NATION

PASSWORD

Thousands of Hondurans heading toward the US

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What should be done when it comes to the Hondurans heading toward the US

Let them into the US
30%
Do not let any of them into the US
42%
Its Mexico's problem so let them handle it
11%
US needs to liberate Honduras
11%
Not Sure
5%

Total votes : 619

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:14 pm

Neutraligon wrote:Would be funny if they kept marching through the US to Canada.

They should.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:14 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
Help out the border patrol to stop them from illegally migrating, scare them away with their guns.

To request asylum they mist first enter the US. Are you saying they should prevent people who may be seeking asylum from entering the US? AS to scaring people away with guns, how would you do that. I am pretty sure shooting at civilians to scare them away when they pose no physical danger is illegal.

Under PC the National Guard needs actual congressional authorisation to do that anyway.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Renolia
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 15, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Renolia » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:14 pm

Azurius wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:Which will still cost money...a lot of money. And...what exactly will they do when they are there?

Sorting out the criminals, letting the decent people in and letting them work etc. actually rakes in revenue.

If not gee, I guess Germanies debts ought to have skyrocketed since 2015 since we´re letting lots of em in... Wait what? Oh, seems our debts are in a skyfall since 2015. But surely, our debt is falling because immigrants cost oh so much :clap:

You seem to be misunderstanding what he is saying. He is saying that sending the national guard to assist the border guard will be expensive, which it will.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:14 pm

Azurius wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:Which will still cost money...a lot of money. And...what exactly will they do when they are there?

Sorting out the criminals,
Which would be expensive, as noted earlier. Also, sorting out how?
letting the decent people in and letting them work etc. actually rakes in revenue.

If not gee, I guess Germanies debts ought to have skyrocketed since 2015 since we´re letting lots of em in... Wait what? Oh, seems our debts are in a skyfall since 2015. But surely, our debt is falling because immigrants cost oh so much :clap:
Oh I am aware that immigration help, my talk was about more immediate expenses.
Last edited by Neutraligon on Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Azurius
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 18, 2014

Postby Azurius » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:14 pm

Harelia wrote:
Magi Rome wrote:Why would they want to enter to such a crappy country? If I'm Latino I would stay in Mexico. Disinformation is killing USA, open your eyes, Honduras is a hellhole and a lot of those people are doing the job that Americans wouldn't do, they can even teach Spanish to your people

Where are all these jobs that American's turn their nose up at with such intense disdain, I wonder? Sounds like it's somewhere in Makebelieve, Oklahoma.

To assume there are jobs American's wouldn't do is just ridiculous and nonsensical. I know several people that would give their own arms to be able to work a field.

I feel like you're just trying to play at satire though with following up "Disinformation is killing USA" with actual disinformation.

Then why are at least 50% of all people on a construction site immigrants?

Or also why is germanies debt falling if we western people are oh so hard working and efficient?

Please explain.

Harelia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Harelia » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:16 pm

Neutraligon wrote:Would be funny if they kept marching through the US to Canada.

Technically they could march through Canada and end up back in the US simply by going to Alaska.
I've apparently fixed Harelia's economy. I guess I'm good at that now, or something. Probably not. I should sell cats...

I'm aware I have no Factbooks. That's because I'm terrible at making them. Want some facts? Here's some facts.
Fun Fact: Harelia is better than you and also we have pizza. Also our leader is a rabbit man with soft fur who likes to snuggle and eat pancakes.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:17 pm

Harelia wrote:
Magi Rome wrote:Why would they want to enter to such a crappy country? If I'm Latino I would stay in Mexico. Disinformation is killing USA, open your eyes, Honduras is a hellhole and a lot of those people are doing the job that Americans wouldn't do, they can even teach Spanish to your people

Where are all these jobs that American's turn their nose up at with such intense disdain, I wonder? Sounds like it's somewhere in Makebelieve, Oklahoma.

