NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread XIV: Join the Friendkorps

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mardla
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Mardla » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:50 pm

Reikoku wrote:
Mardla wrote:Fucked up what happens to that poor guy.

I've not read the book, but I suspect that Dostoyevski would have reserved no cruel and unusual punishment for the character who embodied the blasphemy he would've detested.

He is one of the only good characters in the book, he embodies selflessness and love. Probably the closest any of them comes to a Christian even though he lacks faith.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Reikoku
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Reikoku » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:56 pm

Mardla wrote:
Reikoku wrote:
I've not read the book, but I suspect that Dostoyevski would have reserved no cruel and unusual punishment for the character who embodied the blasphemy he would've detested.

He is one of the only good characters in the book, he embodies selflessness and love. Probably the closest any of them comes to a Christian even though he lacks faith.

That's... surprising. I should probably read the book then.

Mardla
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mardla » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:00 pm

Reikoku wrote:
Mardla wrote:He is one of the only good characters in the book, he embodies selflessness and love. Probably the closest any of them comes to a Christian even though he lacks faith.

His greatest and most horrific work. The chapter about the charismatic nihilist raping the child who then kills herself is at the end of most editions, as it was forced out in the original publication, but it's important to understand a lot.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Reikoku
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Reikoku » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:02 pm

Mardla wrote:
Reikoku wrote:

His greatest and most horrific work. The chapter about the charismatic nihilist raping the child who then kills herself is at the end of most editions, as it was forced out in the original publication, but it's important to understand a lot.

Well, at least he didn't pussyfoot around when he wrote about nihilism, unlike a lot of self-proclaimed 'nihilists' today.
Last edited by Reikoku on Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bienenhalde
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bienenhalde » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:30 pm

Vince Vaughn wrote:
Benuty wrote:Democracy is dead, and we have struck the final blow towards it dragging it, and the gods it serves to their graves howling, and scream. One leader, one state, one government, and one ideology are the true path towards the future in a realm of decaying skeleton skyrises, the men who made them, and their howling gods.

Tbh I think the world would've been better off if John D. Rockefeller, J.P. Morgan, Cornelius Vanderbilt, Henry Dow, and Andrew Carnegie overthrew the U.S. government and ruled it as a corporate dictatorship.

I think the world would have been better off if Britain had won the revolutionary war and America had retained the monarchy.

Mattopilos II
Minister

Founded: Feb 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos II » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

Reikoku wrote:
Mardla wrote:His greatest and most horrific work. The chapter about the charismatic nihilist raping the child who then kills herself is at the end of most editions, as it was forced out in the original publication, but it's important to understand a lot.

Well, at least he didn't pussyfoot around when he wrote about nihilism, unlike a lot of self-proclaimed 'nihilists' today.

Do you mind elaborating on this point? I am interested on what point you are making.
Anarchist without adjectives, Post-Leftist, Anti-theist, STEM major.
“Whoever will be free must make himself free. Freedom is no fairy gift to fall into a man's lap. What is freedom? To have the will to be responsible for one's self.” - Max Stirner
“The victory of a moral ideal is achieved by the same ‘immoral’ means as every victory: force, lies, slander, injustice.” - Nietzsche
“Our duties - are the rights of others over us.” - Nietzsche

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:34 pm

Bienenhalde wrote:
Vince Vaughn wrote:
Tbh I think the world would've been better off if John D. Rockefeller, J.P. Morgan, Cornelius Vanderbilt, Henry Dow, and Andrew Carnegie overthrew the U.S. government and ruled it as a corporate dictatorship.

I think the world would have been better off if Britain had won the revolutionary war and America had retained the monarchy.

No, I propose the U.S become the monarchic head of an Anglospheric union.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:39 pm

Benuty wrote:
Bienenhalde wrote:

No, I propose the U.S become the monarchic head of an Anglospheric union.

Only if I am head of state.
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

Mardla
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mardla » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:51 pm

Bienenhalde wrote:
Vince Vaughn wrote:

We already have plenty of monarchs in Disneyland, they even wave. Castles too.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Mardla
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mardla » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:12 pm

Mattopilos II wrote:
Reikoku wrote:

Do you mind elaborating on this point? I am interested on what point you are making.

