NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread XIV: Join the Friendkorps

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Frievolk
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:01 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Frievolk wrote:Nah, I'm just anti-Arab on a Middle Eastern geopolitical debate and prefer that their influence (and presence) is limited to the Arabian Peninsula, preferably not even there. And yes, I do mean Arab as in "a State that is a member of the Arab League".

Where are you from, btw, if you don't mind me asking.

Iran, where else? (And did the "Iranian Nationalist" not give it away? :p)
OOC
Libertarian Constitutionalist
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates
♔ The Frievolker Empire || Frievolker Kaiserreik
♔ The Realm in the Sun || De Reik in de Sonne
♔ Led by Kaiser Johann, Part of the Erstwelt
Never forget that the Muslims literally made up a new meaningless name for him when they forgot the name of Adam's Firstborn.

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:03 am

Frievolk wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:Where are you from, btw, if you don't mind me asking.

That explains the anti-Arab stance, I guess. Well, even though our ancestors were enemies and rivals in the ancient past, I have a lot of respect for Persian civilization.

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:08 am

Frievolk wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:Where are you from, btw, if you don't mind me asking.

I take it from your pro-Israeli stance that you're no fan of the current Islamic Republic regime?

Frievolk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:14 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Frievolk wrote:Iran, where else? (And did the "Iranian Nationalist" not give it away? :p)

I take it from your pro-Israeli stance that you're no fan of the current Islamic Republic regime?

Those two aren't necessarily related :p
OOC
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates
Never forget that the Muslims literally made up a new meaningless name for him when they forgot the name of Adam's Firstborn.

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:20 am

Frievolk wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:I take it from your pro-Israeli stance that you're no fan of the current Islamic Republic regime?

But nonetheless true?

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:20 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Frievolk wrote:Iran, where else? (And did the "Iranian Nationalist" not give it away? :p)

Many Iranian nationalist are not. The current regime has focused on Islamic identity and deliberately attempted to undermine pre Islamic Iranian identity.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:22 am

Novus America wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:I take it from your pro-Israeli stance that you're no fan of the current Islamic Republic regime?

Many Iranian nationalist are not. The current regime has focused on Islamic identity and deliberately attempted to undermine pre Islamic Iranian identity.

Are you Iranian too?

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:24 am

Novus America wrote:

And that's a shame. Iran has a very rich history and culture prior to the Islamic Conquest of the Sassanid Empire. I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that the Islamic Republic regime dethroned the Shah, who was always referencing Iran's ancient past. Am I far off?

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:25 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Novus America wrote:

Are you Iranian too?

No. But I am aware of some of the issues regarding Iranian nationalism.
Also the regime killed a lot of nationalists.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:29 am

Novus America wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:Are you Iranian too?

Because they supported the Shah's regime, right?

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:33 am

Frievolk wrote:

In your opinion, would it have been better if Shah Mohamed Reza Pahlavi hadn't been overthrown in the 1979 Revolution? Would Iran have been better off under the Shah?

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:38 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Novus America wrote:

And that's a shame. Iran has a very rich history and culture prior to the Islamic Conquest of the Sassanid Empire. I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that the Islamic Republic regime dethroned the Shah, who was always referencing Iran's ancient past. Am I far off?

Certainly that played a role. The Shah tried to recreate an Iranian identity less dependent on Islam and the Islamists opposed that. It also is based on the fact that many Islamist consider pre Islamic society inherently immoral and inferior and also the Iranian regime also wants to expand beyond Iran, it wants an identity that applies across Shia Islam, not just Iran.

The “Iranian Republican Guard” does not actually use Iran or Iranian anywhere in its name which is actually “the Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution”.

They have pan (Shia mostly) Islamic leanings.
Iranian Nationalism is contrary to Pan Islamism.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:41 am

Novus America wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:And that's a shame. Iran has a very rich history and culture prior to the Islamic Conquest of the Sassanid Empire. I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that the Islamic Republic regime dethroned the Shah, who was always referencing Iran's ancient past. Am I far off?

Certainly that played a role. The Shah tried to recreate an Iranian identity less dependent on Islam and the Islamists opposed that. It also is based on the fact that many Islamist consider pre Islamic society inherently immoral and inferior and also the Iranian regime also wants to expand beyond Iran, it wants an identity that applies across Shia Islam, not just Iran.

The “Iranian Republican Guard” does not actually use Iran or Iranian anywhere in its name which is actually “the Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution”.

