NATION

PASSWORD

Thousands of Hondurans heading toward the US

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What should be done when it comes to the Hondurans heading toward the US

Let them into the US
30%
Do not let any of them into the US
42%
Its Mexico's problem so let them handle it
11%
US needs to liberate Honduras
11%
Not Sure
5%

Total votes : 619

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:24 am

MercuriusEudoro wrote:
Soldati Senza Confini wrote:I am from Central America, El Salvador to be exact.

Oh - also, as a white person, I'd just like to take the opportunity to apologize on behalf of all white people for Kiruri and other people like him.

I know you must be really, really tired of gringos who tell you that everything that happens in your country is because of them, whether in a good sense or a bad sense. It seems really disrespectful to me for a beta-male to tell you that you and your people have no agency and no control over the conditions of your country, because the USA is so good, or so evil, that they are responsible for everything that happens in your country, and you are like a little baby that just has go along with whatever America decides for you.

This is a disgusting colonialist attitude, and white liberals who want to hate themselves and hate America need to find a way to do this without invalidating the autonomy and agency of other peoples and countries.

My God dude, I am a white Latino too.

And you are no better than the "white liberals" you deride tbh, you're just a flip-side of the same shit coin.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:26 am

MercuriusEudoro wrote:Well, I mean - looks like an Aztec, brutally dismembers people in petty tribal conflicts like an Aztec, has an average IQ of 80 like an Aztec...

From where I'm standing, they're all just natives that aren't good for America and can just keep on being poor and killing each other back in over-the-rainbow-istan

I mean, from my side of the table, all that jerking off about IQ from you and the fact you can't even hurl a decent insult at me speaks volumes tbh.

I am more insulted at the fact you thought that was a good insult and bait rather than the insult itself.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:46 am

MercuriusEudoro, are you saying that all immigrants are violent dumb rapists?
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:54 am

Kiruri wrote:
Novus America wrote:
Honduras did not even have a civil war. It was the most stable in Central America in the 80s. If this is the main cause why are there more Hondurans than Nicaraguans?

The main cause isn't civil war, it's US intervention. If that intervention happened to manifest itself as involvement in CA civil wars then well, that's the way it manifested but it's not only limited to that. Honduras didn't suffer civil war during this specific timeframe we're referencing but it did experience heavy US intervention.

Also Honduras was not the most stable country of the 80's CA region. Honduran immigration to the US happened post Reagan and has held up to the present day

See here

And I agree the US did contribute, (although the civil wars still would have happened without our involvement)

Incorrect. These Civil Wars happened because of US intervention, either because the US wanted to remove the regime in power at the time or because the population was fed up with the US propped and backed regime ruling over them. The US has had a hand in ALL Central American Civil Wars of the past century. That's a proven fact. Google search it or simply refer yourself to the CIA's home website.

Anywho, regime change in Guatemala, for example, happened specifically because the US ordered it to happen. It is completely incorrect to state that these conflicts would have happened with or without intervention. Either way, all that's hypothetical. Matter of fact is the US did intervene and say for a moment that your statement is accurate. If these were to have happened with or without the US, direct and indirect intervention worsened the conflict and the aftermath.

it cannot be said to be the reason for all or most of the gang violence today.

Yes it can. The link to the article I posted above (a couple of posts above) does a very good job at explaining how.

And again most in gangs today were never displaced or likely even alive when those occurred.

Not displaced, there were no gangs during the conflict, they came after, as a result of direct US involvement.

However, an example of where the US did displace 'gangs' would be in Colombia with the drug cartels of the 80's. Regan's war on drugs would be the main culprit. That war on drugs pushed or rather displaced the cartels out of Colombia and into war-torn Central America. As Syria and Northern Irak have yet again proven, war-torn, chaotic, power-vacuums are THE perfect breeding ground for, in this case specifically, drug cartels and future gangs which have developed BECAUSE of US intervention.

