NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread XIV: Join the Friendkorps

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:58 pm

Napkiraly wrote:No regrets for this sig btw lads. None at all.

Not my sig, but I feel proud knowing that others are against such acts.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Reikoku
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Reikoku » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:58 pm

Benuty wrote:In regards to whether or not children are “up in the air” about their gender any attempts at surgery should wait until much later. I would rather have a teenager or someone close to legal adulthood decide. It’s their decision to sterilize themselves if they pursue surgery after all. Yet with children...I would rather avoid lawsuits in the making especially when someone grows up, and realizes they (most likely their parents) made the wrong decision.

The standard at the present time is that teenagers can take puberty blockers until they've reached the age where they can make informed medical decisions. I've never met anyone who advocates nine year olds getting sex change operations and if they do... well, I have some unkind words for them that wouldn't really be within the rules to state, but these advocates would be such a small minority, no one would take them seriously.

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:59 pm

Benuty wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:>Looks up
Please give me someone else, PLEAAAAASSEEEE!!!!!

As for what happened in that thread, I think there was a bunch of misunderstanding on both sides.
1: Desmond shouldn't be in a bar. He a minor. And even if he was a major he still shouldn't've been in that bar or any bars.
2: I can understand the sentiment of him "stripping", considering he wear skimpy clothing, had a bunch of make-up on, was dancing and had money thrown at him. What I have not found is the claim by certain nations up here that he was dancing in a sexual manner. If he was dancing in a sexual manner it'd be pedophilia and would be more messed up than it is now. But if not, then he's just dancing in women's clothing in a bar in money being thrown at him, which makes this kinda weird. Also, according to wiki, the kid some kind of autism so the parents really shouldn't be pressuring him to do a certain career.

In regards to drag shows people will often hand them money in a similar manner to strip shows. Given drag shows are grotesque mockeries of women for the sake of humor it can still have certain elements that don’t hide what they are.

Yeah there probs were some people in the crowd who got aroused by Desmond, but I don't think that was the goal of his performance. It's just very, very too close to the line of pedophilia.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:00 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Benuty wrote:In regards to whether or not children are “up in the air” about their gender any attempts at surgery should wait until much later. I would rather have a teenager or someone close to legal adulthood decide. It’s their decision to sterilize themselves if they pursue surgery after all. Yet with children...I would rather avoid lawsuits in the making especially when someone grows up, and realizes they (most likely their parents) made the wrong decision.

If you can't get a tattoo, you can't get your dick lopped off sounds like a highly reasonable rule.

Tattoos are honestly overrated trash...nearly everyone I see in the streets has some form of then. You aren’t being unique by getting one unless you go all out by practically wearing them.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:00 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:I think most kids have some understanding of their gender and sexual orientation. Studies show a high correlation between trans individuals and realizing that something's "off" about their situation when young. I certainly had some understanding of my sexuality as far back as I can remember, even if I wouldn't have expressed it in such explicit terms.

I remember not understanding attraction very well but thinking certain girls were nice to look at, although not in so many words. I do remember an understanding that I would eventually be expected to find them attractive, but actually wanting to spend time around them didn't make a whole lot of sense.
It didn't even cross my mind that I might be bi until puberty though.
I'm cis as hell, so it's not likely that I would have any idea what trans kids/being off would have to do with it. No two cents there.

It really depends on the person, I was very much aware that I was attracted to girls. and very much aware of the nature of that attraction, by the time I was six or seven.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:02 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:
Napkiraly wrote:No regrets for this sig btw lads. None at all.

Rip Nap though.
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Hrythingland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hrythingland » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:05 pm

Benuty wrote:
Diopolis wrote:If you can't get a tattoo, you can't get your dick lopped off sounds like a highly reasonable rule.

Tattoos are honestly overrated trash...nearly everyone I see in the streets has some form of then. You aren’t being unique by getting one unless you go all out by practically wearing them.

I have my unit insignia on my left shoulder since we all got it.
Kingdom of the Hrythingas
Hrýðingríċe
ᛒᛠᛚᚢᚳᚹᛠᛚᛘ ᚢᚾᚹᛖᚩᚱᚦᛋᚳᛁᛈᛖ ᛒᛖᚠᚩᚱᚪᚾ

SAXON NATIONALISM|WODENISM|MARTIALISM

State type: Elective Monarchy
Leader: Hrythwealda (King) Wynmar II, Earl of Ashwold,
Capital: Ingwineburgh
Language: Hrystic (Old English)
Religion: Holy Wodenic Rite
Characteristics: Isolationist, mercantile, conservative, rural, deeply religious
Industries: sheep/beef agriculture, fishing, offshore oil, financial services

Reikoku
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Reikoku » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:05 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Diopolis wrote:I remember not understanding attraction very well but thinking certain girls were nice to look at, although not in so many words. I do remember an understanding that I would eventually be expected to find them attractive, but actually wanting to spend time around them didn't make a whole lot of sense.

I was always very fond of girls as friends in addition to finding older girls nice to look at. I wouldn't have considered myself having some bi tendencies until much later in life but that was due to a general understanding that it was 'wrong' rather than a lack of attraction. Ignore it and it will go away sort of thing.

As awkward as it is to say, God I missed you.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:09 pm

Telconi wrote:
Diopolis wrote:I remember not understanding attraction very well but thinking certain girls were nice to look at, although not in so many words. I do remember an understanding that I would eventually be expected to find them attractive, but actually wanting to spend time around them didn't make a whole lot of sense.
I'm cis as hell, so it's not likely that I would have any idea what trans kids/being off would have to do with it. No two cents there.

It really depends on the person, I was very much aware that I was attracted to girls. and very much aware of the nature of that attraction, by the time I was six or seven.