Nihilism was serious shit then. Now it's gone into a sort of comfortable torpor. Similar to what happened with Christianity.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Mattopilos II
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos II » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:13 pm

Mardla wrote:
Mattopilos II wrote:

Nihilism was serious shit then. Now it's gone into a sort of comfortable torpor. Similar to what happened with Christianity.

Depends what we mean by nihilism. It isn't a single concept on its own, much like Christianity isn't all united under a single sect (which would be a contradiction given the meaning of sect).
“Whoever will be free must make himself free. Freedom is no fairy gift to fall into a man's lap. What is freedom? To have the will to be responsible for one's self.” - Max Stirner
“The victory of a moral ideal is achieved by the same ‘immoral’ means as every victory: force, lies, slander, injustice.” - Nietzsche

Mardla
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mardla » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:16 pm

Mattopilos II wrote:
Mardla wrote:Nihilism was serious shit then. Now it's gone into a sort of comfortable torpor. Similar to what happened with Christianity.

Depends what we mean by nihilism. It isn't a single concept on its own, much like Christianity isn't all united under a single sect (which would be a contradiction given the meaning of sect).

Nihilist anarchism.

Christian sects are all wrong, ofc, in the original church, all bishops were one in communion.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Mattopilos II
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos II » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:20 pm

Mardla wrote:
Mattopilos II wrote:

Nihilist anarchism.

Christian sects are all wrong, ofc, in the original church, all bishops were one in communion.

You mean as in like the Russian nihilist movement in the late 19th century, and illegalists, and existential anarchists?

Mardla
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mardla » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:22 pm

Mattopilos II wrote:
Mardla wrote:Nihilist anarchism.

You mean as in like the Russian nihilist movement in the late 19th century, and illegalists, and existential anarchists?

And the punk rockers.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:12 pm

Apparently Tunisia has taken to doing forced anal exams on suspected homosexuals.

I thought that was supposed to be the ME's best example.
Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

Frievolk
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:13 pm

Herskerstad wrote:Apparently Tunisia has taken to doing forced anal exams on suspected homosexuals.

1- Tunisia is North Africa, not Middle East :p
2- The only non-terrible example in the entire Middle East is Israel.
OOC
Libertarian Constitutionalist
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates
♔ The Frievolker Empire || Frievolker Kaiserreik
♔ The Realm in the Sun || De Reik in de Sonne
♔ Led by Kaiser Johann, Part of the Erstwelt
Never forget that the Muslims literally made up a new meaningless name for him when they forgot the name of Adam's Firstborn.

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:14 pm

Herskerstad wrote:Apparently Tunisia has taken to doing forced anal exams on suspected homosexuals.

It's no where near the ME's best example. This just just them more in a hole. Like wtfreak Tunis? >:(
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Mattopilos II
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos II » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:15 pm

Frievolk wrote:

1- Tunisia is North Africa, not Middle East :p

Least terrible, at best.

Frievolk
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:16 pm

Mattopilos II wrote:
Frievolk wrote:1- Tunisia is North Africa, not Middle East :p

Least terrible, at best.

I'd say it is decidedly not terrible. It isn't perfect, of course, but in the context of the Middle East, it might as well be.
OOC
Libertarian Constitutionalist
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates
♔ The Frievolker Empire || Frievolker Kaiserreik
♔ The Realm in the Sun || De Reik in de Sonne
♔ Led by Kaiser Johann, Part of the Erstwelt
Never forget that the Muslims literally made up a new meaningless name for him when they forgot the name of Adam's Firstborn.

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:18 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:

It's no where near the ME's best example. This just just them more in a hole. Like wtfreak Tunis? >:(

What would you then consider to be the presently best example?
Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

Mattopilos II
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos II » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:18 pm

Frievolk wrote:
Mattopilos II wrote:
Least terrible, at best.

I'd say it is decidedly not terrible. It isn't perfect, of course, but in the context of the Middle East, it might as well be.

Different standards I guess.

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:21 pm

Herskerstad wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:It's no where near the ME's best example. This just just them more in a hole. Like wtfreak Tunis? >:(

What would you then consider to be the presently best example?

None.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Mardla
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mardla » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:23 pm

Do they get a warrant?
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:26 pm

Mardla wrote:

Do they get a warrant?

A warrant to counter sodomy by . . .inserting things into their asses?

Don't know. Don't really care.

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:28 pm

Last edited by El-Amin Caliphate on Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General