On a side note - The US has a historically bad record of having previous policies and interventions in foreign nations' affairs backfire and bite them in the ass after a couple of years or so. Irak and Iran come to mind.

Corruption and poor education are the primary problems.

Contributing factors, not the main root issue. Let's get it straight.

Again Latin American countries that did not have civil wars (Honduras, Venezuela) are not always doing better than those that did.

A quick Google search can prevent misinformed comments. Those nations did have civil wars. Honduras, I concede, didn't really for the specific time-period we're referring to here, but does not mean the US didn't intervene, which is the BIG issue here that we're referencing. How US intervention has led to the present day issues we face.

Honduras and Venezuela did not have the civil wars yet are the among the worst today (well Venezuela is the worst, by a large margin).

Addressed a couple of lines above

There is no magical civil war button next to the magical coup button at Langley. Contrary to the belief of many, the CIA does not have mind control magic, it cannot “order” a civil war to happen. Civil wars happen when a large and powerful enough group resorts to violence against the government in power.

Now sure the US can and did support some such groups. But few of any members of said groups were US citizens. The were made up of Central Americans with their own grievances.

The US did get involved in civil wars.

But if a country is well run and the people happy civil wars cannot and do not happen, regardless of what the US does.

And not having a civil war when your neighbors have one makes you by default relatively stable.

Iraq is an entirely different matter. We launched a full invasion there and then completely screwed up the transition process by not having an replacement plan. Iran again the US supported some angry people but did not make them angry in the first place. Besides those places sucked before we got involved.
No magical button.

And sure some far left sources say “evil US caused it all”, but more measured ones say it is corruption first, education second.
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/06/ ... n-america/

Which is logical. Places with high corruption and poor education almost always have high crime and poverty.

That is not to say the US did not screw up at times and did make things worse, but to say it is all or mostly the US, especially considering nearly three decades of being mostly hands off.

If this countries had good education, the rull of law and sound economic policies they would obviously be much better today regardless of any past US or other involvement.
Last edited by Novus America on Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Mercuriuseudoro
Attaché

Founded: Oct 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mercuriuseudoro » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:06 pm

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:My God dude, I am a white Latino too.

And you are no better than the "white liberals" you deride tbh, you're just a flip-side of the same shit coin.

And you relocated from a predominantly indigenous country to a predominantly white one?

Interesante.

Look, I respect the natives enough to concede that they are responsible for their own issues and that we are not the center of their existence, and unlike these people who blame America for causing everything bad ever in the world everywhere, I love America.

Bienvenido. It's a shame that the Spanish Empire failed, and I don't mind letting in a few straggling remnants of that failed experiment, you seem like you're fitting in just fine.

All I'm saying here is that you should realistically own up to the fact that you came to this country in order to flee the conditions created by people who are not like you, and who are exactly like these caravan invaders. If there was enough motivation for you, personally, to come all the way over here just to get away from these people, you may as well be honest enough to just come out and admit that you thought it was a bad idea to live with the natives and it would also be a bad idea for us to do this.
Last edited by Mercuriuseudoro on Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My nation reflects ideals I would die for. I'm the guy next door.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:18 pm

MercuriusEudoro wrote:

And you relocated from a predominantly indigenous country to a predominantly white one?

Interesante.

Look, I respect the natives enough to concede that they are responsible for their own issues and that we are not the center of their existence, and unlike these people who blame America for causing everything bad ever in the world everywhere, I love America.

Bienvenido. It's a shame that the Spanish Empire failed, and I don't mind letting in a few straggling remnants of that failed experiment, you seem like you're fitting in just fine.

All I'm saying here is that you should realistically own up to the fact that you came to this country in order to flee the conditions created by people who are not like you, and who are exactly like these caravan invaders. If there was enough motivation for you, personally, to come all the way over here just to get away from these people, you may as well be honest enough to just come out and admit that you thought it was a bad idea to live with the natives and it would also be a bad idea for us to do this.

It wasn't my choice. My parents had already decided to bring me here since before I was born. I like America, but I'm also not blind to its faults, and that America has plenty.

