NATION

PASSWORD

Theocracy Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Frievolk
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:26 am

Saranidia wrote:
Frievolk wrote:except it doesn't.

You probably wouldn't want your sister/mother/daughter to be a prostitute in any country because you care about her.

Also it does by saying that women have no sanctity or honour and all that is needed to gain access to their body is pay them.
I claims they can be rented even if consensually.

I also wouldn't want my sister to be a cop, a firefighter, a lawyer, or a number of other professions. How is that relevant?
Or does, in your small, boring world, sex only exist for procreation and anything other than that is dishonorable and unsanctimonious?
Oh wait never mind
OOC
Libertarian Constitutionalist
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates
♔ The Frievolker Empire || Frievolker Kaiserreik
♔ The Realm in the Sun || De Reik in de Sonne
♔ Led by Kaiser Johann, Part of the Erstwelt
Never forget that the Muslims literally made up a new meaningless name for him when they forgot the name of Adam's Firstborn.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:03 pm

Frievolk wrote:
Saranidia wrote:You probably wouldn't want your sister/mother/daughter to be a prostitute in any country because you care about her.

Also it does by saying that women have no sanctity or honour and all that is needed to gain access to their body is pay them.

I also wouldn't want my sister to be a cop, a firefighter, a lawyer, or a number of other professions. How is that relevant?
Or does, in your small, boring world, sex only exist for procreation and anything other than that is dishonorable and unsanctimonious?
Oh wait never mind

Almost all of the arguments against prostitution I've heard rely on comparing a woman's body to a material good.
The fact that there are male prostitutes never seems to occur to those who use this argument for some reason.

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:07 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Saranidia wrote:By the way Frievolk why is it bad for Muslims to be against alcohol if they don't ban it for non-Muslims in their own homes?
Surely freedom of thought includes freedom to disapprove of people?
Also do you think prostitution should be legal?

Considering that the thread is about Theocracy I don't believe for a second that non-Muslims would be allowed such.

Islamic Law should not be applied on non-Muslims.
Genivaria wrote:
Saranidia wrote:You probably wouldn't want your sister/mother/daughter to be a prostitute in any country because you care about her.

I don't know what 'sanctity' or 'honor' has to do with having sex.
Or do you think that having sex is somehow immoral?

It can be, depending on when and how it's done.
Pro: (Pan-)Islamism--Palestine--RBG--Choice to an extent--Giving land back to Native Americans--East--Afrika--etc.
Anti: US gov--West gov--Capitalism--Imperialism/Colonialism--Racism/White Supremacy--Secularism getting into everything--Western 'intervention' in the East--Zionism--etc.
I'm a New Afrikan Muslim :) https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality Sister nation of El-Amin Caliphate
Farnhamia wrote:A word of advice from your friendly neighborhood Mod, be careful how you use "kafir." It's derogatory usage by some people can get you in trouble unless you are very careful in setting the context for it's use.

This means we can use the word, just not in a bad way. So don't punish anyone who uses kafir.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:20 pm

Kubumba Tribe wrote:
Genivaria wrote:Considering that the thread is about Theocracy I don't believe for a second that non-Muslims would be allowed such.

Islamic Law should not be applied on non-Muslims.
Genivaria wrote:I don't know what 'sanctity' or 'honor' has to do with having sex.

It can be, depending on when and how it's done.

Yeah well here is the thing about theocracys they only care about their religion and will base laws off it effectively forcing everyone in the nation to abide by their religion.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Saranidia
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:21 pm

Genivaria wrote:

I don't know what 'sanctity' or 'honor' has to do with having sex.

Having sex isn't neccesarily amoral but it should not happen if the context does not respect
the honour of both parties
Mostly represents my views but what I think a Middle Eastern nation should do which will be sometimes different to what I think a western nation should do(because the people have different needs in different places)

Vote Lisa Nandy

Copy this into your sig if you know sex and gender are different and did not fail biology.

RIP grandpa kitchen

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:25 pm

Saranidia wrote:
Genivaria wrote:I don't know what 'sanctity' or 'honor' has to do with having sex.

Having sex isn't neccesarily amoral but it should not happen if the context does not respect

And how does paid sex 'disrespect their honor' ?

Saranidia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:35 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Saranidia wrote:

And how does paid sex 'disrespect their honor' ?

