NATION

PASSWORD

Missionary killed after trying to convert isolated tribe

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:20 am

Kubumba Tribe wrote:
Kaggeceria wrote:And this is why isolated tribes shouldn't be allowed to exist. Tribal sovereignty is always bad. They need to be civilized.

They already are civilized, and there's no safe way to make these people a part od our civilization.
Kaggeceria wrote:Personally, I think the Sentinelese just need to embrace diversity. It is, after all, the current year and the murder of foreigners is really something we should not tolerate.

#openborders

Agreed. Though not so much on the hashtag.
Bombadil wrote:
Based on rudimentary hand signals and pictographs I personally understood their philosophy of life and death as enunciated in Kierkegard’s 1843 work of Fear and Trembling, albeit written under the pseudonym, Johannes de silentio. It was really that dichotomy of human logic against blind faith expression of god’s will expressed through the story of Abraham and Isaac. If Abraham is to be seen an admirable figure in spite of his murderous intentions, this is because he confronts with courage the loss of the person whom he loves most dearly. According to Kierkegaard, and by proxy the Sentinelese, Abraham is a hero not by virtue of his obedience to God's command, but because he maintains his relationship to Isaac after giving him up.

Or that’s what I understood, as they explained..

.as Abraham raises his knife over Isaac's body, this symbolises the fact that every human relationship is haunted by the prospect of death. Love always ends in loss, at least within this life. One response to this existential fact – perhaps the most common response – is to avoid the issue of mortality as much as possible. An alternative response is to face up to the inevitable pain of loss and to relinquish the beloved in advance, so to speak, by giving up hope of enjoying a happy relationship within this lifetime.

Clearly this is view that human relationships are important, if not most important in our understanding of our mission according to God’s command.

But strangers.. f ‘em.

Ibraahim AS didn't have murderous intentions.
Infected Mushroom wrote:The more this thread runs (the more posts I read), the less sympathetic towards the isolated tribe I feel. At this rate, I’m going to be advocating that they be forcefully integrated into India and those responsible for the murder arrested and put on trial...

Getting really tired of posters defending what’s essentially a bunch of savages murdering a preacher with arrows (and going in very strange circles to make it “self defense”)... the amount of mental gymnastics and victim blaming here is truly truly outrageous...

They know literally Spit about disease (they are a bunch of primitives). They saw a person walking in who looks different so they shot him dead. Why are we defending this murder again? “self defense” is so distorted...

Anyhow, that’s how I feel

I’m totally okay if India or the USA decides to use military action to solve this problem

So you're ok with genocide?
Infected Mushroom wrote:
You put a team of special forces operators (several hundred men), arm them with specialized tranq rifles... and move in.

Or even better, deploy sleeping gas over the peremeter with aircraft and non lethal artillery

You can capture all of them, vaccinate them when they are unconscious, and then put them into Training camps to learn the skills to be re integrated into modern society... it may take several generations of reprogramming and of course it’s important that they be treated humanely and with luxuries...

This would be a joint US India operations with personnel from top special forces

Or you could do all of this without the re-integration (which wouldn't be a thing in this case) and put them back on their island.
Andsed wrote:...ARE YOU SERIOUS! First off we have no idea how they would react to sleeping gas since there immune systems are much different then ares. And second you want us to put them into concentration camps oh sorry "training camps" to reprogram them. That is one of the most oppressive idea's I have ever heard.

Yes, he said "training camps". He also said that they should be treated humanely, so you didn't have to fake a typo. Also, he didn't say "reprogram", he said "re-integrate".
Infected Mushroom wrote:
No these would be re education camps filled with luxuries and very humanitarian conditions; we need to be prepared to accommodate them for several generations until they can safely rejoin modern society

You can't rejoin something you've never been a part of. Besides, they're already in modern society.

Buddy you are very naive. First off re-"training" camps are nothing more than concentration camps and are never humane never. They are only used to force people to believe whatever the government says. Also what he is suggesting is no different than reprogramming which is forcing the tribe to change their beliefs. If you think that these re-"training camps" would be in any way humane you are naive and have no idea how these kinds of camps work.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:20 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
US-SSR wrote:What I find objectionable is terming indigenous people "savages" and implying they lack a valid moral code simply because they defend their territory against befuddled interlopers; thinking Chau's death is some kind of outrage or tragedy instead of what it is, a stupid self-inflicted pointless stunt worthy of a Darwin Award; and while we're at it why this ridiculous story is still being reported on when it's no more interesting or significant than any idiot lighting a match to see if his gas tank is full or not.

Sorry that I don't consider murdering anyone who steps on your land a sign of a valid moral code. You have fun with that extreme relativism though! I am sure it will bring joy to the hearts of people who jack off to the thought of murdering uppity blacks for taking shortcuts across their lawn.