That said, the "natives" as you wish to call them are responsible, partly, for their own issues. My only issue is that Americans seem to pretend they didn't shape Latin America to what it is today, when they did have a hand in it. Now as I said to Kiruri, America did not have a major part in it, but they did have a part regardless in shaping what the continent would look like, and y'all chose right-wing government who turned out to be corrupt. It's not your fault that they ended up being corrupt, but the moment you intervened, you, as a country, chose to take the responsibility of Latin America and whatever happened in its future.

Now, to be fair, you guys are not intervening in Latin America anymore, so the issue is, majorly, on the heap of the people from that country (myself included) for the corruption that has led to the ongoing issue, but to say it isn't really the problem of the US is not really correct either, as the problems of the region certainly are affecting you right now 20 something years later. It's not pretty but it is something that is right in your faces. Not everything happens in an instant, this is not like Hearts of Iron or Civilization 5 where changes happen in seconds, the consequences of our action take years to come to a conclusion.

The issue in Latin America and US interference, which was one factor, is playing out right now and the truth is, nobody likes it. Immigrants don't want to come here and Americans don't like that immigrants want to come here. So at least there's common ground in that. The problem is the corruption, the violence, and the helplessness that decent sorts have to go through every day, so they see no choice but to escape the situation by migrating. Better to die in the desert than to die in a dark alley, is the thought, and while you might not empathize with it, or even sympathize with it, be glad that you can't.

I mean, I don't want criminals in this country, and in that you are correct, however, there's also the fact that there's nobody to help them, so I can empathize with that. I was living there during my childhood so I realize that what they are making is not an easy choice. The most humanitarian thing to do is send help against the gangs and the cartels at this point tbh. But, I realize that's fighting a hard battle, considering the politics of the region towards the US and the incredible bad faith everyone puts on the US actions in the region, not unjustified, mind.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:42 pm

MercuriusEudoro wrote:

Interesante.

He isn't racist like you. Let's keep it that way.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Mercuriuseudoro
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Mercuriuseudoro » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:44 pm

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:Iy'all chose right-wing government who turned out to be corrupt. It's not your fault that they ended up being corrupt, but the moment you intervened, you, as a country, chose to take the responsibility of Latin America and whatever happened in its future.

... Now, to be fair, you guys are not intervening in Latin America anymore...

I mean, I don't want criminals in this country, and in that you are correct, however, there's also the fact that there's nobody to help them, so I can empathize with that. I was living there during my childhood so I realize that what they are making is not an easy choice. The most humanitarian thing to do is send help against the gangs and the cartels at this point tbh. But, I realize that's fighting a hard battle, considering the politics of the region towards the US and the incredible bad faith everyone puts on the US actions in the region, not unjustified, mind.

Well, I mean, having established that this is entirely not my problem and I wouldn't want these people in my country no matter whose fault it was -

Sure. And, again, I apologize for my co-ethnics trying to reduce your complex and multifactorial regional problems down to "America is bad"

Groups of people who are responsible for things that aren't good in Latin America:

1) The natives themselves
2) The Spanish
3) The Spanish, again, who screwed that up
4) Marxists
5) America
6) China

So, I mean, if we want to play "culpar a los extranjeros" now might be the moment to pause and consider the failures of the Spaniards and the Marxists -

but, wait, it isn't, because they aren't Americans and so I don't care.

Anyway, yes - the Mexican government has been at war with the cartels for years, and not winning. America should monitor their communications, recon them, and drone strike, air strike and artillery strike them, and set up a puppet government to run Mexico, since those people seem to prefer living under American rule anyway.

As long as the Mexican people pay America for that service, I would be fine with that. This would be a much more efficient way of helping the natives than giving free stuff to displaced populations, that's for sure - and it would fix the drug problem here, so I guess that's a good enough reason.

