NATION

PASSWORD

A Hypothetical Involving Three

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What do you choose?

Date the Mafia Queen, marry Annie, kill Felicie
10%
Date the Mafia Queen, marry Felicie, kill Annie
19%
Date Annie, marry the Mafia Queen, kill Felicie
8%
Date Annie, marry Felicie, kill the Mafia Queen
2%
Date Felicie, marry the Mafia Queen, kill Annie
40%
Date Felicie, marry Annie, kill the Mafia Queen
21%

Total votes : 48

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:19 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Page wrote:I find it somewhat bewildering that despite the fact that in IM's canon, Annie started World War 3 and killed millions of people, more people responding to this thread are bringing up the fact that she does some drugs as the disqualifying factor.

I’m shocked too. I mean I thought this forum was pro drugs.

Earlier someone said something about being pro drugs in general but anti drug/Prohibitionist where loved ones are concerned...

I don’t understand

Well, I'm pro-drugs. But I'm also one of the only libertarian leftists on NSG, so I'm kind of a special snowflake.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:24 am

Page wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
I’m shocked too. I mean I thought this forum was pro drugs.

Earlier someone said something about being pro drugs in general but anti drug/Prohibitionist where loved ones are concerned...

I don’t understand

Well, I'm pro-drugs. But I'm also one of the only libertarian leftists on NSG, so I'm kind of a special snowflake.

So you are okay with Annie’s drug use (“medium level”) ?

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:26 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Page wrote:

Depends on what your definition of "medium level" is, depends on what drugs she is using, and how responsibly she uses them. If she were shooting heroin or dosing unknown research chemicals from China, I'd be hesitant.

But if you mean smoking weed a few times a week, maybe MDMA a few times a year, and a few acid trips here and there, that's totally cool with me.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:33 am

Page wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

Depends on what your definition of "medium level" is, depends on what drugs she is using, and how responsibly she uses them. If she were shooting heroin or dosing unknown research chemicals from China, I'd be hesitant.

But if you mean smoking weed a few times a week, maybe MDMA a few times a year, and a few acid trips here and there, that's totally cool with me.

I have literally no idea.

I’ve been raised in a very Prohibitionist environment with respect to drugs. I don’t even know what they look like except for a few movie portrayals.

Hence I wrote “medium level substance abuse” with not much clue what that might mean. I guess assume it’s a ghetto neighborhood and you are a medium user? If there’s 5 levels (5 being 24/7 until dead on the craziest stuff) she’s maybe 2.5 to 3.

What would you say that looks like?

Is something like LSD/heroin way out there or is it pretty readily introduced to people like her?

Personally no clue
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:20 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Forsher wrote:
Let me guess what just happened here.

You read this post not long after I posted it and thought you might reply to it but held off so you could use it as a means of low key bumping the thread?

This is truly terrifying. It’s almost as if you can read my mind.

Are you are you don’t have cyberspace Charles Xavier capabilities?

Nothing so mundane.

It is simply that this is literally how I manage threads when I am OP.

Page wrote:I find it somewhat bewildering that despite the fact that in IM's canon, Annie started World War 3 and killed millions of people, more people responding to this thread are bringing up the fact that she does some drugs as the disqualifying factor.

As the Scottish Fitz played by Robbie Coltrane would emphasise every other word, "Sex and death". I think at one point he even called it the greatest aphrodisiac. If I'm right about that it would probably be in To Say I Love You. Sadly, Youtube doesn't appear to have any clips.

Also, drug use is something people can wrap their heads around. You know that "Stalin" quote, "One death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic"? The lesson of that is people can't really comprehend the scale.

And a final thought, this conversation. Alexander the Great, for example, straight up murdered a guy, did you know that? It's different when you're a state actor.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:30 am

Forsher wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
This is truly terrifying. It’s almost as if you can read my mind.

Are you are you don’t have cyberspace Charles Xavier capabilities?

Nothing so mundane.

As the Scottish Fitz played by Robbie Coltrane would emphasise every other word, "Sex and death". I think at one point he even called it the greatest aphrodisiac. If I'm right about that it would probably be in To Say I Love You. Sadly, Youtube doesn't appear to have any clips.

Also, drug use is something people can wrap their heads around. You know that "Stalin" quote, "One death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic"? The lesson of that is people can't really comprehend the scale.

And a final thought, this conversation. Alexander the Great, for example, straight up murdered a guy, did you know that? It's different when you're a state actor.

So are you saying that killing people makes her more, not less desirable in the minds of many?

Because of the aforementioned aphrodisiac effect?

Or am I misunderstanding?
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:45 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Forsher wrote:
Nothing so mundane.

So are you saying that killing people makes her more, not less desirable in the minds of many?

I'm not saying that. I am saying that a fictional psychologist on a television show written by Jimmy McGovern would say that. (I find the Stalin thing more convincing; indeed, never being particularly convinced by Fitz's take but it's understandable.) I am pointing out that this is an explanation some people might make.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:13 pm

Forsher wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

I'm not saying that. I am saying that a fictional psychologist on a television show written by Jimmy McGovern would say that. (I find the Stalin thing more convincing; indeed, never being particularly convinced by Fitz's take but it's understandable.) I am pointing out that this is an explanation some people might make.

So then in the minds of many there is not so much differentiation between the level of immorality (perceived) between Annie and the Mafia Queen?

Once a threshold number of kills is past?

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General