NATION

PASSWORD

Brazil Second Presidential N Paliament Elections 2018 Genral

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Brazil second round Presidential Elections Vote and Post

1 - We support Far Right Wing former army Captain Jair Bolsonaro and retired General Antonio Hamilton Mourão of the Far Right Wing Conservative Social Liberal Party of Brazil for President and Vice President of Brazil.
104
49%
2 - We support Fernando Haddad of the Far Leftist Workers Party of Brazil and Manuela D'avila of the Communist Party of Brazil, together we can win, for President and Vice President of Brazil.
73
34%
3 - We support neither candidates and we vote Blank Ballots, either candidates will be bad for Brazil and the Brazilian people.
37
17%
 
Total votes : 214

User avatar
Virgolia
Secretary
 
Posts: 28
Founded: Apr 19, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Virgolia » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:59 pm

Great Minarchistan wrote:I'm laughing at the glance of half of the posters here that have clearly not read the textbook definition of fascism before hurling shit at bolsonaro

I agree,if Bolsonaro supports Videla or Pinochet he isn't a fascist,he is an Authoritarian Conservative,which is also bad in my opinion,but it's not fascist.

User avatar
Liriena
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 59847
Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Liriena » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:00 pm

Rio Cana wrote:Some of you have mentioned the new Brazilian Pres. being like the Philippines Pres. Then some have mentioned that the new Brazilian pres. could care less about the Amazon or the environment. It seems that is where the Brazilian pres. and the Philippines Pres. have differences. A few months ago the Philippines Pres. closed down a major tourist island that was being overwhelmed by uncontrolled tourism that was creating major environmental problems. The island has re-opened after major changes.

Read - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/1 ... trict-new/

Bolsonaro: dumber and meaner than Duterte
be gay do crime


I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism


⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

User avatar
Shrillland
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13019
Founded: Apr 12, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Shrillland » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:01 pm

Virgolia wrote:
Great Minarchistan wrote:I'm laughing at the glance of half of the posters here that have clearly not read the textbook definition of fascism before hurling shit at bolsonaro

I agree,if Bolsonaro supports Videla or Pinochet he isn't a fascist,he is an Authoritarian Conservative,which is also bad in my opinion,but it's not fascist.


This is why I just call them Condors after that famous plot, they aren't text book fascists, but they're still tyrannical.
Stand with Content Creators Like Me! Stand With The Union!
Plebiscite Plaza 2020
In 1963, Doctor Who taught us all we need to know about politics when a cave woman said, "Old men see no further than tomorrow's meat".

User avatar
NeuPolska
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9184
Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:01 pm

Torrocca wrote:I guess, going off this insane logic here, you think the very government you swore an oath to is Communist, yeah?

I work more or less for said government.

As someone who has the government directly involved in much of their life, including housing, medical care, etc, I can tell you that I would much rather turn to private business for any of those rather than deal with what I’m currently provided. I would rather pay out of pocket for a decent place to live as well as for dentists or doctors that are willing to give me proper attention instead of destroying half my jaw to check my teeth and thus require me to get screws in said jaw.

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Go home Polska wins NS.
United Mongol Hordes wrote:Polska isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hurd you miss the point more than Polska misses Poland.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

User avatar
Northern Davincia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16142
Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Northern Davincia » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:01 pm

Torrocca wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:>Chile is almost as economically free as the United States
None of those reforms seriously messed with Pinochet's market liberalization.


Economic freedom's a lie. :^)

Now all you need is "War is Peace" and "Ignorance is Strength" and you have a full set.
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

User avatar
Great Minarchistan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5953
Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:01 pm

Torrocca wrote:I'm absolutely not surprised you'd be laughing here after displaying how opportunistic you are at the idea of having an unabashed cunt who's in favor of military dictatorships as your leader since he's economically liberal.