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:47 pm

MercuriusEudoro wrote:
Soldati Senza Confini wrote:Iy'all chose right-wing government who turned out to be corrupt. It's not your fault that they ended up being corrupt, but the moment you intervened, you, as a country, chose to take the responsibility of Latin America and whatever happened in its future.

... Now, to be fair, you guys are not intervening in Latin America anymore...

Well, I mean, having established that this is entirely not my problem and I wouldn't want these people in my country no matter whose fault it was -

Sure. And, again, I apologize for my co-ethnics trying to reduce your complex and multifactorial regional problems down to "America is bad"

Groups of people who are responsible for things that aren't good in Latin America:

1) The natives themselves
2) The Spanish
3) The Spanish, again, who screwed that up
4) Marxists
5) America
6) China

So, I mean, if we want to play "culpar a los extranjeros" now might be the moment to pause and consider the failures of the Spaniards and the Marxists -

but, wait, it isn't, because they aren't Americans and so I don't care.

Anyway, yes - the Mexican government has been at war with the cartels for years, and not winning. America should monitor their communications, recon them, and drone strike, air strike and artillery strike them, and set up a puppet government to run Mexico, since those people seem to prefer living under American rule anyway.

As long as the Mexican people pay America for that service, I would be fine with that. This would be a much more efficient way of helping the natives than giving free stuff to displaced populations, that's for sure - and it would fix the drug problem here, so I guess that's a good enough reason.

You know how much casualties US drone strikes cause?
Last edited by El-Amin Caliphate on Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

Mercuriuseudoro
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Mercuriuseudoro » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:56 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:You know how much casualties US drone strikes cause?

Not enough, infidel.

I'm arguing for artillery.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:15 pm

MercuriusEudoro wrote:Well, I mean, having established that this is entirely not my problem and I wouldn't want these people in my country no matter whose fault it was -

Eh don't worry about it, every problem is not a single cause. It's more complicated than what one side or another might think.

The failure of the governments in the region to deal with the problem ain't your fault, doesn't mean you're off the hook either for siding with shit governments in the first place. And in that shitheap there's a lot more hooks than in a closet full of suits, as you said.

On the military stuff, I would agree so long as you guys don't pull another Iraq and fuck it up. Tbh Mexico needs a revolution at the very least. Not as a Marxist statement but as a statement of fact. Also, the "war on drugs" in Mexico is a God damn joke and an exercise in politics, well at least when Nieto was in power. The cartels flourished more under Nieto more than they did under Calderon.

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:54 pm

MercuriusEudoro wrote:

Not enough, infidel.

:roll:
Also, what do you mean by "not enough"?
MercuriusEudoro wrote:I'm arguing for artillery.

What's that got to do with my post? Drone strikes are notorious for killing civilians who aren't the intended target: https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_561f ... dd7ea6c4ff, https://www.e-ir.info/2016/08/23/the-pr ... ew-claims/, https://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/up ... 26752.html, https://www.bbc.com/news/32441853
Pro: (Pan-)Islamism--Palestine--RBG--Choice to an extent--Giving land back to Native Americans--East--Afrika--etc.
Anti: US gov--West gov--Capitalism--Imperialism/Colonialism--Racism/White Supremacy--Secularism getting into everything--Western 'intervention' in the East--Zionism--etc.
I'm a New Afrikan Muslim :) https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality Sister nation of El-Amin Caliphate
Farnhamia wrote:A word of advice from your friendly neighborhood Mod, be careful how you use "kafir." It's derogatory usage by some people can get you in trouble unless you are very careful in setting the context for it's use.

This means we can use the word, just not in a bad way. So don't punish anyone who uses kafir.

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:07 pm

Kubumba Tribe wrote:What's that got to do with my post? Drone strikes are notorious for killing civilians who aren't the intended target

Or killing civilians intentionally, something Trump openly called for in 2016.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:09 pm

MercuriusEudoro wrote:Well, I mean - looks like an Aztec, brutally dismembers people in petty tribal conflicts like an Aztec, has an average IQ of 80 like an Aztec...

