. You do live in the same world as me Gauth, it's a world where feminists have actively eroded due process for men accused of sexual misconduct as a part of a decades long campaign to undermine it. So why don't you talk about that instead of refusing to actually interact with your critics/reality.

It's because you can't, isn't it. You have to rely on this type of thing otherwise you've got nothing. Your only winning move in terms of honest discussion is not to play, because your movement is not honest, and cannot be honest, if it hopes to survive.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:09 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Petrasylvania wrote:I haven't dealt with any discrimination based on being male, so I must not live in the same world as you where amazon hunting parties look for men to castrate before setting them to work hard labor.

It's very noteable you only talk about strawmen when discussing this instead of engaging with the actual examples of sexism against men we bring up. You do live in the same world as me Gauth, it's a world where feminists have actively eroded due process for men accused of sexual misconduct as a part of a decades long campaign to undermine it. So why don't you talk about that instead of refusing to actually interact with your critics/reality.

So is there some sort of law mandating that anyone with a Y chromosome be denied due process now?

Because the sort of conspiracy you're describing just isn't sustainable. For something to be that big and that far reaching without someone blabbering about it by accident just strains credibility too far. It's the same reason the moon landing fakery conspiracy doesn't hold up to scrutiny either.
Last edited by Vassenor on Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:12 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

So is there some sort of law mandating that anyone with a Y chromosome be denied due process now?

Firstly you're ignoring that legal and official discrimination is only one type of discrimination when you never behave this way for other groups facing discrimination. (There is no law mandating cops shoot black people more often.).

Secondly, in practice, Title 9 and the dear colleague letters, which was recently in part reversed by the Trump administration.

Notably courts ruled the feminists broke the law and violated the mens due process rights. So the law actually defended them for once here. That doesn't change what the feminists did here, it in fact only solidly confirms it.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ostro.MOV

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:15 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Petrasylvania wrote:I haven't dealt with any discrimination based on being male, so I must not live in the same world as you where amazon hunting parties look for men to castrate before setting them to work hard labor.

It's because you can't, isn't it. You have to rely on this type of thing otherwise you've got nothing. Your only winning move in terms of honest discussion is not to play, because your movement is not honest, and cannot be honest, if it hopes to survive.

It's cute how you label your "damn vagocrats trying to neuter us men" diatribes as "honest discussion". I haven't had to worry about an amazon hunting party trying to castrate me.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:16 pm

South Ccanda wrote:Ak, k, I got it. Yeah, I've heard about that. Why is it downplayed so much? I've seen videos of MRAs trying to bring it up and they literally got slapped over it.

2 reasons.
1 Because as a society we don't care all that much about bad things happening to men.
2 It's difficult to find an MBA who can string together two coherent points without ranting.

Quote someone. The snide comments to nobody I'm particular and about nothing in particular aren't really discussing.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:18 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
South Ccanda wrote:Ak, k, I got it. Yeah, I've heard about that. Why is it downplayed so much? I've seen videos of MRAs trying to bring it up and they literally got slapped over it.

2 reasons.
1 Because as a society we don't care all that much about bad things happening to men.
2 It's difficult to find an MBA who can string together two coherent points without ranting.

Quote someone. The snide comments to nobody I'm particular and about nothing in particular aren't really discussing.

This is gold.

Petrasylvania wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

Petrasylvania wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

It's cute how you label your "damn vagocrats trying to neuter us men" diatribes as "honest discussion". I haven't had to worry about an amazon hunting party trying to castrate me.

I want it framed.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:25 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Des-Bal wrote:
2 reasons.

This is gold.

Petrasylvania wrote:It's cute how you label your "damn vagocrats trying to neuter us men" diatribes as "honest discussion". I haven't had to worry about an amazon hunting party trying to castrate me.

I want it framed.

Feel free if you think it's that important. Gotta have a hobby in between imagining yourself the Champion of Menz and Slayer of Feminazi Amazons, Gatherer of Handmaids.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:28 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:Feel free if you think it's that important. Gotta have a hobby in between imagining yourself the Champion of Menz and Slayer of Feminazi Amazons, Gatherer of Handmaids.

Quote an instance of Ostro suggesting women should be treated as less than equal to men.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:33 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
Petrasylvania wrote:Feel free if you think it's that important. Gotta have a hobby in between imagining yourself the Champion of Menz and Slayer of Feminazi Amazons, Gatherer of Handmaids.

Quote an instance of Ostro suggesting women should be treated as less than equal to men.

Must there be actual quote for observations? He talks as if gender rights is a zero sum game, and rarely if ever refers to women as anything but adversaries. Wouldn't be difficult to see how things would go if he got his way.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:38 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:Must there be actual quote for observations? He talks as if gender rights is a zero sum game, and rarely if ever refers to women as anything but adversaries. Wouldn't be difficult to see how things would go if he got his way.

