NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread XIV: Join the Friendkorps

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sirocca
Spokesperson

Founded: May 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sirocca » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:04 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Sirocca wrote:
Not if the progressive left elitists in the education and media positions have anything to say about it. :)

Really, I believe we are heading for some kind of major shock. It seems inevitable.

It's only a matter of time before even saying the word gender becomes offensive. We've already got leftists advocating for "genderless theybies".

I'm not going to lie, I think it's very frightening. Especially as a millenial.

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:06 pm

Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
..."Theybies"?

Last time I checked, the "ba-" in "baby" does not imply sex nor gender, it is a part of the word, a word that is GENDER-NEUTRAL mind you (you refer to a girl or a boy as a baby, no distinctions needed).

That's part of the reason why it is dumb. It's also pretty dumb in general to pretend like biological sex isn't a thing.

Then again, those who unironically believe in "theybies" most likely aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:16 pm

Sirocca wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:It's only a matter of time before even saying the word gender becomes offensive. We've already got leftists advocating for "genderless theybies".

I'm not going to lie, I think it's very frightening. Especially as a millenial.

Agreed. I'm a college student myself, and I can unfortunately see stuff like that becoming the norm.

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:That's part of the reason why it is dumb. It's also pretty dumb in general to pretend like biological sex isn't a thing.

Then again, those who unironically believe in "theybies" most likely aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

Agreed, but it doesn't matter. Plenty of activists will take up the cause anyway, and the pressure will become great enough that it can lead to policy. We formerly believed that people who threw around buzzwords like "microaggression" and "white privilege" would simply work in low level positions, unfortunately people like that are getting highly influential jobs instead. The same thing will probably happen with people who advocate for theybies as well.

The Greater Ohio Valley
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Greater Ohio Valley » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:24 pm

Sirocca wrote:
Not if the progressive left elitists in the education and media positions have anything to say about it. :)

Really, I believe we are heading for some kind of major shock. It seems inevitable.

It's only a matter of time before even saying the word gender becomes offensive. We've already got leftists advocating for "genderless theybies".

I mean, all in all that’s a fairly harmless thing to advocate for, and I highly doubt it’s something being widely advocated for outside whatever group or groups that advocate for it which I sense a is pretty small in number.
Last edited by The Greater Ohio Valley on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Occasionally the Neo-American States
"Choke on the ashes of your hate."
- Free speech
- Weapons rights
- Democracy
- LGBTQ+ rights
- Racial equality
- Gender/sexual equality
- Voting rights
- Universal healthcare
- Workers rights
- Drug decriminalization
- Cannabis legalization
- Due process
- Rehabilitative justice
- Religious freedom
- Choice
- Environmental protections
- Secularism
ANTI
- Fascism/Nazism
- Conservatism
- Nationalism
- Authoritarianism/Totalitarianism
- Traditionalism
- Ethnic/racial supremacy
- Racism
- Sexism
- Transphobia
- Homophobia
- Religious extremism
- Laissez-faire capitalism
- Warmongering
- Accelerationism
- Isolationism
- Theocracy
- Anti-intellectualism
- Climate change denialism

The Eternal Aulus
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Eternal Aulus » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:34 am

Sirocca wrote:
Joohan wrote:
Serious like the plague

Alex Jones has quite a lot of bullshit. Are you saying a lot of people here actually listen to him?
Are you just trying to yank me?

The line between sarcasm and actual opinion is very thin in here.
Muslim
Islamist
And, behold, with every hardship comes ease: - Quran 94:5
RWDT's favorite Dutchman. A middle school teacher in philosophy and religion.
RIP Joch 12/11/2017 - DoS - 2young2bdeleted

Gospel Power
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Gospel Power » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:40 am

Tag

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:29 am

Gospel Power wrote:Tag

We have the "bookmark topic" function for a reason. "Tagging" threads is considered spam here.
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:54 am

Sirocca wrote:

I'm not quite sure if that's more frightening in its extremism or its mental retardation.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:56 am

Sirocca wrote:

And we've got rightists advocating for murder of liberals. Does that represent the whole right?
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:01 am

The South Falls wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:It's only a matter of time before even saying the word gender becomes offensive. We've already got leftists advocating for "genderless theybies".

And we've got rightists advocating for murder of liberals. Does that represent the whole right?

And leftists that call for violent disarmament of gun owners...

Every side has its skeletons in the closet, but it is best to keep 'em locked in there nice and tight.

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:02 am

The South Falls wrote:And we've got rightists advocating for murder of liberals. Does that represent the whole right?

And leftists that call for violent disarmament of gun owners...

Every side has its skeletons in the closet, but it is best to keep 'em locked in there nice and tight.

That's entirely correct.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Autarkheia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Autarkheia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:10 pm

Western Vale Confederacy wrote:I'm pretty sure that 1984 doesn't target authoritarianism, but totalitarianism.
But totalitarian is the extreme end of authoritarianism, so it's not technically wrong.
The Liberated Territories wrote:I wouldn't say that 1984 is targeting anything specific other than authoritarianism.
It's very clearly about the Soviet Union although it has critiques that could apply to any totalitarian state like Nazi Germany, Maoist China etc.
We are free to believe that this is the century of authority, a century tending to the right, a Fascist century. If the XIXth century was the century of the individual (liberalism implies individualism) we are free to believe that this is the "collective" century, and therefore the century of the State.

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:25 pm

Joohan wrote:
That's like, at least, 3 people right there.

Only one I can think of is Therm, but he's more the lovechild of a threesome between radical centrism, social democracy and moderate authoritarianism.

*Foursome: hehe's very islamophobic as well.
..."Theybies"?

