NATION

PASSWORD

TET:TET

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Frievolk
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:58 am

NeuPolska wrote:
Frievolk wrote:Today, I realized what "Fuck My Life" really means.
Three days ago, I woke up with a sour throat. By the time I'd returned home from my exam, I had a fever of 37.5 (Centigrad). I said I'd go to sleep hope it'll get better. As you can guess it didn't. When I woke up I had a runny nose and a headache too. Yesterday, it all got worse, and today I'm experiencing the worst headache, fit of coughs, sour throat, and fever in my life.
And I have 5 exams in the next week.
Seriously. Fuck my life.

Just see if you can reschedule them and don’t go

I'd certainly try, but I seriously doubt they'll accept tbh.
OOC
Libertarian Constitutionalist
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates
♔ The Frievolker Empire || Frievolker Kaiserreik
♔ The Realm in the Sun || De Reik in de Sonne
♔ Led by Kaiser Johann, Part of the Erstwelt
Never forget that the Muslims literally made up a new meaningless name for him when they forgot the name of Adam's Firstborn.

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:00 am

Frievolk wrote:
NeuPolska wrote:Just see if you can reschedule them and don’t go

I mean if you explain to them that you’re withering away from illness AND could present a threat to the health of themselves and fellow students they’ll be pressed to just let you stay home. Coming in sick deminishes the effectiveness of both yourself and those around you

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Go home Polska wins NS.
United Mongol Hordes wrote:Polska isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hurd you miss the point more than Polska misses Poland.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:51 am

Frievolk wrote:
NeuPolska wrote:Just see if you can reschedule them and don’t go

Why not try calling/emailing your lecturer/tutor/adviser/whoever and explain the situation. In my experience, most are pretty flexible if they know you're not the type to piss about.

When I was a university student, I had to get an extension on my third-year dissertation due to extenuating circumstances.

The worst that can happen is they refuse.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

DesAnges
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:52 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
DesAnges wrote:Ethel!

Cricket is coming to America!

I have been to matches, I have a Bangladeshi friend who is a bowler, I still have no idea what the hell that game is.

You hit the ball and run between two bases, each trip gets you a point. Team with most points wins.

But anyway: USACA have been discredited and replaced by US Cricket, who seem much more on the ball and forward thinking. Soon you might possibly qualify for the pre-World Cup qualification qualifications.

Abserdia wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:I have been to matches, I have a Bangladeshi friend who is a bowler, I still have no idea what the hell that game is.

Well it’s real simple.
Basically, there's three grabbers, three taggers, five twig runners, and the player at whack-bat. Center tagger lights a pine cone and chucks it over the basket and the whack-batter tries to hit the cedar stick off the cross rock. Then the twig runners dash back and forth until the pine cone burns out and the umpire calls "hotbox". Finally at the end you count up however many score-downs it adds up to and divide that by nine.

I'm so glad this is a Fantastic Mr Fox reference and not that inane "In/Out" copypasta.
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Frievolk
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:02 am

The Free Joy State wrote:
Frievolk wrote:I'd certainly try, but I seriously doubt they'll accept tbh.

Why not try calling/emailing your lecturer/tutor/adviser/whoever and explain the situation. In my experience, most are pretty flexible if they know you're not the type to piss about.

When I was a university student, I had to get an extension on my third-year dissertation due to extenuating circumstances.

The worst that can happen is they refuse.

I'm certainly going to call them or at least communicate with them in some way, but honestly I'm not putting much trust on it.
OOC
Libertarian Constitutionalist
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates
♔ The Frievolker Empire || Frievolker Kaiserreik
♔ The Realm in the Sun || De Reik in de Sonne
♔ Led by Kaiser Johann, Part of the Erstwelt
Never forget that the Muslims literally made up a new meaningless name for him when they forgot the name of Adam's Firstborn.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:16 am

DesAnges wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:I have been to matches, I have a Bangladeshi friend who is a bowler, I still have no idea what the hell that game is.

You hit the ball and run between two bases, each trip gets you a point. Team with most points wins.