From where I'm standing, they're all just natives that aren't good for America and can just keep on being poor and killing each other back in over-the-rainbow-istan

MercuriusEudoro wrote:Serious question - do you think a country could get to first world levels if it was populated entirely by people with mosaic down syndrome, which renders an average IQ of about 65? Is there a cutoff?

I'm just seeing these posts as purely meant to anger people. *** Warned for Trolling *** I would encourage you to check out our forum rules and be more mindful of what you say in the future.
Last edited by Jakker on Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:09 pm

Page wrote:
Kubumba Tribe wrote:What's that got to do with my post? Drone strikes are notorious for killing civilians who aren't the intended target

Wtfreak are you serious?!
Pro: (Pan-)Islamism--Palestine--RBG--Choice to an extent--Giving land back to Native Americans--East--Afrika--etc.
Anti: US gov--West gov--Capitalism--Imperialism/Colonialism--Racism/White Supremacy--Secularism getting into everything--Western 'intervention' in the East--Zionism--etc.
I'm a New Afrikan Muslim :) https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality Sister nation of El-Amin Caliphate
Farnhamia wrote:A word of advice from your friendly neighborhood Mod, be careful how you use "kafir." It's derogatory usage by some people can get you in trouble unless you are very careful in setting the context for it's use.

This means we can use the word, just not in a bad way. So don't punish anyone who uses kafir.

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:13 pm

Kubumba Tribe wrote:
Page wrote:

Wtfreak are you serious?!

Yes, unfortunately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWiaYQUV2oM
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:03 pm

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:
MercuriusEudoro wrote:Well, I mean, having established that this is entirely not my problem and I wouldn't want these people in my country no matter whose fault it was -

Eh don't worry about it, every problem is not a single cause. It's more complicated than what one side or another might think.

The failure of the governments in the region to deal with the problem ain't your fault, doesn't mean you're off the hook either for siding with shit governments in the first place. And in that shitheap there's a lot more hooks than in a closet full of suits, as you said.

On the military stuff, I would agree so long as you guys don't pull another Iraq and fuck it up. Tbh Mexico needs a revolution at the very least. Not as a Marxist statement but as a statement of fact. Also, the "war on drugs" in Mexico is a God damn joke and an exercise in politics, well at least when Nieto was in power. The cartels flourished more under Nieto more than they did under Calderon.

How do you expect the US to occupy Mexico and stop drug trafficking in Mexico when for almost two decades the US military plus NATO have occupied Afghanistan and have not been able to dent the growing of poppy plants which is used to make Heroine. Afghanistan supplies 90% of the worlds Heroine.

US needs to stop the demand in the US by curing and getting people to stop using it. Users if they cannot get illegal drugs from Mexico will just get there illegal drugs from somewhere else. Stop demand and the supplies will dry up. After all, no profit tends to bankrupt growers and sellers. Sometimes it seems US politicians rather not bother US illegal drug users since many might be voters (some most likely with influence). Better to blame Mexico.

By the way, for those opting for artillery and occupation of Mexico, you got to be kidding. The Mexico of 2018 is nothing like the Mexico of 1848.
Last edited by Rio Cana on Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Our National Love SongOur Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:13 pm

And it seems hundreds of Hondurans have arrived ahead of the main group in Tijuana Mexico. The Tijuana US border crossing is one of the places which they can legally apply for a special visa. However, only seven people a day can apply. Thats when they decide to accept applicants.

News on that - https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/th ... 8a18c78e37
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Our National Love SongOur Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

Greater Miami Shores
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 06, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Greater Miami Shores » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:17 pm

Rio Cana wrote:
Soldati Senza Confini wrote:

How do you expect the US to occupy Mexico and stop drug trafficking in Mexico when for almost two decades the US military plus NATO have occupied Afghanistan and have not been able to dent the growing of poppy plants which is used to make Heroine. Afghanistan supplies 90% of the worlds Heroine.