To assume there are jobs American's wouldn't do is just ridiculous and nonsensical. I know several people that would give their own arms to be able to work a field.

I feel like you're just trying to play at satire though with following up "Disinformation is killing USA" with actual disinformation.

Mainly in agriculture, although they also are a main part of the workforce in a few other areas.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2 ... feff27492a
Last edited by Neutraligon on Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just A Little though

Azurius
Diplomat

Postby Azurius » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:17 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Azurius wrote:

Sorting out the criminals,
Which would be expensive, as noted earlier. Also, sorting out how?
letting the decent people in and letting them work etc. actually rakes in revenue.

Oh I am aware that immigration helps, my
That depends on a few things.

Okay we have... Option 1: Sort it out(costs a BIT) and rake in long term profits that easily and by far outweigh anything you invested?

Or option 2: Send them back(people like you seem to forget that that COSTS MONEY TOO lmao), increase the problem... --> more crime,more immigrants will come, you will need to send more and more back... costs ever increasing... Cartels gain more power, trafick drugs in your country too, again insane law enforcement costs that just keep piling up...

But okay fine, suit yourself, the sooner America falls the sooner the world lost the biggest tyrannt on the planet which is only good in my books.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:17 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
Help out the border patrol to stop them from illegally migrating, scare them away with their guns.

To request asylum they mist first enter the US. Are you saying they should prevent people who may be seeking asylum from entering the US? AS to scaring people away with guns, how would you do that. I am pretty sure shooting at civilians to scare them away when they pose no physical danger is illegal.

That's not how to request asylum. And no I'm not saying we should shoot them.
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Harelia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Harelia » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:18 pm

Azurius wrote:
Harelia wrote:

Or also why is germanies debt falling if we western people are oh so hard working and efficient?

Please explain.

I'm not understanding where 'the germanies" comes in (It's just called Germany, dude) so I'll leave that one alone.

As for at least 50% of construction sites employing immigrants?

I'm gonna need to see some fax.
I've apparently fixed Harelia's economy. I guess I'm good at that now, or something. Probably not. I should sell cats...

I'm aware I have no Factbooks. That's because I'm terrible at making them. Want some facts? Here's some facts.
Fun Fact: Harelia is better than you and also we have pizza. Also our leader is a rabbit man with soft fur who likes to snuggle and eat pancakes.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:18 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:To request asylum they mist first enter the US. Are you saying they should prevent people who may be seeking asylum from entering the US? AS to scaring people away with guns, how would you do that. I am pretty sure shooting at civilians to scare them away when they pose no physical danger is illegal.

That's not how to request asylum. And no I'm not saying we should shoot them.

You have to be on US territory to start the process to to get asylum. And what are you saying, because I doubt people walking around with guns is going to scare these people.
Last edited by Neutraligon on Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just A Little though

Renolia
Spokesperson

Postby Renolia » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:18 pm

Azurius wrote:
Harelia wrote:

Please explain.

To imply that the cause for Germany's debt decreasing is immigrants is absurd. Look at Italy, Greece, Spain, France, or nearly any other European country. Why do we not see this same decrease? Do you think that perhaps there are other things impacting Germany's debt?

Trumptonium1
Senator

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trumptonium1 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:19 pm

Harelia wrote:

I think it is perfectly reasonable to say that it's okay for people to come to do jobs that Americans won't do. Like voting Democrat.
Preferred pronouns: His Majesty/Your Highness

https://www.bolsonaro.com.br/
Resident Non-Pumpkin Character

Azurius
Diplomat

Postby Azurius » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:19 pm

Renolia wrote:
Azurius wrote:

Sorting out the criminals, letting the decent people in and letting them work etc. actually rakes in revenue.

You seem to be misunderstanding what he is saying. He is saying that sending the national guard to assist the border guard will be expensive, which it will.