But anyway: USACA have been discredited and replaced by US Cricket, who seem much more on the ball and forward thinking. Soon you might possibly qualify for the pre-World Cup qualification qualifications.

Abserdia wrote:Well it’s real simple.
Basically, there's three grabbers, three taggers, five twig runners, and the player at whack-bat. Center tagger lights a pine cone and chucks it over the basket and the whack-batter tries to hit the cedar stick off the cross rock. Then the twig runners dash back and forth until the pine cone burns out and the umpire calls "hotbox". Finally at the end you count up however many score-downs it adds up to and divide that by nine.

I'm so glad this is a Fantastic Mr Fox reference and not that inane "In/Out" copypasta.

And hitting it out gets you 6, I get that part, but tests, overs and tea intervals.... oh my.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:38 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
DesAnges wrote:You hit the ball and run between two bases, each trip gets you a point. Team with most points wins.

And hitting it out gets you 6, I get that part, but tests, overs and tea intervals.... oh my.

Overs and Intervals are fairly simple. Overs are just six legal bowls done consecutively after which you switch were the bowler and batsman stand and change out the bowler. Intervals are just breaks in the match's for the players to take a break and not die during the match, so meal intervals(called tea intervals sometimes), drink intervals, and so on.

Test is basically just the teams playing four-innings each, and that goes on for quite a bit. Someone better at explaining should probably explain that one.

DesAnges
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:52 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
DesAnges wrote:You hit the ball and run between two bases, each trip gets you a point. Team with most points wins.

An over is a block of 6 balls by one person. They experimented with 4, 8, and 10 ball overs and decided that 6 was the best, so that's why it's 6. There's a lot of cricket laws like that. At the end of an over, you change bowler and come from the other end.

There are 3 types of international cricket, Test matches, One Day matches, and T20 matches. T20s consist of one innings apiece, each lasting 20 overs or until one team loses all their outs, whichever is first. Highest score wins.

One Dayers are the same but 50 overs apiece instead of 20.

Test matches are not subject to innings time restraints, so you bat until you lose all ten outs. Each team gets 2 innings, and the game can last a maximum of 5 days. This is the one where you can get draws after 5 days, because an innings is not judged to be complete until one side has lost all their outs.
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:54 pm

DesAnges wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:And hitting it out gets you 6, I get that part, but tests, overs and tea intervals.... oh my.

An over is a block of 6 balls by one person. They experimented with 4, 8, and 10 ball overs and decided that 6 was the best, so that's why it's 6. There's a lot of cricket laws like that. At the end of an over, you change bowler and come from the other end.

There are 3 types of international cricket, Test matches, One Day matches, and T20 matches. T20s consist of one innings apiece, each lasting 20 overs or until one team loses all their outs, whichever is first. Highest score wins.

Test matches are not subject to innings time restraints, so you bat until you lose all ten outs. Each team gets 2 innings, and the game can last a maximum of 5 days. This is the one where you can get draws after 5 days, because an innings is not judged to be complete until one side has lost all their outs.

Dammit Ethel!
The Blaatschapen should resign

Kiruri
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiruri » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:56 pm

Lol, one of my British friends messaged me on FB asking if I had seen David Cameron. I was like "Umm... 'scuze me?" and they were like, "Yes, he stayed in Costa Rica for their end-of-the-year holiday"

I was like... cool.

Here's a link I found, apparently he did stay here
I'm BIwinning
CelebrateBisexualityDaySeptember 23rd
Costa Rican
Dirty Paws!
d(^o^)b¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸
=^..^=

Kiruri
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiruri » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:57 pm

DesAnges wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:And hitting it out gets you 6, I get that part, but tests, overs and tea intervals.... oh my.

WOW! Arne't you a sight for youthful/beautiful eyes!

How goes it, Desanges?
I'm BIwinning
Costa Rican
Dirty Paws!
d(^o^)b¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸
=^..^=

DesAnges
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:06 pm

The blAAtschApen wrote:
DesAnges wrote:An over is a block of 6 balls by one person. They experimented with 4, 8, and 10 ball overs and decided that 6 was the best, so that's why it's 6. There's a lot of cricket laws like that. At the end of an over, you change bowler and come from the other end.

