NATION

PASSWORD

Thousands of Hondurans heading toward the US

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What should be done when it comes to the Hondurans heading toward the US

Let them into the US
30%
Do not let any of them into the US
42%
Its Mexico's problem so let them handle it
11%
US needs to liberate Honduras
11%
Not Sure
5%

Total votes : 619

Renolia
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 15, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Renolia » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:53 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
Okay, that thing you're doing was on purpose.

What are you talking about?
Renolia wrote:
You wot?

Yes, either México, America or an organization give plane tickets to the immigrants so that they can immigrate legally. This is only for those who have not been able to pass through México.

But again, why do they have the obligation to pay for their immigration?

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:54 pm

Renolia wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:What are you talking about?

Yes, either México, America or an organization give plane tickets to the immigrants so that they can immigrate legally. This is only for those who have not been able to pass through México.

1: So the immigrants don't do anything illegal or harmful
2: Because saving/helping lives is a good thing
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:55 pm

Renolia wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
It's Kubumba's other account. He does this shit all the freaking time.

I figured, but the reply still doesn't make sense.

Yeah, I thought this was the first time he pulled this crap on you lol.
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Renolia
Spokesperson

Postby Renolia » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:57 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Renolia wrote:

Point one almost makes it seem like a sort of bribe. "We'll pay you if you don't do anything illegal". Point two may be correct, but at what point do you draw the line? If we paid for every person who wanted help we would be out of money in no time. We have our own concerns to worry about as well.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
Okay, that thing you're doing was on purpose.

What are you talking about?
Renolia wrote:
You wot?

You switching to your two accounts every now and then.
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Kanadorika
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kanadorika » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Renolia wrote:

1: It's up to the immigrants to behave and not commit crimes. If they can't do this too bad.
2: Our obligations lie in American citizens, not randoms from across the globe.
☠ JOIN ETHARIA. I'M NO LONGER ASKING ☠
Almost exclusively on discord these days. Everything here is outdated.
Welcome to Kanadorika! From the Arctic tundra of Leirhofn to the sandy dunes of Gulland, we have it all.
Treko wrote:"You look Kanadorikan! The women are usually tall with big breasts! you fit that description."

Renolia
Spokesperson

Postby Renolia » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:59 pm

Kanadorika wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:1: So the immigrants don't do anything illegal or harmful

1: It's up to the immigrants to behave and not commit crimes. If they can't do this too bad.

I just have to call you out on point 2, since Honduras is hardly "across the globe" lol. But the point still stands.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:00 pm

Kanadorika wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:1: So the immigrants don't do anything illegal or harmful

We will have to deal with them no matter what, and at our own expense.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:01 pm

Balnik wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
Way to miss the point, where we've explained repeatedly how they're not "illegally flooding into a country" - for one thing Mexico was processing them crossing the border like any other migrants.

"A number of migrants jumped into the Suchiate river to reach rafts"
"Many of the migrants temporarily broke through barriers on a bridge which crosses the river border between Guatemala and Mexico." Sounds like attempts to illegally trespass and immigrate to me. What would have happen should the police not have been there?

This eight year old video shows how easy it is to cross the Suchiate river. This really short video shows the Suchiate river from the Mexican side. You can see the famous bridge we have mentioned in the far distance. Mostly Guatemalan store owners cross the river into Mexico in order to buy cheaper priced goods to take back and re-sell in Guatemala. In doing this they are cheating the Guatemalan tax laws.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8aHS7LIN0Y
Last edited by Rio Cana on Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Our National Love SongOur Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:02 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:

You're just now realizing I do that on purpose???
Sheesh, does have short-term memory or something? :p
Last edited by El-Amin Caliphate on Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:02 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Kanadorika wrote:

We will have to deal with them no matter what, and at our own expense.

Yeah, we could send the Army National Guard to the border.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:03 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:We will have to deal with them no matter what, and at our own expense.

Which will still cost money...a lot of money. And...what exactly will they do when they are there?
Last edited by Neutraligon on Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just A Little though

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:04 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:

You're just now realizing I do that on purpose???

I only knew that you do it, and suspected why. But thanks for confirming it I guess. How this hasn't been made against NSG rules is beyond me.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Balnik
Envoy

Founded: Mar 10, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Balnik » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:05 pm

Rio Cana wrote:
Balnik wrote:
"A number of migrants jumped into the Suchiate river to reach rafts"
"Many of the migrants temporarily broke through barriers on a bridge which crosses the river border between Guatemala and Mexico." Sounds like attempts to illegally trespass and immigrate to me. What would have happen should the police not have been there?