I don't think (in most cases) that you can get ideas about your sexuality until you've reached the beginning of puberty (sperm in boys, periods in girls).
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:09 pm

Reikoku wrote:As awkward as it is to say, God I missed you.

Ha. Been working. Seems like every time I come back this place is filled with more radtrads and alt-righters though.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:10 pm

Ha. Been working. Seems like every time I come back this place is filled with more radtrads and alt-righters though.

Given the disgruntlement with the system I am honestly not surprised.

Hrythingland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Hrythingland » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:12 pm

Radtrad check I suppose.
Hrýðingríċe

Characteristics: Isolationist, mercantile, conservative, rural, deeply religious

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:12 pm

Benuty wrote:Given the disgruntlement with the system I am honestly not surprised.

More people should turn to radical liberalism instead. It's like normal liberalism but with guillotines. Good stuff! Solves all your problems!
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:14 pm

Benuty wrote:Given the disgruntlement with the system I am honestly not surprised.

More people should turn to radical liberalism instead. It's like normal liberalism but with guillotines. Good stuff! Solves all your problems!

I'mean curious as to how one goes about liberally decapitating those they disagree with.
Last edited by Telconi on Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:14 pm

Benuty wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:

Rip Nap though.

Undoubtedly so, good chap.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:14 pm

Hrythingland wrote:
Benuty wrote:Tattoos are honestly overrated trash...nearly everyone I see in the streets has some form of then. You aren’t being unique by getting one unless you go all out by practically wearing them.

I have my unit insignia on my left shoulder since we all got it.

That's not quite as trashy. But tattooing in general seems wrong.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Hrythingland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Hrythingland » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:16 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Hrythingland wrote:I have my unit insignia on my left shoulder since we all got it.

Large tattoes are quite vulgar, as are many. A small symbol however that actually means something to you personally or wider group however I would say is fine.
Hrýðingríċe

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:17 pm

Hrythingland wrote:
Diopolis wrote:That's not quite as trashy. But tattooing in general seems wrong.

Large tattoes are quite vulgar, as are many. A small symbol however that actually means something to you personally or wider group however I would say is fine.

Especially if it's covered when wearing clothes.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:52 pm

Ok, so let's review the rules regarding Harassment/Griefing. To wit:

Harassment/Griefing: Harassing/griefing a nation or region because of their words or actions is forbidden regardless - in telegrams, Regional Messageboard (RMB) posts, and on the forums.
*Accusations of misconduct that may bring real world repercussions outside of NationStates do not belong in public spaces on NationStates and will be punished as harassment. Players may post, in general terms, about factual repercussions taken in response (I.e. removal from a region or regional position), but may not go into details or link to material that does.

Napkiraly, *** DEAT for ***

Benuty, *** One day ban for ***

Thread re-opened.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:55 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Hrythingland wrote:I have my unit insignia on my left shoulder since we all got it.

Why?
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Mardla
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Mardla » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:56 pm

Dumb Ideologies wrote:It's absolutely the case that paedophiles were openly involved in the gay liberation movement from the 60s up to the 80s. A common enemy in the criminalising establishment and the emergence of wacky deconstructive philosophy created a moment where people stupidly thought that liberation could be achieved by total freedom for every individual to do what they wanted sexually with drastically unbalanced power dynamics through age just being another form of kink to be enabled for m a x i m u m f r e e d o m.

The ever-wonderful phenomenon of respectability politics meant that they were soon kicked out once the establishment showed a willingness to play nice with the moderates. But it is an instructive lesson. Wherever there's a big conversation about sexuality, gender and age they will try to insert themselves into it.

We're very aware of how difficult it is for queer people growing up. Well-meaning but naive middle class parents overcompensate? The nonces pop up to try to pull it into spectacles like that disgusting drag show. Queer advocacy online? Hello nomaps, the "inoffensive" version where surely the poor innocent people who don't act on their urges should be sympathised wit- oh look a large portion of them are ex-offenders or still active.

It's not an inevitable slippery slope from gay marriage to normalising paedophilia but they are an insidious menace (look how they've historically wormed their way into politics, religious institutions, and the entertainment industry). It stands to reason that they'd try particularly to worm their way into movements with grievances against the sex/sexuality/gender status quo.

Although the "Pride" movement has partly been sanitised into a marginally preferable lifestyle choice to sell branded shit to, the hardcore liberationists with sympathies to this sort of thing are still a factor. And the recent rise of queer theory, drawing on the methodology and arguments of the postmodernists who were originally sympathetic to or active participants in the paedophile movements, is definitely an issue.

But they've got further with it before and were kicked into touch enough for some people to think this is a new thing. So there's nothing inevitable about them being successful in normalising this or the wider community not kicking them out again when they wake up to it.

First wave pedoism of course came out of the sexual revolution. Second wave came up after the end of the pedo scare (we all remember the Paedofinder General). The difference, as I said before, is the the first wave focused on "liberating" adults, whereas the second chooses the angle of "liberating" kids
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Reikoku
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Reikoku » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:57 pm

Can't give up spiritualist nationalism, sorry. :p

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:57 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
Because it is the norm. Transsexuality and homosexuality are both very small minorities. Odds are most people's kids won't be homosexual or transexual.

And the thing is, kids won't really know if they're outside that norm until they're pubescent anyway.

Wrong. Children can and have been able to identify that they are homosexual or transsexual at ages preceding puberty. I knew I was well before puberty.

Perhaps, but that does not mean every case where a kid "seems" gay means that they are.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Mardla
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Mardla » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:58 pm

The First French Republic would be considered ultra conservative, even "fascist", today.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:59 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Diopolis wrote:That's not quite as trashy. But tattooing in general seems wrong.

Why?

Religious reasons mostly. I know that tattoos are a no no in Judaism, still didn’t stop me from getting one
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General