Because it violates their sense of sanctity and treats them as if they are disposable for a start. I can also cause psychological problems according to some researchers.
This is why even people who want prostitution to be legal typically would not want their sister to be prostitute
Mostly represents my views but what I think a Middle Eastern nation should do which will be sometimes different to what I think a western nation should do(because the people have different needs in different places)

Vote Lisa Nandy

Copy this into your sig if you know sex and gender are different and did not fail biology.

RIP grandpa kitchen

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:01 pm

Saranidia wrote:
Genivaria wrote:And how does paid sex 'disrespect their honor' ?

Because it violates their sense of sanctity and treats them as if they are disposable for a start. I can also cause psychological problems according to some researchers.
This is why even people who want prostitution to be legal typically would not want their sister to be prostitute

Because it violates their sense of sanctity and treats them as if they are disposable for a start.

I don't know what the hell 'sanctity' means in this context and how does it treat them as disposable?
I can also cause psychological problems according to some researchers.

So can working as a waiter for several years, it makes you want to come to work with a shotgun.

Entirely irrelevant.

Saranidia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:11 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Saranidia wrote:Because it violates their sense of sanctity and treats them as if they are disposable for a start. I can also cause psychological problems according to some researchers.

Because it violates their sense of sanctity and treats them as if they are disposable for a start.

I don't know what the hell 'sanctity' means in this context and how does it treat them as disposable?
I can also cause psychological problems according to some researchers.

So can working as a waiter for several years, it makes you want to come to work with a shotgun.

Entirely irrelevant.

1. There can be laws about how waiters are treating including not using one's power to speak to them disrespectfully which can make it less stressful. 2 wrongs don't make a right and are you saying sex that causes psychological problems is ok?
2. It isn't relevant because it suggests it is bad if one would not wish it on those one cares about(EG ones sister) even if one thinks it is ok.

Vote Lisa Nandy

RIP grandpa kitchen

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:13 pm

Saranidia wrote:
Genivaria wrote:

Entirely irrelevant.

1. There can be laws about how waiters are treating including not using one's power to speak to them disrespectfully which can make it less stressful. 2 wrongs don't make a right and are you saying sex that causes psychological problems is ok?
2. It isn't relevant because it suggests it is bad if one would not wish it on those one cares about(EG ones sister) even if one thinks it is ok.

1. And there can be laws protecting prostitutes, so we're right back to them being even.
2 wrongs don't make a right and are you saying sex that causes psychological problems is ok?

Wow what a way to twist my words there, I said that other INDUSTRIES can cause psychological problems so what makes prostitution different?

Saranidia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:19 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Saranidia wrote:1. There can be laws about how waiters are treating including not using one's power to speak to them disrespectfully which can make it less stressful. 2 wrongs don't make a right and are you saying sex that causes psychological problems is ok?

1. And there can be laws protecting prostitutes, so we're right back to them being even.
2 wrongs don't make a right and are you saying sex that causes psychological problems is ok?

Wow what a way to twist my words there, I said that other INDUSTRIES can cause psychological problems so what makes prostitution different?

1. Laws protecting prostitutes do not eliminate the degrading nature and loopholes will be exploited as a pimp is not realistically going to be a person of nobility, honour and taste.

2. prostitution is not just an industry but the direct sale of access to one's body rather than the performance of another task.

Vote Lisa Nandy

RIP grandpa kitchen

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:23 pm

Saranidia wrote:
Genivaria wrote:1. And there can be laws protecting prostitutes, so we're right back to them being even.

1. Laws protecting prostitutes do not eliminate the degrading nature and loopholes will be exploited as a pimp is not realistically going to be a person of nobility, honour and taste.

2. prostitution is not just an industry but the direct sale of access to one's body rather than the performance of another task.

1. It is no more degradation to prostitution then there is to doing dishes, actually talk to a prostitute sometime instead of thinking you need to 'save' them.
And who said anything about pimps? Legalizing and regulating the sex trade would do away with pimps and make all prostitutes paid, protected, and free workers who can leave whenever they want.

It is the selling of a service that they provide, in the same way manual labor is a service.
And I can tell you right now that prostitutes make far more money than I ever did doing manual labor.

Saranidia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:34 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Saranidia wrote:1. Laws protecting prostitutes do not eliminate the degrading nature and loopholes will be exploited as a pimp is not realistically going to be a person of nobility, honour and taste.