Sounds like we need to bring them some FreedomTM!
Last edited by Galloism on Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:22 am

Loben wrote:poor bastard

Nah he was an asshole. He really does not deserve sympathy at all. He broke the law multiple times despite knowing the tribe did not want him there and he got multiple fishermen in trouble through his selfishness. I don't condone or celebrate his death but he was idiotic asshole who does not deserve our sympathy.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:23 am

Galloism wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:Sorry that I don't consider murdering anyone who steps on your land a sign of a valid moral code. You have fun with that extreme relativism though! I am sure it will bring joy to the hearts of people who jack off to the thought of murdering uppity blacks for taking shortcuts across their lawn.

Sounds like we need to bring them some FreedomTM!

To be fair that has unironically been advocated numerous times in this thread...
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The Grims
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grims » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:23 am

Cetacea wrote:
Bombadil wrote:
A Christian friend of mine has posted this on FB and there's a raging debate as to whether, if this was truly God's Calling, then perhaps he should be considered more a martyr for his faith. They're making comparisons to missionaries who go to war torn countries or others who've died for their faith.

Interestingly others are saying missionaries receive years of training and he was off by himself so..

Quite interesting to read.

it always amuses me that these Christian Missionaries always die as Matyrs, ts never because God is punishing them for being tresspassing criminals

As I said earlier, God/Allah had clearly informed the natives that the missionary was a threat to their survival.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:24 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Galloism wrote:Sounds like we need to bring them some FreedomTM!

To be fair that has unironically been advocated numerous times in this thread...

Yeah and some have even advocated for us to stick them into concentration camps or wait sorry "re-training camps."
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:25 am

Luna Amore wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Becoming a well-armed person with malicious intent would probably attract the attention of the authorities before the person in question could get within an ass's roar of the Andamans.

I don’t think it’d be that hard to circumvent the authorities if you had your own boat and didn’t blatantly announce your intentions.

I’m picturing Batman but a bastard.

'Gee Batman, don't you think that taking the Batgunboat out to beat a native population into submission might not be repeating the same horrific mistakes of the 18th century, made even worse with the presence of hindsight?'

'You shut the fuck up Robin. Since my parents were gunned down, all i have left is the almost sexual thrill I get out of using my billions of dollars to brutally enforce my will on those weaker than me! Do you want to get out the Batgunboat and take your chances with the natives? No? Then get packing the Batsmallpox blankets!'

'*mutters* sometimes I worry I am an enabler...'
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

Loben
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:25 am

The Grims wrote:
Cetacea wrote:
it always amuses me that these Christian Missionaries always die as Matyrs, ts never because God is punishing them for being tresspassing criminals

As I said earlier, God/Allah had clearly informed the natives that the missionary was a threat to their survival.

or what ever savage deity these uneducated swine think is their god.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:26 am

The Grims wrote:
Cetacea wrote:

I'm pretty sure these natives don't worship God or Allah. And even if they did I doubt God or Allah would care enough to warn them since they have shown repeatably not to give much of a shit about us.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The Grims
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grims » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:26 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
US-SSR wrote:What I find objectionable is terming indigenous people "savages" and implying they lack a valid moral code simply because they defend their territory against befuddled interlopers; thinking Chau's death is some kind of outrage or tragedy instead of what it is, a stupid self-inflicted pointless stunt worthy of a Darwin Award; and while we're at it why this ridiculous story is still being reported on when it's no more interesting or significant than any idiot lighting a match to see if his gas tank is full or not.

Sorry that I don't consider murdering anyone who steps on your land a sign of a valid moral code. You have fun with that extreme relativism though! I am sure it will bring joy to the hearts of people who jack off to the thought of murdering uppity blacks for taking shortcuts across their lawn.

So again: what should these savages have done to the person who kept setting foot on their shore despite multiple warnings ?

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:27 am

Loben wrote:
The Grims wrote:

Your joking right?
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:27 am

Galloism wrote:Sounds like we need to bring them some FreedomTM!

Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Loben
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Loben » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:27 am

The Grims wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:Sorry that I don't consider murdering anyone who steps on your land a sign of a valid moral code. You have fun with that extreme relativism though! I am sure it will bring joy to the hearts of people who jack off to the thought of murdering uppity blacks for taking shortcuts across their lawn.

So again: what should these savages have done to the person who kept setting foot on their shore despite multiple warnings ?

cultural and tribal disbandment.

The Grims
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grims » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:28 am

Loben wrote:
The Grims wrote:

Whoever it is, he clearly guides them well and true.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:29 am

The Grims wrote:
Cetacea wrote:

The island is actually the HQ of the Illuminati, disguised as the habitat of a lost tribe. The "natives" are disguised security operatives that kill anyone who lands on the island, it's the only way to keep up the ruse. The Illuminati is shitting themselves because of all the attention their island is getting right now though, so the policy of killing all trespassers has backfired a bit...
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:31 am

Galloism wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:To be fair that has unironically been advocated numerous times in this thread...

I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Loben
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Loben » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:32 am

The Grims wrote:
Loben wrote:

oh joy, an atheist with opinions.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:32 am

Loben wrote:
The Grims wrote:

...is there any other...?

Wave on, wave on

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:34 am

Loben wrote:

...is there any other...?

