NATION

PASSWORD

Florida Yoga Studio Shooter Identified As InCel

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:58 pm

Harelia wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
Actually, plenty of people are. The "I've always known since I was a child" bit is nowhere near universal. It only gets repeated so much because gatekeeping therapists expect to hear it to recommend hormones and the like, and because it makes for a better story in the media.

Actually, the more accurate comparison would be "being gay and not realizing it".

And did you always know you were pan? I somehow doubt it.

That argument is bad, and you should feel bad.

I wasn't being serious, you know. I do think a significant portion of incels are eggs, but I don't think a majority are. And the argument wasn't even to force them to be trans, it was to convince them to accept themselves as trans. There's a difference (and the one part of that statement I was being genuine about).

Every time I hear "Convince them to accept" I think of Sucker Punch and just see straight people being lobotomized into being trans.

Then you shouldn't be, because what people mean when we say that is literally just this:

How about we just stop forcing trans cis on people and actually let them find out on their own?

The number of people who have 'trans forced on them' is so small as to be statistically insignificant. There's probably more people with those rare genetic diseases that only one in a billion people get. Almost every trans person has being cis forced on them, however. That shit starts even before we're born.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Harelia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Harelia » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:58 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Kernen wrote:Do we have any evidence that InCels are mostly closeted trans people?

Well more than a few happened to be. A lot are deeply closeted gay men

You'd be in the closet too if you weren't an utter Bara or a complete trap.

We live in a society, man.
I've apparently fixed Harelia's economy. I guess I'm good at that now, or something. Probably not. I should sell cats...

I'm aware I have no Factbooks. That's because I'm terrible at making them. Want some facts? Here's some facts.
Fun Fact: Harelia is better than you and also we have pizza. Also our leader is a rabbit man with soft fur who likes to snuggle and eat pancakes.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:59 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:Anyway, can I bring it to people's attention that the person making the videos and the gunman have not been confirmed to be the same person?

So i set the two photos on different screens and compared them. Booking photo and photo from Buzzfeed from one of his videos.

Pretty sure it's the same guy. Hair is combed differently, but pretty sure it's the same guy.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:59 pm

Grenartia wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Actually it is. You basically said he isn't a fault; society made him do it.

You haven't explained yourself that well. Tossing out debate terms as a dismissal isn't doing the job.

This is Costa's MO in a nutshell. Say incels are never at fault for anything, and when you get called out for it, claim the people calling you out are misrepresenting your argument, but never elaborate on how, or more adequately explain your argument.

It’s not just Costa’s but all Incels MO
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:01 pm

Harelia wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Well more than a few happened to be. A lot are deeply closeted gay men

Huh?

Anyway I’m an openly gay man who has no problem with myself so I don’t know what you are trying to say
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Harelia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Harelia » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:01 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Harelia wrote:
Every time I hear "Convince them to accept" I think of Sucker Punch and just see straight people being lobotomized into being trans.

Then you shouldn't be, because what people mean when we say that is literally just this:

How about we just stop forcing trans cis on people and actually let them find out on their own?

The number of people who have 'trans forced on them' is so small as to be statistically insignificant. There's probably more people with those rare genetic diseases that only one in a billion people get. Almost every trans person has being cis forced on them, however. That shit starts even before we're born.

I mean considering it's pretty much the diamond standard I don't see the issue. Sexuality is like Subclassing. Just because most people play cis don't mean we gotta shit on them because we're building a non-cis tanky support with third tier gay magic.
I've apparently fixed Harelia's economy. I guess I'm good at that now, or something. Probably not. I should sell cats...

I'm aware I have no Factbooks. That's because I'm terrible at making them. Want some facts? Here's some facts.
Fun Fact: Harelia is better than you and also we have pizza. Also our leader is a rabbit man with soft fur who likes to snuggle and eat pancakes.

Harelia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Harelia » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:01 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Harelia wrote:

Huh?

Anyway I’m an openly gay man who has no problem with myself so I don’t know what you are trying to say

Well then welcome to the party. Drinks are over there and hugs are free.

Imperial Hugonia
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Hugonia » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:01 pm

Galloism wrote:But if we want to stop the next one, we need to understand the motivations behind them, and start to undercut those motivations. That may be easier said than done mind you, but it's a noble goal.

But that would mean questioning male gender expectations. Which is entitlement apparently.

Harelia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Harelia » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:03 pm

Imperial Hugonia wrote:
Galloism wrote:But if we want to stop the next one, we need to understand the motivations behind them, and start to undercut those motivations. That may be easier said than done mind you, but it's a noble goal.

But that would mean questioning male gender expectations. Which is entitlement apparently.

No. It just means getting rid of 'toxic masculinity' or whatever the hell the new feminist buzzword is for 'men are being men and need to be more woman because reasons.'

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:07 pm

Harelia wrote:
Imperial Hugonia wrote:But that would mean questioning male gender expectations. Which is entitlement apparently.

No. It just means getting rid of 'toxic masculinity' or whatever the hell the new feminist buzzword is for 'men are being men and need to be more woman because reasons.'