1. It is no more degradation to prostitution then there is to doing dishes, actually talk to a prostitute sometime instead of thinking you need to 'save' them.
And who said anything about pimps? Legalizing and regulating the sex trade would do away with pimps and make all prostitutes paid, protected, and free workers who can leave whenever they want.

It is the selling of a service that they provide, in the same way manual labor is a service.
And I can tell you right now that prostitutes make far more money than I ever did doing manual labor.

I was listening to this documentary on BBC radio 4 and legal "prostitutes" in the Nederlands often felt forced into it by circumstances and traumatised. A woman interviewed a number of them. Also I perhaps don't need to save them all some of them might be at fault themselves.
Also the difference is with manual labour people are paid to manipulate matter not for access to their bodies.
furthermore human trafficking elements of the trade in women(and some men) could be prevented with no parole and frequent executions for those who do it.

People exploiting consensual prostitution of others would get 22-30 years instead.
Last edited by Saranidia on Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vote Lisa Nandy

RIP grandpa kitchen

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:35 pm

Saranidia wrote:
Genivaria wrote:1. It is no more degradation to prostitution then there is to doing dishes, actually talk to a prostitute sometime instead of thinking you need to 'save' them.

I was listening to this documentary on BBC radio 4 and legal prostitutes in the Nederlands often felt forced into it by circumstances and traumatised. A woman interviewed a number of them.

And you think this convinces me hearing about it 3rd hand with no source?

Publica
Envoy

Founded: May 25, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Publica » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:01 pm

Flawless Walruses wrote:
Publica wrote:
Negative consequnce of not charging interest? None. Negative consequence of banning people from charging interest? No one gives loans. Interest is the motivation for banks to give out money, that they might not get back. Why else are they going to do it?

I detest theocracy in theory and in practise, but the prohibition on interest is something I've been warming to ever since the bailouts, and I realised how much risk (and more so, fragility) the government-backed "financial industry" externalizes onto the people.

Mohammed was a merchant before he entered the government business, and a free market fanatic even by modern American standards ("prices rise and fall in accordance with the will of God"), but he drew the line at state-subsidised usury.

If you're an entrepreneur in need of capital, find investors willing to take shares, was his system. If you can't find investors, your business probably sucks. Yes, Arabia and East Africa were doing the whole share-market thing a millennium before the West.

If you have capital to invest, find a business to take a share in (risks as well as rewards). If you're not willing to wear some of the risks, you don't deserve the rewards.

Either way, don't come howling to the government asking for a taxpayer-funded service, be it a bailout after a popular loss of confidence, or state-violence-backed enforcement on a compound-interest scam gone wrong.

Interest-bearing financial instruments make money and pay taxes in the short term, but the medium-term costs in enforcement costs, economic instability and political instability are not worth it (similiar to gambling and pyramid selling schemes). The only reason usury was legalised in early modern Europe (and its imitators since) is a combination of lack of foresight with massive political corruption.

My apologies for the slightly late reply, but I haven't checked the forums in a couple days.

By banning interest, we're not talking about the government, the government barely charges it. We're talking about banning banks from charging interests on loans. Not just to businesses, which , as you say, can make capital in other ways, but also to people. So no more mortgages. No more loans for hospital bills. It gets worse from there. You are welcome to argue that interest should be banned, but everyone who wants to buy a house isn't going to than you for it.
So soon may I follow,
When friendships decay,
And from Love's shining circle
The gems drop away.
When true hearts lie withered,
And fond ones are flown,
Oh! who would inhabit
This bleak world alone?

The Greater Ohio Valley
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Greater Ohio Valley » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:08 pm

Kubumba Tribe wrote:Also, Islamic countries don't exist.

They very much do exist, regardless how much you try to pretend otherwise.
Occasionally the Neo-American States
"Choke on the ashes of your hate."
Authoritarian leftist as a means to a libertarian socialist end. Civic nationalist and American patriot. Democracy is non-negotiable. Uniting humanity, fixing our planet and venturing out into the stars is the overarching goal. Jaded and broken yet I persist.