Interesting. Do these Iranian nationalists have any ambitions to integrate former regions of the Persian dominion?

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:42 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Novus America wrote:

Because they supported the Shah's regime, right?

Not all nationalists supported the Shah’s regime.
The Islamists killed, jailed and exiled many opposed to the Shah.
Anyone they though could be a threat to their regime.

They treated other anti Shah groups just as badly as pro Shah ones.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:45 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Novus America wrote:

Interesting. Do these Iranian nationalists have any ambitions to integrate former regions of the Persian dominion?

I am sure some do, but probably most do not.

It is something like the relationship between the Soviet Union and Russian nationalism pre Stalin.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Frievolk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:48 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Frievolk wrote:Those two aren't necessarily related :p

In your opinion, would it have been better if Shah Mohamed Reza Pahlavi hadn't been overthrown in the 1979 Revolution? Would Iran have been better off under the Shah?

Literally anything would've been better than what we got. Even a Marxist Leninist takeover.
OOC
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:22 am

Frievolk wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:In your opinion, would it have been better if Shah Mohamed Reza Pahlavi hadn't been overthrown in the 1979 Revolution? Would Iran have been better off under the Shah?

Literally anything would've been better than what we got. Even a Marxist Leninist takeover.

Didn't that almost happen?

Frievolk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:33 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Frievolk wrote:Literally anything would've been better than what we got. Even a Marxist Leninist takeover.

Didn't that almost happen?

Not really. Despite its loudness and despite the fact there were a lot of Marxists (and I do mean Marxist-Leninists and Islamic-Marxists, rather than the more libertarian sorts), they never really had a chance.
OOC
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates

Sicaris
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sicaris » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:43 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Novus America wrote:

Are you Iranian too?

I have an Iranian friend who’s against the current regime and it’s erasure of Iranian history in favor of the more recent Islamic side.

He’s said just about the same thing as Novus.
This country doesn’t represent my political views.
Three Principles of the People is a good book.
8values
Political Compass
PolitiScales
I’m an American nationalist, ultra-capitalist, Kemalist, and First and Second Amendment extremist. Alexander Hamilton and Ronald Reagan are my gods and I will incessantly worship them.

No, basement dwellers of the world, communism does not work.

“If you are born poor, it’s not your mistake; but if you die poor, it’s your mistake.”

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:45 am

Sicaris wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:Are you Iranian too?

I have an Iranian friend who’s against the current regime and it’s erasure of Iranian history in favor of the more recent Islamic side.

In hindsight, the ideal situation for the Middle East would've been the survival of the Byzantine Empire, the Persian Shahdom (with God knows what dynasty), and the Russian Empire. A 3 way, alliance of Monarchs to keep out Western Powers and stop the Caliphate at the same time.

Hakons
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Hakons » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:59 am

The wife of Vice President Mike Pence is being criticized for... (shuffles cards)... teaching at a Christian private school?

Sorry, the media prefers to call Christian schools anti-LGBT.
“All elements of the national life must be made to drink in the Life which proceedeth from Him: legislation, political institutions, education, marriage and family life, capital and labour.” —Pope Leo XIII

Sicaris
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sicaris » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:00 am

Hakons wrote:The wife of Vice President Mike Pence is being criticized for... (shuffles cards)... teaching at a Christian private school?

lmao
This country doesn’t represent my political views.
Three Principles of the People is a good book.
8values
Political Compass
PolitiScales
I’m an American nationalist, ultra-capitalist, Kemalist, and First and Second Amendment extremist. Alexander Hamilton and Ronald Reagan are my gods and I will incessantly worship them.

No, basement dwellers of the world, communism does not work.

“If you are born poor, it’s not your mistake; but if you die poor, it’s your mistake.”

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:10 am

Hakons wrote:The wife of Vice President Mike Pence is being criticized for... (shuffles cards)... teaching at a Christian private school?

Why am I not even surprised at this point?

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:24 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Sicaris wrote:

In hindsight, the ideal situation for the Middle East would've been the survival of the Byzantine Empire, the Persian Shahdom (with God knows what dynasty), and the Russian Empire. A 3 way, alliance of Monarchs to keep out Western Powers and stop the Caliphate at the same time.

No.

Hmmmmmm

I'm on the fence about that school.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:25 am

Frievolk wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:Didn't that almost happen?

Not really. Despite its loudness and despite the fact there were a lot of Marxists (and I do mean Marxist-Leninists and Islamic-Marxists, rather than the more libertarian sorts), they never really had a chance.

Why not?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General