US needs to stop the demand in the US by curing and getting people to stop using it. Users if they cannot get illegal drugs from Mexico will just get there illegal drugs from somewhere else. Stop demand and the supplies will dry up. After all, no profit tends to bankrupt growers and sellers. Sometimes it seems US politicians rather not bother US illegal drug users since many might be voters (some most likely with influence). Better to blame Mexico.

By the way, for those opting for artillery and occupation of Mexico, you got to be kidding. The Mexico of 2018 is nothing like the Mexico of 1848.

While Rio Cana and I usually dont agree on much he is usually in well informed, but I agree with Rio Cana on this one.
Last edited by Greater Miami Shores on Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I once tried to K Me. Posted It and Reported. Locked by Mods. I am Autistic accounts for Repetitive Nature. I am Very Civil and Respectful to all on NS and off NS. My Opinions Are Not Bad Opinions No Ones Opinions Are Bad Opinons. We are on NS, to share, discuss, argue, disagree, on Trump, elections, Republicans, Democrats, Socialists, Libertarians and whatevers, with respect. This Respect Is Given It Is Not Earned, This Respect Is Called Freedom of Expression and Democracy. This Man Always Says What He Means, I Am The Real Thing. I Make Ted Cruz look like a Leftist. I have been on NS For over 10 Years with a Perfect Record of No Baiting, Trolling, Flaming, or Using Foul Language. I Am Very Proud of It and Wish To Keep My Record Clean. But I Am Not The Only One On NS. GMS. I'm Based.

Greater Miami Shores
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 06, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Greater Miami Shores » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:29 pm

Rio Cana wrote:And it seems hundreds of Hondurans have arrived ahead of the main group in Tijuana Mexico. The Tijuana US border crossing is one of the places which they can legally apply for a special visa. However, only seven people a day can apply. Thats when they decide to accept applicants.

News on that - https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/th ... 8a18c78e37

Interesting I am sure, but I cant read this link because I dont have a subscription to the Washington Post.
I once tried to K Me. Posted It and Reported. Locked by Mods. I am Autistic accounts for Repetitive Nature. I am Very Civil and Respectful to all on NS and off NS. My Opinions Are Not Bad Opinions No Ones Opinions Are Bad Opinons. We are on NS, to share, discuss, argue, disagree, on Trump, elections, Republicans, Democrats, Socialists, Libertarians and whatevers, with respect. This Respect Is Given It Is Not Earned, This Respect Is Called Freedom of Expression and Democracy. This Man Always Says What He Means, I Am The Real Thing. I Make Ted Cruz look like a Leftist. I have been on NS For over 10 Years with a Perfect Record of No Baiting, Trolling, Flaming, or Using Foul Language. I Am Very Proud of It and Wish To Keep My Record Clean. But I Am Not The Only One On NS. GMS. I'm Based.

Mercuriuseudoro
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Mercuriuseudoro » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:46 pm

Jakker wrote:

MercuriusEudoro wrote:Serious question - do you think a country could get to first world levels if it was populated entirely by people with mosaic down syndrome, which renders an average IQ of about 65? Is there a cutoff?

I'm just seeing these posts as purely meant to anger people. *** Warned for Trolling *** I would encourage you to check out our forum rules and be more mindful of what you say in the future.

Everything written in these posts is true. They may anger people, the purpose is actually to desensitize people's "anger" response to information they dislike.

1) Both Honduras and Mexico - which, as someone pointed out, are not-Aztec and Aztec, respectively, are extremely violent countries with a large presence of powerful drug cartels. These are both known to dismember their enemies in cartel conflicts, which are basically tribal conflicts.

2) Since they share these qualities, they are both not good for America, and they can be functionally equated.

3) A poster suggested that the average 80 IQ of the population of Honduras was not related in any way to their failure to have human accomplishment or first-world civilization, and that intelligence itself, or its measurement, was not an important determinant in the success of nations. If this were true, then a country composed entirely of mentally handicapped people could be expected to achieve first world status, so I asked if that was the case.

