NATION

PASSWORD

In Remembrance & Discussion - November 11, 1918

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:18 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Deltanium wrote:

If Germany just had Elsass-Lothringen, Danzig, Posen and Ostpreussen taken away and then divided like the Roosevelt plan said, the German states would be too weak to fight.

The French plan was far better. Break Germany into four separate states. Two of which would be under French influence and control. The was to be one independent German Territory and another influenced by Poland

I honestly think there's every chance that would backfire and cause an even bloodier version of World War II.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ASEXUAL~ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ☭ ★ ☭ ★ ☭ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ATHEIST ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ CELTIC ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ AUSTRALIAN ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Engleberg
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Engleberg » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:18 am

Nakena wrote:
Engleberg wrote:
Every word you speak in relation to breaking up Germany gets more and more atrocious for my eyes. How could anyone support this.

What if Austria would have won in 1866?

Please no
Umbrellya wrote:"You are literally the most unashamed German I've ever met."

Wiena wrote:"Engleberg you surely are the most savage guy in the whole game."

West Leas Oros 2 wrote:Anything Left of Center: *exists*
Engle: FUCKING REDS!

Lindenholt
Minister

Founded: Oct 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenholt » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:19 am

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:Tbh WWI could have been avoided if the Byzantine Empire still existed.

RIP

If those pesky Proto-Indo-Europeans never came to Europe then both world wars would have been prevented.
For information: http://iiwiki.us/wiki/Lindenholt
Come to Sunalaya, you'll enjoy it! Sunalaya
This user supports a single state solution for Ventismar.

New Paris 2014, never forget
This user supports a seven state solution for Bograel-Joguestine.

NewLakotah
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:19 am

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:Tbh WWI could have been avoided if the Byzantine Empire still existed.

RIP

Depending on how powerful the Empire was and not just a tiny city-state nation... Yeah, that actually makes alot of sense. Balkans would not have had the rugged history that they did have, and political stablity in the region would have prevented alot of the preliminary conflicts that directly lead to WWI...

You might be on to something there.
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:19 am

Lindenholt wrote:

RIP

If those pesky Proto-Indo-Europeans never came to Europe then both world wars would have been prevented.

If those annoying Homo Sapiens never left Africa, then most wars would have been prevented.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:19 am

Engleberg wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:The French plan was far better. Break Germany into four separate states. Two of which would be under French influence and control. The was to be one independent German Territory and another influenced by Poland

Every word you speak in relation to breaking up Germany gets more and more atrocious for my eyes. How could anyone support this.

Germany invaded France. Germany needed to be stopped
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:20 am

Engleberg wrote:

RIP

You’re not exactly wrong there.

Enrico Dandolo is to blame for WWI, clearly. The Fourth Crusade was an inside job.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:20 am

Engleberg wrote:Are you seriously implying Germany deserved to be broken up, and Prussia dissolved after WWI?

This was the USSR's doing, which wanted a buffer zone to not get invaded again. If any nation attacked from the west; the Soviets would be better prepared than was the case in 1941. Prussia and eastern German territories were dissolved as a result of the Soviet Union moving all of Poland westward to the Oder river and the Germans who lived there fleeing westward ahead of time or being expelled to what remained of Germany.

It paid off in the end though, because Germany was able to annex the former GDR that was Soviet created. Korean reunification never happened.
Last edited by Saiwania on Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:21 am

Engleberg wrote:
Nakena wrote:
What if Austria would have won in 1866?

Please no

Austria had a more rightful claim to form Germany than Prussia.

Trumptonium1
Senator

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trumptonium1 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:21 am

Engleberg wrote:
NewLakotah wrote:Why? Germany didn't exist before 1871, and probably shouldn't have existed past 1919 in the manner that it did. Would have saved another 70 million lives possibly. Secondly Prussia barely existed after WWI as it is.

The German Empire has every right to exist as France or Britain.

Who has given Germany the right to exist?

Right to existence is given by neighbours.
Preferred pronouns: His Majesty/Your Highness

https://www.bolsonaro.com.br/
Resident Non-Pumpkin Character

Engleberg
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Engleberg » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:21 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Engleberg wrote:

Germany invaded France. Germany needed to be stopped

“Germany needed to be stopped”

Nice meme there. Germany was acting in its own self-defence, having to remove the French from the picture in order to survive.

NewLakotah
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:21 am

Engleberg wrote:
NewLakotah wrote:Why? Germany didn't exist before 1871, and probably shouldn't have existed past 1919 in the manner that it did. Would have saved another 70 million lives possibly. Secondly Prussia barely existed after WWI as it is.