Yeah dead atheist. If your dead you don't have any opinions. Also as an atheist myself hey Loben what's wrong with atheist haveing opinions?
Last edited by Andsed on Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:36 am

Andsed wrote:
Kubumba Tribe wrote:They already are civilized, and there's no safe way to make these people a part od our civilization.

Agreed. Though not so much on the hashtag.

Ibraahim AS didn't have murderous intentions.

So you're ok with genocide?

Or you could do all of this without the re-integration (which wouldn't be a thing in this case) and put them back on their island.

Yes, he said "training camps". He also said that they should be treated humanely, so you didn't have to fake a typo. Also, he didn't say "reprogram", he said "re-integrate".

You can't rejoin something you've never been a part of. Besides, they're already in modern society.

Buddy you are very naive.

It's naive to explain what someone said?
Andsed wrote:First off re-"training" camps are nothing more than concentration camps and are never humane never. They are only used to force people to believe whatever the government says.

I'm not talking about what they usually are, I'm talking about what IM said.
Andsed wrote:Also what he is suggesting is no different than reprogramming which is forcing the tribe to change their beliefs. If you think that these re-"training camps" would be in any way humane you are naive and have no idea how these kinds of camps work.

The Grims wrote:
Cetacea wrote:

False if you mean that in a prophet-like fashion.
Andsed wrote:
The Grims wrote:

I'm pretty sure these natives don't worship God or Allah. And even if they did I doubt God or Allah would care enough to warn them since they have shown repeatably not to give much about us.

That's why Allah SWT swnt us prophets (AS/SAWS) and Books right?
Loben wrote:
The Grims wrote:

That doesn't even make sense with what Grims said.
Pro: (Pan-)Islamism--Palestine--RBG--Choice to an extent--Giving land back to Native Americans--East--Afrika--etc.
Anti: US gov--West gov--Capitalism--Imperialism/Colonialism--Racism/White Supremacy--Secularism getting into everything--Western 'intervention' in the East--Zionism--etc.
I'm a New Afrikan Muslim :) https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality Sister nation of El-Amin Caliphate
Farnhamia wrote:A word of advice from your friendly neighborhood Mod, be careful how you use "kafir." It's derogatory usage by some people can get you in trouble unless you are very careful in setting the context for it's use.

This means we can use the word, just not in a bad way. So don't punish anyone who uses kafir.

Loben
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Loben » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:37 am

Andsed wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:...is there any other...?

Yeah dead atheist. If your dead you don't have any opinions. Also as an atheist myself hey Loben what's wrong with atheist haveing opinions?

they lack the ability to keep their godless traps shut and often have the ego of a paranoid who's been proven right.

The Grims
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grims » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:42 am

Loben wrote:
The Grims wrote:

Why on earth would you assume I am an atheist after I repeatedly declared that this was clearly divine interference ?

I am not joking.

Loben
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Loben » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:47 am

The Grims wrote:
Loben wrote:

Why on earth would you assume I am an atheist after I repeatedly declared that this was clearly divine interference ?

I am not joking.

why would a christian declare savages butchering a man of god see this as divine interference?

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:48 am

Kubumba Tribe wrote:
Andsed wrote:Buddy you are very naive.

Andsed wrote:First off re-"training" camps are nothing more than concentration camps and are never humane never. They are only used to force people to believe whatever the government says.

I'm not talking about what they usually are, I'm talking about what IM said.
Andsed wrote:Also what he is suggesting is no different than reprogramming which is forcing the tribe to change their beliefs. If you think that these re-"training camps" would be in any way humane you are naive and have no idea how these kinds of camps work.

The Grims wrote:

False if you mean that in a prophet-like fashion.
Andsed wrote:I'm pretty sure these natives don't worship God or Allah. And even if they did I doubt God or Allah would care enough to warn them since they have shown repeatably not to give much about us.

That's why Allah SWT swnt us prophets (AS/SAWS) and Books right?
Loben wrote:

That doesn't even make sense with what Grims said.

Yes it's naive to believe that a re-training camp could ever be humane. IM idea of a humane re-training camp is impossible as the whole purpose of a re-training camp is to force people to believe something which is in no way humane. Also you really believe those guys were actually prohpets. Don't make me laugh those guys were just people looking for power and using people superstition to do so. Also books like the bible were written by men not God or Allah.

Loben wrote:
Andsed wrote:Yeah dead atheist. If your dead you don't have any opinions. Also as an atheist myself hey Loben what's wrong with atheist haveing opinions?

they lack the ability to keep their godless traps shut and often have the ego of a paranoid who's been proven right.

OOOH stereotypes eh. Well two can play that game. Well I hate religious folk who act like every thing revolves about their religion and that they are better than those who don't worship their religion.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:48 am

Loben wrote:
The Grims wrote:

I am not joking.

why would a christian declare savages butchering a man of god see this as divine interference?

Savages butchering a man of God? This person did something that wasn't a good idea, he knew they would shoot arrows at him, and he did it anyway. God was definitely not with him.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General