NATION

PASSWORD

#MeToo Becomes #LeaveMeAlone

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:25 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
What?

#LeaveMeAlone becomes #PsychoExGirlfriendAccusesMeOfRapeToSabotageMarriageToSecondWife

#MakeGileadReal
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

New Flag Courtesy of The Realist Polities

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:25 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:He's the real victim, not those lying sluts he banged like an alpha stud. *nod*

What are you doing?

Petrasylvania wrote:#MakeGileadReal

Watch a second show.
Last edited by Des-Bal on Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:51 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:
#LeaveMeAlone becomes #PsychoExGirlfriendAccusesMeOfRapeToSabotageMarriageToSecondWife

#MakeGileadReal

#ReadBetterBooks
Insert trite farewell here

Dekerin Domains
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Dekerin Domains » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:52 pm

So, Vassenor speaks vaguely of another solution, but doesn't provide one, presumably because she doesn't want one to actually happen. She wants false accusations to go unchecked, because any kind of penalty for making them would necessarily risk a chilling effect on legitimate ones. Gotcha. It has a bit of a chilling effect on me, but I get it. She'd rather a hundred innocent men get railroaded than risk one guilty one going free.
Last edited by Dekerin Domains on Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There are lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain
"Hasn't this fellow read any books?" - Vladimir Lenin (Patrick Stewart) regarding Alexander Kerensky, Fall of Eagles
'"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary." - Karl Marx
"Ya know, if you're gonna send someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is." - Xander Cage, XXX

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:54 pm

The registry is a garbage program anyway. It shouldn't exist.

People can plea out of many major crimes. Believe it or not, it's a perk of the system and not a flaw.
Insert trite farewell here

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:56 pm

Dekerin Domains wrote:So, Vassenor speaks vaguely of another solution, but doesn't provide one, presumably because she doesn't want one to actually happen. She wants false accusations to go unchecked, because any kind of penalty for making them would necessarily risk a chilling effect on legitimate ones. Gotcha. It has a bit of a chilling effect on me, but I get it. She'd rather a hundred innocent men get railroaded than risk one guilty one going free.

Oh wow, did you pull something reaching that hard?

Especially after I said out loud for all to see that a malicious false accusation should result in actual criminal charges.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Dekerin Domains
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Dekerin Domains » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:58 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Dekerin Domains wrote:So, Vassenor speaks vaguely of another solution, but doesn't provide one, presumably because she doesn't want one to actually happen. She wants false accusations to go unchecked, because any kind of penalty for making them would necessarily risk a chilling effect on legitimate ones. Gotcha. It has a bit of a chilling effect on me, but I get it. She'd rather a hundred innocent men get railroaded than risk one guilty one going free.

Especially after I said out loud for all to see that a malicious false accusation should result in actual criminal charges.

For which they would get more due process than their victim got, I assume. I can gather that they won't be able to plea down the charges to nothing, given that women typically get far lighter sentences than men?
"Hasn't this fellow read any books?" - Vladimir Lenin (Patrick Stewart) regarding Alexander Kerensky, Fall of Eagles
'"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary." - Karl Marx
"Ya know, if you're gonna send someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is." - Xander Cage, XXX

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:01 pm

Dekerin Domains wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

For which they would get more due process than their victim got, I assume. I can gather that they won't be able to plea down the charges to nothing, given that women typically get far lighter sentences than men?

So we're back to you looking to be vindictive again.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Dekerin Domains
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Dekerin Domains » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:07 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Dekerin Domains wrote:

No, we're looking back to there being consequences for crimes such as falsely accusing people. When we prosecute murderers, arsonists, rapists, etc. are we being vindictive then? If it's a crime to falsely accuse, treat it like all other crimes. No special privilege for false accusers. Otherwise, it will just keep happening.....a lot! Apparently, you claim to believe in consequences, but when someone suggests a particular penalty, you shy away from it.

If someone is innocent of the crime of which you accuse him, to accuse him is in itself a criminal act, aggravated if you commit perjury in the process. It can and should carry serious criminal as well as civil penalties, especially in the interests of both justice and deterrence. In other words, false accusers are criminals and should be treated as such, just like murderers, thieves, robbers, burglars, arsonists, child molesters, and rapists.

So, by the way, do you deny that women get more lenient sentences than men on average?
Last edited by Dekerin Domains on Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:07 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Des-Bal wrote:
So in your opinion someone who maliciously makes false accusation should face absolutely no consequences?

edit: See other people can do the minimal engagement single question post too.

