NATION

PASSWORD

Real life you vs. internet you

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

TheCapitalWasteland
Envoy

Founded: Jun 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Real life you vs. internet you

Postby TheCapitalWasteland » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:09 pm

i'm more of a dick on the interwebs and I talk smarter but that doesn't mean I don't talk smart and am not a dick in real life.

Molested Sock
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Molested Sock » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:19 am

The Plutonian Empire wrote:Is there any difference between your IRL personality and your internet forum / chatroom personality?

If so, what?

I'm generally a nice guy IRL, but on the interwebs, I can be quite a jerk. And an opinionated one at that.

That's why we love you.

I'm pretty much the same these days, hilarious, smart, average to look at but generally idolised regardless.
100% 80% of the time.

Bottle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bottle » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:07 pm

The Plutonian Empire wrote:Is there any difference between your IRL personality and your internet forum / chatroom personality?

If so, what?

I'm generally a nice guy IRL, but on the interwebs, I can be quite a jerk. And an opinionated one at that.

I used to try on different personalities when on the internet, sort of like when you transfer to a new school and you get to completely reinvent yourself. But my natural personality always ends up asserting itself, so in the end my internet personality is pretty much the same as my IRL self.
"Until evolution happens like in pokemon I'll never accept your 'evidence'!" -Ifreann
"Well, excuuuuuuse me, feminist." -Ende

Waterlow
Ambassador

Founded: May 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Waterlow » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:30 pm

I'm a fluffy bunny out there in realville, especially in unfamiliar company. I feel able to express myself in more strident fashion on the 'net, though this doesn't mean I treat people poorly. I hope.
To live in England for the pleasures of social intercourse - that would be like searching for flowers in a sandy desert. ~ Nikolai Karamzin

The English think very highly of their own humanity; I am willing to admit they are not inhuman... ~ Louis Simond

The people of England choose to be, in a great measure, without Law and without Police; they have reached a very distinguished point in industry and civilisation without them. ~ Morning Chronicle

On, on!

Previous

Return to General