NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread XIV: Join the Friendkorps

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mardla
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Mardla » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:17 am

Mattopilos II wrote:
Mardla wrote:I think there is a bit of a difference between some using it, and it being accepted as reasonable by the right generally. But that's where you have gone, so here we are.

Depends who we mean by the right, and whether we agree that it is an actual entity.

American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Mattopilos II
Minister

Founded: Feb 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos II » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:42 am

Mardla wrote:
Mattopilos II wrote:
Depends who we mean by the right, and whether we agree that it is an actual entity.

Let it be known that trying to work out semantics before an argument means I am Jordan Peterson. At least try and be original.
Anarchist without adjectives, Post-Leftist, Anti-theist, STEM major.
“Whoever will be free must make himself free. Freedom is no fairy gift to fall into a man's lap. What is freedom? To have the will to be responsible for one's self.” - Max Stirner
“The victory of a moral ideal is achieved by the same ‘immoral’ means as every victory: force, lies, slander, injustice.” - Nietzsche
“Our duties - are the rights of others over us.” - Nietzsche

Mardla
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mardla » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:46 am

Mattopilos II wrote:
Mardla wrote:

Let it be known that trying to work out semantics before an argument means I am Jordan Peterson. At least try and be original.

Yes, I have an idea how that might go.

"Let's just try to grasp the being of the preliminaries by ascribing their limits and significance. Our common understanding will provide a basis for our search for truth."

Two minutes later into the discussion

"All being that's not on the periodic table is a spook and fake."
Last edited by Mardla on Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Mattopilos II
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos II » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:13 am

Mardla wrote:
Mattopilos II wrote:

Yes, I have an idea how that might go.

"Let's just try to grasp the being of the preliminaries by ascribing their limits and significance. Our common understanding will provide a basis for our search for truth."

Muddying the water seems to be your forefront. Also being terrible at reading people. If you don't want a discussion and just want to fuck around, just say so.
“Whoever will be free must make himself free. Freedom is no fairy gift to fall into a man's lap. What is freedom? To have the will to be responsible for one's self.” - Max Stirner
“The victory of a moral ideal is achieved by the same ‘immoral’ means as every victory: force, lies, slander, injustice.” - Nietzsche

Mardla
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mardla » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:15 am

Mattopilos II wrote:
Mardla wrote:Yes, I have an idea how that might go.

Muddying the water seems to be your forefront. Also being terrible at reading people. If you don't want a discussion and just want to fuck around, just say so.

I don't want to have a discussion where "the left" means everyone on the left and "the right" means anyone who happens to hold right-wing views, because that is some bullshit qualification restriction for statements.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Mattopilos II
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos II » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:17 am

Mardla wrote:
Mattopilos II wrote:

I don't want to have a discussion where "the left" means everyone on the left and "the right" means anyone who happens to hold right-wing views, because that is some bullshit qualification restriction for statements.

I never made that distinction. I am sorry you are so far up your arse that you are willing to assume I was the one who bred that view here, but all it does is piss me off. Go pretend to read someone elses mind, I ain't enjoying your bullshit.

Mardla
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mardla » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:19 am

Mattopilos II wrote:
Mardla wrote:I don't want to have a discussion where "the left" means everyone on the left and "the right" means anyone who happens to hold right-wing views, because that is some bullshit qualification restriction for statements.

I never made that distinction. I am sorry you are so far up your arse that you are willing to assume I was the one who bred that view here, but all it does is piss me off. Go pretend to read someone elses mind, I ain't enjoying your bullshit.

I don't enjoy you condoning using intimidation and harassment to silence political opposition, but then, here we are.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Mattopilos II
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos II » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:21 am

Mardla wrote:
Mattopilos II wrote:

I don't enjoy you condoning using intimidation and harassment to silence political opposition, but then, here we are.

You, a liar wrote:I think the major failing on the right is that we're still stuck in the mindset of discourse. It's clearly escalated beyond that at this point.

Kindly piss off.

