NATION

PASSWORD

Presidential elections of Brazil 2018 (Second Round/POLL)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Who will be the president of Brazil?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:02 am

Fernando Haddad (Worker´s Party/Partido dos Trabalhadores) Left-Wing / Lulism
37%
Jair Bolsonaro (Social Liberal Party/Partido Social Liberal) Right-Wing/ Nationalist
50%
Blank/Null
13%

Total votes : 167

Omega State
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Presidential elections of Brazil 2018 (Second Round/POLL)

Postby Omega State » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:02 am

Brazilian presidential elections 2018

Results from first round:
1.Jair Bolsonaro with 46,03%. Votes:49.275.358.
2. Fernando Haddad with 29,28%. Votes:31.341.839.

Second round
Bolsonaro from Social Liberal Party X Haddad from Worker´s Party

The result of the first round was expected: Bolsonaro and Haddad in first and second place respectively. The second round promises to be very complicated for the two candidates, who will have to attract voters from the other candidates and also from those who vote blank or null

You can find info about the candidates here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_Brazil

The second round will happen in October 28. My vote will be in blank, but i´m pro-bolsonaro win.
Last edited by Omega State on Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 33 times in total.
Astral News:Alex Jones says that the Illuminatis created the Bermuda Triangle.// Others News:Steam launch a console called Steam One 

Bienenhalde
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bienenhalde » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:47 am

Omega State wrote:The elections in Brazil will be tomorrow. I would like to know the general opinion of NS and also of my Brazilian brothers. My vote is in Marina Silva.

I am an American, and I am sympathetic to Silva. I noticed that she her poll numbers have gone down quite a bit lately. Do you have any idea why?

Right wing humour squad
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Right wing humour squad » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:48 am

I didn’t realise Brazil got around to holding elections.
I just thought the last candidate to not be shot got the job.
Currently adulting.
Reheated Donuts.
Minarchist and libertarian extremist.

Omega State
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Omega State » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:50 am

Bienenhalde wrote:
Omega State wrote:The elections in Brazil will be tomorrow. I would like to know the general opinion of NS and also of my Brazilian brothers. My vote is in Marina Silva.

I am an American, and I am sympathetic to Silva. I noticed that she her poll numbers have gone down quite a bit lately. Do you have any idea why?

Honestly speaking, I think the main reason is the dominance of the candidates Bolsonaro and Haddad. She defends good ideas, however, the Brazilian people are tired of assaults, insecurity and poor education. Therefore, most of the votes go to extremes, not giving the centrists a chance like Silva.
Sorry for the bad english.
Last edited by Omega State on Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
Astral News:Alex Jones says that the Illuminatis created the Bermuda Triangle.// Others News:Steam launch a console called Steam One 

New Sortitia
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Sortitia » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:59 am

Colombian here. Brazil needs Bolsonaro, Latin America needs Bolsonaro. Bolsonaro is the only one who can stop the drug-dealing, terrorist and corrupt criminals of the populist left-wing of the continent. We need to get rid of them everywhere.

Nova Brazilis
Civilian

Founded: Aug 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Brazilis » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:20 am

Olá, brasileiro aqui.
Eu acho que não temos como melhorar a situação do país por enquanto, infelizmente, pois a maioria do povo brasileiro desconhece sobre política, muitos sequer sabem o que um presidente faz. Existem candidatos com propostas sólidas e interessantes, como Meirelles e Marina Silva por exemplo, mas aparentemente aqueles que possuem pequena compreensão sobre política só defendem radicais como Bolsonaro e Haddad, deixando de lado os candidatos centristas, muitos com excelentes propostas. Concluindo, se formos depender do povo brasileiro, a situação não vai melhorar tão cedo e pode até mesmo piorar :(

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:21 am

Right wing humour squad wrote:I didn’t realise Brazil got around to holding elections.
I just thought the last candidate to not be shot got the job.

Or stabbed
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:21 am

Nova Brazilis wrote:Olá, brasileiro aqui.
Eu acho que não temos como melhorar a situação do país por enquanto, infelizmente, pois a maioria do povo brasileiro desconhece sobre política, muitos sequer sabem o que um presidente faz. Existem candidatos com propostas sólidas e interessantes, como Meirelles e Marina Silva por exemplo, mas aparentemente aqueles que possuem pequena compreensão sobre política só defendem radicais como Bolsonaro e Haddad, deixando de lado os candidatos centristas, muitos com excelentes propostas. Concluindo, se formos depender do povo brasileiro, a situação não vai melhorar tão cedo e pode até mesmo piorar :(

English dude
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Omega State
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Omega State » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:25 am