Oh hey, something I didn't actually say. And just for the sake of being vindictive. Real smooth.

Ironic, innit?

Petrasylvania wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:

#MakeGileadReal

You're more annoying than those Twitter leftists who make stilted comparisons to Harry Potter.

Anyway, in regards to the thread topic, I expected as much tbh and can't blame them. In their position, I'd likely do the exact same thing.
Arachno-anarchism || NO GODS NO MASTERS || Free NSG Odreria

Kaggeceria
Minister

Founded: Feb 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaggeceria » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:10 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Dekerin Domains wrote:

Wanting equality that you pretend to support is vindictive?
The Kaggecerian Realm (PMT)
I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe
NSG's only Jewish Nazi with the spookiest flag

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:12 pm

Kaggeceria wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Women shutting up no matter what is equality?
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:14 pm

Kaggeceria wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

How dare rape accusers be given an equal right to be treated as innocent until proven guilty.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Kaggeceria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaggeceria » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:16 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Kaggeceria wrote:Wanting equality that you pretend to support is vindictive?

How dare rape accusers be given an equal right to be treated as innocent until proven guilty.

What the fuck does innocent until proven guilty have to do with the lost you were responding to?
Dekerin Domains wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

He wants women to receive equal prison sentences to men.

Kaggeceria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaggeceria » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:16 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:
Kaggeceria wrote:Wanting equality that you pretend to support is vindictive?

Women shutting up no matter what is equality?

You and Vass are both shit at actually following conversations. Try harder.

South Ccanda
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby South Ccanda » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:32 pm

#BelieveWomen
I am Center-Left Libertarian. (-3,-3) on the Political Compass. My friends call me Whiskey cause I was named after a bottle of Jack Daniel's.

I've been drowning myself in work, I just started Culinary School, and I recently got called a Boot Licker for thanking a veteran for their service. I'm sad that I have to witness the part of history where supporting Cops and Troops is seen and a radical ideology.
Updated on August 25th, 2020

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:32 pm

South Ccanda wrote:

#BelieveWomen

Once again misinterpreting what that means.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:34 pm

Vassenor wrote:
South Ccanda wrote:#BelieveWomen

#They'reALLLyingSluts

South Ccanda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby South Ccanda » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:35 pm

Vassenor wrote:
South Ccanda wrote:#BelieveWomen

#IReplyToObviousSarcasticStrawmen
I am Center-Left Libertarian. (-3,-3) on the Political Compass. My friends call me Whiskey cause I was named after a bottle of Jack Daniel's.

I've been drowning myself in work, I just started Culinary School, and I recently got called a Boot Licker for thanking a veteran for their service. I'm sad that I have to witness the part of history where supporting Cops and Troops is seen and a radical ideology.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:37 pm

South Ccanda wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

#IReplyToObviousSarcasticStrawmen

Fair.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

South Ccanda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby South Ccanda » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:41 pm

Vassenor wrote:
South Ccanda wrote:#IReplyToObviousSarcasticStrawmen

Fair.

lol but in all seriousness, what would be a better alternative?

New Albion and Alba
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Albion and Alba » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:41 pm

Well, what penalty do you offer that you don't then take back with the next hand, Vass?
Alternate Great Britain that is a union of Celtic, Saxon, and Norse kingdoms and earldoms under a primarily Norse dynasty. It includes all of the RL UK except for Northern Ireland and the Channel Isles.

Lady Astor: If I were your wife, I’d serve you poison.
Winston Churchill: If you were my wife, I would swallow it.
"Hey, you believed it because you wanted to," Christian Slater, Heathers

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:54 pm

New Albion and Alba wrote:Well, what penalty do you offer that you don't then take back with the next hand, Vass?

When have I taken back bringing them up on criminal charges?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Late Roman Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Late Roman Empire » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:02 pm

Vassenor wrote:
New Albion and Alba wrote:Well, what penalty do you offer that you don't then take back with the next hand, Vass?

When have I taken back bringing them up on criminal charges?

When it got to actual sentencing, it seems that you want to go soft on them.
"I swear by Almighty God that I will faithfully serve and obey the Divine Augustus, as our Lord and Master, and hold him alone as my true, dread sovereign and prince. I swear that I will serve him loyally until the hour of my death, on pain of damnation to my eternal soul." - the Imperial Oath of Allegiance (administered to the civil service and armed forces)

Woe to they who demand things of the Lord of the World, for he is neither so obliged nor amused.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:03 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:They'reALLLyingSluts

Who said that. Quote them.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General