This eight year old video shows how easy it is to cross the Suchiate river. This really short video shows the Suchiate river from the Mexican side. You can see the famous bridge we have mentioned in the far distance. Mostly Guatemalan store owners cross the river into Mexico in order to buy cheaper priced goods to take back and re-sell in Guatemala. In doing this they are cheating the Guatemalan tax laws.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8aHS7LIN0Y

Cool trivia
Literal Nationalist

Oilworker & Albertan Proud

Renolia
Spokesperson

Postby Renolia » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:06 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:You're just now realizing I do that on purpose???

I only knew that you do it, and suspected why. But thanks for confirming it I guess. How this hasn't been made against NSG rules is beyond me.

"No switching accounts mid-conversation to continue it... Doing so upsets Chernoslavia" Punishment: Lifetime IP ban.

Magi Rome
Civilian

Founded: Oct 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Magi Rome » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:06 pm

Why would they want to enter to such a crappy country? If I'm Latino I would stay in Mexico. Disinformation is killing USA, open your eyes, Honduras is a hellhole and a lot of those people are doing the job that Americans wouldn't do, they can even teach Spanish to your people

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:07 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:

Which will still cost money...a lot of money. And...what exactly will they do when they are there?

Help out the border patrol to stop them from illegally migrating, scare them away with their guns.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:08 pm

Magi Rome wrote:Why would they want to enter to such a crappy country? If I'm Latino I would stay in Mexico. Disinformation is killing USA, open your eyes, Honduras is a hellhole and a lot of those people are doing the job that Americans wouldn't do, they can even teach Spanish to your people

You notice the US is one of the most stable nations on earth, right?

This is where the right gets their idea of 100% of the left.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Azurius
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 18, 2014

Postby Azurius » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:10 pm

Renolia wrote:

If they pax taxes, work in low income jobs and stimulate the economy, balance out the unhealthy ageing of your nation... Tell me please: How exactly are you paying for them? Seems more that they are paying you and your economy for the privilige to live and work there.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:10 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:Which will still cost money...a lot of money. And...what exactly will they do when they are there?

Help out the border patrol to stop them from illegally migrating, scare them away with their guns.

To request asylum they mist first enter the US. Are you saying they should prevent people who may be seeking asylum from entering the US? AS to scaring people away with guns, how would you do that. I am pretty sure shooting at civilians to scare them away when they pose no physical danger is illegal.
Last edited by Neutraligon on Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just A Little though

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:10 pm

Renolia wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:

"No switching accounts mid-conversation to continue it... Doing so upsets Chernoslavia" Punishment: Lifetime IP ban.

Yesh! Punish them all.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Kowani
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:11 pm

Magi Rome wrote:Why would they want to enter to such a crappy country? If I'm Latino I would stay in Mexico. Disinformation is killing USA, open your eyes, Honduras is a hellhole and a lot of those people are doing the job that Americans wouldn't do, they can even teach Spanish to your people

I mean, the Caravan’s going from Honduras to the US through Mexico...
American History and Historiography; Political and Labour History, Urbanism, Political Parties, Congressional Procedure, Elections.

Servant of The Democracy since 1896.

Historian, of sorts.

Effortposts can be found here!

Azurius
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 18, 2014

Postby Azurius » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:12 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:

Sorting out the criminals, letting the decent people in and letting them work etc. actually rakes in revenue.

If not gee, I guess Germanies debts ought to have skyrocketed since 2015 since we´re letting lots of em in... Wait what? Oh, seems our debts are in a skyfall since 2015. But surely, our debt is falling because immigrants cost oh so much :clap:

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:12 pm

Would be funny if they kept marching through the US to Canada.
Just A Little though

Harelia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Harelia » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:12 pm

Where are all these jobs that American's turn their nose up at with such intense disdain, I wonder? Sounds like it's somewhere in Makebelieve, Oklahoma.

To assume there are jobs American's wouldn't do is just ridiculous and nonsensical. I know several people that would give their own arms to be able to work a field.

I feel like you're just trying to play at satire though with following up "Disinformation is killing USA" with actual disinformation.
I've apparently fixed Harelia's economy. I guess I'm good at that now, or something. Probably not. I should sell cats...

I'm aware I have no Factbooks. That's because I'm terrible at making them. Want some facts? Here's some facts.
Fun Fact: Harelia is better than you and also we have pizza. Also our leader is a rabbit man with soft fur who likes to snuggle and eat pancakes.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General