That's a good point, if you said that instead of bringing up the handmaidens tale as a posters objective for the second time you wouldn't need a quote. But you did.

New Mivango
Attaché

Founded: Nov 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Mivango » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:41 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:
Des-Bal wrote:Quote an instance of Ostro suggesting women should be treated as less than equal to men.

Must there be actual quote for observations? He talks as if gender rights is a zero sum game, and rarely if ever refers to women as anything but adversaries. Wouldn't be difficult to see how things would go if he got his way.

Or maybe he's pointing out how many rad fems view gender equality as a zero-sum and consistently seek to erode men's rights in order to gain what they call "equality," but amounts to supremacy.
Society is sick and needs the cancer of traditional morality removed from it, root and stem.
"Nothing has been more inimical to woman than truth. Her chief art is the lie, her supreme concern appearance and beauty." - Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good And Evil
My own version of Madagascar ruled by a semi-dynastic anti-colonialist leftist regime.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:42 pm

New Mivango wrote:
Petrasylvania wrote:Must there be actual quote for observations? He talks as if gender rights is a zero sum game, and rarely if ever refers to women as anything but adversaries. Wouldn't be difficult to see how things would go if he got his way.

Or maybe he's pointing out how many rad fems view gender equality as a zero-sum and consistently seek to erode men's rights in order to gain what they call "equality," but amounts to supremacy.

So what rights have men lost to feminists then?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:30 pm

That study is both an outlier and in another country, but here's what the data in the United States says.

Not that you're going to respond, but here you go:

While it might be thought that a statement such as the one quoted above represents only one judge’s opinion, surveys of judicial attitudes support the conclusion that his view is shared by a vast number of judges. A study conducted in 2004 found that although the tender years doctrine had been abolished some time ago, a majority of Indiana family court judges still supported it and decided cases coming before them consistently with it.[2] A survey of judges in Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee found a clear preference among judges for maternal custody in general.[3]

Another survey, this one commissioned by the Minnesota Supreme Court, found that a majority (56%) of the state’s judges, both male and female, agreed with the statement, “I believe young children belong with their mother.” Only a few of the judges indicated that they would need more information about the mother before they could answer. Fathers, one judge explained, “must prove their ability to parent while mothers are assumed to be able.”[4] Another judge commented, “I believe that God has given women a psychological makeup that is better tuned to caring for small children.”[5]

Judges’ self-reporting of their prejudices against fathers was consistent with practicing attorneys’ impressions of them. 69% of male attorneys had come to the conclusion that judges always or often assume from the outset (i.e., before being presented with any evidence) that children belong with their mothers. 40% of the female attorneys agreed with that assessment. Nearly all attorneys (94% of male attorneys and 84% of female attorneys) said that all judges exhibited prejudice against fathers at least some of the time.[6]

Similar findings have been made in court-sponsored gender bias studies conducted in other states. The Maryland study, for example, found that most attorneys perceived that it is either always or often the case that “[c]ustody awards to mothers are based on the assumption that children belong with their mothers.”[7] A follow-up study conducted in 2001 “still indicates a preference to award mothers custody.”[8] The majority of attorneys, both male and female, agreed that fathers either did not always get treated fairly in custody proceedings, or that they “often” did not. 6% of judges, 17% of female attorneys and 29% of male attorneys went so far as to say that no father ever receives fair treatment in a Maryland custody proceeding.[9] Surveys of judges in Maryland, Missouri, Texas and Washington found that a majority of judges were unable to say that they usually give fathers fair consideration in custody cases.[10] This matched the perception of members of the bar.[11]

A review of appellate court decisions led a team of psychology and law professors to conclude that the maternal preference is still the norm.[12]

The Georgia Commission on Gender Bias in the Judicial System uncovered judicial beliefs that mothers are always better parents than fathers; that children need to be with their mothers, but not necessarily with their fathers; and that a father cannot be a nurturing parent if he works outside the home. In addition, the commission uncovered a reluctance to deny custody of children to mothers out of fear that doing so will “brand” the mother as unfit or unworthy.[13] No judges expressed any comparable concern for the reputation or feelings of fathers.

References:

[2] Julie E. Artis, Judging the Best Interests of the Child: Judges’ Accounts of the Tender Years Doctrine, 38 Law & Soc’y Rev. 769, 771 (2004)

[3] Leighton Stamps, Maternal Preference in Child Custody Decisions, 37 J. Divorce & Remarriage 1(2002).

In general, it seems that judges are unwilling to explicitly specify whether mothers or fathers are the preferred parents, with the exception of the situation when children are under the age of six, in which case they believe that the mother is the preferred parent. Although they disagreed with the specification of either parent as better than the other, … the disagreement was stronger with regard to the father. Overall, on each of the five items, the means indicated a preference toward mothers over fathers, which are consistent with the theory of maternal preference.