You have clearly never experienced the reality of a socially stagnated country who's seen no effective growth for four decades now :)

That's not to say of course about your idealistic ignorance that seems to write off candidates on the basis of them being cunts or not.
Awarded for Best Capitalist in 2018 NSG Awards ;')
##############################
Fmr. libertarian, irredeemable bank shill and somewhere inbetween classical liberalism and neoliberalism // Political Compass: +8.75 Economic, -2.25 Social (May 2019)

User avatar
Liriena
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 59847
Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Liriena » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:04 pm

Great Minarchistan wrote:I'm laughing at the glance of half of the posters here that have clearly not read the textbook definition of fascism before hurling shit at bolsonaro

I'm really sorry that Bolsonaro being called a fascist offends Bolsonaro voters. We'll be sure to call him nicer, more accurate things... like "extremely special boi who never grew out of his toy soldier phase", "poster child for arming the poor" and "living proof that 70s Marxist revolutionaries shouldn't have ever stopped" :^)
be gay do crime


I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism


⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26912
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Torrocca » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:04 pm

NeuPolska wrote:
Torrocca wrote:I guess, going off this insane logic here, you think the very government you swore an oath to is Communist, yeah?

I work more or less for said government.

As someone who has the government directly involved in much of their life, including housing, medical care, etc, I can tell you that I would much rather turn to private business for any of those rather than deal with what I’m currently provided. I would rather pay out of pocket for a decent place to live as well as for dentists or doctors that are willing to give me proper attention instead of destroying half my jaw to check my teeth and thus require me to get screws in said jaw.


So what you're saying is that you believe the US government to be Communist.

Great Minarchistan wrote:
Torrocca wrote:I'm absolutely not surprised you'd be laughing here after displaying how opportunistic you are at the idea of having an unabashed cunt who's in favor of military dictatorships as your leader since he's economically liberal.

You have clearly never experienced the reality of a socially stagnated country who's seen no effective growth for four decades now :)

That's not to say of course about your idealistic ignorance that seems to write off candidates on the basis of them being cunts or not.


Considering Bolsonaro's idea of my existence is to force me into subservience and then death, I'd say that it's not at all ignorant of me to write him off like the authoritarian cunt that he is.

However, it's clear that you're blatantly opportunistic here because, despite all of that absolute shittiness, the simple fact that he slapped a trademark next to his name tickled your fancy enough to ignore the man's hard-on for homophobia, sexism, and military dictatorships.
Communist now and forever.
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Fascism is not debated, it is destroyed." - [b]Buenaventura Durruti

"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3
Suggestions welcome!

Capital - Karl Marx and Frederich Engels
Wage Labor and Capital - Karl Marx
The Conquest of Bread - Peter Kropotkin
Mutual Aid - Peter Kropotkin
Statism and Anarchy - Mikhail Bakunin

User avatar
Great Minarchistan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5953
Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:06 pm

Liriena wrote:I'm really sorry that Bolsonaro being called a fascist offends Bolsonaro voters.

I'm really sorry that my comment has annoyed snarky people who haven't even read Mussolini's [the father of fascism] definition of fascism before calling someone a fascist :^)

Liriena wrote:We'll be sure to call him nicer, more accurate things... like "extremely special boi who never grew out of his toy soldier phase", "poster child for arming the poor" and "living proof that 70s Marxist revolutionaries shouldn't have ever stopped" :^)

All of these comments don't insert into the definition of "everything inside the State, nothing outside the State, nothing against the State", it's merely proof of him being a cheeky cunt :)
Awarded for Best Capitalist in 2018 NSG Awards ;')
##############################
Fmr. libertarian, irredeemable bank shill and somewhere inbetween classical liberalism and neoliberalism // Political Compass: +8.75 Economic, -2.25 Social (May 2019)

User avatar
Liriena
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 59847
Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Liriena » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:06 pm

Shrillland wrote:
Virgolia wrote:I agree,if Bolsonaro supports Videla or Pinochet he isn't a fascist,he is an Authoritarian Conservative,which is also bad in my opinion,but it's not fascist.


This is why I just call them Condors after that famous plot, they aren't text book fascists, but they're still tyrannical.