Concordo. Mas Meirelles não é confiavel justamente por fazer parte da turma do Temer.
I agree. But Meirelles is not trustworthy precisely because he is part of the Temer class.
Last edited by Omega State on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Omega State
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Omega State » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:26 am

Thermodolia wrote:

English dude

Translation:
I think we can not improve the situation in the country for now, unfortunately, because most of the Brazilian people are ignorant about politics, many do not even know what a president does. There are candidates with solid and interesting proposals, such as Meirelles and Marina Silva for example, but apparently those who have little understanding of politics only defend radicals like Bolsonaro and Haddad, leaving aside the centrist candidates, many with excellent proposals. In conclusion, if we are to depend on the Brazilian people, the situation will not improve anytime soon and may even get worse :(

Constitutional Technocracy of Minecraft
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Constitutional Technocracy of Minecraft » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:26 am

New Sortitia wrote:Colombian here. Brazil needs Bolsonaro, Latin America needs Bolsonaro. Bolsonaro is the only one who can stop the drug-dealing, terrorist and corrupt criminals of the populist left-wing of the continent. We need to get rid of them everywhere.

1. The Latin American left =/= Latin American gangs and drug cartels.
2. Jair Bolsonaro is blatantly sexist and homophobic (congresswoman "not worth raping"? WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!?) and supports the Brazilian military dictatorship and its actions (which makes him no better than Brazil's gangs and drug cartels)

Edit: Unsurprisingly, I support anyone who isn't Bolsonaro.
Last edited by Constitutional Technocracy of Minecraft on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Omega State
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Omega State » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:30 am

Constitutional Technocracy of Minecraft wrote:
New Sortitia wrote:Colombian here. Brazil needs Bolsonaro, Latin America needs Bolsonaro. Bolsonaro is the only one who can stop the drug-dealing, terrorist and corrupt criminals of the populist left-wing of the continent. We need to get rid of them everywhere.

2. Jair Bolsonaro is blatantly sexist and homophobic (congresswoman "not worth raping"? WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!?) and supports the Brazilian military dictatorship and its actions (which makes him no better than Brazil's gangs and drug cartels)

The majority of the population here is afraid of the high rates of homicide, femicide, rape, bank and people robberies and LGBTphobia. Therefore, they seek candidates who strive for a tough and rigid security policy, which in this case, Bolsonaro is in favor of.
Last edited by Omega State on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:35 am

I support the Brazilian military dictatorship too. Actually I support all military dictatorships
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Constitutional Technocracy of Minecraft » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:40 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Constitutional Technocracy of Minecraft wrote:1. The Latin American left =/= Latin American gangs and drug cartels.

I support the Brazilian military dictatorship too. Actually I support all military dictatorships

So you support systematic torture, executions and death fights for political opponents? You're just as bad, if not worse, as Latin America's infamous gangs and drug cartels.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Constitutional Technocracy of Minecraft » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:41 am

Omega State wrote:
Constitutional Technocracy of Minecraft wrote:1. The Latin American left =/= Latin American gangs and drug cartels.

The majority of the population here is afraid of the high rates of homicide, femicide, rape, bank and people robberies and LGBTphobia. Therefore, they seek candidates who strive for a tough and rigid security policy, which in this case, Bolsonaro is in favor of.

Great. They want Brazil to descend to the level of its criminals.

Silver Commonwealth
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 16, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silver Commonwealth » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:42 am

Without more detailed info about parties, it is kinda hard for me to decide. But my vote would go for Silva, personally. Second pick (or ''B'' pick) probably would be Ciro Gomes.
✥ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡꜱ ✥
- ꜱɴɴ
- ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇ
✉ ʀᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ ✉
- ᴀᴅᴍɪɴɪꜱᴛʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
- ꜱᴛᴏʀɪᴇꜱ
⚒ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ʀᴇᴘᴜʙʟɪᴄ ᴏꜰ ꜱɪʟᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴏɴᴡᴇᴀʟᴛʜ ⚒
|☐ʜᴏᴍᴇ☐|❖ꜱᴄ ɪɴ ʜᴏɪ4❖|★ꜱᴄ'ꜱ ʀᴀᴅɪᴏ&ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ★|❇ᴄᴏɴꜱᴛɪᴛᴜᴛɪᴏɴ❇|✧ᴍɪʟɪᴛᴀʀʏ✧|✝ᴍᴀᴘꜱ&ɪɴꜰᴏ✝|☢ʜɪꜱᴛᴏʀʏ☢|
⚖ ᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴇꜱ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ꜰᴇʟʟ,
ʀᴀᴅɪᴄᴀʟɪᴢᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴄ'ꜱ ᴅᴇᴍᴏᴄʀᴀᴄʏ ꜱᴜᴘᴘᴏʀᴛᴇʀꜱ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴍᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴀʟ ☠
_[][][][][][][L'''][Σ][][~][][][]_
̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

This nation doesn't represent my views

IRL views: not much different from 4 years ago (socdem)

Tom being a control freak + pathological distrust of private enterprises = this nation

''I thought that I was a conservative. Turns out, I was just sentimental at times''

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:43 am

Thermodolia wrote:I support the Brazilian military dictatorship too. Actually I support all military dictatorships

So you support systematic torture, executions and death fights for political opponents? You're just as bad, if not worse, as Latin America's infamous gangs and drug cartels.