Id. at 7.

[4]Minnesota Supreme Court Task Force for Gender Fairness in the Courts, Final Report 23 (1989)

[5] Id. at 23-24.

[6] Id. at 24.

[7]Maryland Special Joint Committee on Gender Bias in the Courts, Gender Bias Report (1989)

[8]Maryland Select Committee on Gender Equality, Retrospective Report (2001)

[9] Maryland Special Joint Committee on Gender Bias in the Courts, supra note 44.

[10] Douglas Dotterweich & Michael McKinney, National Attitudes Regarding Gender Bias in Child Custody Cases, 38 Fam. & Conciliation Cts. Rev. 212 (2000). Moreover, “[w]hen asked whether the courts always or usually give fair consideration to fathers, only one third (33.4%) of all judges and attorneys answered in the affirmative. Id. at 215. Incredibly, even in the face of this finding, judicial bias against fathers was dismissed as merely a “perception.” Rather than acknowledging the existence of a problem and suggesting judicial education or sensitivity training to address it, the concluding recommendation was this: “perceptions of gender bias might be further mitigated if judges are careful to provide complete explanations for the rationale behind their decisions in custody cases.” Id. at 217.

[11] Id. at 213.

The attorney bit is especially relevant, as attorneys are required to represent their clients best interests - including not wasting their time and money. So if an attorney thinks that the man has no chance due to his gender, he'll advise him not to contest, which means only the very strongest cases from men and the very weakest cases from women get challenged, and among those, women get custody about half the time.

There's substantial selection effects here.
Last edited by Galloism on Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:31 pm

Vassenor wrote:
New Mivango wrote:

So what rights have men lost to feminists then?

We can start with the right to equal protection under law.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:36 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

Someday Gauthier, you're going to have a friend who confides in you that he is being beaten by his wife or girlfriend or whatnot and gets arrested on her word alone, as a method exercised in furtherance of her abuse.

Or maybe, heaven forfend, it'll be you.

That day, Gauthier, I hope for your sake and your friend's sake, you actually engage with the issues at hand instead of mocking them. They deserve better. You deserve better.

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:38 pm

Galloism wrote:
Petrasylvania wrote:It's cute how you label your "damn vagocrats trying to neuter us men" diatribes as "honest discussion". I haven't had to worry about an amazon hunting party trying to castrate me.

Someday Gauthier, you're going to have a friend who confides in you that he is being beaten by his wife or girlfriend or whatnot and gets arrested on her word alone, as a method exercised in furtherance of her abuse.

That day, Gauthier, I hope for your sake and your friend's sake, you actually engage with the issues at hand instead of mocking them. They deserve better. You deserve better.

Wishing abuse on someone to score points. Classy.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:40 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:
Galloism wrote:Someday Gauthier, you're going to have a friend who confides in you that he is being beaten by his wife or girlfriend or whatnot and gets arrested on her word alone, as a method exercised in furtherance of her abuse.

I wish nothing - but millions of men are beaten and abused by their wives every year. It could be you. It could be your brother. Your neighbor. Your close friend.

I hope when one of them confides in you, you will treat this with the seriousness it deserves.

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:40 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:
Galloism wrote:Someday Gauthier, you're going to have a friend who confides in you that he is being beaten by his wife or girlfriend or whatnot and gets arrested on her word alone, as a method exercised in furtherance of her abuse.

That's not wishing abuse. That's just saying it's liable to happen.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:03 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:
Des-Bal wrote:Quote an instance of Ostro suggesting women should be treated as less than equal to men.

Point of order:

Referring to women as adversaries was Costa. Ostro slapped him down for it.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:24 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:Wishing abuse on someone to score points. Classy.

That was a prayer that when you are finally, inevitably, forced to confront the horrible things you make light of and ignore on this forum that you will find the strength, emotional maturity, and heart to help someone overcome something terrible- whether it's a friend or yourself.

Discourse Ouro-Bros
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Discourse Ouro-Bros » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:45 pm

Detox yourself from your current ideology. It is rendering you incapable of understanding the words your opposition write.

Ponder the fractal nature of ecology, spiraling from the the greatest ecosystems to the molecular level.

Actually believe in evolution, don't just claim that you do because it's endorsed by the "correct" ideology, and understand that it is not limited to biological systems. Compute its implications on social and information systems and the mechanisms of which they are composed.

Because right now, you don't believe in evolution, and you don't understand ecology.

Galloism is of course the actually correct one, but even Ostro is doing better than you.
Nationstates does not exist.

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:18 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Costa Fierro wrote:
We're making the assumption feminism is what feminists say it is. If we had a truly equal society, much of what women would be subject to would be decried as patriarchy.

Do you mean like long custodial sentences for anything less than murder and being legally capable of rape?

Of course.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General