Condors are beautiful, majestic creatures, though.
be gay do crime


I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism


⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

User avatar
Pasong Tirad
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9979
Founded: May 31, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pasong Tirad » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:06 pm

Rio Cana wrote:Some of you have mentioned the new Brazilian Pres. being like the Philippines Pres. Then some have mentioned that the new Brazilian pres. could care less about the Amazon or the environment. It seems that is where the Brazilian pres. and the Philippines Pres. have differences. A few months ago the Philippines Pres. closed down a major tourist island that was being overwhelmed by uncontrolled tourism that was creating major environmental problems. The island has re-opened after major changes.

Read - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/1 ... trict-new/

Except closing down the island due to "environmental degradation" was a cover (not saying they didn't rehabilitate the island) to help China and his cronies build some property on the island and take away land from the indigenous and other regular people who live there. Duterte doesn't give two shits about the environment. His environmental minister is literally a general with no experience in handling environmental issues, which is a big downgrade from the left of center environmental minister who's first act in office was to shut down several mines for shitting on environmental regulations.

Face it, Duterte is Bolsonaro Lite, Bolsonaro is Duterte 2.
Last edited by Pasong Tirad on Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
NeuPolska
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9184
Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:09 pm

Torrocca wrote:
NeuPolska wrote:I work more or less for said government.

As someone who has the government directly involved in much of their life, including housing, medical care, etc, I can tell you that I would much rather turn to private business for any of those rather than deal with what I’m currently provided. I would rather pay out of pocket for a decent place to live as well as for dentists or doctors that are willing to give me proper attention instead of destroying half my jaw to check my teeth and thus require me to get screws in said jaw.


So what you're saying is that you believe the US government to be Communist.

How dense can you be, get your head out your ideologically corrupted ass.

No, I'm making a point that communism is fucked because anything that any government does is going to inefficient and worse off for its people, therefore, the best system is one that limits government interference in peoples' lives whilst simultaneously ensuring that the people continue to have the rights and freedom granted to them. The United States' government isn't the best government but no government is. It's better than most, however, and ideologically, the United States has the right idea of what a government should be.

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Go home Polska wins NS.
United Mongol Hordes wrote:Polska isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hurd you miss the point more than Polska misses Poland.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

User avatar
Great Minarchistan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5953
Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:10 pm

Torrocca wrote:Considering Bolsonaro's idea of my existence is to force me into subservience and then death, I'd say that it's not at all ignorant of me to write him off like the authoritarian cunt that he is.

Considering that his personal opinions over "x" don't materialize anything at all, you're just ignorant about how our political system works.

Torrocca wrote:However, it's clear that you're blatantly opportunistic here because, despite all of that absolute shittiness, the simple fact that he slapped a trademark next to his name tickled your fancy enough to ignore the man's hard-on for homophobia, sexism, and military dictatorships.

Haddad called for the scrapping of our current Constitution (legal equivalent of declaring a dictatorship) and declared war to the financial system, not to say about his economic proposals and his economic team which would enact policies similar/more intense than the ones done by Rousseff -- bringing our country further into the dire straits of stagnation and bankruptcy. But whatever, "muh asshole comments" prevail over these right? :roll:
Awarded for Best Capitalist in 2018 NSG Awards ;')
##############################
Fmr. libertarian, irredeemable bank shill and somewhere inbetween classical liberalism and neoliberalism // Political Compass: +8.75 Economic, -2.25 Social (May 2019)

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26912
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Torrocca » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:10 pm

NeuPolska wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
So what you're saying is that you believe the US government to be Communist.

How dense can you be, get your head out your ideologically corrupted ass.

No, I'm making a point that communism is fucked because anything that any government does is going to inefficient and worse off for its people, therefore, the best system is one that limits government interference in peoples' lives whilst simultaneously ensuring that the people continue to have the rights and freedom granted to them. The United States' government isn't the best government but no government is. It's better than most, however, and ideologically, the United States has the right idea of what a government should be.


If that reduced government doesn't coincide with reduced Capitalism, then all that means is that one tyranny resting over the people is being replaced with another.
Communist now and forever.
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Fascism is not debated, it is destroyed." - [b]Buenaventura Durruti

"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3
Suggestions welcome!