What about the Ottoman Empire? One that had lasted for centuries, only to be carved up? What makes the German EMpire so dang special? It was a recent invention, one that resulted in 2 World Wars. I am not going into who has a right or not a right to exist, every nation in existance, both past and present, have had a right to exist, until they lose, and lose that right. The Ottomans lost, and ceased to exist. The Byzantine, Roman Empires... It has nothing to do with a "right" to exist, but you need to actually succeed at being an Empire, something that Germany failed at.
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Engleberg
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Engleberg » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:22 am

Trumptonium1 wrote:
Engleberg wrote:

Prussia defeated the largest powers of Europe, giving it the right to found an empire for the German peoples.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:22 am

Tasuirin wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:The French plan was far better. Break Germany into four separate states. Two of which would be under French influence and control. The was to be one independent German Territory and another influenced by Poland

I honestly think there's every chance that would backfire and cause an even bloodier version of World War II.

Not likely. The French plan was that France would occupy the entire Rhineland and all of Southern Germany. Independent Germany would have been reliant on other nations to stay afloat.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Unionist Mercia
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Unionist Mercia » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:23 am

They shall grow not old,
As we that are left grow old,
Age shall not weary them,
Nor the years contemn. 
At the going down of the sun,
And in the morning,
We will remember them.

Let us hope that nothing akin to the two Great Wars shall ever be allowed to happen again.

Please do not seek to elevate or distinguish any nation or alliance's losses above any others, as that is a very dangerous road of exceptionalism that ultimately led to the second great conflict. Let us remember each and every young man drafted off to fight, every villager killed for living where they did, every child left fatherless, every mother weeping for her son, regardless of whether they were Serb, German, British, French, Russian, Portuguese, Belgian, American, Canadian, etc., etc.

Peace and goodwill to all,
Lest we forget.
We are, after all, human, with thoughts, love and fears all the same.

Trumptonium1
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trumptonium1 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:23 am

Engleberg wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Germany invaded France. Germany needed to be stopped

Nice meme there. Germany was acting in its own self-defence, having to remove the French from the picture in order to survive.

"Germany had to remove the French in order to survive"
"Germany has as much right to exist as France"

Huh

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:23 am

Engleberg wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Germany invaded France. Germany needed to be stopped

No. They could just have fought defensively on the west. Schlieffen plan was an mistake to begin with.

Trumptonium1
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trumptonium1 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:23 am

Engleberg wrote:
Trumptonium1 wrote:

Prussia defeated the largest powers of Europe, giving it the right to found an empire for the German peoples.

And then Prussia got defeated

Might makes right

Lindenholt
Minister

Founded: Oct 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenholt » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:23 am

Tasuirin wrote:
Lindenholt wrote:If those pesky Proto-Indo-Europeans never came to Europe then both world wars would have been prevented.

If those annoying Homo Sapiens never left Africa, then most wars would have been prevented.

If the asteroid that killed off the dinosaurs missed Earth, then all wars would have been prevented.
For information: http://iiwiki.us/wiki/Lindenholt
Come to Sunalaya, you'll enjoy it! Sunalaya
This user supports a single state solution for Ventismar.

New Paris 2014, never forget
This user supports a seven state solution for Bograel-Joguestine.

NewLakotah
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:23 am

Engleberg wrote:
Trumptonium1 wrote:

And then they lost that right when they lost the war.

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:24 am

Trumptonium1 wrote:
Engleberg wrote:

No country has the 'right' to exist. Any country can exist if its people or leaders will it to be so. Once we talk about what countries have the right to exist and what don't, then we start disregarding the will of the people. Germans wanted a united Germany, and they got it. Thanks to slightly weaker treaties than some would have inevitably liked, it still exists today.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:24 am

Nakena wrote:
Engleberg wrote:

No. They could just have fought defensively on the west. Schlieffen plan was an mistake to begin with.

Gonna have to agree with this. Offensive action wasn't necessary on the Western Front. In fact, it just made things worse when Germany invaded the Low Countries and Brought Britain into the conflict.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:25 am

Lindenholt wrote:
Tasuirin wrote:If those annoying Homo Sapiens never left Africa, then most wars would have been prevented.

If the asteroid that killed off the dinosaurs missed Earth, then all wars would have been prevented.

If early amphibious fish never left the waters, then massive territorial land creatures would have been prevented.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:26 am

Tasuirin wrote:
Trumptonium1 wrote:

No country has the 'right' to exist. Any country can exist if its people or leaders will it to be so. Once we talk about what countries have the right to exist and what don't, then we start disregarding the will of the people. Germans wanted a united Germany, and they got it. Thanks to slightly weaker treaties than some would have inevitably liked, it still exists today.

I'd argue some countries don't deserve to exist.

Like North Korea.
Last edited by Trollzyn the Infinite on Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

Engleberg
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Engleberg » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:27 am

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:
Tasuirin wrote:No country has the 'right' to exist. Any country can exist if its people or leaders will it to be so. Once we talk about what countries have the right to exist and what don't, then we start disregarding the will of the people. Germans wanted a united Germany, and they got it. Thanks to slightly weaker treaties than some would have inevitably liked, it still exists today.

I'd argue some countries don't deserve to exist.

Like North Korea.

PRC, North Korea, etc.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General