And you from the far right don´t seem to realize that building walls/constant and strong border patrol is EVEN MORE EXPENSIVE. Even in the short term, not to mention the long run loss and piling up of costs.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:19 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:That's not how to request asylum. And no I'm not saying we should shoot them.

You have to be on US territory to start the process to to get asylum.

They can go to a US embassy for that.
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:19 pm

Renolia wrote:
Azurius wrote:

Please explain.

To imply that the cause for Germany's debt decreasing is immigrants is absurd. Look at Italy, Greece, Spain, France, or nearly any other European country. Why do we not see this same decrease? Do you think that perhaps there are other things impacting Germany's debt?

It still shows that immigrants don't have all that much effect on debt.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:20 pm

Azurius wrote:
Renolia wrote:

And you from the far right don´t seem to realize that building walls/constant and strong border patrol is EVEN MORE EXPENSIVE. Even in the short term, not to mention the long run loss and piling up of costs.

...where did anyone say anything about walls???
Just A Little though

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:20 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:You have to be on US territory to start the process to to get asylum.

They can go to a US embassy for that.

Hmm, how many people are in that group again. I doubt the embassy could take all that many people.
Just A Little though

Renolia
Spokesperson

Postby Renolia » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:21 pm

Azurius wrote:
Renolia wrote:

OOF you just called me a far righter. That is AMAZING! Shall I start calling you a commie?

Harelia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Harelia » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:21 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Harelia wrote:

Mainly in agriculture, although they also are a main part of the workforce in a few other areas.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2 ... feff27492a

How much you wanna bet those farms don't exactly advertise their employment opportunities to the American public?

Also, prisoners doing some good honest labor? Hell yea!

I mean hell, I'd be more than happy to get down in the dirt and work the fields, considering that's how I grew up. But giving inmates a means to contribute back is always a plus.

Renolia
Spokesperson

Postby Renolia » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:22 pm

The South Falls wrote:
Renolia wrote:

It still shows that immigrants don't have all that much effect on debt.

My point. He seems to be implying that immigrants are the reason Germany's debt is decreasing. Forgive me if I wasn't clear in my initial post.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:23 pm

Renolia wrote:
Azurius wrote:

OOF you just called me a far righter. That is AMAZING! Shall I start calling you a commie?

That would be accurate.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Harelia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Harelia » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:23 pm

Trumptonium1 wrote:
Harelia wrote:

I think it is perfectly reasonable to say that it's okay for people to come to do jobs that Americans won't do. Like voting Democrat.

*WHEEZE*

I like you.

Azurius
Diplomat

Postby Azurius » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:23 pm

Renolia wrote:
Azurius wrote:

Please explain.

1: Lmao these countries only took in a fraction of those Germany did xD

2: Actually their economies are doing better since if you paid attention to the news, with the exception of Greece that has been fucking for over a decade now.

3: What´s the reason then? Our policies 2015 are literaly the same neo-liberal policies as since 2003 already. Our debt has been increasing for over 30 fucking years and suddenly when we accept a huge wave of immigrants in 2015 for the first time in more then half a century our debt falls like no tommorrow suddenly?

Yeah, sure, just a coincidence xD It´s not just that our debt is falling but the rate at which it is falling is actualy a small miracle in itself.

Anyway hey anyone with Honduran or Guetemalan families: Spread the word to go to Germany if you can afford... Yeah pretty racist at times etc... But seriously? You´re better off here then there lmao. And for us your workforce is better off here too, win-win ;)

Azurius
Diplomat

Postby Azurius » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:25 pm

Renolia wrote:
The South Falls wrote:It still shows that immigrants don't have all that much effect on debt.

My point. He seems to be implying that immigrants are the reason Germany's debt is decreasing. Forgive me if I wasn't clear in my initial post.

1: You still can´t argue against it.

2: You imply that immigrants ruin economy and increase costs, when actual reality and numbers in Europe show you the exact opposite. But nice try to twist around your own backing into a corner.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General