Capital - Karl Marx and Frederich Engels
Wage Labor and Capital - Karl Marx
The Conquest of Bread - Peter Kropotkin
Mutual Aid - Peter Kropotkin
Statism and Anarchy - Mikhail Bakunin

User avatar
Great Minarchistan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5953
Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:11 pm

Torrocca wrote:
NeuPolska wrote:I work more or less for said government.

As someone who has the government directly involved in much of their life, including housing, medical care, etc, I can tell you that I would much rather turn to private business for any of those rather than deal with what I’m currently provided. I would rather pay out of pocket for a decent place to live as well as for dentists or doctors that are willing to give me proper attention instead of destroying half my jaw to check my teeth and thus require me to get screws in said jaw.


So what you're saying is that you believe the US government to be Communist.

*stacking rocks intensely so torrocca can comprehend the argument*
Awarded for Best Capitalist in 2018 NSG Awards ;')
##############################
Fmr. libertarian, irredeemable bank shill and somewhere inbetween classical liberalism and neoliberalism // Political Compass: +8.75 Economic, -2.25 Social (May 2019)

User avatar
NeuPolska
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9184
Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:13 pm

Torrocca wrote:
NeuPolska wrote:How dense can you be, get your head out your ideologically corrupted ass.

No, I'm making a point that communism is fucked because anything that any government does is going to inefficient and worse off for its people, therefore, the best system is one that limits government interference in peoples' lives whilst simultaneously ensuring that the people continue to have the rights and freedom granted to them. The United States' government isn't the best government but no government is. It's better than most, however, and ideologically, the United States has the right idea of what a government should be.


If that reduced government doesn't coincide with reduced Capitalism, then all that means is that one tyranny resting over the people is being replaced with another.

Capitalism is the best possible concept we have

What tyranny is there in being able to choose if you want organic whole milk or processed reduced fat milk when you go to the store? Especially when the alternative is waiting in a line to get any milk you could possibly get your hands on? Our education system needs a revamp if capitalism is even remotely seen as tyranny. Maybe more private schools instead of public?

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Go home Polska wins NS.
United Mongol Hordes wrote:Polska isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hurd you miss the point more than Polska misses Poland.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26912
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Torrocca » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:14 pm

Great Minarchistan wrote:
Torrocca wrote:Considering Bolsonaro's idea of my existence is to force me into subservience and then death, I'd say that it's not at all ignorant of me to write him off like the authoritarian cunt that he is.

Considering that his personal opinions over "x" don't materialize anything at all, you're just ignorant about how our political system works.


I'm sure you'll still be parroting this while he gets to work dismantling Brazilian democracy.

Torrocca wrote:However, it's clear that you're blatantly opportunistic here because, despite all of that absolute shittiness, the simple fact that he slapped a trademark next to his name tickled your fancy enough to ignore the man's hard-on for homophobia, sexism, and military dictatorships.

Haddad called for the scrapping of our current Constitution (legal equivalent of declaring a dictatorship) and declared war to the financial system, not to say about his economic proposals and his economic team which would enact policies similar/more intense than the ones done by Rousseff -- bringing our country further into the dire straits of stagnation and bankruptcy. But whatever, "muh asshole comments" prevail over these right? :roll:


Shockingly, for you, the better option in this case - if you even remotely had a damn worth of a principle beyond, "all for me, none for thee," since you apparently think sucking the dicks of financiers is beneficial for you - would've been to abstain in this sham of an election rather than vote in favor of someone who's pretty blatantly the exact opposite of liberty. It's still funny how you tout that you're some kinda """Libertarian""" despite this blatantly obvious bullshit on your end, though.
Communist now and forever.
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Fascism is not debated, it is destroyed." - [b]Buenaventura Durruti

"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3
Suggestions welcome!

Capital - Karl Marx and Frederich Engels
Wage Labor and Capital - Karl Marx
The Conquest of Bread - Peter Kropotkin
Mutual Aid - Peter Kropotkin
Statism and Anarchy - Mikhail Bakunin

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26912
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Torrocca » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:15 pm

NeuPolska wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
If that reduced government doesn't coincide with reduced Capitalism, then all that means is that one tyranny resting over the people is being replaced with another.