The Empire of Pretantia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Empire of Pretantia » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:50 pm

The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:

inb4 "They're not Islamic"
ywn be as good as this video
Gacha
Trashing other people's waifus
Anti-NN
EA
Douche flutes
Zimbabwe
Putting the toilet paper roll the wrong way
Every single square inch of Asia
Lewding Earth-chan
Pollution
4Chan in all its glory and all its horror
Playing the little Switch controller handheld thing in public
Treading on me
Socialism, Communism, Anarchism, and all their cousins and sisters and brothers and wife's sons
Alternate Universe 40K
Nightcore
Comcast
Zimbabwe
Believing the Ottomans were the third Roman Empire
Parodies of the Gadsden flag
The Fate Series
US politics

Gran Virginia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Gran Virginia » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:00 pm

The purpose of the separation of Church and State is the protection of the church from the state, not the other way around. History has shown time and again that when church and state mix, the church suffers for it due to the nature of politics.

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:40 pm

Muslim-majority countries that are astray from the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah are not Islamic.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:51 pm

The Empire of Pretantia wrote:
The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:They very much do exist, regardless how much you try to pretend otherwise.

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:They very much do exist, regardless how much you try to pretend otherwise.

Muslim-majority countries that are astray from the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah are not Islamic.

Well done Pret.

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:58 pm

Genivaria wrote:
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:inb4 "They're not Islamic"

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Muslim-majority countries that are astray from the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah are not Islamic.

Well done Pret.

:?:
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

United States of Oceania
Diplomat

Founded: May 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Oceania » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:15 pm

The Empire of Pretantia wrote:

Calling current Muslim-majoriry countries "Islamic" is nonsense just like calling the Soviet Union a "Christian" country just because the majority of Soviet people were Christians.
Last edited by United States of Oceania on Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PRO: Islam, Islamic Government, Pan-Africanism, Pan-Islamism, Islamic Socialism

AGAINST: United States, Russia, Iran, Europe, Israel, White People, Christianity, Capitalism, Homosexuality, Feminism, Abortion, Secularism, Assad, Shi'ism, Sufism

The Greater Ohio Valley
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Greater Ohio Valley » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:57 pm

United States of Oceania wrote:

Calling current Muslim-majoriry countries "Islamic" is nonsense just like calling the Soviet Union a "Christian" country just because the majority of Soviet people were Christians.

If you had clicked the link, you would have seen the listed nations are ruled by Islamic laws and therefore are Islamic countries.
Occasionally the Neo-American States
"Choke on the ashes of your hate."
Authoritarian leftist as a means to a libertarian socialist end. Civic nationalist and American patriot. Democracy is non-negotiable. Uniting humanity, fixing our planet and venturing out into the stars is the overarching goal. Jaded and broken yet I persist.

United States of Oceania
Diplomat

Founded: May 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Oceania » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:02 pm

If you had clicked the link, you would have seen the listed nations are ruled by Islamic laws and therefore are Islamic countries.

There's no such thing as a "republic" in Islam and the link is just a list of countries that are called Islamic Republic, but doesn't demonstrate they are ruled by Islamic law.
PRO: Islam, Islamic Government, Pan-Africanism, Pan-Islamism, Islamic Socialism

AGAINST: United States, Russia, Iran, Europe, Israel, White People, Christianity, Capitalism, Homosexuality, Feminism, Abortion, Secularism, Assad, Shi'ism, Sufism

The Empire of Pretantia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Empire of Pretantia » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:07 pm

Unlike the Soviet Union, Islamic countries enforce laws that are beyond all doubt Islamic in nature.

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:

What you have here is the "only sane man" mentality. It is nothing but willful ignorance.
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Genivaria wrote:
Well done Pret.

:?:

We all knew exactly what you would say, because you're a broken record. Any time there is a fact that contradicts your worldview, you invariably decry it as "not Al-Islam" regardless of if it is or not.
ywn be as good as this video
Gacha
Trashing other people's waifus
Anti-NN
EA
Douche flutes
Zimbabwe
Putting the toilet paper roll the wrong way
Every single square inch of Asia
Lewding Earth-chan
Pollution
4Chan in all its glory and all its horror
Playing the little Switch controller handheld thing in public
Treading on me
Socialism, Communism, Anarchism, and all their cousins and sisters and brothers and wife's sons
Alternate Universe 40K
Nightcore
Comcast
Zimbabwe
Believing the Ottomans were the third Roman Empire
Parodies of the Gadsden flag
The Fate Series
US politics

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General