Last time I checked, the "ba-" in "baby" does not imply sex nor gender, it is a part of the word, a word that is GENDER-NEUTRAL mind you (you refer to a girl or a boy as a baby, no distinctions needed).

That's part of the reason why it is dumb. It's also pretty dumb in general to pretend like biological sex isn't a thing.

Ye that's very stupid.
The Eternal Aulus wrote:
Sirocca wrote:
Alex Jones has quite a lot of bullshit. Are you saying a lot of people here actually listen to him?
Are you just trying to yank me?

The line between sarcasm and actual opinion is very thin in here.

Akhi you're back!!!!!!! :hug: Assalamu 'Alaikum wa RaHmatullahi wa Barakatuhu!
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:36 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Only one I can think of is Therm, but he's more the lovechild of a threesome between radical centrism, social democracy and moderate authoritarianism.

*Foursome: hehe's very islamophobic as well.
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:That's part of the reason why it is dumb. It's also pretty dumb in general to pretend like biological sex isn't a thing.

Ye that's very stupid.
The Eternal Aulus wrote:The line between sarcasm and actual opinion is very thin in here.

Akhi you're back!!!!!!! :hug: Assalamu 'Alaikum wa RaHmatullahi wa Barakatuhu!

I mean, I can sympathize with Therm hilariously enough.

I strongly disagree with many of Islam's beliefs, but harming its followers by marginalizing them is not the way to chop the tree down.

Autarkheia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Autarkheia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:44 pm

Calling your baby "they" is not necessarily denying biology. It is probably more like the parents signalling that they don't know if their baby will grow up to be cis or trans, and so they think are being woke and inclusive by acknowledging that. However the odds of a child growing up to be trans are so small and there are no signs they are until much later in life that it's pointless. Infants have no concept of gender.

Maybe these are the kind of parents who believe in a very radical constructionist view of gender like "my two-year old son likes pink, so she's a trans girl now. If he stops liking pink and starts liking army men, s/he is now a boy." In the trans thread they have discussed how they don't agree with or like this idea that all gender is LARPing.
We are free to believe that this is the century of authority, a century tending to the right, a Fascist century. If the XIXth century was the century of the individual (liberalism implies individualism) we are free to believe that this is the "collective" century, and therefore the century of the State.

The Eternal Aulus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Eternal Aulus » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:27 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Akhi you're back!!!!!!! :hug: Assalamu 'Alaikum wa RaHmatullahi wa Barakatuhu!

Waleykumsalaam warahmatullah wabarakatuh
Muslim
Islamist

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:28 pm

The Eternal Aulus wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Akhi you're back!!!!!!! :hug: Assalamu 'Alaikum wa RaHmatullahi wa Barakatuhu!

Waleykumsalaam warahmatullah wabarakatuh

...Engrish por vous plait?

The Eternal Aulus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Eternal Aulus » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:32 pm

The Eternal Aulus wrote:Waleykumsalaam warahmatullah wabarakatuh

It's an Islamic greeting. It literally means ''may peace and the blessings of God be on you as well''.
Muslim
Islamist

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:36 pm

The Eternal Aulus wrote:

It's an Islamic greeting. It literally means ''may peace and the blessings of God be on you as well''.

Is it really necessary to pronounce it in Arabic, though?

I wasn't throwing around Latin words when I was still a Catholic...

The Eternal Aulus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Eternal Aulus » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:38 pm

The Eternal Aulus wrote:It's an Islamic greeting. It literally means ''may peace and the blessings of God be on you as well''.

Arabic is the lingua franca of Muslims, so yeah.
Muslim
Islamist

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:39 pm

The Eternal Aulus wrote:It's an Islamic greeting. It literally means ''may peace and the blessings of God be on you as well''.

Well we use Islamic/Arabic phrases in certain instances. Like for greetings we'd say them in Arabic (giving the salaam in Arabic sounds better than saying it in English to me anyways) and when explaining Islamic concepts we usually say them in Arabic (ex: "tawheed" instead of "oneness of Allah", "sawm" instead of "fasting", etc.)
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:40 pm

The Eternal Aulus wrote:

Arabic is the lingua franca of Muslims, so yeah.

Again, I consider it to be an unnecessary aspect of Islam (i.e. everything has to be Arabic somehow).

Like I said, Catholics don't go around speaking Latin, they speak in their native tongue (and that includes the religious texts, which have been translated into God knows how many languages).

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:41 pm

I'd say the main reason why Catholics don't use Latin as much as Muslims use Arabic (I could be generalizing here, pls no hurt me >m<) is because Christianity moved one from native language roots, and even moved on from Latin (in Cathilicism's case).
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

The Eternal Aulus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Eternal Aulus » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:42 pm

The Eternal Aulus wrote:Arabic is the lingua franca of Muslims, so yeah.

Again, I consider it to be an unnecessary aspect of Islam (i.e. everything has to be Arabic somehow).

Like I said, Catholics don't go around speaking Latin, they speak in their native tongue (and that includes the religious texts, which have been translated into God knows how many languages).

Because sometimes the essence of words become lost in translation. This is especially the case in most Semitic languages which have words and/or wordplay which may loose its meaning when translated. I think staying close to the ''source language'', or original language as you will, is very important especially for religions. It's also why Arabic is considered a subject of theology in the classical Islamic educational curriculum.

That's why the Roman Catholic Church kept its mass in Latin until the Second Vatican Council. And they still do in Tridentine mass.
Last edited by The Eternal Aulus on Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muslim
Islamist

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:44 pm

This also why some Muslims want to attain the title of HaafiDH (memorizing the whole Qur'an)
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General