Capitalism is the best possible concept we have

What tyranny is there in being able to choose if you want organic whole milk or processed reduced fat milk when you go to the store? Especially when the alternative is waiting in a line to get any milk you could possibly get your hands on? Our education system needs a revamp if capitalism is even remotely seen as tyranny. Maybe more private schools instead of public?


Do... Do you even understand the concept of power vacuums?

A weakened government just means a strengthened corporation, which means a corporation's ability to become a tyrannical power.
Communist now and forever.
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Fascism is not debated, it is destroyed." - [b]Buenaventura Durruti

"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3
Suggestions welcome!

Capital - Karl Marx and Frederich Engels
Wage Labor and Capital - Karl Marx
The Conquest of Bread - Peter Kropotkin
Mutual Aid - Peter Kropotkin
Statism and Anarchy - Mikhail Bakunin

User avatar
Great Minarchistan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5953
Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:20 pm

Torrocca wrote:I'm sure you'll still be parroting this while he gets to work dismantling Brazilian democracy.

When the population's support for democracy is at an all-time high? :doubt:

Torrocca wrote:Shockingly, for you, the better option in this case - if you even remotely had a damn worth of a principle beyond, "all for me, none for thee," since you apparently think sucking the dicks of financiers is beneficial for you

History teaches us that financial crises aren't neat for anyone :)

Torrocca wrote:would've been to abstain in this sham of an election rather than vote in favor of someone who's pretty blatantly the exact opposite of liberty.

Sorry but "abstaining" wasn't found in the pragmatist dictionary of the self-useful voter. Mind bringing a similar word? :^)

Torrocca wrote:It's still funny how you tout that you're some kinda """Libertarian""" despite this blatantly obvious bullshit on your end, though.

A Libertarian that compromises merely with idealism doesn't contribute to the maximization of liberty in the long run :)
Awarded for Best Capitalist in 2018 NSG Awards ;')
##############################
Fmr. libertarian, irredeemable bank shill and somewhere inbetween classical liberalism and neoliberalism // Political Compass: +8.75 Economic, -2.25 Social (May 2019)

User avatar
Rio Cana
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10251
Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:26 pm

In his victory speech Bol. said he wanted to get closer to the first class world nations. This means the US and EU. This means he cannot possible go through with what some say will be Brazil dictatorship part II. They would never let him join there club if he did that.
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Civilian Dance Force
Our Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense for South America Region.
Formerly appointed Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26912
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Torrocca » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:27 pm

Great Minarchistan wrote:
Torrocca wrote:It's still funny how you tout that you're some kinda """Libertarian""" despite this blatantly obvious bullshit on your end, though.

A Libertarian that compromises merely with idealism doesn't contribute to the maximization of liberty in the long run :)


And a """Libertarian""" that compromises with authoritarianism never contributes to liberty whatsoever. Glad you're just making it clear to everyone that you're an unprincipled opportunist who'd gamble the actual liberty of others for your own personal gain, though. I'm sure you're more than happy to have helped in throwing women, the LGBTQ+ community of Brazil, a myriad of other minorities, and the impoverished under the bus for the "opportunity" of rancid financial gain on your end, though. I'm sure the hardline authoritarians you helped get into office are more than happy that you and people like you inadvertently just fucked yourselves over by somehow rationalizing that people who genuinely support military dictatorships are the better option in the long run. It's especially telling that you're somehow trying to rationalize not only their rise to power but your own unprincipled actions as a fucking defense of liberty when any fucking cursory glance into history shows full well this is anything but that.

I'm certain you'll sleep well at night, though, knowing you. Anyone with an ounce of a look into the offsite locations you frequent knows full well you don't give a damn about liberty, anyway, you just give a damn about yourself. It's almost sickening, to be quite honest, that you combine such a blatant lack of principles with an utterly shitty facade of actually giving half a damn about any sort of liberty whatsoever. Parkus was right about you. You just give love to businessmen in hopes they'll notice you and bring you up to their elite status.
Communist now and forever.
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Fascism is not debated, it is destroyed." - [b]Buenaventura Durruti

"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3
Suggestions welcome!