Dammit Ethel!

HEY! The Dutch are kinda good at cricket, embrace the Ryan ten Doeschate of it all.

Kiruri wrote:
DesAnges wrote:An over is a block of 6 balls by one person. They experimented with 4, 8, and 10 ball overs and decided that 6 was the best, so that's why it's 6. There's a lot of cricket laws like that. At the end of an over, you change bowler and come from the other end.

WOW! Arne't you a sight for youthful/beautiful eyes!

How goes it, Desanges?

Are you calling yourself youthful and beautiful? Very egotistical.
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:08 pm

DesAnges wrote:
The blAAtschApen wrote:
Dammit Ethel!

HEY! The Dutch are kinda good at cricket, embrace the Ryan ten Doeschate of it all.

It's not that. It's someone geeking out on a boooooring topic, and Ethel is to blame for triggering said geeking out :)

Kiruri
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiruri » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:12 pm

DesAnges wrote:
Kiruri wrote:
WOW! Aren't you a sight for youthful/beautiful eyes!

How goes it, Desanges?

Are you calling yourself youthful and beautiful? Very egotistical.

Just the eyes mind you :)
I'm BIwinning
Costa Rican
Dirty Paws!
d(^o^)b¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸
=^..^=

DesAnges
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:16 pm

Kiruri wrote:
DesAnges wrote:Are you calling yourself youthful and beautiful? Very egotistical.

Just the eyes mind you :)

Kiruri is a demon, confirmed.

The blAAtschApen wrote:
DesAnges wrote:HEY! The Dutch are kinda good at cricket, embrace the Ryan ten Doeschate of it all.

It's not that. It's someone geeking out on a boooooring topic, and Ethel is to blame for triggering said geeking out :)

That was a basic explanation on specific things Ethel asked about haha. I can go all in on it if you want.

The minutiae of the LBW rule are right here...
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:17 pm

DesAnges wrote:
Kiruri wrote:Just the eyes mind you :)

Kiruri is a demon, confirmed.

The blAAtschApen wrote:

That was a basic explanation on specific things Ethel asked about haha. I can go all in on it if you want.

I read 'Penguins stopped play', I already know enough.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penguins_Stopped_Play

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 18, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dresderstan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:18 pm

I want to eat but I also wanna stay in bed and be on my phone but I know what will happen if I don't.

DesAnges
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:24 pm

The blAAtschApen wrote:
DesAnges wrote:Kiruri is a demon, confirmed.

That sounds hilarious.
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:25 pm

DesAnges wrote:
The blAAtschApen wrote:

That sounds hilarious.

I bought it for the funny title.

It's true what they say about not being able to judge a book by its cover :(

It's a cricket story :o

DesAnges
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:32 pm

The blAAtschApen wrote:
DesAnges wrote:That sounds hilarious.

Penguins probably did literally stop play at one point in the narrative though. You got what you wanted.
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:32 pm

DesAnges wrote:
The blAAtschApen wrote:

Penguins probably did literally stop play at one point in the narrative though. You got what you wanted.

This is true.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:52 pm

Hurdergaryp wrote:
New haven america wrote:Evangelical, so par for the course.

When I was in Colorado (Evangelical capital of the US) the older pastors and chuch workers would surround my school every few months or so and try to shove Bibles into the hands of people who I guess they deemed to be in need of saving. Happened to me 3 times caused I usually wore mostly black, gray, red, etc...

Personally I always found the evangelicals to be rather deranged, given their various tendencies. Wishing hell upon everyone who's not like them is only one of the grievances, their insane desire for the death and destruction of our world is another.

Let's not generalize whole religious groups as deranged. Thanks.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:09 pm

The blAAtschApen wrote:

Dammit Ethel!

I still dont understand it.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:11 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
The blAAtschApen wrote:
Dammit Ethel!

It's like the L Train, one it's closing, the next day it's not. No one can fathom it.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

DesAnges
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:14 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
The blAAtschApen wrote:
Dammit Ethel!

I feel like you're pulling my leg sirrah
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General