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:24 am

Mardla wrote:
Herskerstad wrote:
Sure there is, plenty of intimidation is lawful.

You didn't say intimidation, period. You said fear tactics with something threatening implied. Putting a burning cross on someone's lawn is terrorism, legally.

Not always. Fear tactics with something threatening implied often falls under for example blackmail. Blackmail is not always illegal either. If I saw some kids vandalising my fence, I could threaten them by saying I will call the police unless they restore it. A pundit could likewise probably say " White people should keep their mouths shut because a day of reckoning is coming." Could be plenty of rationales, including religious ones and inferring to God's judgement. It's completely true that activity that forms strongly historical norms towards illegal activity, such as cross burning, can be ruled as terrorism in the US. Does not mean Kuwait would do the same.

That being said, judicially speaking terrorism has no universally agreed upon omni definition. It's used differently from legal body to legal body. Sometimes in it's own legal codes that have specific acts in play and sometimes as a term that supplements the very acts themselves to increase punishments.
Last edited by Herskerstad on Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

Mardla
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mardla » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:27 am

Herskerstad wrote:
Mardla wrote:You didn't say intimidation, period. You said fear tactics with something threatening implied. Putting a burning cross on someone's lawn is terrorism, legally.

Not always. Intimidation with something threatening implied often falls under for example blackmail. Blackmail is not always illegal either. If I saw some kids vandalising my fence, I could threaten them by saying I will call the police unless they restore it. A pundit could likewise probably say " White people should keep their mouths shut because a day of reckoning is coming." Could be plenty of rationales, including religious ones and inferring to God's judgement. It's completely true that activity that forms strongly historical norms towards illegal activity, such as cross burning, can be ruled as terrorism in the US. Does not mean Kuwait would do the same.

That being said, judicially speaking terrorism has no universally agreed upon omni definition. It's used differently from legal body to legal body. Sometimes in it's own legal codes that have specific acts in play and sometimes as a term that supplements the very acts themselves to increase punishments.

If I go on your property and threaten you and try to break down your door, is that legal?
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Mardla
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mardla » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:28 am

Herskerstad wrote: Fear tactics with something threatening implied often falls under for example blackmail.

Nah, that's threatening to disclose compromising information specifically, very little outside of that.
Last edited by Mardla on Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:31 am

Mardla wrote:
Herskerstad wrote:
Not always. Intimidation with something threatening implied often falls under for example blackmail. Blackmail is not always illegal either. If I saw some kids vandalising my fence, I could threaten them by saying I will call the police unless they restore it. A pundit could likewise probably say " White people should keep their mouths shut because a day of reckoning is coming." Could be plenty of rationales, including religious ones and inferring to God's judgement. It's completely true that activity that forms strongly historical norms towards illegal activity, such as cross burning, can be ruled as terrorism in the US. Does not mean Kuwait would do the same.

If I go on your property and threaten you and try to break down your door, is that legal?

No, that would generally fall under threats. Maybe false imprisonment or attempted burglary depending on the circumstances.
Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:35 am

Mardla wrote:
Herskerstad wrote: Fear tactics with something threatening implied often falls under for example blackmail.

Nah, that's threatening to disclose compromising information specifically, very little outside of that.

Quite often, but it can also relate to getting what we'd call an unsanctioned gain. I could blackmail a person to give me 100 dollars if not I will report their supposed crime to the police. Even if the crime was real, I'd still make myself liable for charges of blackmail and dereliction in regards to reporting crimes. At least here.

Mardla
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mardla » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:46 am

Herskerstad wrote:
Mardla wrote:If I go on your property and threaten you and try to break down your door, is that legal?

No, that would generally fall under threats. Maybe false imprisonment or attempted burglary depending on the circumstances.

Right, all you have to for terrorism is threats. You don't have to bomb or kill. If I put a noose on your tree, that's terrorism.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Mardla
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mardla » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:48 am

Herskerstad wrote:
Mardla wrote:Nah, that's threatening to disclose compromising information specifically, very little outside of that.