I’m practically a Stalinist. I really don’t care what you think.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Omega State
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Omega State » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:45 am

Silver Commonwealth wrote:Without more detailed info about parties, it is kinda hard for me to decide. But my vote would go for Silva, personally. Second pick (or ''B'' pick) probably would be Ciro Gomes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_Brazil

Omega State
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Omega State » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:46 am

Omega State wrote:The majority of the population here is afraid of the high rates of homicide, femicide, rape, bank and people robberies and LGBTphobia. Therefore, they seek candidates who strive for a tough and rigid security policy, which in this case, Bolsonaro is in favor of.

Great. They want Brazil to descend to the level of its criminals.

Apparently.

Silver Commonwealth
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silver Commonwealth » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:48 am

Omega State wrote:
Silver Commonwealth wrote:Without more detailed info about parties, it is kinda hard for me to decide. But my vote would go for Silva, personally. Second pick (or ''B'' pick) probably would be Ciro Gomes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_Brazil

Okay. Why is Bolsonaro a candidate of Partido Social Liberal, though? I have heard, that he isn't that democratic. Or is there something I missed about Brazilian politics?
✥ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡꜱ ✥
- ꜱɴɴ
- ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇ
✉ ʀᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ ✉
- ᴀᴅᴍɪɴɪꜱᴛʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
- ꜱᴛᴏʀɪᴇꜱ
|☐ʜᴏᴍᴇ☐|❖ꜱᴄ ɪɴ ʜᴏɪ4❖|★ꜱᴄ'ꜱ ʀᴀᴅɪᴏ&ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ★|❇ᴄᴏɴꜱᴛɪᴛᴜᴛɪᴏɴ❇|✧ᴍɪʟɪᴛᴀʀʏ✧|✝ᴍᴀᴘꜱ&ɪɴꜰᴏ✝|☢ʜɪꜱᴛᴏʀʏ☢|
̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

Tom being a control freak + pathological distrust of private enterprises = this nation

''I thought that I was a conservative. Turns out, I was just sentimental at times''

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Constitutional Technocracy of Minecraft » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:53 am

Silver Commonwealth wrote:

Okay. Why is Bolsonaro a candidate of Partido Social Liberal, though? I have heard, that he isn't that democratic. Or is there something I missed about Brazilian politics?

Many other political parties around the world have such misnomers, such as the Liberal Democratic Party of Russia (which really is an ultranationalist authoritarian party)

Omega State
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Omega State » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:53 am

It's understandable that you do not understand. Well, before Bolsonaro joined the PSL, the PSL was a libertarian party. However the PSL also has a more "nationalist and conservative" wing. As Bolsonaro was looking for a party without corruption cases, he chose the PSL. The libertarian wing left the party and the PSL became a conservative party. It's kind of confusing indeed, just like the name of the Nazi party in Nazi Germany, where it had "Socialist", being that they were totally against the Socialists.
As for Bolsonaro not being democratic, this is difficult to say. I'd say he's a bit "extreme", but not totally against democracy.

Silver Commonwealth
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silver Commonwealth » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:57 am

Silver Commonwealth wrote:Okay. Why is Bolsonaro a candidate of Partido Social Liberal, though? I have heard, that he isn't that democratic. Or is there something I missed about Brazilian politics?

Many other political parties around the world have such misnomers, such as the Liberal Democratic Party of Russia (which really is an ultranationalist authoritarian party)

The one, which is led by Zhirinovsky? That dude is a total meme.
✥ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡꜱ ✥
- ꜱɴɴ
- ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇ
✉ ʀᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ ✉
- ᴀᴅᴍɪɴɪꜱᴛʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
- ꜱᴛᴏʀɪᴇꜱ

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Constitutional Technocracy of Minecraft » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:59 am

Constitutional Technocracy of Minecraft wrote:Many other political parties around the world have such misnomers, such as the Liberal Democratic Party of Russia (which really is an ultranationalist authoritarian party)

Yeah. Specifically, a Slav meme

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:59 am

Constitutional Technocracy of Minecraft wrote:Many other political parties around the world have such misnomers, such as the Liberal Democratic Party of Russia (which really is an ultranationalist authoritarian party)

many parties like that are.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General