Capital - Karl Marx and Frederich Engels
Wage Labor and Capital - Karl Marx
The Conquest of Bread - Peter Kropotkin
Mutual Aid - Peter Kropotkin
Statism and Anarchy - Mikhail Bakunin

User avatar
Napkiraly
Post Czar
 
Posts: 37450
Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:29 pm

Rio Cana wrote:In his victory speech Bol. said he wanted to get closer to the first class world nations. This means the US and EU. This means he cannot possible go through with what some say will be Brazil dictatorship part II. They would never let him join there club if he did that.

Yes, as we all know no Western countries are close to dictatorships.

User avatar
Great Minarchistan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5953
Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:34 pm

Torrocca wrote:And a """Libertarian""" that compromises with authoritarianism never contributes to liberty whatsoever. Glad you're just making it clear to everyone that you're an unprincipled opportunist who'd gamble the actual liberty of others for your own personal gain, though.

I shilled for Amoedo in the first round and Novo has spread quite a lot across the country (incl. getting a governor in my state by a wide margin), but apparently I didn't stack enough rocks for you to understand my point so you just call me out as an opportunist :roll:

Torrocca wrote:Glad you're just making it clear to everyone that you're an unprincipled opportunist who'd gamble the actual liberty of others for your own personal gain, though. I'm sure you're more than happy to have helped in throwing women, the LGBTQ+ community of Brazil, a myriad of other minorities, and the impoverished under the bus for the "opportunity" of rancid financial gain on your end, though.

Glad to see around half of the people that participate on the mentioned groups voted for someone who is apparently going to dump them under the bus :)

Torrocca wrote:I'm certain you'll sleep well at night, though, knowing you. Anyone with an ounce of a look into the offsite locations you frequent knows full well you don't give a damn about liberty, anyway, you just give a damn about yourself. It's almost sickening, to be quite honest, that you combine such a blatant lack of principles with an utterly shitty facade of actually giving half a damn about any sort of liberty whatsoever. Parkus was right about you. You just give love to businessmen in hopes they'll notice you and bring you up to their elite status.

I suggest you to calm down and drink a cup of tea before taking baseless accusations that are borderline flaming
Awarded for Best Capitalist in 2018 NSG Awards ;')
##############################
Fmr. libertarian, irredeemable bank shill and somewhere inbetween classical liberalism and neoliberalism // Political Compass: +8.75 Economic, -2.25 Social (May 2019)

User avatar
Liriena
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 59847
Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Liriena » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:34 pm

Rio Cana wrote:In his victory speech Bol. said he wanted to get closer to the first class world nations. This means the US and EU. This means he cannot possible go through with what some say will be Brazil dictatorship part II. They would never let him join there club if he did that.

Friendly reminder that the United States and Europe have been collaborating with South American right-wing dictatorships for at least a century. It moral outrage in the face of authoritarianism didn't stop Thatcher and Reagan from siding with tyrants, it won't stop Trump.
Last edited by Liriena on Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
be gay do crime


I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism


⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

User avatar
Kowani
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22294
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:34 pm

Rio Cana wrote:In his victory speech Bol. said he wanted to get closer to the first class world nations. This means the US and EU. This means he cannot possible go through with what some say will be Brazil dictatorship part II. They would never let him join there club if he did that.

Laughs in Russia and China.


Also, some parts of the EU are shit.
Spanish Atheist.
“The rocks were covered with blackbirds and there were the Geirfugles ... They walked slowly. Jón Brandsson crept up with his arms open. The bird that Jón got went into a corner but mine was going to the edge of the cliff. It walked like a man ... but moved its feet quickly. [I] caught it close to the edge – a precipice many fathoms deep. Its wings lay close to the sides – not hanging out. I took him by the neck and he flapped his wings. He made no cry. I strangled him.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Andsed, Aureumterra, Barfleur, Borderlands of Rojava, Cordel One, Crookfur, Eahland, Ethel mermania, Fartsniffage, Galloism, German Councils, Greed and Death, Jedi Council, Kohr, Neanderthaland, Novus America, Qebui, SD_Film Artists, The Huskar Social Union, The Rich Port, The Two Jerseys

Advertisement

Remove ads

cron