-

I will never write anything untrue on these forums, or if someone points out that I was wrong about something, I will adapt to the new information - such as where I conceded that Hondurans are not Aztecs but share their undesirable characteristics.

I will happily be audited by forum moderation with respect to the truthfulness of anything, and provide references demonstrating that I am not just making up what I write.

I can't keep people from getting angry at true statements.

Valgora
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Valgora » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:49 pm

MercuriusEudoro wrote:
Jakker wrote:

Everything written in these posts is true. They may anger people, the purpose is actually to desensitize people's "anger" response to information they dislike.

1) Both Honduras and Mexico - which, as someone pointed out, are not-Aztec and Aztec, respectively, are extremely violent countries with a large presence of powerful drug cartels. These are both known to dismember their enemies in cartel conflicts, which are basically tribal conflicts.

2) Since they share these qualities, they are both not good for America, and they can be functionally equated.

3) A poster suggested that the average 80 IQ of the population of Honduras was not related in any way to their failure to have human accomplishment or first-world civilization, and that intelligence itself, or its measurement, was not an important determinant in the success of nations. If this were true, then a country composed entirely of mentally handicapped people could be expected to achieve first world status, so I asked if that was the case.

-

I will never write anything untrue on these forums, or if someone points out that I was wrong about something, I will adapt to the new information - such as where I conceded that Hondurans are not Aztecs but share their undesirable characteristics.

I will happily be audited by forum moderation with respect to the truthfulness of anything, and provide references demonstrating that I am not just making up what I write.

I can't keep people from getting angry at true statements.

You appeal in Moderation, not here.
Last edited by Valgora on Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Libertarian Syndicalist
Not state capitalist

MT+FanT+some PMT
Multi-species.
Current gov't:
Founded 2023
Currently 2027

DISREGARD NS STATS
Link to factbooks-Forum Factbook-Q&A-Embassy
The Reverend Tim
Ordained Dudeist Priest
IRL Me
Luxemburgist/Syndicalist, brony, metalhead
Valgora =+/-IRL views
8 Values

Pro - Socialism/communism, Palestine, space exploration, left libertarianism, BLM, Gun Rights, LGBTQ, Industrial Hemp
Anti - Trump, Hillary, capitalism, authoritarianism, Gun Control, Police, UN, electric cars, Automation of the workforce
Sometimes, I like to think of myself as the Commie version of Dale Gribble.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:50 pm

MercuriusEudoro wrote:

Not enough, infidel.

I'm arguing for artillery.

Obviously, you didn't learn anything from your warning for trolling. Have a 24-hour vacation from NS, and read the rules while you're at it.

*** 24 hour ban for trolling ***

EDIT: After consultation with my colleagues, we're removing the ban, but calling for bodily harm/death to people is not allowed under site rules. Don't do it.
Last edited by Lamoni on Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Mercuriuseudoro
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Mercuriuseudoro » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:19 pm

Lamoni wrote:EDIT: After consultation with my colleagues, we're removing the ban, but calling for bodily harm/death to people is not allowed under site rules. Don't do it.

Hi.

I am not going to call for bodily harm or death to any individual posting on this forum, or call for illegal actions in general.

However, I am likely to call for government policies that would result in these things, such as declaring war on the cartel element in Mexico. This is a reasonable policy position, and only one of many wars that I advocate for.

Thanks for understanding.

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:36 am

MercuriusEudoro wrote:
Soldati Senza Confini wrote:I mean, you don't have to care, but if you don't care the least you can do is not complain about it since you don't want to have a part at the table where we're all talking about how to solve a problem while you're going "what problem?"

I am explaining to you that these people want to depress my wages,

Are you a farm labourer? No? Then no, they don't.

take my money in the form of benefits, consume my services,

Migrants of all kinds are net contributors.

sell drugs to my kids,

False.

lower educational standards,

False.

rape my wife, and murder me.

False.
Last edited by Salandriagado on Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General