I propose a new term. Can we use Toxic humanity? Because both guys and girls can be pretty toxic at times
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:07 pm

Harelia wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

I mean considering it's pretty much the diamond standard I don't see the issue. Sexuality is like Subclassing. Just because most people play cis don't mean we gotta shit on them because we're building a non-cis tanky support with third tier gay magic.

I mean, its not really sexuality, its gender. And its not shitting on cis people. Its just making sure society doesn't pressure people into faking being cis if they're not cis.

Harelia wrote:
Imperial Hugonia wrote:But that would mean questioning male gender expectations. Which is entitlement apparently.

That's not what Toxic Masculinity means. You can be masculine without being toxic. Terry Crews, Austin Powers, Hbomberguy, etc.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Harelia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Harelia » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:08 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Harelia wrote:

I propose a new term. Can we use Toxic humanity? Because both guys and girls can be pretty toxic at times

No. Because then you're implying that something is only 'poisonous' and that's just descriminating against venomous, caustic, and radioactive things.

Pope Joan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pope Joan » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:10 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Harelia wrote:

That rings true.

So what eliminates toxicity other than universal neutering?
"Life is difficult".

-M. Scott Peck

Harelia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Harelia » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:12 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Harelia wrote:

I mean, its not really sexuality, its gender. And its not shitting on cis people. Its just making sure society doesn't pressure people into faking being cis if they're not cis.

Harelia wrote:

That's not what Toxic Masculinity means. You can be masculine without being toxic. Terry Crews, Austin Powers, Hbomberguy, etc.

Toxic masculinity means being any sort of a guy is bad for you. Trufax. Sissification is beoming a widespread issue.

Harelia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Harelia » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:12 pm

Pope Joan wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:I propose a new term. Can we use Toxic humanity? Because both guys and girls can be pretty toxic at times

That rings true.

System of a Down.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:13 pm

The guy shot a bunch of innocent people. There are probably things that happened to him that led in part to what he did, and I will be the first to admit the line between criminal and victim is blurry at best but...

Yeah he chose to gun down innocent people. No way is he a victim. That would be a very silly thing to claim.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:14 pm

Pope Joan wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:I propose a new term. Can we use Toxic humanity? Because both guys and girls can be pretty toxic at times

That rings true.

Posadism?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Harelia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Harelia » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:18 pm

Caracasus wrote:The guy shot a bunch of innocent people. There are probably things that happened to him that led in part to what he did, and I will be the first to admit the line between criminal and victim is blurry at best but...

Yeah he chose to gun down innocent people. No way is he a victim. That would be a very silly thing to claim.

When it comes to certain things, people can be both victim and criminal. Cause and effect generally makes that rule of law.

But the victim part is certainly far outclassed by the fact that he tried to massacre people. I mean it's basically a more tame version of the Trolley Problem, where he could have either gone down a single track of hurting no one. Or something happened to make him completely switch tracks.

And something lead him to switch tracks, but he still caused damage. We can sympathize all we want for him but he doesn't get off the hook.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:19 pm

Caracasus wrote:The guy shot a bunch of innocent people. There are probably things that happened to him that led in part to what he did, and I will be the first to admit the line between criminal and victim is blurry at best but...

I've been led to believe one can be both a victim and a perpetrator at the same time.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Harelia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Harelia » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:20 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Pope Joan wrote:
That rings true.

Posadism?

Being a Trotskyist puppet tends to swiftly eliminate any problem.

Toxicity
Racism
Having food
Living

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:20 pm

Harelia wrote:

When it comes to certain things, people can be both victim and criminal. Cause and effect generally makes that rule of law.

But the victim part is certainly far outclassed by the fact that he tried to massacre people. I mean it's basically a more tame version of the Trolley Problem, where he could have either gone down a single track of hurting no one. Or something happened to make him completely switch tracks.

And something lead him to switch tracks, but he still caused damage. We can sympathize all we want for him but he doesn't get off the hook.

I have no sympathy for him at all, to be honest. We all make choices in life, and yeah, a lot of things influence those, but they're still our choices to make.

I am concerned with preventing the next one, however.

Harelia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Harelia » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:22 pm

Galloism wrote:

I've been led to believe one can be both a victim and a perpetrator at the same time.

According to US Law, if you commit suicide you're both a murderer and a victim of murder, so...

Kernen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:22 pm

Harelia wrote:

According to US Law, if you commit suicide you're both a murderer and a victim of murder, so...

US suicide law is backwards and morally bankrupt, so that isn't your best example.
From the throne of Khan Juk i'Behemoti, Juk Who-Is-The-Strength-of-the-Behemoth, Supreme Khan of the Ogres of Kernen. May the Khan ever drink the blood of his enemies!

Lawful Evil

Get abortions, do drugs, own guns, but never misstate legal procedure.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:24 pm

Kernen wrote:
Harelia wrote:

US suicide law is backwards and morally bankrupt, so that isn't your best example.

There's been no one charged for attempted suicide in basically forever, IIRC.

Harelia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Harelia » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:24 pm

Kernen wrote:
Harelia wrote:

It's the best example if you're trying to prove that someone can be classified as both a criminal and a victim.

The rest is correct, though.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General