I could blackmail a person to give me 100 dollars if not I will report their supposed crime to the police.

Yes but there you have disclosing compromising information, that's required. It's quite distinct from threatening to hurt someone if they dissent.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:52 am

Mardla wrote:
Herskerstad wrote:

Right, all you have to for terrorism is threats. You don't have to bomb or kill. If I put a noose on your tree, that's terrorism.

In specific circumstances, sure, if the act promotes an already set presence or strongly implied call to violence or mass violence for example then I can think of a few nations that would have that behaviour sanctioned under terror law or the more often used heightening or lowering of existing sentences.

A guy threatening to break down anothers door probably would not be hit with a terrorism charge. I'd gladly agree that it is terrorism on a social and personal level which is every bit as real, but the legal definition differs quite from nation to nation.

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:56 am

Mardla wrote:
Herskerstad wrote: I could blackmail a person to give me 100 dollars if not I will report their supposed crime to the police.

Yes but there you have disclosing compromising information, that's required. It's quite distinct from threatening to hurt someone if they dissent.

Which would generally still fall under threats or aggrevated threats. An aggrevated threat can be as a result of terrorism, but not all aggrevated threats judicially are from acts of terrorism.

Mardla
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mardla » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:59 am

Herskerstad wrote:
Mardla wrote:Right, all you have to for terrorism is threats. You don't have to bomb or kill. If I put a noose on your tree, that's terrorism.

In specific circumstances, sure, if the act promotes an already set presence or strongly implied call to violence or mass violence for example then I can think of a few nations that would have that behaviour sanctioned under terror law or the more often used heightening or lowering of existing sentences.

A guy threatening to break down anothers door probably would not be hit with a terrorism charge. I'd gladly agree that it is terrorism on a social and personal level which is every bit as real, but the legal definition differs quite from nation to nation.

If they were doing it as a gang activity, they would certainly be charged with "street terrorism" in my state.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Arouran
Secretary

Founded: Oct 03, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arouran » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:03 am

Reikoku wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Says who? The AbrahamGod Never Said Child Marriage Was Ok,But It Was Normal To Marry At 14 Years Old.

That was actually a prophetic dream. Allah SWT told the Prophet Muhammad SAWS that his marriage to A'isha RA would happen.

If the Abrahamic God says pedophilia is acceptable even in just one instance (which considering child marriages were common back then, he did more than once) then I'm glad to believe in many gods. Shirk ftw

Arouran
Secretary

Founded: Oct 03, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Arouran » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:04 am

Arouran wrote:
Reikoku wrote:
If the Abrahamic God says pedophilia is acceptable even in just one instance (which considering child marriages were common back then, he did more than once) then I'm glad to believe in many gods. Shirk ftw

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:07 am

Mardla wrote:
Herskerstad wrote:

If they were doing it as a gang activity, they would certainly be charged with "street terrorism" in my state.

Sure, I can see where that would in many areas reach the metric of domestic terrorism, but the point still holds. Chances are in my nation they'd finger a ringleader and have the rest charged with various degrees of accessory to the aggravated threat.

Mardla
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mardla » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:23 am

Herskerstad wrote:
Mardla wrote:If they were doing it as a gang activity, they would certainly be charged with "street terrorism" in my state.

Sure, I can see where that would in many areas reach the metric of domestic terrorism, but the point still holds. Chances are in my nation they'd finger a ringleader and have the rest charged with various degrees of accessory to the aggravated threat.

Unless race was involved.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:28 am

Mardla wrote:
Herskerstad wrote:

Unless race was involved.

Sadly would probably depend on what race.

Mardla
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mardla » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:33 am

Herskerstad wrote:
Mardla wrote:Unless race was involved.

Sadly would probably depend on what race.

Or faith
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Reikoku
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Reikoku » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:17 am

Mardla wrote:Rei, do you identify as Japanese now, or...? I don't think Japanese would consider you Japanese.

I'm someone who is currently trying to get Japanese citizenship.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General